Multiple LED's running off the same plug question

My next home is going to have a 200 amp main panel and the basement/grow room is going to have its own 100 amp sub panel
You know that's over 22Kw don't you? That's enough for a small commercial grow op. My entire home runs on only a 60 Amp service.

I run these, there great, run of 13A fuses, iv ran 4 600w hps lights for 6 months none stop and never once tripped.

Might help, might not but if they do get over powered ect the box just trips rather than trip the full house or worse.

FWIW

If your grow room plugs are connected to the same circuit, you only need 1 gfci device to protect the entire circuit. It has to be installed on the outlet closest to the panel - ie first in the circuit.

Another option, if you can get at the wiring, is to upgrade to 12 gauge wire, and use 20 amp breakers.

I had my head in the veg tent a moment ago when the humidifier kicked on and i saw the LED flicker or dim i'm not sure what the word would be, and i couldn't tell if it just dimmed for a split second or if it will be dimmed a tiny amount every time the humidifier is running.

It got me thinking about my flower tent. I have 4 LEDs running from 1 plug in. I'm wondering if they might be running lower because of this. I've pretty much convinced myself to run 2 from one plug and plug 2 into another outlet, not only that, i'll plug it in to a power source from an completely different power supply or breaker whatever you call it lol.

anyone know if this is a thing? as far as i know actual watts coming from the one outlet is around 950.
Yes i would move to diffrent power point u can try starging things to not pull start draw power to maybe overload if leads or plug is getting warm fix you dont want a fire and lose more than just your grow most things will have a power usage amount but rember when starting they can draw up to 3 times for a second

when starting they can draw up to 3 times for a second

The HLG-240C LED driver series draws about 1.5 Amps when running on 240V. It's maximum inrush current is 75Amps, or 50 times its running current. The inrush current drops off very rapidly, taking less than 1/2 second at full load, down to its running current. It's only the first few cycles that it's above 1-1/2 times its running current. This is not abnormal. Your TVs do the same thing.

The HLG-240C LED driver series draws about 1.5 Amps when running on 240V. It's maximum inrush current is 75Amps, or 50 times its running current. The inrush current drops off very rapidly, taking less than 1/2 second at full load, down to its running current. It's only the first few cycles that it's above 1-1/2 times its running current. This is not abnormal. Your TVs do the same thing.
Thanks for that info allways good to know i new it was higher at start up and as you say drops very quickly allways good to let people know about this as its a safty thing as well i run high hps lights and a/c and with asorted fans and filters you do have to be carefull what u plug in were can be a pain lol i love sheds with 3phase power

Yea, what he said :hookah:

you can run power bars with an internal breaker as well. i do this on every set up that does not have it's own dedicated circuit. my veg / clone room is set up this way. the local breaker trips well before the main breaker at the box will.

my flower room was built with a dedicated circuit.

have been a part of larger grows as well. on those we ran a dedicated 50 or 100 amp circuit and built distro boxes with separate breakers for the room itself. the breaker on the local distro would trip long before the main breaker. similar idea as the gfi, but on a much larger scale.

Yes i would move to diffrent power point u can try starging things to not pull start draw power to maybe overload if leads or plug is getting warm fix you dont want a fire and lose more than just your grow most things will have a power usage amount but rember when starting they can draw up to 3 times for a second

i guess the good thing is i'm usually at the door waiting to hear the lights come on lol.

You know that's over 22Kw don't you? That's enough for a small commercial grow op. My entire home runs on only a 60 Amp service.
Yes sir I’m aware, the garage will have its own 200 amp panel as well for a couple automotive lifts and air compressors for working at home.. I’d rather build overboard and know I’m not going to be taxing the system too much.. seen a panel main bar burn in our old shop cause the panel was too small for the equipment that was on it, not going to be dealing with that in my home, I plan on drawing 6-10kw in total by the time my room is where I want it be, but I’d rather have it capable of going larger if I chose to in the future, or if it becomes legal on a federal scale... :hmmmm::lot-o-toke:

I couldn't afford the power bill. It would run up to $1200 / month at $0.15 / Kwh :rofl:
While we’re at .08 a kw, I still wouldn’t use the entire panels worth of power, I overbuild for caution sake, for the extra $50-100 when building to put the bigger panel, it’s not worth the hassle upgrading it later if needed

Back
Top Bottom