New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

im in i'll get caught up soon:rocker:

Good to have you here BID, it's an honor to have such prestigious members in my journal. Feel free to speak your mind!

Small harvest update: Yesterday was day 63 which marked the end of week 9. Had some old highschool buddies over last night to watch Pineapple Express and blaze so I decided to chop the lemon Cheesequake and the white elephant, and put those bums to work! :laughtwo:
Lemon cheesequake took up an entire rack, and the white elephant took up a little over half of a rack, so I think I'm still on track for 1000Gs.

Shits looking good man. Congrats on the harvest. 154 of two plants and you're shooting for 1000 off 16? Sounds like you shouldn't have an issue pushing 2000 outta there

Thanks dog! And yes 154 grams for 2 cinex. And I'm shooting for a little over 1000 grams with 18 plants. If I keep my 2 1/2 zip/plant average throughout the crop I can get around 1300 grams total. I appriciate your optimism tho! :high-five:

Good to have you here BID, it's an honor to have such prestigious members in my journal. Feel free to speak your mind!
BBUHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl: me prestigious!? if you mean in the total weed dork nerdboy baby Huey mr. bean kinda prestigious way then hell yeaz im all that and a bag of pork rinds!! ha ha ha *snort* ha !, thank you for the fattery uh um i mean flattery lol
hgood looking run you have going i'll tag along and prob say some really lame jokes and one liners!:rocker:
oh and help if i can if need be :cheesygrinsmiley:

BBUHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl: me prestigious!? if you mean in the total weed dork nerdboy baby Huey mr. bean kinda prestigious way then hell yeaz im all that and a bag of pork rinds!! ha ha ha *snort* ha !, thank you for the fattery uh um i mean flattery lol
hgood looking run you have going i'll tag along and prob say some really lame jokes and one liners!:rocker:
oh and help if i can if need be :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hahaha I was referring to your nug and plant of the month and all that shit. And yes in the weed nerd way, you obviously know what you're doing! Been cruising through your journals and icemuds and a couple others, sorry to hear about your LED troubles on your last journal! And yes I am actually wondering about your drying/curing process? Also I want to do a scrog with my vegging plants. You have any knowledge to pass down on that? Would be greatly appreciated.

Hahaha I was referring to your nug and plant of the month and all that shit. And yes in the weed nerd way, you obviously know what you're doing! Been cruising through your journals and icemuds and a couple others, sorry to hear about your LED troubles on your last journal! And yes I am actually wondering about your drying/curing process? Also I want to do a scrog with my vegging plants. You have any knowledge to pass down on that? Would be greatly appreciated.
well all i did was take pics o what nature did thank you tho i thought they were pretty gorgeous myself :rocker:
drying well i have adopted the bud washing method last year , 3 containers (from bowls to 5 gallon buckets very clean)

then i fill the first 1 with hot water 150-175f and a few table spoons of lemon juice, the second with ice water no colder than 50f and a few table spoons lemon juice the last just room temp distilled water, i dunk and agitate gently in the first 2,in the last i just rinse off the buds and hang to drip dry for an hour, you will be amazed how much junk and muck will be in the water! and the buds will be prettier and the taste will be much better,smoother, no you wont damage the trichs i your gentle and dont linger in the hot or cold very long, i do about 30-45 seconds in hot 15-20sec in cold and 30-60 in room temp i just kinda move them back and forth in the hot thats where the bulk of the work is done the cold is to shock ,stop the blanching of the buds and neutralized the acid of the lemon, the final is to stabilize the temp and rinse the soda off i had huge doubts about this till i tried the end result both washed and not i was amazed at the difference,:rocker: it makes sense to me i dont eat lettuce or broccoli without washing them even if i grew them in my garden i dont want to eat bugs,dust ,skin cells spray residue or bug poop nor do i want to smoke or vape it lol
i learned this rom members docbud and curso

dry in a mesh hanging rack with zippered doors i got from a sponsor perfect gardens.com after 5-7 days i trim the stems away and jar typical burping , thats my method have not known 1 person to not say its amazing tasting hope that helps
beautiful girls btw, is this going on or will you start a new journal
:rocker:

well all i did was take pics o what nature did thank you tho i thought they were pretty gorgeous myself :rocker:
drying well i have adopted the bud washing method last year , 3 containers (from bowls to 5 gallon buckets very clean)

then i fill the first 1 with hot water 150-175f and a few table spoons of lemon juice, the second with ice water no colder than 50f and a few table spoons lemon juice the last just room temp distilled water, i dunk and agitate gently in the first 2,in the last i just rinse off the buds and hang to drip dry for an hour, you will be amazed how much junk and muck will be in the water! and the buds will be prettier and the taste will be much better,smoother, no you wont damage the trichs i your gentle and dont linger in the hot or cold very long, i do about 30-45 seconds in hot 15-20sec in cold and 30-60 in room temp i just kinda move them back and forth in the hot thats where the bulk of the work is done the cold is to shock ,stop the blanching of the buds and neutralized the acid of the lemon, the final is to stabilize the temp and rinse the soda off i had huge doubts about this till i tried the end result both washed and not i was amazed at the difference,:rocker: it makes sense to me i dont eat lettuce or broccoli without washing them even if i grew them in my garden i dont want to eat bugs,dust ,skin cells spray residue or bug poop nor do i want to smoke or vape it lol
i learned this rom members docbud and curso

dry in a mesh hanging rack with zippered doors i got from a sponsor perfect gardens.com after 5-7 days i trim the stems away and jar typical burping , thats my method have not known 1 person to not say its amazing tasting hope that helps
beautiful girls btw, is this going on or will you start a new journal
:rocker:

That seems interesting, and a good idea. Im a little weary about the lemon juice though, does this make everything taste/smell like citrus or is it just a cleaning agent? Do you do this directly after trimming or do you let it dry before you soak em? If you've got any pictures of that id be interested to see that.

I think ill probably just continue the next grow on this journal. I figure since were still on page 4 we can keep this one truckin!

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

Subscribed Keegan420, I'll be around to watch your perpetual grow.

Question: Do you have web feet?

Harvest Update:
Haven't been on here in awhile,hope everybody had a good 4th of July. I've been harvesting my girls over the last couple weeks, still have the dutch treat, white widow, 2x ace of spades, and one blueberry that are still finishing up. I had to toss the grape stomper because it had a spider mite problem that i didn't address until it was too late so i cut my losses to protect the rest of the crop.

Veg Tent: The girls are getting wide! Ive been super cropping a lot and I've had to raise the light a couple times, gonna continue vegging under the flour until i harvest the rest of my flowering tent and then i will move the vegging plants into the flowering room but i will continue veg 18/6 under 1000watt MH for another week or 2. I want to setup a scrog net in the flowering room once they are tall/ wide enough. With my 7ft of tent height, taking into account the 1000watt light above, how high should i setup the scrog netting? Im thinking maybe a foot or so above the pot?

Here are the final weights for the strains i have harvested so far.

White Elephant: 46 grams

Lemon Cheesequake: 52g

Platinum Blackberry Kush: 45g

Raspberry Kush(shitty yeilding pheno, dank buds though): 29.5g

Platinum Girl Scout Cookie(super frosty): 32g

Pineapple Kush: 77g

Blackberry #1: 63g

Blackberry #2: 60g

Blueberry #1: Still drying

Dirty Girl: Still drying

Subscribed Keegan420, I'll be around to watch your perpetual grow.

Question: Do you have web feet?

Sweet pull up a chair. No, i don't have web feet.. Why do you ask? haha

subbed! I like the SCROG method. Check out my grow, I used the SCROg method and about to harvest!

Good to have you here! Just checked it out, only had time to skim through,, I see your growing some Tahoe OG too, tell me how it turns out! But question, how tall is your netting set up? and when did you begin weaving branches through the netting? Veg or flower?. Thanks

Nice harvest Keegan420.
There's so much rain in the NW, they say natives have web feet. (and I do), lol.

End of Grow #2 Update:

So a lot has been going on lately and I haven't been able keep up on the grow as much as Id like. I ended up losing 3 plants this grow from complications. Grape stomper i lost to spider mites, and both of my ace of spades hermied on me, possible light leak because i left a zipper undone right above them and i wasn't home for multiple days before i caught it, only on those plants. I decided to just throw em away cause they didn't look tasty at all. Chopped my last blueberry today and I'm about to chop the dutch treat tonight. This means I'm finally done with my second grow! I really don't want to deal with spider mites again and I've been taking precautionary steps in my veg room. I think one of my problems is that i don't keep the room as clean as I could. I decided to completely sterilize the entire flowering area. I started out by vacuuming the carpet around the tent and cleaned up any trash/clutter that collects over time in the room. Then I unzipped all the doors of the tent, sealed the room and bug bombed it earlier today. After letting it soak for a couple hours I opened a window and turned on my fans to air it out. As a cleaning agent, I created a 4/10th part bleach, 1/10th part simple green, and 4/10th part water mixture and sprayed and wiped down the inside walls, floor, and roof of the tent. I also wiped down the outsides and glass of the hoods.

Final Dry weights for the Dirty Girl - 40G, Blueberry #1 - 53G.

Picture of the top cola on the White Widow. Weighed in at 70.8G wet. Anyone wanna guess what it'll weigh dried and cured? Im guessing 18G

imageedit_3_2976053055.jpg

Drying rack - room temp: 78F, R/H: 48% + small floor fan for circulation.

imageedit_3_2632352594.jpg

After I finish cleaning my flower room I will be transplanting my vegging plants into 5 gal pots. Then I will move them into the 5x10 tent I use for flowering. Like i said before, I'm probably gonna continue veg in the big tent for a couple weeks so I can start filling out the scrog screen I plan to build. Im thinking about just drawing up some dimensions H,W,L and drawing up model, then go to home depot and get supplies. I m thinking PVC would work good, i have some caulking glue i can use to stick it together, then just screw the screen right onto that. Id love to see some of your guys DUY SCROGs

This journal is now being continued as GROW #3

Veg Tent Update, July 18th:

So today marks almost 6 weeks veg for these girls. I know it seems like a lot of time for how little they are but i think i know why. First, the 125w flouro for 15 plants, is simply not enough light. It worked while they were small but now its just a joke. Also, Ive been super cropping and high stress training for about month now off and on and I'm sure that is stressful to the plants. And lastly, I wasn't home for awhile and ended up starving my girls for a couple days, a couple plants wilted but they bounced back 90%, still struggling with a couple, may just get a few fresh clones just in case. The collection of these things has effected the veg tent pretty radically, so I'm definitely gonna need to veg in the 5x10 tent for at least a couple weeks if i want this scrog to work well. The tallest plants are probably around 1 ft. Next update will hopefully be a picture update of my DIY SCROG trellis.

veg_-_july_18th.JPG

5x10 tent being cleaned out and prepped for GROW #3

cleaned_out_5x10.JPG

Back
Top Bottom