New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Update:

So Ive been working on my scrog trellis for a couple days and its finally done.. well at least one of them is. I decided to make 2 5x5 scrog nets, one for each light. I also picked up 3 more clones, 2x The White (parents are unknown genetics and was a cannabis cup winner in 2009) and 1x White Russian (white widow x AK47) because I was told its a great strain to Scrog with and should be a pretty good yielder. This means ill be doing 9 plants per 1000 watt light.

Also, that huge 70 gram top cola from the White widow i posted a few posts back is now dried and curing and weighed in at 21 grams!! :yahoo:

Blueberry #2 is also done drying and weighed in at 38 Grams
Final weight for White widow 74 Grams

So I decided to make the netting 2ft high, and around 57inx57in so that the PVC would fit snuggly against the tent poles on the bottom. I didn't get it short enough the first time but eventually got it just how i wanted it. I started out by going to lowes and picking up 6 x 10ft long 1/2in thick PVC, 8 corner connectors, and 8 middle support T connectors. 4 for the bottom and 4 for the top on all 4 sides and 4 corners. Took about 3 hours with a pvc pipe cutter I have to cut all the pipes to size, and connect them. Then on the top section where the netting is, I drilled 8 screws into the connectors on all 4 corners and 4 side pieces. I used 3.5 Sq. Inch holes nylon netting and stretched it out taunt over the pipes and wrapped the thread around the screw heads to keep it in place.

image-381.jpeg

image-391.jpeg

image-40.jpeg

image-411.jpeg

image-421.jpeg

Now after i finish the second 5x5 trellis it'll be time to transplant the ladies into their final home, 5 gallon buckets, which are 12inches tall so I should be able to start bending some of them over!

KJC, I kno, i kinda did more work than i had to looking back on it, I actually added zip ties in the middle in-between each connector because the netting was so taunt it was stretching inward, so i zip tied it square to the poles so almost every square on the netting was symmetrical. I could have just done that all away around the whole thing. Live and learn!

Update:

Final weight for Dutch Treat:100G!!! :)

By far my best yield by around an ounce. I think that my super cropping and its ability to withstand higher temps around 85F for pretty much the entire grow and its top colas were like 10 or so inches from a 1k light.. Pretty damn resilient from what i know. It smells super dank, classic dutch treat smell, looks, taste. Best pot I've grown so far!

get-attachment1_aspx1.jpg
get-attachment_aspx87.jpg
get-attachment2_aspx1.jpg

Ive had a great yield this grow, and i will be medicated for a long time.. :blunt:

Also got built my second scrog netting a while back. Turned out great and took a lot less time because I knew what I was doing, probably an hour or so. Haven't done the 5 gal transplant yet, waiting for the 3 newest clones to catch up a little.

2nd_scrog_screen_installed.JPG

Update:

Ive been making some changes to the grow lately, had a bit of a heat problem last grow, so bought a 745cfm 8in inline to replace my 435cfm inline. Got it new for 90$! My local grow store kicks ass! I also got a 5k btu window ac that isn't doing as much as i hoped.. but still helping. Had to make something to block the open window since the ac is sitting in it, and a hole for my exhaust so i built this little setup over the weekend. Turned out pretty nice! I Sealed it with foam so its airtight and put a screen over the exhaust hole so bugs won't get in. I also painted the wood on the outside of the window black so it looks like a dark room if you were looking over the fence.. Also picked up some more soil, got 60sq ft of pro-mix- - 35$, Fox farm ocean forest - 17$, happy frog - 20$. Also got a converter flange for a 6in to 8in ducting since my hoods are 6 inchers, and a 25ft of 8in ducting - 19$. I needed a second mh bulb so i can fill out my scrog with both 1Ks for a couple weeks. Had to order in a hortilux regular 1000w mh bulb cause they don't stock them. She said it'll only be 62$! Seems like a deal for a hortilux. Now that i have all the soil I need I can finish up my transplant into 5 gals. Couple weeks more of veg and then the flower party begins!
Also if anyone is wondering how much of each soil I use
Approximate ratio:
Pro-mix - 3 part
fox farm - 1 part
happy frog - 2 part
perlite - 1 part

Seems to be working well for me.. I was curious about some soil amendments i could add, like bat guano, sea kelp, and beneficial bacterias and stuff that I've read about,, but then i realized that happy frog has sea kelp and bacteria, and so does fox farm it has bat guano, and pro mix has mycorrhizae which is fungus I think? But good stuff I think, and perlite for airiness and drainage. Is there anything else that I could add?

imageedit_10_4893938627.jpg
photo_1-8.JPG
exhaust_aspx.jpg

get-attachment1_aspx2.jpg

I would also add vermiculite and mycorrhizae to your soiless mixture.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

looking good keegs grats on the haul nice upgrades too good times! i'll recommend my favorite soil additive AZOMITE its a mineral supplement with 70+ trace minerals if you have good microbe activity you will love it, it improves the vigor and helps combat deficiencies and works magic of flavor and aromas its the 1 amendment i would keep if i could only have 1 i added it that first time after seeing the plants grow so healthy and the incredible boosts to the aroma and flavor burned or vaped i was sold ,wont grow without it :thumb:

KJC, does pro mix not have mycorrhizae in it already? I don't really understand the whole bacteria/fungus thing in soil.. Should probably find a good source and do some studying. Is the promix just the space where the mycorrhizae live and you have to add it to the promix? How do you know how much to use?

BigIrish, I've heard of that stuff, I'll give it a go. Where can I buy it and how much do I use?

Thanks for the great info guys!

Mix some Light Warrior in your mix.It has beneficial microbes to stimulate root growth and enhance fertilizer uptake, humic acid, and earthworm castings

Mix some Light Warrior in your mix.It has beneficial microbes to stimulate root growth and enhance fertilizer uptake, humic acid, and earthworm castings

Hey thanks for stopping by Cofinest! Light warrior I've seen and heard a bunch. Mainly used for early stages of life, no? I'll pick up a bail of that for next grow.

Don't have time to wait for those things to get here because I can't find it local, so I'll just incorporate that into my next veg cycle which will be coming up here soon. Wanna get a good 2 months of veg in before I scrog instead of having to do what I'm doing now and having to wait! I'm really interested in the azamite big Irish, is there a soluble version I could feed with nutrients?

KJC, does pro mix not have mycorrhizae in it already? I don't really understand the whole bacteria/fungus thing in soil.. Should probably find a good source and do some studying. Is the promix just the space where the mycorrhizae live and you have to add it to the promix? How do you know how much to use?

BigIrish, I've heard of that stuff, I'll give it a go. Where can I buy it and how much do I use?

Thanks for the great info guys!

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2 teaspoons per 3-5 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Just ordered like 15 lbs of azomite in powder form. 19$ +free 2 day shipping, gotta love that. I have 3 smaller clones that i haven't transplanted into 5 gals yet and I will add that into their soil mix when time. Wont be able to get the mycorrhizae for a week or more so that'll have to be incorporated into grow #4 that will begin pretty soon. Also plan on attempting my first go at cloning, because i definitely wanna keep the Black '84, xj-13, and The White genetics which is one of the strains I got late and are smaller than the rest, but are catching up fast!

Quick update:

Picked up one more clone today, Grape Dream which is Grape Ape x Blue Dream.

image12404.jpg

I'm really excited about it because I had been looking for blue dream for awhile so atleast I kinda got it. Reason why I got another is because I have one Tahoe og kush that seems to be suffering from too much stress when it was younger. I was doing a little to much to them at first, topping, tying them down and transplanting them too closely together. I think that did it. I'm not sure if it will ever vigorously grow again, so I'm not gonna wait and find out. It was topped super early so she has two beautiful main tops. Thinking about topping them again, but I just switched her to a 1 gal pot so I think I'll wait a day or two and see how fast she bounces back. Decided to use my 435 cfm inline as my air intake which is replacing my little 145cfm ducting booster fan which was enough, but the added intake of cooler air is helping lower the tent a couple degrees.

Update:

Got my Azomite in the mail today! :high-five:

image12489.jpg
image12490.jpg

Im curious, could you just sprinkle some on top of the medium and just water as usual? Or does it have to be mixed in with the soil before transplanting? Its a really fine powder/dust basically.

Here is some iPhone quality bud shots from Grow #2.

get-attach03.jpg

get-attachment8-1-14_aspx.jpg
get-attachment_aspx89.jpg
image12503.jpg

bl8.jpg

get-attachment8-1-14_aspx.jpg
get-attachment_aspx88.jpg

get-attachment_aspx90.jpg
get-attachment_aspx96.jpg
get-attachment_aspx97.jpg

Topped Grape Dream, and fed her some nutrients at half strength along with 2x the white, 1x white russian with same mixture. Lots of new growth on all of them, Im not sure when i should flip the lights to 12/12. Probably at least another 2 weeks.

Picture update for veg tent. Its getting pretty tight in that 5x5 space, gonna turn on my other 1000w light in a couple days and spread them out 3 rows of 6.

2x The white. ones topped, ones not.
the_white2.jpg
thewhite2.jpg

2x the black
theblack_84.jpg

get-attachmentblack84_aspx.jpg

get-attachment_aspx98.jpg
get-attachment4_aspx.jpg

Pineapple express
pineapple_express20.jpg
pineapple_express_top_view.jpg

get-attachment3_aspx1.jpg