Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

* PHOTO UPDATE * 18/6 Cindy
Hello evryone, how are we all today?? Hope things are all well and you re merrily baked:)
Ive taken a few more pics of Cindy today, after her feed yesterday and the light being raised a bit, she has had some nice fresh green growth over night and is starting to grow fairly rapidly now:):) I LOVE IT!! Like to see her pushing out healthy growth thru the canopy.. I tried taking some photo s from back a little, so you mite get some perspective, and her stem formation also..
Here s my girl, Cindy:circle-of-love: Lol..
2012-08-16_09_16_51.jpg
Her stem is awsum!
2012-08-16_09_16_28.jpg
She s now well over 30cm
2012-08-16_09_14_13.jpg
2012-08-16_09_13_56.jpg
2012-08-16_09_13_06.jpg
Few pics from back a little..
2012-08-13_19_31_22.jpg
2012-08-16_09_15_12.jpg
2012-08-16_09_15_40.jpg
Photo s from above showing her new green shoots all growing happily.. Thank you for dropping by and any comments, ideas welcome:) Take care guys, will post more news soon! Take it EZ, SMOKEMUP;)

Thanks Donpaul!!
Im really hopin she keeps growing how she is, the extra feed yesterday has perked her up and its good to see her happy in the morning..
She looks like she s thru the hardest part of her growth and now im pretty certain ill get most of these branches to 5ft at end of flower, i was going to flower her at about 4ft, so ill see what height she's at,at the end of the month and assess her grow from there. But if i CAN get these branches 5ft, i reckon ill at least get close to 8oz again?? :wood:
Thanks for droppin by, have a look at her pics today, and give me your feelings on her hitting 5ft after LST?? Cheers, SMOKEMUP;)

sorry about your freind smokem,sounds abit like you are my neighbor,
when I moved to the house I live in now the area was nice everyone was older and most owned their homes.
now we are trained to sit on the floor if we hear gunshots while watching tv. and that sucks!
I've had my truck stolen 2 times and my wifes van once. so now I'am armed to the teeth.
just aint no way to live. cant wait to get the hell out of dodge:)
anyway happy gardening:peace:

Hi Fishcake:)
Yeah mate, it s pretty shyte way to live ay?? But yeah, since pretty much everyone in town knows me and i have connections all over so i dont tend to cop much crap - its just my mates and other people who still associate with 2 faced people.. I have my 2 boys now, and am here for them all. Unfortunately the only thing i can arm myself with,without getting in ALOTTA SHYTE! -is my 75lb compound bow:) Im still sighting it, but over 50 metre - its no contest:)
There s no real need for that but if it happened where i had to protect my family, id think fast! But yeah, sucks having things stolen, i used to pinch stuff when younger, but now it aint worth it.. And dont want it happening to me..KARMA!!!
Thanks for dropping by my journal buddy, and your convo's are most welcome.. Take it easy, later mate. SMOKEMUP:thumb::thanks:

Howdy ya'll!!
Im a dead set gosh darn tootin texan cowboy! Lol..I just thought i post this link to a you tube vid from here in Australia, its a rip off of 50cents In da club, based on our indigenous cousins here!! Now, yes it is kind of racist, but most of s have a good relationship with our Aboriginal friends, i have many Koori mates who have seen this n love it! Its filmed in Perth, Western Australia, where the local tribe s name is the 'Noongah', theyre great ppl, and they speak like this to us fairly often!! We have had many a fight with em when we re comin out the clubs drunk, and theyre drunk - so this is where this originated from.. Called "OUT THE FRONT":) PLEASE DONT HATE< ITS A LIGHT HEARTED VID, You dont have to watch, but IMO its just funny.. Noongah - Out Da Front (Official Video) - YouTube
Later guys, SMOKEMUP;)

Hello again,
Sorry - i was typing a PM and had a thought.. Out of you guys who have LST experience, have you ever grown an LST to where the branches are at least 5ft tall?? OR - have you seen anyone s journal who's grown a large 1 plant LST?? Im just wondering, if many have LST d a large plant.. As most people LST to sort of keep the plant a little shorter than naturally it would reach.
I was thinking am i the only one who has attempted a 5ft minimal LST height?? Any links to journals or if anyone knows of it able to be done successfully please leave some input!! THANK YOU:thumb:
Take care guys, HAPPY HARVESTING, Smokemup;):thanks:

Hi TG! Long time no see:)
Thanks on my girl being a girl! Lol... She is doing ok, now some of the older leaves are starting to slowly die off and once theyre removed ill be able to access her inner growth alot better.
Its hard for me to get a shot from a distance as id only be able to photograph like half of her or sumfin, cos her space is partially closed off atm. Ill take some more photo s tomorrow, as its been couple days of growth now, and she had a feed today, i added some extra P,K as my nutrients arent in strong concentrations. She was dry again today so thats about 8 litres of water shes absorbing every 2 days now, plus evaporation etc..
Her growth is still looking alright, she s producing well and now im 100% she s a girl - im keen to flower her:)
Thanks for stopping by mate, will post pics tomoz .. Catch ya! Smokemup;):thumb:
Can't wait to see those buds! I don't have enough experiance to say anything other than your doing something RIGHT! Man she has grown a lot and she looks great!

Hello again,
Sorry - i was typing a PM and had a thought.. Out of you guys who have LST experience, have you ever grown an LST to where the branches are at least 5ft tall?? OR - have you seen anyone s journal who's grown a large 1 plant LST?? Im just wondering, if many have LST d a large plant.. As most people LST to sort of keep the plant a little shorter than naturally it would reach.
I was thinking am i the only one who has attempted a 5ft minimal LST height?? Any links to journals or if anyone knows of it able to be done successfully please leave some input!! THANK YOU:thumb:
go into the member galleries, I just saw some pics they were called "Med Grow" once I go into the gallery with my phone all I can see is the pictures and the names of the pictures, but it must not have been posted long ago for me to have just seen it so check it out, I might get my lap top out. Fricking phones man, I can't upload pics from my iPhone to the gallery for some reason.

Thanks TG!:goodjob: Ill try find it...

Well Fuzzy,
im trying to find out if anyone has LST'd a plant to grow it over 5ft?? Im interested to know if its been done and WOULD REALLY LIKE to see pics, and see how it grew and the yield size- As this is my goal. She is already getting closer to 2ft now,just over a month.. I wanted 3ft at least before flower.. If ANYONE has seen or known of LST being done to this height too, please send me a post.. Thanks guys, SMOKEMUP;)

Er moved this question from the other thread to here...

I'm not aware of anybody lsting a plant to a grand height of 5 foot as most growers are some what stumped by height of growing area on average.

I don't see why its not possible tho :thumb:

Ultimately its down to strain growth habit sativa/indica cross traits etc & total over all veg time ! plus we must factor in stretch once plants have been put into flowering phase which may mean another 12 inch to 36 inch of new addittional growth as an educated guess.

Only time will tell & i'm sure many are excited by the end results as lsting/vegging a plant to 5 foot or near 5 foot is some what pioneering by most peoples growing habits/styles :goodjob:

Keep up the good work.

Hello again,

if you look close you can see the ropes...update new camera - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I really hope your friend is OK Smokem xx

Cindy is looking absolutely stunning, it's a shame I've not been around to see her grow as much as I would have liked but what a nice sight seeing her now is!

Hey smokeem. I was wondering if you ever encountered pest/bug problems throughout your grow? I have tiny springtails that move to the surface when i water them, not very many, maybe like 3 a cup.I know they're good for soil. but if you do have them, do you usually just leave them in there or take them out, and how?

Thanks Fuzzy!!
I hear MIWA 's laughter.... So i went to see why he was amused...
Bugger s got about a 5ft LST in his yard!!:) BUT she is outdoors!! So maybe indoors, mine will be a little "pioneering:)" Lol.. And i may veg her for 3months if i have to.. I know its a slow turn around, but from this will come grander things!:thumb:
I HAVE A DREAM>> That shyte!
Later buddy, Smokemup..

Smokemup wonders.. Why are you laughing so hard??
Then checks your pics... :( You shifty bugger!! You have this big ass LST happening all along!!
BUT - THEY ARE OUT DOOR!!! Mines in a smaller space still:) Lookin good tho, looks like its flowering, how long to go??
Id be really interested to see her when she's finished bro, Some cola's look great, but i dont know if mine will be similar or smaller in size than yours thus far??
Id like to think i can pull another half pound off this, how tall are your LST s atm?? And width - roughly??
Thanks for posting them, and i couldnt miss the ropes - i think its photo shopped - JUST TO TRY SHOW OFF!!:laughtwo:
Keep me informed as to how she progresses ok mate, you have inspired me! Did you raise her indoor , then move em out??
Cheers MIWA, take it easy.. SMOKEMUP

Smokemup wonders.. Why are you laughing so hard??
Then checks your pics... :( You shifty bugger!! You have this big ass LST happening all along!!
BUT - THEY ARE OUT DOOR!!! Mines in a smaller space still:) Lookin good tho, looks like its flowering, how long to go??
Id be really interested to see her when she's finished bro, Some cola's look great, but i dont know if mine will be similar or smaller in size than yours thus far??
Id like to think i can pull another half pound off this, how tall are your LST s atm?? And width - roughly??
Thanks for posting them, and i couldnt miss the ropes - i think its photo shopped - JUST TO TRY SHOW OFF!!:laughtwo:
Keep me informed as to how she progresses ok mate, you have inspired me! Did you raise her indoor , then move em out??
Cheers MIWA, take it easy.. SMOKEMUP

wht up Smoke ..that was my last years grow...its in my other journal..yeah...i was laughing...but not now...go look what i just posted on my journsl...

I really hope your friend is OK Smokem xx

Cindy is looking absolutely stunning, it's a shame I've not been around to see her grow as much as I would have liked but what a nice sight seeing her now is!

FLUFFY:)
HELLO CHICK!! Thanks for stopping in... Yeah my friend is stable, fractured neck, l2 vertebrae, and 3 broken ribs and collar bone..He s in good hands. And Its fine youve been busy mate, least you can see the difference from how cindy was few weeks ago til now! She's doing well and is on her way to 3ft by end of month:) Ive had to trim fans here and there but now she s getting more light into lower canopy and the shoots are coming up thru in the middle. Hoping i get good growth from them too, not all will make it thru, some arent very well formed, so may trim them..
Anyways, take care FLUFFY and chat soon k:) SMOKEMUP

Hey smokeem. I was wondering if you ever encountered pest/bug problems throughout your grow? I have tiny springtails that move to the surface when i water them, not very many, maybe like 3 a cup.I know they're good for soil. but if you do have them, do you usually just leave them in there or take them out, and how?

Hi Jose,
Ive only ever had a small white fly prob my last grow as she was outdoors a while.. But this grow, ive only had these tiny little black flying bugs? Not thrips as theyre not attacking my girl, just under the top soil a bit and yeah when i water they crawl to the surface n try fly off.. I just squash em with my fingers! One by one as i see em, but now there s not many at all.. Since i put some fresh Humus soil on top, they seemed to like the tiny wood chips in my mix to hide in.. As long as theyre not eating your girl or a large amount, dont stress on them. One morning i noticed a leaf that had been chewed, i knew there was a sniper SOMEWHERE, so i sprayed the soil with water and sure enuf,a little black and red grub emerged from the soil and he looked EVIL!! So he got the finger treatment too and have not had any pests since... Goodluck buddy:) Smokemup

wht up Smoke ..that was my last years grow...its in my other journal..yeah...i was laughing...but not now...go look what i just posted on my journsl...

Yeah thats a sad sight my friend... I feel ya pain:( Just like me, i only play with females, so id pull it.. SORRY!!! That sux!
Bloody male plants, a month a go i got some bud, i thought was nice solid bud.. Got home, smelled great, opened it up and as went to chop up " CRUNCH" bloody seeds, out of 3g i got 92 seeds!!! DEAD SET!! they weighed 2.1g...by time i pulled seed out was left with seed pods, stem and pistils:( GRRRRR X( Well just stick them seeds with the black stripes across em and the grey color.. Germinate a few and see which one/s look healthiest from sprout.. GODSPEED< and Hope you have some girls to care for soon enuf:) Later Miwa,
SMOKEM. Thanks for dropping by!!

Back
Top Bottom