Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

There's definitely issues to be resolved. I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose these cuts too and if I do, I'll try again a few weeks into flower, but at the moment I'm thinking the heat mat isn't heating 2 gallons enough, so I may need to drain about a half gallon to see. Also, the water level may be too close to the stems. Whatever the case, I'm not looking to continually kill my harvest by taking clones everyday till I get a few to root.

I still have another cherry bomb, an OG Kush, 2 power flowers and 2 GDP Purple Dreams that are steadily moving along that will comprise of my 2nd wave. I even appreciate the size difference between all those cuts as it looks like they are training themselves to fit right into a perpetual grow.

IMG_20141209_072524_376.jpg
IMG_20141209_072536_696.jpg

yes I think for 2 gallons you may need a small aquarium heater,my heating pad will not warm that much water,In the summer it seems ok,but cold water is slowing my cuttings also,

its all about the experiment:cheesygrinsmiley:

those little ones are staged perfect for a perpetual.

looking good skybound! are using a main res underneath and then just top feeding - are you feeding to waste or recirculating?

looking good skybound! are using a main res underneath and then just top feeding - are you feeding to waste or recirculating?

I recirculate everything over 1 gallon and drain to waste anything under 1 gallon. When I rebuild a veg box and move the clones and cuttings there, I will keep the clones on 300 PPM, but put them to a recirculating system (3 gallons) so I don't have to feed them each day.

I recirculate everything over 1 gallon and drain to waste anything under 1 gallon. When I rebuild a veg box and move the clones and cuttings there, I will keep the clones on 300 PPM, but put them to a recirculating system (3 gallons) so I don't have to feed them each day.

ahhhhh i see - makes sense as i doubt there is much PH swing and nute drinking so early in growth..... ill place that little bit of knowledge in my head - thank you

Actually, keeping the ph in the gallon day to day is the biggest challenge. At least in the recirc I have all the nutes, plus what's collected in the media and the media itself that helps the res stay on point, but in the gal jug, it holds near 5.8 for just about an hour or so then shoots up to just below neutral.

I upgraded my res from a 5 gal bucket to a 10 gal tote with 7 gal of nutes. I noticed that even though that little 160 GPH pump was getting nutes to all 4 sites, the angle of the flood table made it very difficult to get any water to the plants that were elevated more, so I tried a 185GPH and had almost no improvement. My next size was a 550 GPH which I am currently using. Only drawback is that it was pulling too much out of the bucket at one time and the water level in the bucket was just about the pump's midway point so it was only half submerged. I feared this might damage my pump, so the bigger res was needed. I still need to get a shutoff valve from the hydro store to be used on the downhill side to limit the flow which will force more nutes up stream and drench all 4 pots equally.

My budget is still looking good to start flower by the 19th, but I'm going to do my best to have the veg box built by the 17th so I can start flower with unfetteron on the 17th.

My res is as follows;
Transition, 7 gallons RO in 10 gallon tote
Armor Si - 1.5ml/Gal
CALiMAGic - 3ml/Gal
Flora Blend - None
HydroGuard - 2ml/Gal <-Thanks GodAm4Twizzle
Flora Gro - 3ml/Gal
Flora Micro - 3ml/Gal
Flora Bloom - 3ml/Gal
PH Down - 2ml total
PPM - 620, PH 6.0

Even though it is not needed, I still opt to aerate with an air stone as this keeps things mixed and also adds some dissolved O2 to the water. I will video update when I start flower next week.

Hey Skybound, I can hold off till the 19th 2 days ain't a big deal. I gotta get my carbon scrubber going. I can smell weed as soon as I open my front door. Smells skunky with a fall forest tint! Stinks so good! Every time I handle the plants I end up sniffing my fingers like the chick off Superstar! :loopy:

Thanks for the breathing room Uf, but I still want to challenge myself to make it all happen on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest and of course Friday at the absolute latest. The sooner the better b/c it's getting kinda dry out here and I need some stock for my pipe.

Tomorrow I am planning to buy materials and build 2 flower room in the attic. The plan is to through down some linoleum and build a long wall parallel to and 5' off the inner dividing wall. Then I am thinking a flower room dividing wall of adequate thickness to support a light block and air exchange between rooms. This wall will be permanently located in the center, and off each side if the ducted wall I am thinking to build a floating wall that will enable me to literally adjust the width of each room as more light is added (after I upgrade the power service). So each room will have 2 permanent dimensions of 5' x 8', and with a floating wall I can start with 5', but later easily extend it out to about 12' when I run out of room. There are 25' total of length and my dream while here is to use every bit of it. That's just a budgeting issue, but will hopefully soon be in the past.

I will shoot some pics and a video of the new room with a single plant ready to take on the world as soon as I can.

When building for these circumstances, keeping it square is of minimal importance except for door frames. I am just shooting for a light tight grow space to flower in. My attic is already mostly framed out specifically for this so slapping something quick together will work just fine. I'll take some quick videos and stitch them together with hopes of depicting that with some decent tools, everyone of us can fabricate our own needs when budget permits.

Dude, I wish you lived closer, because I also have about a dozen 2x4's here that the landlord gave to me a while back because I did some work for him.. I am putting them in storage, but if you lived closer, I'd give them to you!!

How are the plants looking so far??

Free lumber? I'd jump all over that, but studs are relatively cheap so I'll survive that loss. BTW, I started using that Hydroguard in my res @ 2ml/gal. Me hopes to keep the Benny Beat Down in full effect every day and the Benny Bazooka Blast once a week with the tea.

All plants are looking great! So much so that I'm very eager to get 1 out of there ASAP and into flower b/c there's no longer enough room for the 4 on the flood table. The flower rooms aren't coming along as quickly as I'd hoped, but I still think I can finish enough tomorrow to conceal the light and hopefully heat the joint some. Once a room is complete (if before 6PM) I will put my best plant into flower which happens to be the most sativa showing one. For the most part, all 4 canopies are better than 2' in diameter and almost that tall. The silica really has most branches very pliable and somewhat flimsy, but they are still pretty thick so I'm not concerned at all. I want to get my ??Power Flower good and stretched out which should be easy, then I will tie down the main branches that will carry the most weight. This should make for the best position when dropping a scrog net down.

Here's some pics; The main wall will be 20' in length and 5' off the house wall. This 20' will get divided into 2 section right at the 10' mark. Each side loses a few inches due to wall thickness, but the 5' width will always be true. I laid down some studs to give a better idea of what the end will consist of.

IMG_20141218_134651_821.jpg
IMG_20141218_140158_458.jpg
IMG_20141218_141019_426.jpg
IMG_20141218_145305_973.jpg
IMG_20141218_145318_459.jpg

This is my 5' level that I constructed out of 5 linear feet of 2x3 (a 4' piece with a 1' piece scabbed on) and a torpedo level that came free with my TV wall mount. I used this to locate on the angled part of the ceiling where 5' off the house wall is located? You have to out smart old buildings sometimes!
IMG_20141218_150447_249.jpg
IMG_20141218_152607_945.jpg
IMG_20141218_152620_612.jpg
IMG_20141218_152711_798.jpg
IMG_20141218_152719_196.jpg

Due to the angle of the stud screwed to the ceiling, my 5' line had to be transposed with that handy torpedo level (w/o the 5' stud) by crossing the tangency (drafting term) and holding the torpedo so it was perfectly perpendicular to the earth. This then showed me where I needed to terminate my vertical studs so my wall still hold to 5'.
IMG_20141218_153730_860.jpg
IMG_20141218_153751_051.jpg
IMG_20141218_195333_954.jpg

Building something in a tight time table while cruising around in outer space is not the best of ideas. With that said, after I was half through building the wall, I realized that I mistakenly pinned my back wall right to the house wall which would have taken needed walk space to access the opposing flower room door, so I had to unscrew everything (this is why I don't use nails) and correct the mistake. Low and behold, all of the studs (on every other rafter) all of a sudden landed right at 2' intervals which will make the rest of the build SOOOO much easier as I have solid surfaces to attach my wall to, not to mention I can break my vertical wall studs onto the joining of one floor stud (and ceiling studs) and screw them together via the vertical. Now when screwing the white hard board to the wall, I won't have to cut much as all boards will terminate right in the middle of my studs.

So even though I have a ways to go yet, I am confident I can enclose it by 6pm tomorrow evening and get a girl into the dark for 6 hours (shortening her last veg day to 12 on). I need to do this b/c I need to burn the HPS at night time for the first 2 weeks of flower, then later add in another day time HPS with another plant in the opposing room. I figure sending in a large plant 2 weeks apart will start me off with a nice yield that should only get bigger with repeating harvests. After all 4 are loaded into flower, hopefully 2 weeks later I can have a harvest, but it is possible that b/c I am starting with a sativa dom, I might end up skipping that first window and harvesting 2 an additional 2 weeks later, but we'll see. I need AG to calculate predicted harvest times as he's grown both strains at least once, but I suspect multiple times.

Here :joint: Take a smoke break on me Sky...

Here's the first video I shot before the build. Might help to better comprehend what I can use to flower.

Dude that space is going to be fat! I wish my room was cleaned out like that... Trying to do anything with your plants in the room not to mention all the other BS I need to get out of there is a pain in the ASS! I turned the lights on early today and stopped the 12/12 till Friday night. I got panda film across the room but couldn't find my damn zipper. Hopefully I find it tomorrow. I still need to make intake and exaust boxes. I don't have the crap to use my 4in blowers so I'm going to box up the Box fan in some rigid insulation board for exaust and passive intake.

IMG_20141219_082146_361.jpg
IMG_20141219_082236_688.jpg
IMG_20141219_082132_766.jpg
IMG_20141219_082429_588.jpg

looks good man,I have to come back for the video

watch that flooring,a little water and it is slick as snot in my room,very nice to clean and make waterproof and when new,it has a "smell" to it the plants dont seem to enjoy for a while,not sure what it is.

hurry up with the auto system man,i need one by next year:cheesygrinsmiley:

Bad news on my build and good news on the automation. Some guests keep showing up and I will not construct/build while anyone is here so I'm pretty much on pause till Monday, but I helped a buddy out for a day and a half and got paid handsomely so I was able to catch up on many things including my automation goals. I ordered a long shot of Cat5E ethernet cable, a passive POE injector and some temp/humidity sensors. I am also looking to pick up some relays to manage my lights and some other equipment, and hopefully via my cell phone. If I can get that working anytime soon I'll be a happy camper. I was shown ANOTHER JOURNAL where the grower already has a lot of this stuff in play and I invited him to my blog, but if he wishes to keep the talk on his journal, I'm game to learn anywhere! I think next year is very achievable on that tip.

Back
Top Bottom