My Tutt Style Training: Quick Guide!

I'm not quite getting your goals here.

First off looked like you were training a living Thai Stick.
Then it seems you were creating a Christmas Tree cone of crushed and twisted stalks.
Then it seems you flattened up the structure to a flying saucer shape.
And finally your billed up lower branches formed a ring of mighty colas around a pyramid of bigger than popcorn.

No arguing with the results, but I'm curious about your goals and daily objectives.

In case I'm too general above, let me ask a specific:

Which do you think is more important, the bending or the shape?

Radogast :) Ok firstly lol. This girl was a cock up for me! Even if she was last years plant of the year!! The style of training was the same as used on my BV that got me my start at POTM here and made me stick about.
I got greedy on this girl and thought I could push the style further so I gave her an extra couple of nodes. This is simply why she was the way she was lol.
Here is the BV (same training) :) :)
20130715_162238.jpg
20130715_162628.jpg
20130731_160043.jpg

Hey man,
Awesome little thread!
I kinda see what Radogast was saying. When reading through i was struggling to see how the plant was going to take its shape and was very pleasantly surprised when i saw your even canopy and heads o plenty.
Seeing all that wiring made me cringe at the work you must have put into that BEAST! What is your take on super-cropping? It is my main method in the beginning; through laziness of not wanting to tie down! It just seems so quick and easy to crush the stems and watch her knot it up and carry on going. I do often wonder whether is has detrimental effect on my veg time though.

Thanks for sharing - i'm finding your posts most informative! All i found myself repeating when i saw this was "This guy knows his shit" lol

Peace
Opti

Many thanks for your kind words :) This style was just my opening gambit as it were. It really was time consuming, yet this was ideal as it got me close and personal with my girl! This gave me a great perspective into this wondrous plant of ours. This again all led onto my Fluxing styles, which have become a.massive hit around 420! :)
Super cropping is a tool I use every now and again. It does do good things if used correctly. I'll be doing it to one of my Gorilla Glue girls soon, on my sponsored thread. I don't personally count times and delays cost by training, if it's beneficial it gets done and stuff any delay :)
Anyway glad you're liking my work and hope some stuff is useful :) check my other links you might like the backbuilding tech!

I'm still a little new so forgive me if I seem stupid but ok I'm not quite sure what was going on maybe it was the terms I'm not familiar with but it seems really good. Is this a good technique for limited space? And how tall was it before harvest?

Hi Guts, ok where to start lol. This style of training is quite involved. Its really good in my opinion to get up close and personal to your plant and gives you a great understanding of MJ. Its a style that I took beyond where I should have this run. Giving it to many limbs, by topping a little higher than I would normally
My space was very limited, so I trained her really hard. She was from top of pot to top tip of plant only about a foot tall! :) You could get similar results through scrogging. Yet this style means you can pull your plant out and get 360 degree access.

To be honest I've now moved on to Fluxing, which is an easier less work intensive style of mine. :) either way If you decide to ever give any of my training styles a go, ill be here and gladly help and guide wherever I can! :)
Check the quick guide to fluxing! :)

Ok I checked it out. I'm a tad slow but I think I understand it. The reason I asked is because I initially was going to make a stealth speaker box but the pc case kinda feel in my hands for free so I made use of it and I wanted to know some good low grow training technique or something. That Flux is awesome but idk if I will have space, I may is an older case so it's pretty big for a pc case. Or should I just tie the leaves towards the edges if the pots?

Groovy Bud, if you're reading this, you found the method of growing & the journal/tutorial I recommend.
Good luck & hit me up when ya get going.

Hey LA, morning bro. Need to borrow your journal...:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom