Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Re: Northern Lights x Widow.. just over a week from seed to sprout

Looking good, I've been using massive pots since my first attempt and think they are the way to go,fewer transplants, less stress, bigger buffer for PH etc, much more readily available everything for the plant, love it! And apparently big containers are best for brix if your interested in that.

she is coming along fine lad..keep up the grow:goodjob:

Thanks Tommy,:thumb: As with all fathers of young girls, im a bit over protective! I dont like to see any signs of burn or deficiency, so far its limited to the first two sets of leaves.. Updating new pics in a day or two for comparison. Cheers mate, take it EZ. Smokem.:welcome:

Looking good, I've been using massive pots since my first attempt and think they are the way to go,fewer transplants, less stress, bigger buffer for PH etc, much more readily available everything for the plant, love it! And apparently big containers are best for brix if your interested in that.

Hey Buds, thank you for your comments.. I raised her paper towel style, til she was ready for planting, then into a clear cup where i didnt move til 2nd set of leaves appeared and roots were at the bottom of cup. She took a few days to adjust, but also as my MH was too close she started very compact. Which was a bit of a pain as i plan to LST but i can still work with her..So she s fairly stable at the moment, im just having those first single and 3 bladed leaves with signs of burn/def or maybe even some slight bacteria in there?? I get super worried about my girls!! Agreed!!:thumb: i dont normally have many PH probs, she's usually at 6.2-6.5, temps are stable, drop to 17* C when 4hr dark, and RH usually between 20-40%.. Trying to keep an eye on RH getting up in case of any bacteria.. Great to hear ur input mate.. Take it EZ. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

oh yeah the other thing is the perched water table, Doc was telling me about that too, bigger pot the further away from the root ball is the PWT so it won't drown your roots so easily like in a small pot. So I guess it is probably harder to over water in a big pot too for that reason. Doc is the man with this stuff, i'm hardly even a student. LOL. :peace:

Raising humidity may be of benifit in veg and MJ is quite happy from 50% to 70% humidity this may be achieved by misting or a large surface open bowl filled with water & left to slowly evapourate to increase humidity.

Lower humidity 30% to 50% is often prefered in flowering as this wards of bud rot etc, i normally keep my humidity around 50% most of the time & not had any problems in either stage of growth veg/flowering yet !

Their was something about high temps & dry conditions being favourable for spider mites & heres the link for a heads up on the subject - Spider mite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh yeah the other thing is the perched water table, Doc was telling me about that too, bigger pot the further away from the root ball is the PWT so it won't drown your roots so easily like in a small pot. So I guess it is probably harder to over water in a big pot too for that reason. Doc is the man with this stuff, i'm hardly even a student. LOL. :peace:

Thanks Buds,
Yeah i am aware of that but thank you for your post mate.. :thumb: In the base of my pot i have loose different sized pebbles so roots can have a buffer and usually helps any root binding issues. And due to this the PWT you refer to is slightly higher than the base of my pot but it s basically similar.. Much appreciated post, cheers. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Raising humidity may be of benifit in veg and MJ is quite happy from 50% to 70% humidity this may be achieved by misting or a large surface open bowl filled with water & left to slowly evapourate to increase humidity.

Lower humidity 30% to 50% is often prefered in flowering as this wards of bud rot etc, i normally keep my humidity around 50% most of the time & not had any problems in either stage of growth veg/flowering yet !

Their was something about high temps & dry conditions being favourable for spider mites & heres the link for a heads up on the subject - Spider mite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey Thanks Fuzzy!! Cheers for dropping by again:) Yeah i have sort of been playing around with a few ideas over the years about RH for my girls. During flower I AM HAPPY TO HAVE 25% RH!! I dont like bud rot or any mould.. See my RH varies usually when i get all ocd and paranoid im gunna get root rot or something, so i soak up all excess water in her runoff container and start cleaning shit!! So she's always at lowest say 25% but if i leave some runoff in her base container it does climb, but when i see RH nearing 50-60% I get worried - dont ask me why, i know they love it and grow great in natural conditions with high humidity - its just something ive monitored and always try to keep it no lower than 25%, thankfully they grow for me! At the moment becoz she s had some burning or something and almost looks like small dark spots on her first single bladed leaves and onto her 3 bladed leaves, im bit worried having a high RH in case its a bacteria..They arent really necrotic,no holes in leaves just slowly appearing dark spots, i know that P or K def. can cause this, i added slight P+K and quarter strength nutes with her water.. AND>>This Morning:):) She's up reaching for light,perky,and now has grown just under an inch over night, compared to yesterdays pics,she was all sad n droopy. So i will prob put an open container of water in my G/room to up RH some, THANK YOU for your time and advice FUZZY:welcome: Drop by again soon hopefully you will see some healthier pics! Cheers.. Smokemup..

Good morning everyone!!:)
As you may tell im happy! After my girl struggling a little and having some issues, i was a bit worried. I did a bit of reading and checking my notes, i had been following others advice bit much- not trying to sound rude, its just i know my soil i make and only really i can tell the level of dryness, while relaying things via this.. But, i got a lot of great advice from some helpful people,Buds,Tommy and of course FUZZY!! Anyway yesterday after my quik research and inspection of "Cindy", i decided that she needs water,some P+K also needed some N so mixed in my nutes and water, made sure my soil didnt just drain water without absorbing any, so i did 2 waterings over 15 min.
This morning i thought " If this is yellow or the burn has spread above the 3 bladed leaves-im gunna cry", but i opened her door and there she was>> Standing there, reaching up for the light all fan leaves raised as opposed to sagged yesterday, and i got just under an inch of growth!! I know its not much but if things go ok from now hoping she will be fine. Here's her good morning pics:)

2012-07-16_10_19_30.jpg
"Cindy's" looking better, her hands have raised up!
2012-07-16_10_18_25.jpg
Good to see her main cola growing well
2012-07-16_10_18_45.jpg
The burn,spotting is slowing now,since P<K<N
2012-07-16_10_20_33.jpg
Hoping she will continue her progress..

Am so happy to see her back to life.. BIG thanks to everyone!! SMOKEMUP!!!

By the way if you copy the link to your journal you can add this to your signature from...

Settings tag - opens up more tags, click on settings again, click on edit signature & paste link into to it...

You must have been reading my mind FUZZ! Ive been looking at everyones posts with those links and comments on bottom of their pages thinkin how do i do that?? And here you are:) I have a hard one for ya-Do you have any idea how i can change the title of my journal? Cos its bin annoying me.. PLZ lord, give Fuzz the knowledge and wisdom to help my computer stoopidity!! LOL. I appreciate ur sugestions mate, and great to have ur input.. Later Buddy.. Smokem..

Helo everyone, im back again.. With more stress, this is the damage to my girl from whatever was at fault, now its not totally destroying each fan leaf, but the mid canopy is slowly showing signs of the same and i dont want any progression if can help it. Should i cut off the affected forst bladed leaves and the 3 bladed ones. it would also let some light into lower nodes that are growing out?? If anyone has seen this before or may have a suggestion to stop any further spread that would be AWESOME:thumb: Thanks for any input guys.. Heres some pics to try see what is going on, sorry theyre not real close...
2012-07-16_14_27_05.jpg
This is 3 bladed leaf, middle finger affected mostly..
2012-07-16_14_22_04.jpg
Here's attempt at closer pic of whats happening..
2012-07-16_14_23_23.jpg
This is start of bit more on 5 bladed leaf
2012-07-16_14_27_23.jpg
]

Sorry I can't offer any help Smokem, way beyond a noob at growing lol! Am sending loving vibes to wee Teresa, I am sure we will get her growing well and to full health soon!

Sorry I can't offer any help Smokem, way beyond a noob at growing lol! Am sending loving vibes to wee Teresa, I am sure we will get her growing well and to full health soon!

Thank you Fluffy!! Thats cool, im hoping she will be ok from now.. And ive officially named her now, as a proud father:) lol i chose 'Cindy LawPR' from the cinderella 99 + Panama Red, not very inventive but i like it! Hoping her growth tomorrow is as good as this mornings, she is looking really perky and her hands are now reaching toward the sky as all happy plants should, im just watching that brown spotting, its on the first 2 sets of leaves majorly, so im really hoping that the nice fresh growth stays that way:circle-of-love: Thank you for dropping by again Fluff and hope you get some nice buds of your own soon enuf:thumb: Take care buddy....

Happy Greenyear everyone!:high-five: Its a new public holiday im trying to start!! LOL.. Well.. Opened my girls door to say good morning to her, she was wide awake - happily tanning away under the "TANNING BOOTH" or MH as its known:) Her hands were all raised up reaching up for the warm goodness above.. I inspected her new mid to top growth and so far, ALL GOOD!! :cheer: She is gaining height daily now, growth is more noticable, i think im just going to follow most of my usual routine, tho i have been given some great pointers by my GREAT PIT CREW!! FLUFFY<FUZZY<IceMUD.. I think my lil eco system is finally on the right path, i may top her at 3 ft and fill my damn big space!! Can anyone give me some pointers if my run-off's PH is either higher or lower than my soils, to raise it or lower it.. Ive never checked my runoff's PH..EVER?? Silly me maybe? ANYWAY HERE's THIS MORNINGS WAKING PICS OF "CINDY LAWPR":)..
2012-07-17_11_07_28.jpg
Her leaves are now more lifted..
2012-07-17_10_54_26.jpg
Good to see her COLA growing well
2012-07-17_11_09_18.jpg
Overall lookin more perky^^
2012-07-17_10_55_06.jpg
Can see the slight damage on bottom leaf. Any comments, suggestions appreciated! Hope you like her..

The slight cupping of the edges of middle leaves is just the result of her previous over/under water..Also after raising my light to 45cm from top has helped heaps.:thanks: Her water and nute schedule has just been reworked with progressive strength of N,P,K gradually increased from quart atm- to half strength in a week or two. Will monitor her progress and result and go from there.. Ive raised the RH in G/room from a base of 25% - about 32% base now.. Temps between coldest- 18*C - 31*C highest.. Umm, also if any one has knowledge of this product i was going to use to try combat the burn and dark spots that had appeared on first leaves, its a Yates Fungus Spray,to control black spot, PM,rust for use on roses/ornamentals - i havent used it yet as it states for those plants, would it be alright for Ganja use?? And also the directions say not to spray in temps near 30* or when plants may be suffering from heat/moisture stress. So ill leave it be for moment, but if its safe to use on my girl, i guess spraying in her darktime would be best for this product- if its ok to use? Thanks guys!!:thumb:

Tethered her at the base before, and starting to LST her, attached training wire just below her cola to let some light to under canopy..Doing this VERY SLOWLY!! Last thing i want is a SNAPPED MAIN STEM:( Will leave her like this for next couple days, hoping her lower branches keep growing well, soon theyll be out past fan leaves hopefully and can get more lighting for growth.. Will load some more pics tomorrow or nxt day depending on any differences.. Thanks for stopping in;) Smokemup..:thumb:

Plants are looking real nice, like they have made it past that barrier of being seedlings and becoming strong healthy plants. I'm sure they will explode with growth now.

Thanks Buds!:thumb: Yeah Cindy's starting to become established more each day.. Her first 2 sets of branches are starting to grow out from the fan leaves now so hoping in say 3 days theyll all be out past fan leaves.. Im starting a little LST but its just to let light to lower canopy, ill secure more points later when she's got more growth.. But her response has been a total 360 now she's ALIVE!! I am starting to like how this strain is growing now and thats why im trying to detail nearly everydays growth/problems or ideas. Im also hoping 1st timers can learn from any thing that may be happening to their plants from my grow. Take it EZ matey.. Thank you for your compliment on Cindy;) Be cool.... Smokem

Hello guys, thanks for stopping by to have a look at Cindy:)
Well progress report is good, she is growing further now EVERYDAY, up and out.. Ive loosely tied up the top few fans and moved them across an inch so light can get to these bottom branches,they are starting to grow out well which im happy about, as i was worried bout leaves blocking light but for how compact she is at the moment i think im gunna have a short stocky bottom with stretching thru the middle up i think.. So i may just top her at around 3/4ft, see how bushy she gets!! Anyway here are todays photo's, i havent seen any further damage to her yet, plan on light nutes again tomorow, with seaweed extract-half strength.. Here we go.....
2012-07-18_12_25_13.jpg
liking the growth at main cola and bottom shoots
2012-07-18_12_24_53.jpg
heres better look at bottom shoots
2012-07-18_12_24_29.jpg
Hope she stays this way now?
2012-07-18_12_24_14.jpg
Last one, like checkin her daily:) CYA GUYS!!

Yay Cindy!!!! I am so pleased she is perking up now, I know she is going to look after you like you have looked after her :circle-of-love:

Of course the more journals I read the more nervous I get about my first grow...thank goodness I'm not a girly girl because I am definitely not going to have any nails left!

Back
Top Bottom