Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Thanks, ChronJon, :thumb: I had a look at your grow and ya doing well mate.. Cheers for dropping in , and comments greatly appreciated! Ok buddy ill chat again soon, BE COOL!! Smokemup..;)

looking very good. I'm subbed. yea listen to tsemp DONT TRIM NOTHING. let if grow. you can think about defoliation in flower. never veg. Looking great! +reps

Yeah thanks guys!! So youre saying to leave the fans alone, even if theyre crowding and blocking light to the under growth?? some started to grow deformed trying to reach for the light- i had to open the canopy and now its fixed itself,thankfully.. I dont trim any more than one or two leaves, i use the same technique as always. Never had probs.. Ive seen a fair few people having to trim fans with no worries during veg, while they LST,some ive seen strip a hell of a lot of leaf off!! Which i dont recommend.. As you will see freom todays pics(27/6) she is real bushy, some branches make there way out, but i need to help some get adequate light.. THanks, and let me know what you think now she's bushier..

Here's todays pics of Cindy (27/6) She is very bushy, with leaves pressing against each other where they arent tethered.. Im letting her grow out for next few days, but i hope i get no more deformed tops due to insufficient light thru top canopy... See what you think.. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP:)
2012-07-27_12_32_31.jpg
2012-07-27_12_29_11.jpg
Here you can see she is dense..
2012-07-27_12_28_38.jpg
Shoots growing out ok..
2012-07-27_12_27_42.jpg
2012-07-27_12_27_11.jpg
2012-07-27_12_26_43.jpg
2012-07-27_12_26_09.jpg
Any ideas about if its safe to trim SOME fans during LST greatly appreciated as ive seen some removed for lighting without probs, but if it will cause probs, any info is great! THANKS>>SMOKEMUP;)

Hey Smokemup! I just realized that we germanated around the same time, its interesting to watch others progress while i am in the same stages, when do you plan on going into flowering with those ladies? i was debating on doing it this week or next week on mine. what do you think/recommend? I know it really depends on what room size is and what method of cropping i am using but any input is great input!..TesMp had a very good post about trimming but i cant figure out how to post it!

Hey Smokemup! I just realized that we germanated around the same time, its interesting to watch others progress while i am in the same stages, when do you plan on going into flowering with those ladies? i was debating on doing it this week or next week on mine. what do you think/recommend? I know it really depends on what room size is and what method of cropping i am using but any input is great input!..TesMp had a very good post about trimming but i cant figure out how to post it!

Hey Chronic, Yeah mad:) Mine s bit over a month old, i am gunna Veg Cindy for about 3 months, or when she hits about 4.5ft.. Since im going solo-plant again, slightly different methods, larger pot and stronger HPS for Flower... So i hope ill get some improvement on my last single 5ft x-mas tree,untouched really, she gave me 8 oz of nice cola's and bit of popcorn to snack on.. So an ounce more an i ll be happy!! But 8 oz aint bad, i cant complain about that?? Here's a pic of one bud at harvest last time:
2012-05-22_17_14_29.jpg
Nearly every cola was as big as the cans, width and length, some a little smaller.. Take it EZ mate...SMOKEMUP....;)

Thanks Chronic! :) Yeah she gave me a decent yield, considering that she had so many things that were inconsistent during her grow. The PH never checked, interrupted dark cycle, not for long but still, had some white fly due to putting her outside(stoopid!!)and some Defic.
Cheers for the Reps, theres few more pics in galleries i think?? I got some alright sized cola's- just about all where over 7g dry. Biggest was 17.8 dry. Hope our current grows go off tap and give us like a pound!!!:) Thatd be sweet..:party:
It sounds like a long time as most ppl like a 3/4mnth turn-over,but it pends on each grower.. Ill veg til she big enuf and slowly cut her light down,if Veg has been about 3 mnths,her flower stage will be rapid- my last when i cut light down over a week, just grew buds pretty fast as she was big and strong,i had no real probs with weight, if i did i secured it, and she was packed when the 400w HPS went on her.. Now im using a 600w Sontgro Hps for first time so we ll see if we get any gains, even an extra few grams..
Im going to leave her be for the next few days now, only moving some fans if needed and fixing some tethers.
Her main cola, grew out a pair of 7cm long fan leaves over today:) So hoping she will grow out of her tether to the left and then ill be happier with her as i should have nice access for light to most of Cindy's branches..
THANKS FOR EVERYONE S HELP!!!!:thanks::wood::passitleft::ciao:
Post some more pics in few days after she has a little more growth ok..
ADIOS AMIGO'S.......... SMOKEMUPM8;)

Thanks Invi!! I try:) Cheers for dropping by, Im hoping she will respond like ive seen some guys LST'd plants..
She is growing well, around 2 full fan leaves about 12cm long each day, so thats not bad.. Its just she isnt stretching as much as my last girl.. Tho this may be how they respond at first to LST?? I have alot of crowding, leaf wise, and also some leaves are pressing together causing them to sweat and leavesalts or some deposit on the leaf when it dries, its not PM as i first thought!!:hmmmm:
I need to remove at least one fan again as it may cause another deformity like one branch coming thru- it started to grow un-even, so had to clear a spot, now she's even again thankfully..
Ive been told not to trim or to trim, ive seen LSt's where alot more than a few fans are taken in order to let light thru- i dont wanna go this full on, but feel i need to take some here n there..I use the same method as always have been shown, the stalk heals itself in about 2hrs and so far havent had any infections or stresses on my girls. I think during Flower is worse time to trim, unless theyre nearly finished and drooping yellowed ones! Cos the plants do need them while they have them to cope with nutes and photosynth., making the sugars.. If your girl is bushy and is strangling herself, IMO, it would be better to help her get light,air and space for branches coming up? Anyone who LST'S often and has some tips as to if im on the right track would be great! But BIG THANKS to everyone who has been there for me: Fuzzy,Fluffy:),Iceman, Chronjon, JAMES;),TG40,invi,teSmp,Grace and all you other guys,sorry if didnt mention ya,too baked to remember everyones name:) ALL YOUR INPUT HAS BEEN AWSUM GUYS< I HOPE IVE HELPED SOME OF YOU TOO!! PLease try to drop in and check on me here and there, i kno i load pic nearly daily but as we all kno - alot can happen in 24hrs!! Im sorry if i dont always write on ur pages daily, but i do check your pics and posts guys:winkyface:
BE COOL>> CHAT SOON... SMOKEMUP;) :welcome:

*UPDATE* While deciding on whether or not to trim some fan leaves this morn, i slacked off my 2nd tether for a bit.. Just checking on her main stems growth over the day- it has grown about 1.7cm:) which is good!!:yahoo: Im hoping if i leave her grow out now and continue doing what i am that the main stem will again take over as the prominent Cola and start more vert growth.
If this happens my stress of over crowding should grow out in a week or so, and the bottom stem formations should be able to grow into large branches full of cola's??? They can grow 4ft vert-ill secure em-and flower her!!:partyboy:
I havent done much to her but its slowed her down compared to what im used to but if what people say is right i should get another good harvest! Thanks, pics in a day or so! Cheers everyone, SMOKEM...;)

29/7 Pics..
Her growth is going well. I removed one fan leaf for lower lighting and it was squashing against others.
She now has about 15 tops coming up:) But im hoping her main cola and stem will grow out some more over next week, she has grown about an inch in past 26 hrs, and is now heading skyward!!:allgood: Hoping she continues this way..
She has 2 more months of veg, and if all goes well im hopin she will still hit 5/6ft after flower??
Here's todays pics guys, any ideas on whether or not to trim during LST if leaves are sweating and squashing each other, GREATLY appreciated! Or any suggestions or comments in general all welcome;):thanks:
Nutes full strength tomoro... 10N,8P,6K.. Enjoy:
2012-07-29_11_12_55.jpg
Pic from front view of cola
2012-07-29_11_13_24.jpg
She has alot of branches comin thru
2012-07-29_11_12_26.jpg
2012-07-29_11_12_07.jpg
Closer pic of some tops
2012-07-29_11_11_48.jpg
2012-07-29_11_10_49.jpg
2012-07-29_11_10_27.jpg
2012-07-29_11_10_03.jpg
2012-07-29_11_09_47.jpg
THANKS FOR ANY COMMENTS GUYS!!!:) SMOKEM..

Smokeum, that thing is exploding! Nice, can you get a pic standing back so we can see the whole Plant? She is pretty.

Hi TG:) How you doing??
Yeah she is now starting to send branches out and up, but i need her main stem to react the same.. I dont know if i raise my light a bit or just move it across top the top left side for more hours than present..It all gets light- but my lights on a track if you were wondering!
Here is 2 pics, im loading more soon but my credits nearly gone so gimme an hour n ill put up the rest of the furthe back shot s for better perspective..
These give ruff idea for the moment;) ...
2012-07-29_15_38_42.jpg
taken from top so you can see her main cola,but other shoots are flying!!
2012-07-29_15_38_11.jpg
Need main cola to get the AUXINS HAPPENING!! - and start establishing herself as the dominant cola..??

Today-29/7;
Continuing photos' from earlier: These are taken a little further back, so you guys may get a better perspective of how she looks..
There are around 16 tops coming thru the canopy at tethered points and also one's that started to grow out themselves..
I was having a few questions as to whether or not its ok to trim a fan leaf here n there if theyre squashing together,causing sweat and blocking light to lower nodes and branch sites..I trimmed one fan leaf today, 2 levels below the main cola-its opened it up and has healed nicely now.. Here are some pics; please feel free to give me some advice, ideas or opinions about how im going about this minor LST:welcome: I hope the main shoot will have enuf Auxins to start playing catchup with some vert growth and become the leader again!!:) As i said, she will be Veg'd for about 3 months so hoping thats enough time for her to grow about 4.5 ft?? Thanks:
2012-07-29_18_16_26.jpg
View from back a little
2012-07-29_18_15_58.jpg
Theres fair few tops coming thru?
2012-07-29_18_15_34.jpg
2012-07-29_18_15_19.jpg
2012-07-29_15_39_19.jpg
She looks nice:) but need main cola to STRETCH!
2012-07-29_15_38_59.jpg
2012-07-29_15_38_42.jpg
2012-07-29_15_38_11.jpg
THANKS FOR HAVING A LOOK AT MY CURRENT GROW WITH CINDY, ANYONE WHO IS EXPERIENCED IN LST-COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE AWSUM:woohoo::reading420magazine:
CHEERS<SMOKEMUP;)

LOL..THANKS TOMMY!!
Im going to let her grow out from the stakes and tether and hope fully in a week or so, she will have her main cola grown vert some more..
With still around 8 weeks of veg to go, i hope that she starts stretching some more, i dont know if she will hit 4-5ft during veg now?? REALLY HOPE SO:bitingnails: Again, cheers for the kind words and taking the time to stop by! Later bro.. SMOKEMUP;):thumb:

It might happen that some other branch takes over the role of the top - when LSTing hormones also get redistributed like with topping. I might be wrong, but i think it depends on branch top height/amount of light recieved.
During your longer veg time you can create new tops if something goes wrong with the original or accidentally replace the 'top' branch with an other one just by positioning.
You can also aim for a very even branch height (=even hormone distribution, and bud sizes).
Regarding yield - probably the more side branches make it to the top the better!

Hey Invi,
Yeah thats what i was thinking, but im trying to get her main cola to become number one again, but there s 3 shoots about 2cm higher than it now! So im putting my light to the front again for about 6hrs and see if that helps her out??
If i get a few main cola s- awsum- but hope they will grow up up and away!!
Nutes today:):morenutes: See if some Nitrogen sparks the cola back into action!!
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep em coming:) Later everyone..Smokemup..;)

If you didn't top or cut your main stem..the growth inhibitor is still in play..the main cola will take the lead..the growth inh will slow others down until she is leader again...if you topped your plant...growth inh is not in play...its a race to the top with all tops...you have to be the inh...with tie-downs...i hope this makes sense ...more importanly i hope i'm right..plants look amazing...:bravo::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom