OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2

I know you will over come Pop's and me I also have to grow alot of different strains. To me half the fun is trying out strains. Keepem Green

Awesome. Love the plan for the 1/2 SOG, and cloning. That's super cool about you and Jo. Best news I've heard all day! :thumb:

Oh, and may have to give one of those strains a try, you sure steered me right on the Lucy. :bong:

Hi again Buddy :high-five:

A month ago the Doctor changed her medicine and 95% of her pain is gone. She is happy again and it has translated into something very good for both of us. She's happy and needless say I'm happy! :cheer:

I know you will over come Pop's and me I also have to grow alot of different strains. To me half the fun is trying out strains. Keepem Green

Thanks Sprout!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Whole lot of new strains coming up soon! :high-five:

Hey OMM don't feel like the SOG is for "bad strains"....You can get 2-3 oz from a sativa grown 12/12 from seed given good light and good environment. Each plant will take up about 1 sq/foot....lets just say, you will have plenty of room to move around in your tent. 12/12 from seed will save you electric over veg cycle. 12/12 is not for indica dom strains. You may want to get DocBud's recommendation on whether to top for 4 colas or let grow for single main cola after seeing his most recent harvest......

Hey there good buddy!! Great to hear you and Jo are hitting a second romance!!! I bet she feels lucky to have you. And I am sure you feel the same way about her!! You are a pretty cool dude!!!
Thank you for letting us know that Old Farts have fun too. I am closer to 50. So you give me hope!!! :circle-of-love:

I am really looking forward to see your sog! This is going to be interesting!!!
:thumb:

Hey OMM don't feel like the SOG is for "bad strains"....You can get 2-3 oz from a sativa grown 12/12 from seed given good light and good environment. Each plant will take up about 1 sq/foot....lets just say, you will have plenty of room to move around in your tent. 12/12 from seed will save you electric over veg cycle. 12/12 is not for indica dom strains. You may want to get DocBud's recommendation on whether to top for 4 colas or let grow for single main cola after seeing his most recent harvest......

Hi OG13. I think I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is some will be very good strains. I honestly didn't think the yield would be that good. That's great the 10 plants will be on a 24 sq ft tray.
I've been reading 420fied's SOG journal and he doesn't get near the yield your talking about,,,,,I like your version best. I'm also rethinking what to grow, maybe not, I can veg indica s for a bit. I'll go look at Doc Buds advice.

Speaking of advice, thanks for all of yours. I highly regard what you have to say my friend.

Hey there good buddy!! Great to hear you and Jo are hitting a second romance!!! I bet she feels lucky to have you. And I am sure you feel the same way about her!! You are a pretty cood dude!!!
Thank you for letting us know that Old Farts have fun too. I am closer to 50. So you give me hope!!! :circle-of-love:

I am really looking forward to see your sog! This is going to be interesting!!!
:thumb:

Howdy Closet Farmer! :high-five:
Yep! There's love in the air around here again. She had been in pain for so long she just couldn't cope sometimes. You would not believe the change in her. That alone makes me very happy.

Interesting is a good description! Should be fun at any rate. Other than the SOG, I'll be growing some old favorites too. Getting fired up! :surf::surf:

Hi OMM,

Well it took me about 3 hours but I'm all caught up again...I was 10 days/11 pages behind.

Nice harvest, even if it was a little light in the weight dept. Sounds like all of them gave you good results even if they were small.

So happy to hear the goods about you and Jo. That's so wonderful.

I'm glad to see you trying new things in the grow room, I like the experiments I've tried so far and I learn something new all the time. I think you'll be happy with the results, sounds like you and THsea have a good plan.

Sorry to hear about the bugs you found, I knew something wasn't right with her, but I never suspected slugs, have you ever seen them in your yard? Be sure not to let them inside the house/grow room in the future...yuk.

Can't wait to watch the new grow, and as always...love the stories.

:circle-of-love:

Unreal.......pest problems huh.....I was lucky the only thing i have in my room is gnats that get through window screen, i still gotta keep them in check tho, i will take my root ball out to to see the damage, also will be cleaning up the shower really well, i see how important it is to keep it clean Twelve told me he cleans his area out like once a week or two, i think i will do that for next grow and see if gnat population goes down, i never had issues with spider mites tho i must say, i did when outdoors, i hope they never find their way in. 2 oz, is mighty nice, i realize i can break the tiniest piece off and it gets me far, especially with you having so many strains that if you feel it is not as strong you can change it up, awesome.:Namaste:

:nomo::nomo::nomo::trance: Well, I finally caught up again.
Thanx so much for your shout out to my grow. I was shocked to come on line and see 20 new likes.:thedoubletake: I was blown away! Now I see why. A recommendation from OMM carries weight. I am honored, sir!
That class you took does sound like "Men Who Stare At Goats". LOL Very interesting and informative.
Sorry you didn't yield very much, but glad it made up for quantity with quality. Just remember to savor them! Also sorry the bugs liked your Chocolope. But, can you blame them? Nevertheless they must be banished!
I'm happy to hear y'all are rekindling your old flame. Equally, that Jo is free from her pain prison and able to be herself.
This SOG idea is a good one. Maybe even a SCOG if they try to get leggy. That electric bill is tough to get around. I think lack of light was the only thing holding them back. I also believe your creative ingenuity will solve the problem. All in all, you've done great with what you had to deal with!
Everyone has had such great and informative discussions here, too!
I have good feelings for your future endeavors. This is the year of the dragon, and I think for you and Jo it is Falkor the Luck Dragon!
:bravo::Namaste:

PS: Sorry everyone. I'm going straight to y'all journals next. I've been short of time, and keeping up with OMM saga has become somewhat of an obsession!:peace:

Hi OMM,

Well it took me about 3 hours but I'm all caught up again...I was 10 days/11 pages behind.

Nice harvest, even if it was a little light in the weight dept. Sounds like all of them gave you good results even if they were small.

So happy to hear the goods about you and Jo. That's so wonderful.

I'm glad to see you trying new things in the grow room, I like the experiments I've tried so far and I learn something new all the time. I think you'll be happy with the results, sounds like you and THsea have a good plan.

Sorry to hear about the bugs you found, I knew something wasn't right with her, but I never suspected slugs, have you ever seen them in your yard? Be sure not to let them inside the house/grow room in the future...yuk.

Can't wait to watch the new grow, and as always...love the stories.

:circle-of-love:

Hi sqwheels! :Namaste:

Glad you caught up, should be easier now as this grow nears the end.
The stories will continue in the next grow.:Namaste:

Your right...small amounts, but good smoke. :love: Yea, Jo and I are still in our little rosie cloud floating along! :thumb:

I've never seen a slug around here before. It had to have been in the pot before I brought it in. Yuk!

I kind of think of each of my grows as an experiment. In only two of them have I kept them the same. I've learned allot along the way. I try to keep what has worked before in my mind while planning the next grow. This next one will surely be an experiment and a learning lab. I like trying different ways of doing things. You do too! :thumb:

:nomo::nomo::nomo::trance: Well, I finally caught up again.
Thanx so much for your shout out to my grow. I was shocked to come on line and see 20 new likes.:thedoubletake: I was blown away! Now I see why. A recommendation from OMM carries weight. I am honored, sir!
That class you took does sound like "Men Who Stare At Goats". LOL Very interesting and informative.
Sorry you didn't yield very much, but glad it made up for quantity with quality. Just remember to savor them! Also sorry the bugs liked your Chocolope. But, can you blame them? Nevertheless they must be banished!
I'm happy to hear y'all are rekindling your old flame. Equally, that Jo is free from her pain prison and able to be herself.
This SOG idea is a good one. Maybe even a SCOG if they try to get leggy. That electric bill is tough to get around. I think lack of light was the only thing holding them back. I also believe your creative ingenuity will solve the problem. All in all, you've done great with what you had to deal with!
Everyone has had such great and informative discussions here, too!
I have good feelings for your future endeavors. This is the year of the dragon, and I think for you and Jo it is Falkor the Luck Dragon!
:bravo::Namaste:

PS: Sorry everyone. I'm going straight to y'all journals next. I've been short of time, and keeping up with OMM saga has become somewhat of an obsession!:peace:

Hi tricome.:high-five:
Glad your caught up. There will be more stories next grow. :surf:

You don't have to thank me my friend. All I did was tell the truth about your grow. Folks looked in on you and agreed with me!:grinjoint: I did create more work for you though! :)

Jo and I are having a great time now......can't say that enough! :love:

Thanks for the good words about my grow. I have ended up with some good smoke from it. :adore::adore:

Love-----Falkor the Luck Dragon! :cheer: Thanks.

I almost feel that what ever I do with the next grow.....it will better than this one.:ganjamon:

I love the discussions too, we all learn! Take care! :thumb:

Unreal.......pest problems huh.....I was lucky the only thing i have in my room is gnats that get through window screen, i still gotta keep them in check tho, i will take my root ball out to to see the damage, also will be cleaning up the shower really well, i see how important it is to keep it clean Twelve told me he cleans his area out like once a week or two, i think i will do that for next grow and see if gnat population goes down, i never had issues with spider mites tho i must say, i did when outdoors, i hope they never find their way in. 2 oz, is mighty nice, i realize i can break the tiniest piece off and it gets me far, especially with you having so many strains that if you feel it is not as strong you can change it up, awesome.:Namaste:

Hi kola bear! :high-five:

Couldn't tell the bugs were there at all and it was only in one pot. Living in this climate I have always had a fear of bugs. This and leaf miners are all I've ever had. Knock on wood! Twelve12 is definitely right. Clean everything. THsea and I have already started sterilizing things already. I wash all my airpots with a bleach solution every time I use them. Soon as the last plants are gone, the tent is next.
Your right 2 oz of good smoke will last a while.:high-five: Glad your smoke is so good too! :surf:

Hi All ! :thumb:

Well I have 7 more grams of good smoke.:surf:

The Anesthesia is a good indica stone and lasts quite a while! :love:

All I can tell you about my plants is the effect....my taste buds went south a long time ago. When I wrap up this journal, I'll ask THsea to do a smoke report on each, if there is any left! :bravo:

Hey Uncle O, so you had a slimy critter in your soil...no wonder :lot-o-toke:

It's nice to hear you and aunt Jo are in good spirits with each other...:circle-of-love: hope things stay like that and she doesn't kick your plants around when you do something to tick'er off :yikes:. lol

SoG can work real nice for you my friend as long as you can keep up with the harvesting...

I just put 2 of those Vantage clones up in the flower room, I'll be harvesting once a month from now on.

Hey OMM, yeah, 12/12 from seed is way different from 12/12 from clone. For the first 3 weeks the seeds are growing roots and getting "mature". They should show sex around the 3rd or 4th week. Should finish between 2.5 and 3.5 feet tall, I've only done untopped and plan for a main stem/cola and 4-6 side colas. If they get too stretchy, supercrop the top to slow them down. Tie the side branches to the main stem to keep them from spreading out, keep the plants close together to maximize light (think 420fied). Use about a 1.3-2.1 gallon airpot to conserve some soil. If you are feeding them (not running supersoil) don't be afraid to defoliate to allow light penetration. I would expect a minimum of an oz per plant under a 600, 2-3 with great conditions and a 1000 watt. DocBud did some hempy/OC+ runs last year where he compared 12/12 from seed to having some veg before the flip....I don't think you will have the light to do the veg first.

Back
Top Bottom