Stinky Snid's Crop King Journal Contest - Northern Lights & White Widow

Wow! For lack of anything less obvious to say- that's really an incredible plant. I can tell that a lot of work went into her. Amazing job.
Reps to you, Mr Snid.

Not much I can say here that I'm sure you haven't already heard a time or two, but hey I'll try anyway. ;) This has to be the ultimate low grow. I didn't end up doing any LST for my first grow because I was just focused on getting the basics right, but when I do give it a go you can expect me to come knocking on your door. You have my vote for crop king contest, and always supporting other peoples grows too is nice to see as well. Big thumbs up! :thumb:

Well done mate awsome journal thanks for sharing!
You got it rhetorrikz, my pleasure. It's very satisfying to have such great support.

Wow that finally was awe inspiring! You wrestled the dragon down and defeated such a worthy opponent. It was like the Kraken vs. Mother Nature...lol Ok calm down G2HM...lol Captivating show you did there.:cheer:
I took a lot of time and patience but I came through with flying colours. I'm so happy my journal is able captivate and teach folks. Not quite sure I'm a dragon slayer, but she is definitely a monster. :Namaste:

:thanks:
You have really shown me how to make an amazing plant! Leialoha is magnificent and I'm sure her smoke profile will be just as good
Congrats,
Pre-Med
Keep on top of the training and anything is possible. I'll be sure to report on her smoke quality asap. Thanks Premed!

:thanks: Nismo, appreciate it man!

Can you enlighten me on the bud washing? You do this for some reason like mold or rot? Or just cause?
It washes off all the possible dust, hair, bugs, dander, chemicals God know what... If I can find doc buds post I'll send it to you... It's something about washing lettuce before you eat it... Why wouldn't wash your buds before you smoke/vape/eat them. Made sense to me. And I have to say it makes them dry more evenly and they smell 100% better before even drying. It is week worth the time, and I haven't even smoked any yet. It just looks better, smells better, feels better. I would have to assume it tastes Better too. I'll find that post for to u. :thumb:

Awesome snid your success and inspiration gave me the results I had learned from my mistakes ang can't imagine how I would have turned out without them...next:goodjob::thumb::cheer::high-five::bravo::thanks:
I'm very humbled my brother, you did it all yourself. I'm just a dude 1000 miles away typing on a keyboard. I glad I could be of assistance for you, it makes me proud of you Jezebel too. :goodjob:

:yummy: :rollit: :Namaste:
Came out beautiful..
Lots of hard work there..
I thought I saw nug spelled out there..????
Bet she's gonna be yummy...
Yes sir, can't wait to sample her... Maybe I'll get some more pics and get creative. :thanks:

:goodjob: That shot of the underside is a tutorial all in itself on how to spread out a plant. Great work!
Isn't that something... I was very impressed with her frame. I haven't seen the actual "bones" in over 2months. Forgot what it looked like. Thanks mouser!

Wow! For lack of anything less obvious to say- that's really an incredible plant. I can tell that a lot of work went into her. Amazing job.
Reps to you, Mr Snid.
Means alot Weaselcracker, I worked hard this one that's for sure... But it's not like I needed to water 5 times a day. :rofl: still can't believe that "solo cup" beauty... Incredible!
Thanks for the visit, come by anytime :)
:Namaste:

Not much I can say here that I'm sure you haven't already heard a time or two, but hey I'll try anyway. ;) This has to be the ultimate low grow. I didn't end up doing any LST for my first grow because I was just focused on getting the basics right, but when I do give it a go you can expect me to come knocking on your door. You have my vote for crop king contest, and always supporting other peoples grows too is nice to see as well. Big thumbs up! :thumb:
I'll be here, just ask and I'll try to explain to my best ability what I can. It's my pleasure to share my experiences and mistakes with you all...

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

Good morning Mr Stinky! That plant looks really awesome, can't wait for the smoke report on it :high-five: I apologize for asking on here but where would I be able to find the thread for topping autos from Beastx? I am following a journal and he is asking when he should top autos, just looking to pass on the knowledge to somebody that would need it :Namaste::reading420magazine:

Best wishes

Pat

Good morning Mr Stinky! That plant looks really awesome, can't wait for the smoke report on it :high-five: I apologize for asking on here but where would I be able to find the thread for topping autos from Beastx? I am following a journal and he is asking when he should top autos, just looking to pass on the knowledge to somebody that would need it :Namaste::reading420magazine:

Best wishes

Pat

Autos topping thread by Beast

May 25th, Been a few days since the last update. I was going to do yesterday's this morning but figured I'd wait.
My drying box is doing a stellar job. Leialoha is steady drying at 58-64% Rh. Let's see what the twins are up to today...

Veg. 70 / Flower 51 Days

Ellabella : 15.6 lbs @ Ph 6.0 - 75°f
20160525_142421.jpg

20160525_142426.jpg

20160525_142437.jpg

Ellabella is not showing the same deficiency as Winnie, I'll attribute that to the larger pot. Trimming is a continuing thing within her canopy. Not much else to report, we're approaching week 8 almost time for the flush.

Winnie : 7.0 lbs @ Ph 6.0 - 74°f
20160525_142242.jpg

20160525_142248.jpg

20160525_142254.jpg

Winnie's deficiency is not spreading very fast, I don't have anything else to give her so she'll have to make due. Her buds are not lacking from what I can see. She's almost due for a feeding, just might be her last one.

Leialoha
Dry day 4
20160523_131425.jpg

Clones Day 7
20160525_142729.jpg

20160525_142802.jpg

20160525_142815.jpg

These clones are off and growing. Stella and Bella have roots "pooping" out of the solo cup drain holes. Yippee! They're getting ever so green in colour, and also some frosty leaves.

See You All next time...
:ciao:

Lookin great as always my friend stinky! Lolz. I just sent an NL for a swim tonight. :)
Thanks brother, that's great news you're gonna like the strain. Easy to grow, low odor and potent. I really enjoy this strain... It's the only one I've grown out fully so far so I d9nt have much to go on, but it get me way higher than street dope. Quality homegrown northern lights :yummy:

I still laugh at that autocorrect joke, "pooping" it makes me giggle every single time. Your showcase of your hard work shines through the turbulence. I am still in awe of your practices, let the green times roll. Forever learning in your presence. :goodjob:
Lol ya it's funny every time. It's better when it slips in accidentally but I've been inserting the inside joke here and there.. Haha pooped out... I'm trying my best for this twilight led contest, it's going to be a tight finish.

Please come and like my post here on my other journal, this is for a good cause and I am so happy to have your support everyone. Thank you. :Namaste:
#post2906996 twilight led promotion post

KiG :green_heart:cheers

May 27th, it's been a busy few days since my last update. Lots of issues in the grow room. Root eating parasites are causing me grief with my new seedlings. I've lost 3 already. Anyways that doesn't concern this journal so let's move on. Temps are on the rise, we're up about 3 degree now from last month, overnight and daytime.

Ellabella Day 70 +52 : 13.6 lbs @ Ph 6.0 - 76°f
20160527_162224.jpg

20160527_162229.jpg

20160527_162236.jpg

Not much to report for Ellabella, just getting her hard on. She's soon to get her last feeding, Monday or Tuesday she'll be given her last dose of bloom nutes.

Winnie Day 70 +52 : 10.4 lbs @ Ph 6.4 - 74°f
20160527_161929.jpg

20160527_161951.jpg

20160527_161957.jpg

20160527_162011.jpg

Winnie has had an ongoing copper deficiency, doesn't seem to be too pervasive but it's noticeable in her foliage. I'm not too worried about it now since she's gotten what is likely to be her last feeding yesterday. We're approaching week the end of week 8 since flip. Accounting for 1-2 weeks of stretch I put the finish date at ≠11 weeks from flip. 8-9 weeks from end of stretch. Plead advise if I'm incorrect. Thanks.

Leialoha
20160527_150009.jpg

20160527_150025.jpg

20160527_150905.jpg

The final talley is in for Leialoha, 72.4g dry at 62% Rh. She's now virtually stem free and in jars curing. :yahoo:
Initial smoke report, this weed gets me sooo high, much more potent than that street crap. Tastes a little fresh but definitely not a bad taste. No hay smell and a ton of trichomes in the grinder. Very strong keif hash.

Please come and like my post here on my other journal, this is for a good cause and I am so happy to have your support everyone. Thank you.
#post2906996 twilight led promotion post

Hi, snid! Brand new to the website and a big fan of yours. This journal has been a real page turner for my partner and I. I had read that autos should not be topped or trained, but wanted a second opinion which led me here. We've been breathlessly awaiting the final tally and are all excited for you! Happy with the smoke report. Working to get my grow journal going with hopes I can put a little of your zen into Matilda (Northern Lights auto), now 3 days old and doing fine. :)

72 grams is a great yield for that plant, too bad about the copper def. Hope it won't affect the outcome of the plant. :Namaste:
I'm very satisfied with the talley, I've improved on every plant I've grown. It helps alot to know your strains Leialoha was a culmination of all my growing(learning) along with these plants. I'm not too worried about the copper def. I'm pretty far along for it to be detrimental to yield. Thanks for the support Pat :thanks:

Hi, snid! Brand new to the website and a big fan of yours. This journal has been a real page turner for my partner and I. I had read that autos should not be topped or trained, but wanted a second opinion which led me here. We've been breathlessly awaiting the final tally and are all excited for you! Happy with the smoke report. Working to get my grow journal going with hopes I can put a little of your zen into Matilda (Northern Lights auto), now 3 days old and doing fine. :)
What's up Metalpoet, that's the most humbling post I've had the honour of being the subject of. A fan, wow... I would have never thought :bigblush: I'm not one to be famous, just a dude like you. Thanks so much for the kind words and huge inspirational boost. It means more to me than you know:Namaste:
As for topping autos, I would never have tried it without Beast, his auto topping thread is where I got the nerve to attempt a vigorous training program for Leialoha, I had some success with my Maria with topping, but Leialoha takes the cake by far. Let me know when you get Matilda and your journal online. I look forward to a seeing your grow in action, till then... See you around the threads, glad you've come to share your adventures with us. :welcome:

These babies look great!
Thanks Asesino, they're my pride and joy. :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

May 30th, I hear it's memorial day in the USA, we Canadians thank you all for your military service. :thanks:
All though, That doesn't mean those for who send the young men and women into unjust wars, and then deny them medical assistance when they come home disabled physically and/or psychologically. That is something to remember on a day that honour so many fallen brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers. More must be done to support the thousands of veterans who are left to find their own way to pacify the pain and trauma. Especially with opiates and anti depressants that rot the body and brain until they can't take anymore and... Sigh... That's my spiel, one day things will be better.

The situation in the lab is touch and go. I've got what I think are root aphids, they've killed 3 unnamed seedlings. They have been decimated with insecticidal soap and I have reapply since then. I'm finding fewer after each inspection. I'm searching for a soil drench to get things sanitized. These girls are not showing major signs of infestation, which is good... A few aphids can kill a seedling but they'll need an army for a mature victim plant. The war has started and the bombs are flying.
On with the pictures please...

Ellabella Day 70 +55 : 11.6 lbs(dry) @ Ph 5.8 - 79°f
20160530_151121.jpg

20160530_151126.jpg

20160530_151131.jpg

Ellabella got what is likely to be her last feeding. No signs of deficiency on her.

Winnie Day 70 +55 : 8.4 lbs @ Ph 5.9 - 79°f
20160530_151255.jpg

20160530_151300.jpg

20160530_151308.jpg

Winnie has not gotten any worse. I've removed some of her restraints, she seems to be able to hold position.

Clones Day 13

Stella
20160530_154728.jpg

Ella
20160530_154734.jpg

Bella
20160530_154743.jpg

20160530_154811.jpg

The clones are growing well now. They are putting out single finger leaves like crazy. The nodes will be tight on them, I'm going to be giving my protégé one (Stella).. Lol I've already gave him the adoption package, including food, a new pot, a training guidebook and most importantly a picture album of her growing up. :slide:

thats it for another update, till next time...
:ciao:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:Cheers

Hi

Really nice journal bud very educational and got some real useful tips :) done few auto plants myself in best with fairly good results :)

How your clones started? Will be following these with much interested as will be cloning my girls at some point :) never done it before but think learning from yourself im confident enough to give it go :)

Well wishing the young girls a healthy start etc bud. :)

Back
Top Bottom