Mono Goes Outdoors - Summer 2015

Aye bud, might as well go for monsters. That way if we get lucky with the weather then we should get a decent harvest. Think positive lol :)

How was the quality of produce from your outdoor grows MedFarmer?

Positive thinkin all the way! I think we need to hope for a (relatively) mild autumn and it should be all good.

I run my own landscaping business so get to talk to a lot of keen gardeners. Seems like the plants should be able to take a few nights below freezing so long as it gradually gets colder. Those sudden cold snaps are the killer...

Another look at the outdoor girls. They are certainly enjoying the warm weather we are getting at the moment :)

I really need to put something in for size comparison. They are just over 1m tall and the same wide :):)

Critical Hog
IMG_20150703_172934_hdr.jpg

Aye bud, might as well go for monsters. That way if we get lucky with the weather then we should get a decent harvest. Think positive lol :)

How was the quality of produce from your outdoor grows MedFarmer?

The White Kush was especially potent and had many a hard smoker on their backside. So outdoors does work but where I am it needs to be in pots and not the ground.

Dusted off my old grow bible this afternoon and had a read. Seems like plants put outdoors too early struggle through the rest of their short lives and are quickly over taken by ones put out later.

That's an interesting point :thumb:

Seems like plants put outdoors too early struggle through the rest of their short lives and are quickly over taken by ones put out later.

That's what happening to my ones.....the ones that went out early May did very little until recently and the ones that have been out for a couple of weeks have either already grown bigger or look like they will very soon.

At the moment I'm trying to give autos a good start indoors and putting them out when they get a few sets of leaves and start picking up the pace. In a week or so I'll hopefully have more autos to go out and will do side by side pics of ones that were sprouted at the same time but went outside earlier so we can see what, if any, difference that makes. I'm just trying a bunch of stuff to see if anything works well enough to persevere with......have so much space to grow in outside and so little inside it would be silly not to at least try :)

That's what happening to my ones.....the ones that went out early May did very little until recently and the ones that have been out for a couple of weeks have either already grown bigger or look like they will very soon.

At the moment I'm trying to give autos a good start indoors and putting them out when they get a few sets of leaves and start picking up the pace. In a week or so I'll hopefully have more autos to go out and will do side by side pics of ones that were sprouted at the same time but went outside earlier so we can see what, if any, difference that makes. I'm just trying a bunch of stuff to see if anything works well enough to persevere with......have so much space to grow in outside and so little inside it would be silly not to at least try :)

Sounds like a good plan bud. Never know, you might hit the formula that works for outdoors in Scotland :) Make sure you share the secret though ;)

I wonder how well your autos you put out early will do, they can be a pain at the best of times lol

So I've got loads of space left in the poly tunnel. Mrs Mono was kind enough to allow me four beds for the cannabis plants.

So far I have used three.

I have loads of 'afghani' regular seeds that came free from herbies. Contemplating putting three or four in the remaining bed to see what comes of them.

Had a go with them indoors but couldn't get them to flower well. They are seriously sativa dominant so their fluffy buds might fare better in the damp Autumn weather than the 100% indicas that are currently there.

What do you guys think?

So I've got loads of space left in the poly tunnel. Mrs Mono was kind enough to allow me four beds for the cannabis plants.

So far I have used three.

I have loads of 'afghani' regular seeds that came free from herbies. Contemplating putting three or four in the remaining bed to see what comes of them.

Had a go with them indoors but couldn't get them to flower well. They are seriously sativa dominant so their fluffy buds might fare better in the damp Autumn weather than the 100% indicas that are currently there.

What do you guys think?

If you check out TheNuttyProfessor's Summer Holiday grow:

Skunk Haze & Afghani on a Summer Holiday - Guerilla Style

He is using the same seeds 'afghani' that I donated to him. That's why they are on holiday in another country lol.

Back
Top Bottom