Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Hey MIWA!! How are ya??
Thank you for dropping by and giving me some input!:thanks: I haven't toped her, her main stem is thick as.. Some branches ive staked have gone off and gotten thick and are growing out rapidly, as are some inner branches heading up and thru the canopy.
I move the main stem tether higher up to pull her across some more as i had to to get light in and make a little space.
So ive also move my light across tward the main cola so hope she will continue to grow and as you said will hopefully take dominant position again. If not, then ive got like 16 tops to control to 4/5ft!!
Im hoping this growth inhibitor hormone, will kick in soon as there are 3 tops above her already!! Its a larger head than most of the other tops and continues to pump out fan leaves, but i need her stem growing twice the speed!! LOL
tHANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP BUDDY!!:thanks:
CHEERS, SMOKEMUP;)....

Hahaha.. I laugh at u police drug tester..6th time pass while baked. I got green blood mo' fo's!! Lol.:rofl:

Im hoping this growth inhibitor hormone, will kick in soon as there are 3 tops above her already!!

What if you tie down the other 3 branches so the old main shoot gets back priority, and the side branches start to shoot even more. You've got so much veg time, you can make any side shoot a decent main one until :)

muhaha good job with the test!
:bravo:

Yes.. I am one lucky son of a beach!! But yeah back to Cindy, yeah well i may just have to do that if i can, ill have to establish where they are originating from before i start bending as i may snap them..
I believe they are secondary shoots with a few main branches growing vert.. As my girls main stem is in a sort of ' \_/ ' shape with grow thru middle and out to sides off that!! So i think its best i leave some to grow out and up by them selves now theyre past theyre stakes..
In a few days i hope to see some more main cola action, my prayers are with her!! CHEERS everyone for your input!!:) SMOKEM..

Bro, scrog it, man I'm going back to the beginning of your journal, ingot 3 babies about to transplant to 5 gallon pots I wanna lst like you did then I'm gona scrog at least one if I can grtit to look like that!

LOL..I have thought she would be ideal for a scrog!!
But im not educated enough to do it properly, but i could just say stuff it and do it and learn!! But im trying for a decent harvest so im trying to stick to what i know.. Altho this has kinda gone a bit different than i wanted:)
If i end up with 16 cola's that are 5 ft each ill be happy man!!;) Thanks mate,i appreciate ya like my girl.. All the best bro! Smokemup;):thumb:

Just wondering bro... Your going to veg for 3 months and flower for 2 months.. So nearly 150 days..? That type of turnover doesn't bother you??

I vegged 30 days and I'll flower for 55 so that is 85 days, if I started another seed 20 days before this harvest finishes my next turnover time would be 65 days.. So two SCROGS finished in 150 days.. To me I just couldn't stand growing one plant for 5 months ya know?? You have the knowledge to SCROG, it's not harder then LST your just using the screen instead of strings.. Anyways I agree it does look good and I won't mind seeing your monster plant because I'll never be able to get myself to do it!

Hey, Thank you Deege! Nice of you to drop by and cheers for the kind words:)
She is doing well, this morning ive got 2 more tops up thru the canopy:bitingnails: I love these heads coming thru, dont get me wrong, but this shaping of her is not exactly what im used to! So im reading her signals and will just make sure that each top has light and there is some getting down low also.
Once she gets another say 10cm in height ill have more of an idea what im going to have to do. But im guessing its going to involve tying some branches!!:winkyface: Please drop by from time to time mate if you dont mind, just to give some ideas,tips for this grow.. THANKS EVERYONE.. Youre the best:) BE COOL... SMOKEMUP. MY GIRL>
2012-07-29_18_16_26.jpg

Just wondering bro... Your going to veg for 3 months and flower for 2 months.. So nearly 150 days..? That type of turnover doesn't bother you??

I vegged 30 days and I'll flower for 55 so that is 85 days, if I started another seed 20 days before this harvest finishes my next turnover time would be 65 days.. So two SCROGS finished in 150 days.. To me I just couldn't stand growing one plant for 5 months ya know?? You have the knowledge to SCROG, it's not harder then LST your just using the screen instead of strings.. Anyways I agree it does look good and I won't mind seeing your monster plant because I'll never be able to get myself to do it!

Hi teSmp,
How are ya?? Na i dont mind the time, it is longer than most i agree.. My last gave me 8 oz of dry buds, which i say lasted me nearly 3 months, so im goin without for a bit, but due to certain things atm it has to stay a single plant grow.. I was gunna do 2 verts, as you will see from her first pics she had a sister when she was planted.
Looking back i could have done a mad SCGROG with them 2!! But yeah, i rekn id be able to SCROG, probably no worries, but that wasnt my plan for Cindy.. Her LST wasnt meant to restrict her this much, i waited bit long to start bending her i think and now she s getting a bonsai tree style main stem happenin, real thick and short, but i have a lot of branches etc; ready to take a vert climb.
When her tops hit over 4 ft, ill flower, if its less than 3 months- awsum- but thats just a rough time based on current growth..
But now she has her base established im hoping she will flourish from now.. I really hope i at least get least 8 oz again,time will tell! THANKS GUYS.... SMOKEMUP;)

Hi teSmp,
How are ya?? Na i dont mind the time, it is longer than most i agree.. My last gave me 8 oz of dry buds, which i say lasted me nearly 3 months, so im goin without for a bit, but due to certain things atm it has to stay a single plant grow.. I was gunna do 2 verts, as you will see from her first pics she had a sister when she was planted.
Looking back i could have done a mad SCGROG with them 2!! But yeah, i rekn id be able to SCROG, probably no worries, but that wasnt my plan for Cindy.. Her LST wasnt meant to restrict her this much, i waited bit long to start bending her i think and now she s getting a bonsai tree style main stem happenin, real thick and short, but i have a lot of branches etc; ready to take a vert climb.
When her tops hit over 4 ft, ill flower, if its less than 3 months- awsum- but thats just a rough time based on current growth..
But now she has her base established im hoping she will flourish from now.. I really hope i at least get least 8 oz again,time will tell! THANKS GUYS.... SMOKEMUP;)

Yeah I hear ya on plant numbers.. That's why I SCROG, I only have one plant under there. I'm only shooting for the 5-8 ounce range just simply because I wouldn't know what to do with it and I don't like edibles. I don't think I'm going to have any problem hitting that mark.. Have you grown this strain before? Growing to 4 feet can be risky with some strains, you could end up with 8ft plants..

Thanks Miwa, and teSmp,
No, i havent grown this strain, and finding anyone who has grown it ( C99xPanama Red ) other than my old hookup who i no longer speak to.. I was expecting about 2ft of potential stretch during last vert. grow, she was flowered at 4ft but stopped just over 5ft. Her branches did fill up space tho, the lower ones made it past the middle in some cases.
Given her stem growth at the moment, i am not sure if she will get to the same structure as previous branches in trees ive grown..
I have to monitor my power use and lots of visitors, so going beyond a plant could get me unwanted attention,as it was last grow, i used to have to have sum weed i was smoking at the time open in its bag in my lounge, so ppl thought that THAT was the source of any smells:) Subtle, but effective!! Anyway i have found Panama Red on google n stuff, but none with my cross..
It must do ok, cos we used to get lots of this stuff on his harvest time:) That was like 5 yrs ago now, but early last year he gave some seeds to one of his close mates, and i scammed a couple from him.. Hahaha!! But if i let her go and her stem starts to grow out more now as she's getting nutes now and has a great root structure already, while checking soil moisture at opposite end of my pot, i came across roots about 2 inch down-where there were, was about 15cm from end of the 80cm pot, so 65 cm across and 28 cm down of roots, the Seasol i use IMO does help,its seaweed extract.
Its just gone past her first month of growth, if i waited one month and flowered her i doubt she will reach her full potential due to her slow start?? As i said tho ill have to monitor how she goes over the next 1 or 2 weeks. Praying her main cola keeps up and the rest of her , due to how she is positioned, is gunna starting to be CAOS!!
I have to try figure out which branches i can move and which ones she is making into main tops??? Hmm Its getting stressful, as this my first crack at some LST, and it looks like ive topped her or tied her down around herself!! But no, just some tethers and MARIJUANA HORMONES goin CRAZY:goof: She must be a female:)
Im posting some more pics later so you guys have an updated photo for reference.. YOU GUYS RULE!!:adore::420::thanks:
SMOKEM;)

Hey teSmp, i reckon you ll get least 8 oz mate!
My last vert, untopped or trained gave me 8 oz plus more popcorn, but i thought it wasnt much, til i thought about its half a pound.. And ive seen few grows that have maybe 4 small plants to try maintain, and get 8 oz all up off 4 plants - when i had only one and got the same.. But it does depend on ur space, growth method etc; so yeah, as im not really sure on how this strain grows, its a learning curve.. Hope my Dr.Greenthumb will come into effect and i can manage my girl.. You guys helpin out is great, im always checking my emails for new advice on her.. I do listen to all your suggestions guys!:thumb::welldone:
Hope you ll stop by again soon. Im adding pics soon.. Cheers..SMOKEMUP...

You just started LST so you probably know don;t know too much about supper-cropping...i would suggest you check some of U-tubes videos on it..its a lot of different training technics to keep your plants height under control...then again she might only go to 5 ft...got my fingers crossed...:goodluck:

Cheers Miwa,
I have watched a few vids on super cropping and monster cropping.. I know that super cropping techniques work as i had to squash and train a branch, and that branch was the biggest cola other than her main!
But i wont be doing that to her.. If i dont get my girl to 5/6ft or to harvest dry weight of least 8 oz, ill prob go back to x-mas trees??? O'NATURALE, if id done this with this girl, i think she'd be massive by now.. Her present measurements are good for someone wanting a lot of tops and even canopy:) Im just reading her.. Body language at its best:hmmmm::scratchinghead: Keep em comin guys, i appreciate your time and efforts to try assist my grow:) BE COOL.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;) SMOKEMUP...

Outside?? Na cannot be done here.. Various reasons for that.
I have always had indoor girls of least 5 ft vert, largest was just an inch or so smaller than me, 6'1, so im stayin indoors mate, i got space for 6ft plants so when either theyre not over 5 ft, or not filling out my 4.5 ft wide space i stress:) But its early stages.. Posting pics in a minute..Thanks for thoughts bro!

Back
Top Bottom