Niveks Canuck Kanook: A Perpetual Journey, 2018

Graytail and others have built them to get the sky of light they desire nivek. I think this may be right up your alley. On one of Graytail’s recent pages (in the past week) he posted a reprint of an overview of the many points of light by Icemud, our go-to for light learnin’. I think you’d enjoy that read.

thank you Sue,, i will be delving into graytails and icemud (i think) s post on the quantumly theoretical quantum mechanicaly driven quantum boards

so appreciate your information Sue,, cheers,, see ya round,,

:peace:

ever since i started my little cannabis growing adventure i have kinda looked at myself, least with my involvement with mj, i have looked at myself as a bit of a 'scientist', with a 'labooratoory', because this stuff is science,

well, this year, kinda, in my whole home space, mostly outdoors,, things have grown ,, seemingly exponentially from previous years. lushness abounds

every crop i have sewn has been bursting with juices,, raspberries, blackberries like i have never seen before,, a bunch of other stuff and currently it's the peaches

View media item 888367
a feast of peach without having to go to texas

the point of all this is that i have been harvesting crops right, left and center around here this season and it's got me thinkin about myself a bit differently these days

i'm a farmer, :)

not a scientist :rip:

see,, dutty has the right get up on for the job at hand,,

i think i need a straw hat

:volcano-smiley:

so i woke up this morning ready to rant,,

oh woe is me,, indeed

poor john lennon had blisters on is fingers and i got bugs in my belfry,, and on my plants.

i have these glorious grandiose plans for a new space to work in, no, to farm in and i so want to not have to re infest a brand new farm

i have tolerated spider mites in my fields from the very beginning of this cannabis project. we have never seen eye to eye me and them mites but we agreed to mutually co exist, as long as they know who has the hand that feeds them

well they have outworn their welcome,, aarghh

but this farmer is somewhat eco friendly,, and has a slight reluctance to involve nuclear weaponry but could possibly be persuaded to use anything up to that,, and if i could be guaranteed success,, i might even use nuclear

i spray, as often as able,, mostly with soaps and such,, actually three different chemicals at various times,, and have used some sm90 stuff , i think, maybe sns,, i forget,,,, that slowed em down a bit i think,, but did not end the issue

so i will be experimenting,, maybe with neem oil,, last time i liiked we could not buy that in canada,, maybe amazon can help me there

one point about the way i grow seems to me to be aiding and assisting the mites in their propagation successesess is the fact that my double level spaces are also double plant deep, which makes getting to the creepy dingy dark back corners a bit more difficult for pest control,,

so i been rethinking my new flower room design,, and i will be back to talk about that this aft,,

cheers fer now friends,,

top o the evening mr.Nivek it's quite a journey from South Africa to join you on your trials and tribulations canna wait........

hey, just thot of a joke,,

what does one buy when one goes to the marijuana store?? well, one buys a cannabis and a cannabat,, haha :rolleyes:

smeeg,, heya friend,, your 'canna wait' line was my joke inspiration,, cheers, and welcome

so, as regards my bugs issue,,

i have yet to mention the fact that every once in a while, as in yesterday ,but not for months now, i get a visit from fungus gnats, least their larvae. not i dunna know if canada even lets them gnats into the country, but they show up on my new sprouts , like yesterday.

now i have no idea where these things come from,, if they are in our outside yard at all even

i have a stinkin smelly suspicion that i am somehow importing these buggers into my farm somehow,, in the potting soil, and even perhaps in the worm castings,, perhaps the arrival of the worm castings and the fungus gnats are similar,, tho i think the gnats are an older issue

so the potting soil or the peat moss i use,, perhaps every now and then i water incorporate and water some gnat eggs into my soil mix. i really dunno

i will absolutely confess to having the hygiene of a farmer as well,, not to diss farmers hygene like i just did

my two cats have access to my studio,, many two legged visitors as well

and myself,, well, i truly treat my studio space like a farm far more than i do a labooratoory

so the battle continues,, but no more easy truces,, nope,, i am goin for em

look at the frustration on duttys face,, he is goin fer em too

beware farm cats,, dutty is miffed,, dutty too too

ha,, cool,, can transfer a pic straight from explorer,, what a bonus upgrade,, cheers fer it

so, a critical cheese,, near ready for harvest

P1170247.JPG

i actually was able to remove this plant from the scrog screen in the flower room and took it outside to finish it off. rarely can i remove a whole plant from the screen because the branches get so entangled they need to be cut out

cat hairs are a common occurrence in my buds, but my cats be me buds too, so they stay

the pic above was taken outside this morning,, about as good as my camera can do, pretty good i guess

lookin quite acceptably ready,, but perhaps another week outdoors, tho i wonder what subjecting a plant, which has been on a strict eleven/thirteen schedule for seventy days, subjecting it to 18 hour daylight might just do to the plant,,

i am betting on the extra light to give a boost to it,, i am all in,, for a week perhaps

so,, when i pot a plant to it's final pot,, i attach a sticker,, a piece of duct tape really, to the side of the pot,, with all the pertinent info about this particular plant,

like that there

when th plant is harvested, i remove the sticker and i fill in the harvest date info on the sticker , then i attach it to my flower room door

just something i started doing from near the very start,,

this is the door quite shortly after i started farming the erb. there is a couple of plants i had grown that did not get the sticker treatment but most of the plants did, a sticker in some form or other

and this is the door yesterday,, waiting for that critical cheese sticker

P1170242.JPG

kinda finny,, in a way,, pushing a hundred plants or so i think,, ha

101 with the critical cheese,, ha

fine sunday to all,, cheers

...Afternoon Nivek...if it comes down to it, the Zon' will accomodate with the neem oil...kinda funny(not really) that one can buy all sorts of Monsanto weapons of plant destruction, but not a natural plant based oil...go figger'...

...Conrad was battling mites for some time both hand picking and various sprays...what turned out working after all that was alcohol and water...good ole italian grappa...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

thanks doc,, get em pissed i guess and they fall off??

oh, perhaps not vodka and water, possibly isopropyl alc and water,, hmmmm, interesting,,, i have some

gonna test that out,, cheers

any guess at mix percentages?? too much alc will surely harm ones plants,, testing required indeed

a lemon skunk plant i have planted in a pot outside,, agains every rule and legality, sheesh

a photo plant i chose because i had no auto seeds,, dun runned out

this i chose because it has the shortest flowering time of any plant i have, less than sixty days flowering,, problem is it's also one of the smelliest plants i grow,, sheesh two

in the pic above,, the sky is not cloudy all day,, not at all,, it is smokey,, holey smokey is it smokey

there should be hills and an extinct volcano visible in the background,, oh, and a winery too, big one,, mission hills winery

ok,, gotta go rock the lake this aft,, cheers friends

conradino23 said:

Hmm in my long war against mites I tried a lot of stuff, that worked more or less or it didn't, but I never tried mixing water and alcohol. So today to knock the suckers down right before the harvest I added some grappa to my spray and I treated bottom buds/leaves, where they found their home and guess what? It totally worked! It killed them on contact! I checked with my loupe and they were dead as a doornail! The good thing about it is, that alcohol will evaporate in half an hour leaving no residue, which is as good as it gets :)

Van Stank says...
Yeah I use water and alcohol at a 9:1 ratio to treat the mites in between Neem or spinosad or Azamax treatment. Works great and doesn't stress the plant like the others can.

...so, no mention of the ratio Conrad used, and what Stank uses in conjunction with...I would think it could probably be mixed a little stronger as a first line of defense, but not sure...could depend on the percentage of the alcohol as well...so yeah, some experimentation on lower leafs/buds in the labooratoory would be in order...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

reps hooker,, thx

When I used ISO on the mites it was a straight 50/50 mix like they sell at the dollar stores nivek. That’s strong enough.

I eliminated mites by isolating the plants and spraying with spinosad every three days. I gardened naked in the infected tents during that time and went directly to the shower before I went near any other unaffected plants.

Then when I harvested it was trimming sprayed branches (50/50 ISO) into the bin - inside the tent so as not to drop any eggs - and making FHO with the buds so there’d be no chance of any eggs surviving.

In other words, I practiced strict policies to avoid any cross-contamination. The mites were gone in one cycle and they’ve not returned. It showed me the value of many small tents over one big tent.

Your space is so tight it’s a little more of a challenge nivek, but constant spraying and a hard line on cross-contamination should increase your chances.

I don’t really see you running naked back and forth to garden. :rofl:

Hey... I forgot... gnats come in with the peat moss most of the time. Potting soil is problematic for the same reason.

I don’t really see you running naked back and forth to garden.

I can see you running naked back and forth to garden, Nivek. I mean... actually I can’t see you doing that. But I can imagine you doing that. Not that I would, I mean. Or...I mean - I would do that, but I wouldn’t sit around imagining you doing that. Uhhh.... or something.... :hmmmm: Whoops too late, now I am.

Well... I said my thing about the mites on that alcohol thread you started. A thing I’ve said many times over on this forum.
Though I didn’t know that neem wasn’t available in Canada. That’s weird. I did know that it’s not certified organic here, by the certification people, who take decades to get anything done. Possibly a good thing.
This summer I watched the CNR (Canadian National Railway- which is actually mostly owned by American corporations, because we like things that way here in Canada) douse several hundred miles of railway line right along the riverside with Roundup, slathering all the creek mouths and spawning beds with it, and the fish mouths as well no doubt, turning the entire swath a lovely shade of brown. So safe that even fish can drink it apparently.
The neem based Mite-rid I used to get rid of my mites was ordered from Australia, but you may find some closer. I could send you over some of mine if you like. But it’s been sitting for years and may be well past it’s prime -who knows. Unlike me it may not improve with age. Anyway, it finally ended the great Mite War of 2012, after two years of fighting, and there’s been peace ever since.
And if your backyard is a teeming mass of naked wild mites clamouring to get in, then you probably wouldn’t have the success I did with it.

Interesting picture of the smoke. You’re hardcore. I do think your neighbors might start to complain after a while, with you there blotting out the sun like that.

Interesting picture of the smoke. You’re hardcore. I think your neighbors might start to complain after a while with you there blotting out the sun like that.

:rofl:

sheesh,, how i miss all this??

oh gosh,, cheers friends,,

Sue,, thanks for the alc %ratio,, it was a bit difficult and time consuming for me to nerve meself up enuf to get that strong of a ratio,, but i nearly did,, and it took that much alc content to really kill the dern things,, but it does,, i am pretty convinced of that now,,

i think

:rip:

so iso and water is my new go to for pest control,, it 'absolutely' kills em and there is never to be any resistance to this,, ever

still a lotto work,, but what isnt??

cheers agin Sue

Make it a game. :battingeyelashes: Surely you've noticed how much more fun life is when it's playtime. Lol!

Hey....glad I am to have been of some small assistance. :hug:

weaselk
ey,, friend,, cheers as always,,

P1170264.JPG

this is golden tiger,, harvested yesterday,, 94 days,, freakin beautiful buds i must say,, not mega but perty as heck,, dense,, and purple,, oh so pretty,, cat hairs included of course

P1170268.JPG

that's it,, couple ounces perhaps,, but a couple ounces of fantastical golden tiger//////crossish,, nicest buds i have seen in a while

so then there is this,, a lemon skunk plant,, planted outside,, quite simply the finest lookin plant i have ever grown,,

P1170260.JPG

this beautiful lemon skunk started flowering about ten days ago, but the plant may never see its full potential,, it is simply too big and will probably be too smelly to keep around long enuf, but, hey, we shall see, and smell

but all my indoor spider mite problems and this plant has no pest problem at all, grasshoppers maybe

so,, cheers for the pest control contributions,, it5 really has helped me,, ta ta for now tho,, i am tired

Back
Top Bottom