MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts

Re: MK-Ultra Hempy, C02, 1000watts.

Hey Doc, I read somewhere (so I can't say this is correct) that most bad taste and harshness is from growers using nutes with high phosphates, trying to increase yield. Maybe a test is in order to flush some and not flush some. :peace:

Hey Doc, I read somewhere (so I can't say this is correct) that most bad taste and harshness is from growers using nutes with high phosphates, trying to increase yield. Maybe a test is in order to flush some and not flush some. :peace:

I've heard that, and also heard it was from Nitrogen....etc.
I've also heard that a good cure alleviates the problem.

I honestly don't know the answer.

I hate to keep throwing stuff out there,you have probably seen and heard everything I can say. But maybe some day I'll make a good point! :peace:

I appreciate the positive comments, as I consider both of you (Doc and SS) among the most respected growers on this forum. I don't have much experience but feel I have a good grasp on how things go. I certainly enjoy reading your journals, as well as others and learning as much as possible. :peace:

Yes, they could sit in the res. The release of the nutes is constant, regardless of being immersed or merely damp with water.

Well then you should be able to either use the mesh bag trick (in the rest instead of in the pot) or use a different reservoir when you want to flush them.

What about putting the nutes in the bottom of the bucket then putting in a mesh pot like a hydro setup? You could remove the pot and take out the nutes at the end.

My last post doesn't seem very clear. What I'm thinking is; a hempy bucket with the time release nutes in the bottom, then a mesh pot with plant and medium put into the bucket. The whole plant can be lifted out and nutes removed,bucket cleaned and plant put back in to be flushed. :peace:

My last post doesn't seem very clear. What I'm thinking is; a hempy bucket with the time release nutes in the bottom, then a mesh pot with plant and medium put into the bucket. The whole plant can be lifted out and nutes removed,bucket cleaned and plant put back in to be flushed. :peace:

I was gonna put mini hempy buckets in my soil grow but decided against it in favor of not killing my plants trying something new and untried.

But I had a thought for mine that might be helpful....get some of that flexible clear food grade hose and run it down to the bottom of your hempy bucket reservoir and leave a reasonable amount outside the soil. I have a watering can that I can take the rain head off and it fit into my tubing. Figured would be tons easier to flush the hempy bucket if I could force water to the bottom of the bucket and push the old bad water out and then fill it up with nutes again.

This was only way for my plan as I had soil on top and didn't wanna wash a bunch of it into the hempy bucket.

This way of watering will let you control the dampness of the upper perlite better and fill your nutes easier with less waste.

Just a stoner idea :bong:.

:peace:

Sounds like a good way to flush using regular nutes, MH. But Doc is using time release nutes, kinda hard to flush when they keep releasing. I guess they are like a pellet or something that dissolves an releases nutes, I figured putting them in the bottom of the bucket then sitting the mesh pot in would allow the nutes to be delivered until they are no longer needed. At this time you just pull the net pot out and remove remaining pellets, then give straight water and flush. I had one grow, and used hempys. Once you start to use them, it's amazing how simple they really are! :peace:

I was gonna put mini hempy buckets in my soil grow but decided against it in favor of not killing my plants trying something new and untried.

But I had a thought for mine that might be helpful....get some of that flexible clear food grade hose and run it down to the bottom of your hempy bucket reservoir and leave a reasonable amount outside the soil. I have a watering can that I can take the rain head off and it fit into my tubing. Figured would be tons easier to flush the hempy bucket if I could force water to the bottom of the bucket and push the old bad water out and then fill it up with nutes again.

This was only way for my plan as I had soil on top and didn't wanna wash a bunch of it into the hempy bucket.

This way of watering will let you control the dampness of the upper perlite better and fill your nutes easier with less waste.

Just a stoner idea :bong:.

:peace:

You can do all that. It will probably work. Or....you can just leave it the way it is....and it works. It's an individual thing.

As far as waste goes....hempy's are very thrifty compared to flood and drain, DWC, Aeroponics, etc. Drain to waste is by far the least wasteful method of growing, other than soil.

Think about it....change out and top off a 25 gallon reservoir weekly, or waste a single gallon weekly by runoff from the hempy bucket.

The idea was putting them in a bag so they could be removed from the equation in the event of a flush. Putting the bag in the bucket provides no way to pull the bag to do a flush so I suggested putting the bag into the res instead.

The res I was referring to is the one you mix up your nutrients in.

Hempys don't employ an actual res, the bucket has a hole about 2in. up from the bottom and that acts as a res. You just water the bucket like you would with soil, until you get runoff then the water that is below the hole acts as a res. :peace:

When talking about Hempy buckets, the term "res" confuses folks sometimes. I think slimm is thinking external reservoir, when the "res" we're referring to is just the space below the hole we drill 2" up from the bottom of a bucket.

There's no external res, just a bucket with a hole 2" up from bottom, and hydro medium or soil-less mix of your choice.

BTW doc, Higromite sounds like an interesting medium.

OH....that's different.

Are you suggesting dipping on pot inside another for watering? I'm not sure I follow.

Doc you came up with the idea of putting the bags in the growing pots. I am suggesting that you put the bags in the bucket you normally mix your nutrients in and let it leach out there. When you want to flush use a different bucket to water from. I'm just brainstorming on your stated desire to use of time release nutes with hempies while providing a way to flush or change the inputs.

Hempys don't employ an actual res, the bucket has a hole about 2in. up from the bottom and that acts as a res. You just water the bucket like you would with soil, until you get runoff then the water that is below the hole acts as a res. :peace:

Thanks for the explanation 420warrior, I understand how hempy bucket work - I am growing with them now.

Back
Top Bottom