McBudz Perpetual Journal

My personal fav is getting distracted and forgetting your filling up the rez!

that could be a disaster beyond belief. Especially for those not in the basement. I always set an alarm clock for 33.5 hours on my res and set it between me and the front door so I'd have to trip over it to leave the house. Takes a good 4 hours these days to fill my 55 gallon drum with RO water. Thats a long time to allow for distractions.

that could be a disaster beyond belief. Especially for those not in the basement. I always set an alarm clock for 33.5 hours on my res and set it between me and the front door so I'd have to trip over it to leave the house. Takes a good 4 hours these days to fill my 55 gallon drum with RO water. Thats a long time to allow for distractions.

Hehe! You quickly realize what's happening when you suddenly think "Hmmm. I don't live near the ocean...but I here water run......."::surf:...four hours for a drum...what kind of RO filter do you use because it should take 20 mins....a friend has multiple 55 gallon rez's and for even running one he had to get an industrial RO filter to do that much water....here's the kicker...he was looking at the filter because the water from the shallow well read EC of 1,59 straight up. He thought the meter TDS meant Total Dissolved Salts but it means TD Solids so he gave the water a shot on a few plants and they didn't crocke immidietly so he added some more and when I spoke to him earlier tonight he wouldn't stop rambling about how he has never seen groth like this before. That the plants look like they we're topped several times all at once but were never touched. He was on and on but I did catch that his EC reading with nutes is over 3...around 2100ppm....I have to get some pics!

Hehe! You quickly realize what's happening when you suddenly think "Hmmm. I don't live near the ocean...but I here water run......."::surf:...four hours for a drum...what kind of RO filter do you use because it should take 20 mins....a friend has multiple 55 gallon rez's and for even running one he had to get an industrial RO filter to do that much water....here's the kicker...he was looking at the filter because the water from the shallow well read EC of 1,59 straight up. He thought the meter TDS meant Total Dissolved Salts but it means TD Solids so he gave the water a shot on a few plants and they didn't crocke immidietly so he added some more and when I spoke to him earlier tonight he wouldn't stop rambling about how he has never seen groth like this before. That the plants look like they we're topped several times all at once but were never touched. He was on and on but I did catch that his EC reading with nutes is over 3...around 2100ppm....I have to get some pics!

GE Merlin Garden Pro. When the elements were new I could do my drum closer to 3:15. Takes a little longer these days. New RO elements are about $200 if I remember correctly.

GE Merlin Garden Pro. When the elements were new I could do my drum closer to 3:15. Takes a little longer these days. New RO elements are about $200 if I remember correctly.

I didn't know that an RO system slowed flow that much, I notice many use RO filters. Was that as a precaution or did you find your water was killing your plants? There are so many different filters and they all have their purpose but an RO system seems to cost the most up front and to maintain.BTW that same unit is $200 more up here ($719)

I didn't know that an RO system slowed flow that much, I notice many use RO filters. Was that as a precaution or did you find your water was killing your plants? There are so many different filters and they all have their purpose but an RO system seems to cost the most up front and to maintain.BTW that same unit is $200 more up here ($719)

Bro I have a high flow RO system that is advertised at 750GPD Gallons Per Day. My water pressure is at the lower end of what the system is capable of. I'm seeing about 300GPD. If I wanted to spend even more money I could by a pump to increase water pressure thus improving flow close to the rated 750GPD. These smaller $100-$300 are somewhere near 90-100GPD. RO filters drastically reduce and waste water but you get great water for your plants.

My tap water is not capable of sustaining quality plant life.

Forgetting to turnpumps on/off, expensive RO units and replacements filters, changing rez water, sheesh, us small time "dirt" growers have it pretty easy then....lol. I feel like and arse when I spill soil on the ground and dirty the room. Guess with my "induced mental lapses" I should stick to soil. :) Always an eduction to visit here my friend. ^420

Forgetting to turnpumps on/off, expensive RO units and replacements filters, changing rez water, sheesh, us small time "dirt" growers have it pretty easy then....lol. I feel like and arse when I spill soil on the ground and dirty the room. Guess with my "induced mental lapses" I should stick to soil. :) Always an eduction to visit here my friend. ^420

Absolutely hilarious...especially as baked as i am...:rofl::peace:

Thanks for the kind words :)

Some pic updates.

Left side of the tent is 6 weeks 4 days. Right side is 2 weeks.

On the left side I found my pH waaay down at 5.0 not sure how long it was like that as I've gotten sort of lazy in checking since its always right where I thinks its suppose to be. The thing I'm doing different is the Kool Bloom dry vs liquid. I think the dry has a huge effect on pH in the down direction. I've never had to use pH UP in my res now I do. So either the low pH and or the higher PPM of PK as the water level dropped are my suspects.

So some of the plants show a little stress in the upper fan leaves. Surprisingly the Blue Widows look picture perfect. Rocklock and PE were the most sensetive. Nemesis showed very little signs of anything awry.

DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN07741.JPG

DSCN0775.JPG

Blue Widow:
DSCN0770.JPG

PE :

DSCN0771.JPG

Nemesis :

DSCN07721.JPG

RockLock: (this one wasn't really effected)

DSCN07731.JPG

New Mom's Strawberry Blue left and chocolope right

DSCN07603.JPG

Strawberry Blue:

DSCN07611.JPG

Chocolope:

DSCN07621.JPG

PE left and BW right. BW just had clones taken from her today.

DSCN0764.JPG

The new Mom Station. Can comfortably maintain 4 mothers with plenty of vertical space.

DSCN0765.JPG

BW Clones. Cant wait for a full BlueWidow grow. This plant seems to be dense, resilient, and a great taste and high.

DSCN07661.JPG

Vegging BW and PE clones:

DSCN0767.JPG

Nemesis mom:
DSCN0768.JPG

Looking excellant brother. We stopped in on a friend friday night. He has clones of almost all our plants. His Moby Dick & Medical 1024's are almost at 5' and over 4' in diameter. The Strawberry Blue's are the impressive ones. They are at 7' and growing. Look like shrubs for lawn decoration, just amazing. Next weekend we are heading up, I will get some pics to post. Keep em green brother, excellant job!

Very nice.

McB, you always have it wired tight.

Thank you SW!

I love the fat leaves on that strawberryblue! Sweet work McBudz. +reps

yeah man she's making me happy right now. When she's big enough I'll send a clone or 2 of hers through the system to determine if its a herm etc then she'll get her own half of the tent. Cant wait..

Im loving the RockLock.

RL is OK to me. that one pheno in the back does well. Most of seeds from the batch were so what accept for that one that clone came from. Huge colas. Thats the last of the RockLock no more after the harvest in 2 weeks.

Looking excellant brother. We stopped in on a friend friday night. He has clones of almost all our plants. His Moby Dick & Medical 1024's are almost at 5' and over 4' in diameter. The Strawberry Blue's are the impressive ones. They are at 7' and growing. Look like shrubs for lawn decoration, just amazing. Next weekend we are heading up, I will get some pics to post. Keep em green brother, excellant job!

yum, big trees are so awe inspiring. Wish I had the foot print for it. I like what I'm hearing about the SB. Mine is really starting to go from seedling to full on vegging plant. Time to start yoga lessons

You're system is totally rocking McB!

Love the bud shots!

That Nemisis mom is really impressive, how old is she? Those trunks look like a baby elephant!

Waiting to hear what you determine was your PH issue.

Thanks man!
SF

Thanks bud. The Nemesis Mom was grown from seed starting Dec 1st. She was intially Hydro for about 3-4 weeks then I transplanted to soil. Funtimes breaking up the rootball to get the clay balls out and trying to mix the soil into roots. She eventually took right to the soil. She was just trimmed up a couple of weeks ago. Kinda sad throwing about 20 could be clones right in the trash but she needed to be cleaned up. I may never use her again depending on how the Blue Widow goes. From what I've seen of the Nemesis clones from that mom very very frosty but no where near the yield I want. Thsi is based on 2 clones in the left side of my tent. The right side of my tent is entirely cloned from that mom and vegged longer. Once I pull that harvest I'll know for sure if she is worth keeping around. I may try to flower her in soil in the tent or just toss her. May not have the space to flower her out.

As far as my issue, I'm 99.9% sure its due to the new dry kool bloom. First off its def bringing the pH down there is no question there. I need to manage my res better and make sure it stays up.

As far as it making my solution run hot, I need to monitor PPM closer when I fill the res and over the following days as the water level drops. It its going to fuck with my regularly scheduled programming then its out and I'll go back to the more expensive liquid KB.

When you wanna see it done right from start to finish...this is the place.

:welldone:

Thanks MountainHigh :)

Back
Top Bottom