Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Re: Northern Lights x Widow.. just over a week from seed to sprout

Looks like your curling browning is solved! Very green and healthy!!! Nice looking lady! I'm no expert but the leaves that "browned out" on yeah llok like they are laying in your medium? Again...no expert but you may just want to trim them off anyways???? You have some good leaf up above. Looks great and keep her growing strong!

Yay Cindy!!!! I am so pleased she is perking up now, I know she is going to look after you like you have looked after her :circle-of-love:

Of course the more journals I read the more nervous I get about my first grow...thank goodness I'm not a girly girl because I am definitely not going to have any nails left!

Hi Fluffy:) Yes.. She is on her way now, everyday is starting to have more nice green growth, no more burn or whatever it was on any leaves past the first 3 bladed leaf!! IM XCITED :):) And it seems your kind thoughts have done something - ever since ya tickled her bhind the ears - She's been happy! Lol.. ;) Im trying to work out how im going to go about this grow now.. Becos she has really compact base and minimal space between first 5 nodes its kinda hard to LST her atm, so i think im going to have to go with topping her : GULP : it will probably be the best option for filling my space anyway - ill wait til she's bout 3 ft then she may get be-headed, temporarily anyway just til she grows 2 new heads! I know what you mean with some journals Fluff, they get scary lookin quite quickly.. One day they have a nice plant,24/48 hrs later.. Call the undertaker!! And im sure you ll be fine with ur grow, you seem to know more than most women i know and your on here so i reckon you ll kik butt!! And dont worry bout ya nails, you know they have stick ons right?? LOl:) Later Fluffy.. Chat soon.. Smokem:thumb:

Looks like your curling browning is solved! Very green and healthy!!! Nice looking lady! I'm no expert but the leaves that "browned out" on yeah llok like they are laying in your medium? Again...no expert but you may just want to trim them off anyways???? You have some good leaf up above. Looks great and keep her growing strong!
Hey Rixter! Thanks for stopping by again.. Yeah the burnt leaves i think was a result of my own stoopidity, i may have sprayed her with Pyrethrum spray and its not for seedlings and the leaves that were damaged were the only ones on the plant at the time! I forgot i did it!! So all growth after that is fine she's finally kicked into gear.. And the base leaves are just touching the soil when its warmer theyre up off the ground by few mm's, once these branches come out bit more i may trim off two bigger fan leaves that are covering the light from these branches, i am rotating her tie down points atm so light can get to all growth every 8 hrs. Im only doing this for moment due to her compactness, few more days she wont need me to move anything. Posting todays pics soon. Thanks again mate, your comments are appreciated:welcome: Have a good one Rix, and chat soon buddy.. Smokem

Green day :18/7... Howdy pardner!! Thanks fa droppin by and having a look at my current grow with C99xPanama Red..
After a slight mishap during seedling stage, which i think i am entirely responsible for:( Spraying Pyrethrum spray on seedlings is not recommended, and of course, thats what i did, the damage to the leaves is prob. from when i sprayed as they were the only ones out at the time..So yeah, SORRY GIRL!! And all growth and spots have not appeared since and spots havent gotten any bigger. She is compact at her base, so its going to be maybe a week until i can properly attempt her LST or ill do the 3ft grow n top her then? Not sure, depends on progress.. Her bottom branches are nearly fully out from fan leaves now:):cheer: Im tethering her head below the top leafs abit to get light down low,but not much dont want er snappin. May follow Fuzzy's technique,its really the same as what i did to my last anyways basically making the main stem grow diagonally and allowing branches to grow out and up, nearly flat canopy. Anyway enough of my dribble-typing.. Here s Cindy's morning pics, placing tray of water in there has raised RH to base of 35% now..Cheers for the tip!
:goodjob:
2012-07-19_09_03_06.jpg
Here you can see her branches coming out frm fan leafs.
2012-07-19_09_02_16.jpg
I cant see any more probs with burn:)
2012-07-19_09_03_48.jpg
Here u can see her tether points, HAPPY!!
2012-07-19_09_03_20.jpg
Slapd xtra Thrmmtr near plant, I love her:circle-of-love:
So now she's surviving well, i am stoked as i was stressing for a while.. Anyone with some pointers on how i can LST her better when she grow bit more greatly taken, suggestions, ideas comments all welcome..Cheers all, now BLAZE SUM UP;) Smokem..

Hey Smokem!

Cindy is looking awesome! I knew the tickle behind the ears would work, always does. I know my lil doggie likes it so thought would give it a go with plants! :laughtwo: A little bit of love goes a long way I reckon.

Burning certainly seems to have gone, phew...I was panicking along with you there!

(Thank you for my PM hunny...I can't reply until I hit 50 posts so just wanted to acknowledge and will reply when I get to it! Thank you for my laugh for the day!)

I've started my journal now I am almost ready to get going...Fluffy's World of Pure Imagination Part 1. Hope to see you there!

:thanks:

Morning everyone:):) Hoping youre all having a great day..
Im a happy greenthumb at the moment, it's really good to see growth each day, her bottom branches are now past the fans so will start bushing out well i hope. Today she had her first real nutrient hit - Nitrosol/ half strength (10N,6P,6K) and half strength Seasol seaweed extract.. So im keen to see how she responds over coming days. Usually an hour or two after me pulling her top across an inch or so, she's started turning back towards the light which is good.
Here 's this mornings pics, just after tethering her top..
2012-07-20_10_21_05.jpg
You can see the branches out now
2012-07-20_10_14_33.jpg
Tethering her top to show her growth - its coming out well:)
2012-07-20_10_14_14.jpg
2012-07-20_10_14_25.jpg
Happy she's survived her first problems and is now coming along great, i cannot wait til she's a few feet and then she's nearly ready for flower!!:woohoo:

Morning everyone:):) Hoping youre all having a great day..
Im a happy greenthumb at the moment, it's really good to see growth each day, her bottom branches are now past the fans so will start bushing out well i hope. Today she had her first real nutrient hit - Nitrosol/ half strength (10N,6P,6K) and half strength Seasol seaweed extract.. So im keen to see how she responds over coming days. Usually an hour or two after me pulling her top across an inch or so, she's started turning back towards the light which is good.

Here 's this mornings pics, just after tethering her top.. You can see the branches out now Tethering her top to show her growth - its coming out well:) Happy she's survived her first problems and is now coming along great, i cannot wait til she's a few feet and then she's nearly ready for flower!!:woohoo:

Morning cheeky chops! :;):

Cindy gets prettier every day. I do hope you tickle behind her ears for me and say hello whenever you see her! I'm know I'm a daft bugger but am a big softie as well :bigblush:

So how long is it now she has been growing? Just interested in the length of time to wait for nutes...

Have a lovely day...and please have a smoke for me. Going on 10 days with no supply now...I reeeeeallly don't want to go to docs for painkillers (will be needing an operation soon) :thedoubletake:

xxx

(p.s. getting closer to 50!!!) :cheer:

Hey Smokemup!

Good job with sig, i found my way here to say hi to Cindy and you! Best wishes for your grow!

In case you havent topped them yet and you didnt think about this: if you let them go dry you can do with the stem whatever you want - with lower water content in the cells it will bend nicely with much less risk of breaking so LST should be no prob. Letting it go dry a few times wont hurt too much, might even help the roots to get stronger and bigger.

But it would be best to know which method your strain prefers of course.

I wish all my plants looked this healthy!

Morning cheeky chops! :;):

Cindy gets prettier every day. I do hope you tickle behind her ears for me and say hello whenever you see her! I'm know I'm a daft bugger but am a big softie as well :bigblush:

So how long is it now she has been growing? Just interested in the length of time to wait for nutes...

Have a lovely day...and please have a smoke for me. Going on 10 days with no supply now...I reeeeeallly don't want to go to docs for painkillers (will be needing an operation soon) :thedoubletake:

xxx

(p.s. getting closer to 50!!!) :cheer:

Hello again Fluffy!!:goof: Yeah - Cindy's startin to look fairly cute now:green_heart: And yes, i do give her a little scratch near her little new leaves around her pretty lil main cola:) Im always tethering her top to pull to one side for light to bottom branches and its helped as they are now out past her fans. GOOD STUFF i say! She sprouted on 27/6, the soil has enough nutes in em usually to keep em happy til theyre ready for a feed.. I did use my seaweed extract couple times, here and there to try keep her roots growing well. So i think people say to wait til she has at least five pairs of fan leaves..Sumfin like that, but when you get to that stage we're all here to help ya!
10 days without weed id be anxiety packed! I always like a couple in morn with my coffee and just before bed. Hope you find a few grams on the ground someone dropped:) Sorry to hear you may have to have an operation, i hate hospitals, i hope its nuthin bad mate and youll be kikn butt again soon...Well be cool chicky and i will chat again soon k. And good one, hope you break the majic 50 mark. Later FLUFFY:blalol: Smokem..

Hey Smokemup!

Good job with sig, i found my way here to say hi to Cindy and you! Best wishes for your grow!

In case you havent topped them yet and you didnt think about this: if you let them go dry you can do with the stem whatever you want - with lower water content in the cells it will bend nicely with much less risk of breaking so LST should be no prob. Letting it go dry a few times wont hurt too much, might even help the roots to get stronger and bigger.

But it would be best to know which method your strain prefers of course.

I wish all my plants looked this healthy!

Thank you very much Invi!:welcome: Your comments are greatly appreciated.. No i havent topped her yet mate and wasnt going to until she was 3ft. Ive really wanted to do LST her but i think what i will have to do to grow a big enough harvest, would be difficult now.I may change my mind soon tho, see how she goes. Thanks for the tip about letting her dry out a bbit, i did notice she bent pretty well with no stress. Anyway nice to chat to you bro, thanks for stopping by;) Smokemup..

Looking really nice man, so glad you both got through that rough patch in the beginning. I see you have started to bend her over, nice!

That whole line was just so wrong, sorry. LOL
But seriously looking great mate.

Bahaha.. Yeah i enjoy bending her over daily, its great i hope im not hurting her?? Lol. But yeah, thanks for the nice words buddy!:thumb: She' s on 18/6 now as of last night, this morn's growth is good IMO she is gettin there... I am only bending her so these base branches grow out, which they have, so im kinda stuck as to how im gunna grow her, if i LST the shape of my space will make things hard to get to, im most likelt going to top her at 3ft. Cheers for dropping in again mate, take it easy and chat soon bro.. Smokemup..:thanks:

Hey Smokeum , beautiful lady you got there, Ill checking in on you here hoping to learn some stuff from you guys! Nice plant!
Happy Growin!

Hi TG, thank you for taking the time to have a look at my current grow. Im hoping to improve on my last single plants yield of 8 oz dry cola's, that was with no topping,scrog etc; just let her grow up X mas tree style! Cheers for the good wishes..Take it ez bro catch ya around. Smokem:thumb:

Looking really nice man, so glad you both got through that rough patch in the beginning. I see you have started to bend her over, nice!

That whole line was just so wrong, sorry. LOL
But seriously looking great mate.

OK, thanks Budley, pretty much just spat my coffee out all over my laptop! :laughtwo:

Hi TG, thank you for taking the time to have a look at my current grow. Im hoping to improve on my last single plants yield of 8 oz dry cola's, that was with no topping,scrog etc; just let her grow up X mas tree style! Cheers for the good wishes..Take it ez bro catch ya around. Smokem:thumb:

Erm...I know you won't laugh at me for asking this question...

What is topping? :bigblush:

It is exciting this whole learning to grow thing but boy it makes my noggin hurt sometimes! :loopy: :thedoubletake: :)

Erm...I know you won't laugh at me for asking this question...

What is topping? :bigblush:

It is exciting this whole learning to grow thing but boy it makes my noggin hurt sometimes! :loopy: :thedoubletake: :)

Hey Fluffy:byebye:LOl..Yeah there s so many things to learn about growing with different techniques,really its only neccessary to learn all these things about growing if youre fully hydro, i mean theres things that are applicable but when it comes down to how to grow a plant, its better to do it simply- Nice soil, germinate seeds properly- dont push em down too far into the soil,1 inch is enough or ya may get lanky seedlings. And just keep an eye on soil and water when needed, of course the lighting plays a part, but CFL's are a good choice for Veg IMO, but id wanna have a MH and HPS for her 18/6 light timing as i think the plant would benefit from having a strong light source to photosynthesise and grow at an appropriate rate given the shorter light times, but ppl do stay 24/0 or 20/4 lighting during veg, but plants naturally have a night cycle, and IMO it gets the plant used to having sleep time for flowering as its not just chucked straight from 100% light 24/7 to 12/12, i know the plants still do their thing but yeah - the plants grow in the dark also, and each morning her new leaves up top now are always opened and at end of day theyre fully out and flattened to create another level..
Topping a plant is probably the least stressful of all SCROG,SOG,monster or super cropping.. Its where you cut the main cola off close to the where the 2 new shoots either side of the head are starting to grow on top..These two shoots either side, become 2 main cola's and grow up as 2 main stems, they bud nicely if grown to 5 ft or so.. Your plant usually gets quite bushy also as the branches below the topped cola respond, and this would be good for filling out my grow space as its fairly wide, so im LST ing her so her base is packed with branches that can get full light, then ill let her grow straight up again - top her n see what i harvest off her. Im praying ive got this planned right!!:bitingnails: Hope you can decipher my description?? There's a link on a guys page on topping, ill try find it and PM it to you ok??

Later Fluff, take care... Smokem..:goof:

Hello everyone, hope youre all having a good one!:thumb:
Im a day behind in my journal now, but im probably going to update every couple days from today because ive secured her 2nd tether, but her first permanent stem binding, so as she grows out ill secure her second pint and by then hopefully all her base branches have taken their positions for lighting and will be fine for me attempt a flat canopy for her base, and then once she passes her pot, she will be grown vert from then on so her main stem will be an " L "shape across her 80cm pot.
Here's pics from yesterday once sum fans were trimmed for light to below. Her stem is getting pretty thick and her 2 bottom branches are fairly chunky also and have bud site leaves there already, i hope she kicks some butt!! Thanks for all ur support and suggestions along the way guys..:thanks:
2012-07-21_22_33_49.jpg
First 7 finger manicure..
2012-07-21_22_35_48.jpg
Her growth is looking strong
2012-07-21_22_35_22.jpg
See her fans removed for lighting
2012-07-21_22_51_45.jpg
Closer pic of her
2012-07-21_22_52_52.jpg
Aerial pic of her growing across her pot.

Hello everyone,
Thanks for coming by again.. Growth has been great, since securing her main stem she's now in an open ' V ' shape with a lower branch at base growing nearly as thick as main stem. Pretty much all her under growth has grown out now and can get direct light.
Ive removed 5 fans now almost as big as my hand already, and she has a slight smell now too!:party:
Im letting the main stem grow another 3 inches before her 2nd main stem secure point, im guessing at this rate of growth if all goes well she will be at the end of her 80 cm pot in around 3 weeks.. Cant wait, then she s goin vert and being topped!
Its probably going to get rather squashy in there in few months:) Nuthin sum twine cant fix, just going to have to secure branches as they grow..
Here's some pics from today, quart strength nutes and seaweed xtract tmoro.. Hope you like em!!
2012-07-23_11_46_25.jpg
Here you can see her V shape starting to form
2012-07-23_11_43_45.jpg
Getttin bushy!!
2012-07-23_11_42_37.jpg
Most lower branches out now
2012-07-23_11_42_19.jpg
Closer pic of her under growth,nearly even canopy

Back
Top Bottom