OMM's Aloha Journal Part III

I didn't go through all that process
I just threw it in a bucket mushed around for awhile and drained it out squeezed it out
boiled down on 250 then finished on 220
decarbed fine
I did it in the butter machine I wouldn't advise it tho as it boils below the low line
which says can cause damage to the machine
but it did work

fyi all talked to our buddy today he says hes been a bit sickly but hes still kickin :thumb:

Tell him get better soon and me an missP send all our very best :circle-of-love:
:hug::hug::allgood::thanks:

I sure will Brother but his memory isn't what it used to be I'm sure he remembers you tho :thumb:

CHH,,,rice cooker.... Rice cooker for any size at all batch. But if you want to make a small batch this the ticket,
How to Make a Small Batch of Rick Simpson Oil - YouTube
I may have posted this before, but it is worth looking at. You can do any size batch like this and finish in less that an hour I'd imagine. I did a full liter of ever clear the first time with her method. I didn't have a hot plate so I did my on the stove. Is electric but I turned it off after I had a big pot of boiling water. It wood cool and I had to reheat it. That was the first batch I did. But like I said, if your going to do 4 or 5 oz's and 1 or 2 liters of solvent, the rice cooker is the ticket. That's how I did my second batch. Hella easy, You pay alittle attention to the bubbling and adjust accordingly.
Funny back in Arkansas I use to flash off alot of alcohol. Tons of it,,, right from the working pot, thru the thumper box,,,, into the condenser coil, or 'the worm', then into gallon milk jugs and off to market. Big market for the moonshine still. 1980's it was 25$ a gallon. Now I hear it's over 30$. People want Real Moonshine' to treat the friends to a taste of every now and them.
Keepem Green

whats the highest temp in that rice cooker?
I don't want to have to decarb in the oven before I cook

The temperature is what ever the boiling point of the solvent is....about 190 deg F or so for everclear.

well my oil was good and worked I was just curious of the highest temp a rice cooker gets too since woody was suggesting it
if the temps too low on a rice cooker herb needs to be decarbed first so was just curious
Thanks Brotha 420 :thumb:
and I will :circle-of-love:

I did alittle read on that CHH. From what I understand they say to decarb at 215? But alot of variables involved. Time being one. I seen with the rice cooker it was a violent boil and alcohol boils starts to boil at 180?, safe to say it was 200 for about 45 minutes. I even had to back down on the heat from time to time. I'd I'd imagine the cannabinoid THCA, is as close to it's pure raw form as it's going to get when it's suspended in a solvent, so it shouldn't take as much heat or as long to totally permeate? I've read this afew different places, not that I know for sure on any of this. But THCA will naturally decrab into THC at room temperature, that takes time and heat shortens that time. The heat from smoking decarbs pot as it vapourisers. Is why you get ALOT higher smoking a joint than just eating it. But I have gotten stoned eating raw hash? Least I think I remember was alot of years back I had to eat some of that Black Bubblegum Hash before the cops found it. I do remember being sick to my stomach in jail for the night. Oh well they didn't get the hash and I got out.
You know I'd imagine you have nothing to worry about having to decarb before making RSO,, if the man they named it after, not that he invented it, it's been around for along time, decades, does it that way, it's good enough for me. You should see the list of solvents that can be used. The ones that 'flash off' the fastest are some flammable shit. Shit like Hexane and Naptha could blow ya sky high. You want scary,, you should see what these big pharma companies use to break shit down with... Starting to sound like a chemistry set kicking off around here.
Keepem Green

I think alcohol boils off at 170 if I'm not mistaken I think it was mentioned on moonshiners :rofl:
well if the rice cooker can hit 200 I don't see why it wont decarb
just would take longer its why I like to cook it off at 250f
even tho the water and the alcohol are boiling off the heat is still running at 250
so its decarbing just as quick as it can boil off
but a lot of weed doesn't equal a lot of rso
I coulda left it where it was and it was good enough and thered be a lot more doses but
I just didn't like the idea our buddy might get dizzy off the alcohol
its why I took it down to rso
I'm sure he used it up right quik :rofl:

:cheesygrinsmiley:

talked to our buddy a couple days ago hes still kinda spinning as far as his mind is going but
hes still chugging along and still sounds the same :thumb:

err I forgot to call him today and its kinda late already so
ill try and hit him up tomorrow if I'm not too busy and remember
I'm hooking up a new nvr system with 3mp cams
getting rid of the old dvr
anywho I'm off to vegas in march for the cannabis cup :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom