My First Grow, Bag Seed, CFL Mini Box

420-magazine-mobile1826150148.jpg

I think I know what this is .
I'll be assembling this new tent later tonight. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:bravo: :high-five: :thumb: :popcorn:

So I finally got the kids in bed and answered all there questions about my tent. "Can we sleep in it?" My son asks. 'Hell no you can't sleep in it.' I thought to myself. It's pretty legit, especially compared to my homemade box. My wife's gonna be pissed when she gets home lol. A bit larger than I thought at 32"x32"x63" but that's what I was kinda going for. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. It's a huge upgrade and I'm extremely happy. Keep it green buds! This is the comparison.
420-magazine-mobile548849150.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1485102104.jpg

So I finally got the kids in bed and answered all there questions about my tent. "Can we sleep in it?" My son asks. 'Hell no you can't sleep in it.' I thought to myself. It's pretty legit, especially compared to my homemade box. My wife's gonna be pissed when she gets home lol. A bit larger than I thought at 32"x32"x63" but that's what I was kinda going for. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. It's a huge upgrade and I'm extremely happy. Keep it green buds! This is the comparison.
420-magazine-mobile548849150.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1485102104.jpg

"Can we sleep in it " XD

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Can we sleep in it.......:rofl:

Before I built my cab my 10 yr old heard me say to my wife that I should just get a tent......fifteen minutes later he come out of his room with his Boyscout tent and said "i didnt need to buy a tent I could just use his......daddy, when are we going camping?????? LOL

I love my kids :love:

Awesome upgrade

A quick update. I germinated 8 seeds with hopes that I can get a lady this time around. So far the first 3 that I started in pots are a little over a week old. One of the 3 is a runt but she's coming along. The other 5, I used the paper towel method on a heating pad. I put them in pots yesterday and just waiting for sprouts. Got some more goodies for the setup as well. ThermPro Digital hygrometer, 8.5" heat lamp, and a Hydrofarm programmable timer.
420-magazine-mobile1885843715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1192443697.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1237245347.jpg

So it's looking like I might have 5 plants on my hands out of 5 paper towel germs and 3 seeds started straight into small pots. The 3rd one from the pots (which sprouted about 4 days later than the other 2) was a runt with fucked up leaves. I decided to leave it and see if it could survive. So far so good. Transplanted the first 2 a couple of days ago since the first set of leaves were reaching the edges of the pots. I also placed my window fan inside of my tent with hopes to reduce noise and increase air flow. It reduced the noise but the temp inside the tent is about the same. Around 75-80 with the lights on. Not hot but still not as effecient as I originally hoped. Oh well, eventually I'll invest in a REAL exhaust system.
420-magazine-mobile304076997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1289909417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1533711963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1365428357.jpg

I don't know if any of you have a 99c only store near you ( mostly west coast) but if you do, I highly recommend that you raid that shit asap. Some $1 goodies and pics of my babies
420-magazine-mobile1518777039.jpg
420-magazine-mobile896331255.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1283662348.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1050869342.jpg

Hi
It looks good in there :)
I loved the stories on the children wanted camping/sleeping in the tent. :rofl:
My kids loved watching the plants grow with me. Helping and feeding. Of course they are told to not talk about it outside of the house.

I can't believe how fast these girls are growing. This is day 10 from sprout. Whatever I'm doing they likey. I'm not sure on the strain though. These have significantly fatter leaves than my firt 2 plants. All of my seeds have come from my dad who grows some pretty skunky stuff indoors and outdoors. So I'm not sure which seeds (outdoor or indoor) actually sprouted. Any thoughts on if these plants could be indica or sativa? Here is a comparison from my first plants to the most recent ones.
420-magazine-mobile1973394436.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097613655.jpg
420-magazine-mobile20008443.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1056620811.jpg

I was just taking a peak at the girls and I've been concerned with this one leaf on this particular from the get go. You can see the deformed leaf in the pic above but here is a closer view. I never ran into this with my first grow of course so any input would be great. I've also noticed small nats in my tent. Not a lot, maybe 2 or 3 so I hung some fly ribbon with hopes to combat them.
420-magazine-mobile1127826083.jpg

Any other ideas besides the fly ribbon? I haven't caught any yet

I used the fly ribbons after I couldn't find any dam yellow cards at any local shops. And after laying duct tape down on the soil, sticky side up, ( this worked pretty good but they just kept coming. With fly ribbon, mosquito dunks ( stuff you put in ponds and what not) I would break them up and shove them in the drainage holes where the larva mainly were because that was the least place to get dried out, this all finally got them under control, I still have the two fly ribbons hanging completely covered with thousands of gnats as a reminder to any other fuckers on my next grow.

I just read the other day someone using peroxide mixed with water to control their gnat problem, and come to think about it, my problem is with fungus gnats, not regular gnats. Smaller, black, gnats that I read prefer organic matter .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used the fly ribbons after I couldn't find any dam yellow cards at any local shops. And after laying duct tape down on the soil, sticky side up, ( this worked pretty good but they just kept coming. With fly ribbon, mosquito dunks ( stuff you put in ponds and what not) I would break them up and shove them in the drainage holes where the larva mainly were because that was the least place to get dried out, this all finally got them under control, I still have the two fly ribbons hanging completely covered with thousands of gnats as a reminder to any other fuckers on my next grow.

I just read the other day someone using peroxide mixed with water to control their gnat problem, and come to think about it, my problem is with fungus gnats, not regular gnats. Smaller, black, gnats that I read prefer organic matter .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had a few early in my grow, was told to use peroxide, now I water every 3rd watering with 1/3 cup peroxide added per gallon of water...no more gnats :thumb:

This works well for the Guh-nats!
I'm not a pesticide guy. I just use the "let it dry and add 3% H2O2" method but if they get out of hand. This works well.
853493a5a85b2f45d8be031ed8f1801d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for all rhe great info guys! I'm hoping to to see a few of those fuckers on the ribbon when I get home from work. "Guh-nats" truly suck lol. I was wondering if there was a g in gnat.

Thanks for all rhe great info guys! I'm hoping to to see a few of those fuckers on the ribbon when I get home from work. "Guh-nats" truly suck lol. I was wondering if there was a g in gnat.

Yes....G in gnat :bong:

:circle-of-love:

I let the soil dry about an inch on my two larger babies. On my first grow with my mini box I took the plants out a lot to water them...these I always water inside of the tent...just being lazy because the space is so much larger. Tonight they are ready to water and I'm going to spend a little quality time with them. Hopefully some of the gnats will escape into the rest of my pad instead of the tent.
420-magazine-mobile1934870626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom