Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Welcome young and old to my current grow, C99 x Panama Red, aka "Cindy LawPR"
I know you may not notice much growth from these pics but i am least getting nearly 2 inch growth at main stem everyday.
Today celebrates her first month birthday since sprout!! No candles or cake, just a 400w MH and sum Nutes!! So she's getting a feed today:) Half strength feed of Nitrosol ( 10N,8,p,6k ), with Seaweed extract in distilled water..:morenutes:
Here she is today, after her feed and 2 more fans removed..
2012-07-24_11_10_28.jpg
She s cute!
2012-07-24_11_09_09.jpg
Loving these branches coming thru..
2012-07-24_11_08_26.jpg
Bud sites on the branches are already growing.
2012-07-24_11_07_45.jpg
2nd tether point secured, she has 30cm left til she' can start to grow vert before topping at 3ft..IF ALL GOES WELL.. Otherwise i wont top her cos it may block light to lower canopy, see how she forms over next few weeks..
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!! Cheers, SMOKEMUP.:bong:

She's looking beautiful Smokeum!
Thanks TG!:thumb:
This is my first attempt at a real LST, Ive basically LST'd before but not this much.. I just tethered a few branches that needed either bracing from weight or to be moved to get more light.
As ive secured her main stem, an opposing branch site at base has sort of turned into a 2nd main stem, giving her the V shape, she may grow out of this shape later as the main stem grows past her pot then is going vertical, im hoping her growth down low will gain some nice vert height also.. I reckon im going to be doing some more tethering with this girl, i think she likes being tied up! LOL.. Just hopin she will respond and grow as im planning, but there's always surprises!! Thanks for the comments mate.. Take care guys, Smokem..:welcome:

Hahh nice bush! All healthy leaves. Nice work so far!

I wouldn't even top her if she stays so bushy - but i have a tendency to not to hurt things even if it could do good in the long run..
:goodjob:

Hi Invi, Thank for the props!:thanks:
Yeah well im starting to think about this, whether or not to top her.. As she is quite dense at the moment i may end up shadowing the lower canopy from enuf light if i top her.. So, im going to see how she grows over the next few weeks and take it from there.
Her branches are all starting to crowd each other a bit so ive staked a few branches as well as tethering some also- but the growth in among her ' V ' is now basically a flat canopy, but some fans off the branches are all pushing in together making it hard to get a decent coverage of light under neath. Ive trimmed a few more fans off today and hope the branches will all grow out some more.
Light trimming of some fan leaves every other day during veg is ok yeah??
Thanks for your input , comments and suggestions!:goodjob: Any one with some ideas or info on these lower branches, what i should do- trimming more fan leaves to allow light thru to under top canopy, or should i just let em grow out for a week or so and then see what options i may have?? Cheers, SMOKEMUP!!!!

Any one with some ideas or info on these lower branches, what i should do

Can you train all side branches upwards to the light? With LST lower branches should grow ok buds as well. Could go around with the main stem in a circle horizontally and give all branches some light - would look like a scrog with a main cola :smokin:

Just an idea, i never did any such thing!

Thanks Invi,
I have staked 4 branches down horizontally- so they grow out some more and then up, stem looks kinda like an ' -x ' from above, with main stem being directly horizontal across her 80cm long pot, its rectangular trough, i dont wanna go around the pot, just some branches secured too as said before, and when she nears end of her pot im letting her go basically vert so as to fill my 6ft space.. Hope it goes to plan, ill have to trim some fan leaves over the weeks, not doing lots at once, let her recover a bit.. I just hope i dont have to take much off, she has plenty of leaves but she needs em so ill just go slowly with this i think.. Listen to my plant!!!:hmmmm:

Looking all so very good Smokemupm8 :goodjob:

A lil bit of LST works wonders, you might want to think about LSTing some of those newer branchs...

How long are you planning on vegging for ?

Looking all so very good Smokemupm8 :goodjob:

A lil bit of LST works wonders, you might want to think about LSTing some of those newer branchs...

How long are you planning on vegging for ?
Thanks Fuzzy:) Mate, im getting some anxiety now!! This is my first real half-assed attempt at a LST:bitingnails:
She's getting pretty dense among there, ive secured some branches and trying to get them to grow out-and up, my ' V ' shape atm, which is made from the plant possibly sending some Auxins to the opposing lower branch to where it was tethered and its gotten ruite thick now too, and so yeah im not sure if it will continue like this but for now it s kinda like a wide ' V '..
I'm pulling the left side across the 80 cm pot, well near to the end at least then letting her do her thing and grow vert, if my training works and these branches grow vertically in among these main branches i should be able to tether some branches into positions where they get decent light, im thinking i may get a some-what even canopy? or maybe tapering from top left down to the right a little- i have 4.5 ft wide to fill.. But im hoping the light trimming of some fan leaves here and there, i tuck or tie but some need to be removed or they smother the lower cola's of up coming branches??
I hope i dont stuff this up, i wanted to harvest more than my last girl which i let do her own thing, 8 oz plus snacks?? Even an extra half oz:) I have a 600w HPS for her flower instaed of my 400w..
If you managed to decipher that, what do you think mate? Im planning on Vegging her for about 3 months, or when shes 4ft.. HOPEFULLY SHE"LL GET THAT BIG!!!!!
Im using an extra 10 litre pot this time, with the 600w for flower so i just hope she grow ok really?? I mean if she pays for the power i used ill be happy i guess... Thanks for any ideas or suggestions as to how she may grow or trimming fans, LIGHTLY!! THANKS..:peace::thanks::high-five: SMOKEMUP...;)

All the branchs will turn upwards towards the light in a few to several days & pretty sure its going to a beast of a girlie if you do the whole 3 months veg cycle thing... its gonna be monstrous at 2 months.

All these LST branches will eventually play catch up & normally leave my plants alone for the last few weeks before putting into flower mode with a tad bit of thinning out/lollipopping the day before entering flower cycle if desired.

I can not honestly speak of end yield as i've not grown this strain or even a plant over 3 foot only time will tell !

You could always look into a perpetual grow style... vegging plants whilst one set is in flowering & rince 'n' repeat if you wish for a regular harvest :thumb:

Shes taking off! Beautiful! Can't wait to see her finish! I'm out of town today and tomorrow so my Ole Lady is taking care of my babies, Stress! Can't wait to see my girls!i guess in the mean time Ill have to stare at yours! As my beautiful wife would say I can look I just can't touch! :tokin:

All the branchs will turn upwards towards the light in a few to several days & pretty sure its going to a beast of a girlie if you do the whole 3 months veg cycle thing... its gonna be monstrous at 2 months.

All these LST branches will eventually play catch up & normally leave my plants alone for the last few weeks before putting into flower mode with a tad bit of thinning out/lollipopping the day before entering flower cycle if desired

I can not honestly speak of end yield as i've not grown this strain or even a plant over 3 foot only time will tell !

You could always look into a perpetual grow style... vegging plants whilst one set is in flowering & rince 'n' repeat if you wish for a regular harvest :thumb:

Thank you FUZZY!!!:goodjob:
Yeah im kinda thinking i may have created a montser, either in a bad way or good im not certain atm tho!!:) Cheers for your thoughts bro, ill prob give her close to 3 months like last girl, that said pending on her height- not sure if this strain will reach 5-6 ft, but ill flower her at 4ft.
Im hoping these branches will get into position by themselves a little over next few days, ill leave her be.. But im going to have to trim a couple of fans soon as the over crowding of growth is crazy, its like looking at a crowd at the Superbowl or sumfin!!!!
All these heads everywhere! Lol..but as i have most staked, its only the inner growth i have to play with a little, im putting up more pics today so you can see what she's like now.. OMG.. Looks like a round bush:)
I was going to perpetual from last grow, but i need to be stealth in a few ways, so having a continuous grow would possibly give away the secret to friends/family or landlord, so i dont like to be 'on the clock' if you know what i mean:winkyface:
Mix things up a little! But ideally thats what i want mate.. Cheers for info as to your trimming near flower, im going to let her be once she grows out some more- i just have to be DR,Greenthumb takin care of a new arrival!
Once she works out which branches she's sending vert, it'll make it easier to tether any branches in the way.
THANK YOU FOR REPLYING BUDDY, YOU"RE A GUN!!:thumb:
Cheers, Smokemup..

Shes taking off! Beautiful! Can't wait to see her finish! I'm out of town today and tomorrow so my Ole Lady is taking care of my babies, Stress! Can't wait to see my girls!i guess in the mean time Ill have to stare at yours! As my beautiful wife would say I can look I just can't touch! :tokin:

LOL..Hope she looks after ur girl on the side, she may get jealous-and be mean to her while your away!!:)
THanks fa comments mate.. Im just hoping im doing alright with her and she comes out roughly how im trying to shape her..
Fingers crossed.. Take it EZ TG, your grow is just about the same as mine ay! Same light, space, shape of plant; Its good as yours is abit ahead of mine, so i m keepin an eye on yours too!
Be cool, later buddy... SMOKEMUP;)

Response to your PM​

I'm doing pretty good how are you doing? and don't worry about bothering me, this is what I get on here for :) I wouldn't mind helping you out in your journal though so it helps others as you've seen my posts in TG"s journal. I'm thinking your going to have a pretty hard time getting penetration if you let the arms grow up 4/5 ft with a 400w HPS bulb.. Because you'll need to have your light another foot above that and that leaves nearly 6 feet to get to any lower branches... Understand?

The largest benefit of LST or SCROG is to keep the plant short and bushy but really wide.. And as you've already said an even canopy :) The even canopy is key to giving all the bud sights even penetration with the lights that we are using.. Ironically all of us are using 400w. While they are great and IMO much better then CFLs or fluorescent they still don't have the penetrating power like 1000w so growing a 5 foot plant I think would be pushing them a little much.

I would personally just keep LST'ing the crap out of her and really get it to bush up the entire pot.. SCROG is always great if you wanted to give it a try. You say you like growing them like Christmas trees so what have you yielded by just letting them grow naturally? and with the same 400w?

And yes I don't trim ANY fan leaves unless it's below the screen or I'm lollipop'ing them (which I would suggest for you to do if your not going to SCROG). The only other suggestion I would have would be to bump up your pH to 6.5 just like I told TG.. +rep for the good work so far!

Hi guys how are we all today?? Hope everyone's nicely baked:blunt:!! Here's an update of my girl.
She has responded pretty well to having a few branches tethered and she has got alot of leaves now and is creating some crowding but i just tuck the leaf away if i can, or just support it so its outta the way from totally blocking heads from getting direct light- one branch almost started to deform, but i think its corected itself now.. Found a strange little bug in my soil today, he must have been the culptir, i saw a small leaf with a little hole in it..He is now dead!!! Theres a small amount of thrips i think??Theyre just tiny lil flyin bugs that sit on the soil,so i spray with little water n they all come up n cant fly cos they wet so squash! They arent eating any leaves,so they amy just be some little soil bug?
Here she is today after her branches been tethered, her growth in middle is crazy, there's heads poppin up everywhere:)
Hope she will grow ok for me?? THanks for stopping by...
2012-07-26_10_02_24.jpg
She's nearly an even canopy now as mid growth comes thru
2012-07-26_10_01_41.jpg
2012-07-26_10_00_48.jpg
2012-07-26_10_00_29.jpg
She has about 20cm more to the left to go before she may go vert..
2012-07-26_09_58_59.jpg

Hope you like how Cindy's coming along.. Any tips, suggestions with LST or light trimming of fan leaves to let some light to lower branch sites. I dont trim every day, just maybe one here and another 2 days later or so.. THANK YOU ALL:adore: SMOKEMUP>>

Looking really good.. All I can really say is don't trim anything! You have an HID for a reason!! The can penetrate through a tiny little leaf and your not flowering yet so don't really worry about blocking bud sites or anything.. The tops will find their way up :)

Response to your PM​

I'm doing pretty good how are you doing? and don't worry about bothering me, this is what I get on here for :) I wouldn't mind helping you out in your journal though so it helps others as you've seen my posts in TG"s journal. I'm thinking your going to have a pretty hard time getting penetration if you let the arms grow up 4/5 ft with a 400w HPS bulb.. Because you'll need to have your light another foot above that and that leaves nearly 6 feet to get to any lower branches... Understand?

The largest benefit of LST or SCROG is to keep the plant short and bushy but really wide.. And as you've already said an even canopy :) The even canopy is key to giving all the bud sights even penetration with the lights that we are using.. Ironically all of us are using 400w. While they are great and IMO much better then CFLs or fluorescent they still don't have the penetrating power like 1000w so growing a 5 foot plant I think would be pushing them a little much.

I would personally just keep LST'ing the crap out of her and really get it to bush up the entire pot.. SCROG is always great if you wanted to give it a try. You say you like growing them like Christmas trees so what have you yielded by just letting them grow naturally? and with the same 400w?

And yes I don't trim ANY fan leaves unless it's below the screen or I'm lollipop'ing them (which I would suggest for you to do if your not going to SCROG). The only other suggestion I would have would be to bump up your pH to 6.5 just like I told TG.. +rep for the good work so far!

Thank you so much for reps mate.. Im stuck with one lone green dot:( LOL.. I have bought a new 600w HPS for her flower, so ill have better penetration. If she gets bushy and fills out my 4.5ft wide space well i may get a decent yield - but yeah, my last grow, with 400w MH and HPS for flower, she grew to bit over 5ft and i got 8 oz of dry cola's and some popcorn from bottom branches. So thats not too bad, half a pound, but i m hoping for slightly bigger this time.
Her pot has an extra 10litres of space than previous and yeah, with the 600w Sontgro HPS i hopin for bit more..
Given her growth at the moment, if she continues along she' will be out past her tethers and can do her own thing-sort of- for a while. Im probably Veg for nearly 3 months or when she hits 4ft, i have 9ft of height in total..Its on a track and i can raise and lower it, so i just move the light every 4-6 hrs so light goes to different sites.. What would be the gain of having a 6.5 PH?? The soil goes between 6.2-6.8, pending on if she's just been fed.
I appreciate all your suggestions bro, very helpful ay!:thanks: I havent really tried an LST before, ive seen great SCROG's etc; but thats not feasable with this grow. So ill LST her to shape her main branches roughly where i want them, let her grow out for next week or so, and will prob have to adjust tethers for last time and she can grow up, and if the inner branches keep growing vert. also , hopefully ill be able to put them into space where they get enuff light..
Take it EZ mate, chat soon, thanks for ya help!! Catch ya, SMOKEMUP;)

Yeah sweet, thanks buddy!:thumb:
I think in say a week or so, she will have grown a bit by then,she'll be out from most of her tethers.. So i can let her make her own way up then and just adjust the branches as needed until flower.
I like how she is set up, last grow the lower branches didnt get to much of the light, i still got some nice cola's but they werent as good as they COULD have been.. I cant be dis appointed with last harvest of 8 oz dry cola's, But i m hoping this girl may give me a little more-alot depends on that so i have to just read her and just make sure she looks happy,isnt stressed and is not smothering itself. IM NOT LOLLI_POPPING HER!!! I dont like the idea of it, the plants look-not right!! So with everyone's help on here i think we will pull thru!!:circle-of-love:
CHEERS EVERYONE FOR ALL YA WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!!:thanks::adore::420: Where would i be without ya's!! Post pics soon. SMOKEMUP...

Im back.. Seems like im posting every time a leaf moves!!
But i have a question, i was just adjusting my girls tether and while i moved some fan leaves, one of the smaller leaves that was sort of bunched in with a couple of other leaves, i noticed it had like a small area that had a sort of moist white spot on it, i sprayed with water n wiped it, it looked to disappear, but as it dried there was a faint white sort of stain left.. It appeared to be some moisture exchange maybe salt build up from moisture from contact of leaves pressing together??? Or is it the dreaded Powder Mold?? How is Powder Mold created/what causes it? I have only heard bad things about PM like people having real trouble with it.. I want to avoid it, im hoping its just from moisture during contact with other leaves.. Now its dried and the leaf is in the light its not like it was, as bad. Any ideas or info as to how to stop or what causes PM. Or does anyone know if leaves are squashed together a little will they leave moisture or such from contacting, like sweat from heat?? THANKS AGAIN, SORRY FOR ALL MY QUESTIONS:(

THANK:thanks::thumb: SMOKEMUP>>>

Back
Top Bottom