OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1LB!?

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

I have the same co2meter....great lookin plants, I dig....happy grow

Yeeeeeaaaaah. thrifty shoppers think alike..

Re: OG Kush Round 2- In Soil - 1000Watt HPS - GH utes - CO2- Flipped Now- Going For 1

Subbed!

I missed the description (if you did), but could you tell me what the small clear bottle with the tubing attached to its top is used for? I know it could be anything, but the small chamber on the cap has me intrigued.

:bravo:
:goodjob:

Subbed!

I missed the description (if you did), but could you tell me what the small clear bottle with the tubing attached to its top is used for? I know it could be anything, but the small chamber on the cap has me intrigued.

:bravo:
:goodjob:

It's the same as an air lock. Like the ones brewers use for wine and beer, just home made.
It's designed to have the CO2 pass through the water in that chamber to keep everything air tight and sterilized.
Then the only thing coming out of the tubing is straight CO2. Cuts down on the yeasty smell a bit too.
Its made with a piece of tubing and 2 2L bottle caps stuffed in the ends. Holes poked in each end to stuff smaller tubing through.
Search DIY CO2 dispenser and you should find a few threads about them. They're a cheap alternative to more expensive CO2 dispensing methods. Mind you it doesn't enrich your room to 1600 ppm which is ideal, but it gives them a little boost. Perfect for smaller veg areas that can utilize the smaller amounts.

Thanks for the information. I started using CO2 from a tank recently, but am dosing my tent manually about 3 or 4 times a day. I have put off buying an automated controller but think it would greatly benefit my current crop if I maximized the CO2 with the temperature controlling the fan. I'll be watching your grow enthusiastically!

Right on Aardvark!!
I did the manual thing for a bit and it stunted growth for almost a week in mid flower.
Being able to know exactly how much gas you're throwing down in your space? I think, comes down to having either a controller? or a CO2 meter..
After getting one, (a CO2 meter) I've found it really helps with getting the dispersal times and exhaust times figured out.
But I'll say this, all the "F"in around with timers and fans just trying to get it dialed in? shit! there were times where I had wished I had just bought one of those fancy shmancy worry free digital controller's from the get go. Because it is kind of hard to maintain that even flow, (manually) unless of course you're living in your grow 24/7. So for now, I'll just keep running digital timers on my fans, and stick to my CO2 dispersal regime.

Of course, that is until a digital CO2 controller falls from the sky into my lap.
And a briefcase with 10 million dollars in it too please.

Here are some photos from today.

day 18 of flower!
OG_3_day_18_2web.jpg
OG_3_day_18_3web.jpg
OG_3_day_18_4web.jpg
OG_3_day_18_5.jpg
OG_3_day_18_7web.jpg
OG_3_day_18_1.jpg

Nice! I need to take better pictures; the new camera takes getting used to. Yours are perfect.

I did figure out what my CO2 dosing should be like in my tent, being 87 cubic feet, I run this formula that I got a few months back from an online resource that appeared to be legitimate:

Managing My CO2:

87 CF * 0.1012=0.1044
0.1044 ÷ 3 = 0.0348
0.0348 ÷ 2 = Flowmeter Setting in CF/PM = .0174

This is what it would need on a continuous basis to maintain 1500 PPM CO2. When doing mine manually, I run the meter at 25 CF/PM for 3 minutes, then turn it off and let it "soak" for 15-30 minutes.

If you replace the "87" with the size of your room, the formula will produce the same PPM for your room or tent. The only problem is cooling. The timer could be set to turn on the exhaust 150 or 30 minutes after the CO2 runs for 15 minutes, producing a wide fluctuation in temperature sometimes - unless you have a ventilated light fixture.

I have been seriously considering getting the C.A.P. Extreme Greenhouse Controller that has automatic CO2 and temperature controls that optimize CO2 usage by cycling the fans to maintain temperature using "fuzzy logic". It costs $870 new w/5-year warranty, which is way too high for me. But they also offer refurbished units for only $420, with the same warranty. I have heard from two different retailers that the controllers from C.A.P. have reliability issues, though and even though these people could not provide specifics on the particular model, etc. it still made me think twice. I am going to request reliability and warranty replacement details from the company to see whether their policies will assuage my fears of having a crop failure while I take a 3-day trip due to defective equipment.

Thanks Ardvark!
I've used that same CO2 calculator before as well. It's a great but that's just the thing, it always comes down to your exhausting..which really makes it different for everyone. Some people are dealing with some pretty seriously high heats, (even though plants can tolerate higher temps while on CO2) so turning off the exhaust for 15-30 minutes (I'm guessing 150 minutes was a typo lol) while rocking 1000 watter's, temps can get a bit TOO high.
Enter AC stage left..
I consider myself lucky that I don't have to deal with such high heats where I live. And having my HPS sucked through a cooltube by a 300 CFM elicent exhaust fan helps tremendously in keeping my temps down. Having a speed controller on my exhaust fan is a huge advantage too.
I'd love to get one of those controllers too. They would make everything so much easier!! Looking at a few used controllers locally, a Matador, and a Crossfire, for pretty reasonable prices. I'm not so sure I can justify it for this grow, but maybe on the next one I'll throw down on one.

I am going to request reliability and warranty replacement details from the company to see whether their policies will assuage my fears of having a crop failure while I take a 3-day trip due to defective equipment.

I hear ya on the having a failure while out thing. Major worry for me too. I want to have complete confidence in my equipment before I go anywhere for 3 days.haven't heard about the C.A.P.'s having reliability issues, so thanks for the heads up. Please let me know when and if you hear back from them. Any knowledge I can gain about these controllers before making a purchase is a big help.

cheers!

day 21 flowering!
So, Just a quick photo update...
These were taken yesterday at lights on after a good feed. I did a pretty heavy defoliation and re directed a lot of buds, staking, tying, organizing. They all seem to have more room now, and everyone seems lit. Buds are really starting to frost up and stack nicely. I couldn't be happier with how things are progressing!

day_21_12.jpg

day_21_31.jpg
day_21_21.jpg
day_21_5.jpg
day_21_41.jpg
day_21_7.jpg

These are the 17 clones that just were just transplanted.
I've got some LST plans for the lady in the big pot!!
day_21_6.jpg

Super nice job! Great plants and pics. Those plants are really tracking nicely, and are developing great for only being day 21. :bravo:

+rep

Super nice job! Great plants and pics. Those plants are really tracking nicely, and are developing great for only being day 21. :bravo:

+rep

Thank you so much for the comments and reps bro!
It means a lot coming from you.:thanks:

day 23 flower!!!! :peace:
These Gangster ladies are really starting to frost up!!
3rdwk_day23_9.jpg
3rdwk_day23_5.jpg
3rdwk_day23_7.jpg
3rdwk_day23_2.jpg

this grow is looking really good. I'm not a dirt guy either but I'm subbed!

Thanks Bassman.
Pleasure to have you!

Hi Vick!
Beautiful, and once again, looking really well developed for their age - and very frosty! :goodjob:

Thanks guys!
I did a pretty heavy defoiliation yesterday, and will be taking more photos tonight.

day 28 flowering!!
Not much else to mention other than things seem to be going great!
I can't believe how fast these OG's are progressing compared to my last grow.
At day 28 last time, my buds weren't even 1/2 as big as these.
The dramatic weather change right now couldn't be better for creating a perfect environment for them.
Maintaining from 74 to 83 degrees F! day and night. CO2 seems dialed. Looks like 15 clones are rooted and trucking along nicely towards their turn next in line. Health is pretty good, my pain is "managed" Things are really looking up. Wish some other members were feeling as good as I was this week.
I'm sending good health and positive growing vibes to you all!:peace:
day28_1.jpg
day28_8.jpg
day28_7.jpg
day28_2.jpg
day28_3.jpg
day28_4.jpg
getting pretty sticky!!!!

A few photo's from lights on tonight, day 31 of flower..
day_31_11.jpg
day_31_31.jpg
day_31_6.jpg

day_31_41.jpg

I bent one and got scared.. Should I do em all?? Just worried I'm too far into flower. I need a push off the cliff here..
day_31_21.jpg
day_31_2_5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom