Papaya - CFL - Stealth - DWC - Hydro Grow Journal

I trimmed up a few more of the lower fan leaves.... after reading ive found about 50 percent say to cut them and 50 percent say not to cut them.... in my situation i feel that i am doing the right thing i left the biggest ones but they are about half the way up. I only trimmed the lower ones.

Day 33! Day 5 of Flower! Shes doing great! I upped the nutes to around 550 ppm. I took the half scrog string down... It wasnt performing like i wanted it to. I tied the main steams down so i can train them where i want them to go. I have it pretty even. She is stretching a little so i had to do something to make room and make sure i can control her and the net just wasnt doing it. No pic for today ill post one tomorrow so you can see the growth difference.

No signs of sex yet! Should be any day hopefully.

Clones are doing great! No root growth yet though. I hope at least 1 or 2 turn ok and grow some! Should be about another week for root growth. They are slow the way i do them but thats ok im in no hurry.

Also installed a pc fan blowing on the CFL lights.. With all 12 bunched up they were getting pretty hot making the power strips HOT. I didnt like this and thought it could possibly be a fire hazard. Fan works great and are now cool to the touch.

Ok i just took some pics before she goes to sleep! I couldnt resist... The growth from 24 hours is just amazing... Shes filling in nice! I cant wait to see some PISTOLS!! :circle-of-love::love::circle-of-love:

day33.png

day332.png

Thanks for stopping by! She is starting to show i can see hopefully pistols forming on her... Very small shes in day 6 flower so i will see in the morning. I have my fingers crossed. They are feminized seeds so i hope it turns out female!

Also just ordered a 4x4 tent from lighthouse Hydro i will be doing a small review on! I might transfer PAPAYA to it but im unsure yet. Also about to place a order for a nice LED but that might be a week or 2! Ill keep you updated!

:thumb::420:

Day 35! Day 7 of flower! PAPAYA is still stretching! She is showing signs of sex but still to early. Fingers Crossed!!! My RH is running high when the lights are off... I keep my fans on while she sleeps. Any idea how to bring it down some?

Also raised my PPM to 700

Heres a pic! Shes getting BIG

day35.png

Day 36 from seed and day 8 of flower! GUESS WHO GOT A NEW HOME!?! PAPAYA!!!!

She is starting to show sex. Im seeing growth but still cant confirm pistols! We have been through a lot so i hope she is.... well a she... haha.

Lighthouse hydro tent IS AWESOME! Small review :

PROS: Nice packaging.
-METAL JOINTS!!! I CANT SAY THIS ENOUGH!!!! NO PLASTIC ON LIGHTHOUSE HYDRO!!!
-Very simple and easy to put up.
-Zippers have flaps on the inside and outside that over lap the zips so no light leakage.
-Over sized zippers.
-access port on both sides along with full front opening.
-View window so you dont have to open it to view.
-Comes with 4 duct ports (10 inch adjustable)( 2 on each side) They have a double sock, on on the inside and one on outside with pull strings for double light proof. These are awesome! so easy.
-I put it up 2 times by myself. I bought the 4X4X7 AND ITS HUGE! I planned it all out and measured and knew what i was buying but once up this thing is huge lol... You can do measurements all day but until you see it its hard to tell. I put it up and decided i was going to move it, it was just to big so i had to take it down and put back up :thedoubletake:
-The whole design is great. I really like it and would purchase another one.

CONS:
-When you zip the front closed one of my zippers does not have stop on it... They didnt round the edge where it should stop at so the zipper can just come completely off!!! I actually did it and it was a disaster! Took my 30 mins to get it threaded back on right... Going to tape this or something to make sure it doesnt come all the way off again. One one zipper end thats like this...
-Very few small pin hole light leaks. They are on the very corners where there is no overlap. Im still pretty impressed there not more because its hard to make a fabric light proof when sewing seams... This should not pose a problem.
-There is a floor liner than comes with it! When the two materials are together (the floor and the liner) they are SLIPPERY! You have to walk carefully.

There is only really one con in my opinion and that is the Zipper... Other are small stuff that can be fixed or corrected.

Overall ill give it 8 out of 10.

If price is included i will give it a 10 out of 10. Im sure the gorrilla tents or some of those $500+ are better made but the price on this one make it a winner.

Price with 2 day shipping $138

Ok so here PAPAYA and new home! She has so much room! =)

day361.png

day362.png

Day 37 from seed and day 9 of flower!

Ok so i added 2 more bulbs! 1 - 150 watt 2700k and 1 - 26w 2700k to the sides! This big tent i can add more now lol.. Shes doing great! Im watching her show sex by the hour lol but still not enough to tell if its female should be about 3 more days and hopefully have full pistols coming out! Still only showing the forming of it.. I have 488 actual watts of CFL bulbs so i believe this should be efficient for a good harvest! Im hopefully going to order my LED in the next couple weeks. Im getting rdy to start a larger grown with 4 - 6 plants in soil. So ill keep you updated and most likely start a new journal when that goes down.

Just sitting around watching her grow! :dreamy:

Tent temps are High 81 and lows of 70 and RH high of 45 and low of 30. I hope it stays pretty steady.

Day 39 from seed and day 11 of flower!

WE HAVE PISTOLS!!! Well only 1 or 2 lol... All i have is my phone camera so once they grow out a little more ill take some pics so you can see them. She sure took long enough! I know this is probably normal but i was sitting around trying to watch em grow lol... Pics will be tonight!

I need to order some Cal/Mag im showing a mag def on the lower leaves a little. The botanicare has a percentage of mag in it but im guessing its not enough for her. Raised pH to 6.0 im trying to see if i can get her to uptake some mag from the water and see if thats the problem. The mag def is on the lower leaves I should have cut most likely anyway so im not to worried. Just dont want it to get out of control!

:thanks::cheer::circle-of-love::love::high-five::thumb:

Day 40 from seed and day 12 of flower!

She stretched a lot today! I will post a pic a little later before lights off! Also purchased a nice 35 pint dehumidifier! My RH was rising to over 60% when lights off so i didnt want to mold my buds when they start forming. I have it set on 45%! If this is to high or low someone please let me know. I believe that should be about perfect!

Day 41 from seed and day 13 of flower!

Today is not my day lol.... Few problems all my fault today...

I went to check on her about 30 mins after the lights turn on. I opened the tent and the damn lights were off still.. I didnt know what was going on. So my timer had came unplugged enough to cut off... I dont know how this happened as i checked around lights off time and it was off? Oh well.. She might have got about 13 hours lights off today lol...

Reservoir change today... Papaya is getting top heavy for the small 3 inch pot and sterlite container. She fell through the plastic lid when doing the water change.. This was a PAIN. finally worked her back through the hole, hope she just thinks a windy storm came through or something haha... The plastic did cut one of her new smallest roots that was coming out the netpot... Only about 1 inch but i couldnt help it. I dont think this will slow her down to much... And broke one medium sized fan leaf off... Im glad this is all that happened as it could have been really bad. My next grow will def be in soil....

Res changed and nutes PPM is at 1000 now. Im seeing a little bit of yellowing leaves on some of the smaller tops so im guessing i need to feed her more. I will up them to around 1100 over the next 24 hours.

Cal/Mag will be here tomorrow and i can start her on that also!

Dehumidifier is working wonders! Keeping my RH at 45% through the night. It gathered about 12 oz of water last night. I was about 1/8 full i went ahead and dumped it.

UPDATE ON CLONES:
All clones i took died... No root growth at all. Everyone of my vegetable clones grew roots so this method must be best for vegetables.... On a better note i built a clone box and got a humidity dome. I took 3 clones from her last night before lights off. It was lower shoots that were going to be cut anyway... I purchased some rooting powder and put them in rockwool cubes. I hope they do good. Im trying to do them the right way this time lol.. I know she was in flower so it will be slower but i just hope they grow roots! They will be going in soil if they live.

:circle-of-love::thumb::cheer:

PICS!

day411.png

day412.png

day413.png

day414.png

day415.png

Ok guys so i got my clones under 80 degrees i turned a fan on in the box. Its around 79 degrees for the high. I also upped my nutes ppm to 1100 tonight before lights off. I have been raising my lights every day about 2-4 inches. She is really stretching now. Im ready to see those bud sites form!!!! Only seeing a few small pistols from her at this point. She drinks about 3/4 a gallon of water a day. Lots of new root growth out the netpot also.

Day 42 from seed and day 14 of flower!

Received my Cal/Mag today from botanicare. Added that in the reservoir. Nute PPM is around 1100 still. Did a big Defoliate this morning. Removed a lot of fan leaves that were droopy and in the middle bunched up and just not getting any light. Still kept the biggest fan leaves. They are slowly dying due to the mag def but i kinda want to cut them anyway so it doesnt matter. Its 2 weeks in flower i will defoliate again at day 40-45 of flower. Shes looking really good. Seeing more big pistols now. Shes still stretching right now. Pics coming later!

Since i have everything and i really want to start more plants ive been thinking about revegging papaya and keeping her as my mother plant... Im going to see how these clones do. I want to start 6 in soil in the next few weeks but dont really have anywhere to do it. I cant mix them in with papaya because shes flowering... What to do what to do... Been thinking of buying a small 1x1 or 2x2 tent for papaya so i can start in my main tent. I can order the LED at any time so im just waiting to see what i want to do.... Any advise or input? What would you do?

:thumb:

Day 44 from seed and day 16 of flower!

PAPAYA IS DOING GREAT! Shes almost done with her stretch and is forming buds!!!!
:circle-of-love::cheer::bravo::love::thanks:

As you can tell im very excited and happy! Im sure i will be amazed over the next 30 days.

Ok so ive ran into a few problems. They all have to do with her being heavy.

The first thing is she kept falling threw the damn container!!! The sterlite container is kinda flemsy in the middle... I fixed that after it happen like 5 times. I put some duck tape in small pieces around the netpot to build it up. Its very tight there now. I used a 3inch hole cutter so i know the holes not to big it was perfect when she was small....

2nd thing is she KEEPS FALLING OVER NOW! I had to rig up a few things to hold her. I put some fishing line from one side of tent to the other. I did this a few time to stabilize her. Shes now sturdy.... I hope i have fixed all these issues.

Oh yea and i noticed a few leaves "clawing" a little on a few of them. Not bad at all. I then did a full inspection and saw that one leaf in the very back on one small tip has nute burn. Ive been raising and raising the PPM so i have now leveled out and stopped and further addition. PPM i let drop now to around 1000 so no further nute burn will occur. Once she starts Full bloom and buds i will rise some more.

This chart is def a great one. Ive deviated from it 2 times now with deficencies and had to bring it right back to it:

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

Now the pics! Look at her pretty bud sights :thumb:

Wished you could see couple roots at the bottom of netpot THEY ARE HUGE!

day441.png

day443.png

day442.png

day444.png

Day 45 from seed and day 17 of flower! Wow the bud sites got twice as big in 24 hours! Her flowers are so beautiful! My clones seems to be doing good. Im keeping them 78 degrees and around 80% RH. I sure hope they take room i have some plans for them! Im thinking i might fill my tent with papaya clones if they take and save my seeds until at least my 3rd grow. I would like to keep papaya going for a few runs and also see how she taste grown in soil! I have 7 clones going so hopefully at least 4 make it!

How do you guys like this grow so far!?!?! would you do anything different?

Day 46 from seed and day 18 of flower! Crazy its only been 46 days and the results i have had. I was thinking of that today. She grew from seed to these amazing bud sites in just 46 days.... My next run i will let them veg for a little longer and have better lights so we will see how it goes. Still not roots showing on my clones yet! Hopefully soon.

Day 48 from seed and day 20 of flower! Everything is going good. I had to mount the Power strip higher because i have raised my CFLs so much they were out of cord lol... I will post up some pics later! So many bud sites!

Back
Top Bottom