New To 420 Magazine, Hi!

BigNug

420 Member
Hey. I'm new to this forum. I'm an indoor grower from New Zealand. Ive only done a few grows over the past 15years, with little success, but I seem to have it together now and am weeks away from my first real harvest.

Thanks for having me!

W1.jpg

W8.jpg

V1.jpg

16179621602863858622487267604902.jpg

Hey. I'm new to this forum. I'm an indoor grower from New Zealand. Ive only done a few grows over the past 15years, with little success, but I seem to have it together now and am weeks away from my first real harvest.
Hey welcome 42o! As Vet said there are a few NZer's here. Your current crop is looking good, hopefully you'll be pleased with that, what strains are you growing? I am a local but I have no experience of indoor growing but plenty here do!

Hey welcome 42o! As Vet said there are a few NZer's here. Your current crop is looking good, hopefully you'll be pleased with that. I am a local but I have no experience of indoor growing but plenty here do!
Cool bro, nice to know there are other kiwis I can reach out to! I'm interested to growing a few outdoor plants next year but I dont think Wellington is the best spot for it so I'll have to work that one out.

Nice to meet you mate. And yes, of I pull an ounce or two per plant I'll be stoked, so it looks like I'm on track for that fingers crossed!

Thanks for having me!

W1.jpg

W8.jpg

V1.jpg

16179621602863858622487267604902.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine, :welcome: Your girls look beautiful.

I'm interested to growing a few outdoor plants next year but I dont think Wellington is the best spot for it so I'll have to work that one out.
You should have no problem growing in Wellington outside, as long as you can do so stealthily enough. I grow outdoors on a balcony and only from 2pm do my plants get full sun (if it's out) but I still manage to get some pretty decent bud.

You should have no problem growing in Wellington outside, as long as you can do so stealthily enough. I grow outdoors on a balcony and only from 2pm do my plants get full sun (if it's out) but I still manage to get some pretty decent bud.
Do you start yours indoors or plant seeds directly outdoors? I dont have anywhere stealth on my property, I'm right in the city with no privacy in my yard, but there are some hillsides near me that get good sun... I'll have to look into this more because I actually prefer outdoor smoke. Good timing harvest wise I suppose!

Welcome to 420magazine, :welcome: Your girls look beautiful.
Thanks! Appreciate the warm welcome and the compliment re. plants. Let's hope I make it to the end this time. My last grow hermied and almost completely filled with seed. The two before that I was busted by police due to some incredibly bad luck both times. And the one grow I did, 15 years ago, where i made it to the end, i got 15 grams off one plant and it was crap!

Thanks! Appreciate the warm welcome and the compliment re. plants. Let's hope I make it to the end this time. My last grow hermied and almost completely filled with seed. The two before that I was busted by police due to some incredibly bad luck both times. And the one grow I did, 15 years ago, where i made it to the end, i got 15 grams off one plant and it was crap!
I'm so sorry to hear your previous problems.
Your ladies now. How is your light when they are sleeping.
If you let any light get in at night they can hermie on you. So be very careful about that an you should be ok.
GO to the thread journals in progress, start one and we can follow along and help if you need.
Bill

Do you start yours indoors or plant seeds directly outdoors? I dont have anywhere stealth on my property, I'm right in the city with no privacy in my yard, but there are some hillsides near me that get good sun..
I germinate indoors and once the seed shows a tap root I plant it outside. I struggle for stealth too, and accordingly have to restrict the height of my plants to no more than 2 feet, so it is possible to grow outdoors if you train the plants to stay short, if that helps your situation.

I'm so sorry to hear your previous problems.
Your ladies now. How is your light when they are sleeping.
If you let any light get in at night they can hermie on you. So be very careful about that an you should be ok.
GO to the thread journals in progress, start one and we can follow along and help if you need.
Bill
Haha no problem. I haven't had the best luck but I'm a trier. I'm growing inside a good quality tent, that I've checked for light leaks and so far so good. I believe my last grow hermied due to heat issues. I was using a 600w hps in the peak of summer which raised my temps to 34° and I didnt realise the significance of that at the time. Lesson learnt. And hence the led lights I've invested in. This time I dont see any signs of naners or seeds so fingers crossed I get through it. I'm sick of paying $400 per oz and just need this to work!

These pics are my last grow. I got to week 4 of flower and started again.

Z4.jpg

Z6.jpg

Haha no problem. I haven't had the best luck but I'm a trier. I'm growing inside a good quality tent, that I've checked for light leaks and so far so good. I believe my last grow hermied due to heat issues. I was using a 600w hps in the peak of summer which raised my temps to 34° and I didnt realise the significance of that at the time. Lesson learnt. And hence the led lights I've invested in. This time I dont see any signs of naners or seeds so fingers crossed I get through it. I'm sick of paying $400 per oz and just need this to work!

These pics are my last grow. I got to week 4 of flower and started again.

Z4.jpg

Z6.jpg
$400 for a zip. Wow. Holy cow id be growing a ton of pot if I had to pay that much. That's awful. We better make sure you get these girls to the finish line.
Bill

Welcome to the forum @42o :welcome::passitleft:

Haha no problem. I haven't had the best luck but I'm a trier. I'm growing inside a good quality tent, that I've checked for light leaks and so far so good. I believe my last grow hermied due to heat issues. I was using a 600w hps in the peak of summer which raised my temps to 34° and I didnt realise the significance of that at the time. Lesson learnt. And hence the led lights I've invested in.
I use nothing but HIDs at the moment, 2600 watts in 3 tents, all in one room, you just have to figure out the right way to vent them :thumb:

Kiaora cuz
Tena koe. We can help you to do better than a gram a year. You’re in the right place.
Why did you choose 420 magazine to post on? Welcome to your new virtual whare.
There are a couple of other kiwis here. We aren’t all as loud and proud as you about where we live outside of the PMs though. Great town, welly.
I look forward to following along in a journal.
Let’s see some electric puha!
Bring on the meds..

Back
Top Bottom