Papaya - CFL - Stealth - DWC - Hydro Grow Journal

Ok heres the pics everyone! I dont think to many people are following my journal but oh well =( I hope someone gets something out of it. She has a really "earthy" smell to her when you get close and smell the buds. Shes not really strong smelling but if you dont have a carbon filter you can smell something. I took some close ups of the buds! Enjoy :thumb:

P.S. She is almost 4ft WIDE!!! Shes touching both sides of tent almost.

day481.png

day482.png

day483.png

Keep in mind this tent is 4ft WIDE!!!! SHE is almost touching BOTH SIDES!

day484.png

that reflective material, with all the creases, is bad. you are best to surround them with the brightest white paint you can find. i have never liked mylar, and, have read the same. the creases in the mylar, causes hot spots, that mess with a plant. i went to white. i use 2" syrofoam panels to keep thier lil roots warm in the winter. (concrete floor). they are cheap. one side is white. the other, mylar. i now have the mylar down, and the white up. much better reflection. and less stress. i only been doing this five years. so im not expert. but, i remember starting out. fun. i could tell you some storys.....

when clones are very new, start them off next to a small cfl. i use the dome, too. after a few days, i put them closer to the light, and open the air vents from half, to full open. this for tho days. then, right under the cfl, lid off. some streins are wimps, and clones die. my best one, bc godbud, it easy to clone. a jack herer, i used to have, was like a weed. all clones not only lived, but took off right now. at any rate, start slow on this stuff. they cant take lots of light, for they have no roots yet, to do the job. and cut half of he leaves off when you take them. it helps roots gro. but not much light. light, is for when they have the roots, to move water fast enough. this is why they wither. cant keep up. oh, i also use a heat mat, with a thin towel on it, under the trey.

Day 49 from seed and day 21 of flower! Hey thanks for the advice cannilingus! I love to see replys and input on my journal to help me out!! I cant do anything about the mylar as its the tent but if i build anything ill keep your advice in mind! It makes sense! Im only using CFLs so maybe thats why i havent had any problems with it other than the light touching a few leaves.

I HAVE A CLONE WITH ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WOKE UP AND CHECKED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO

:cheer::thumb::Namaste::thanks::adore:

Heya HunterNitro,

Things are looking really good over here! Right on track. That's one big plant you've got going, lol!

You've got followers. No doubt about it. For every 1 person that might comment or post a reply there are 10 more that are simply content to read and follow along :) You are doing so well there's not much room for critique, hehe.

BTW, congrats on the rooted clones, woot!

/Obi Wan
:high-five:

p.s. Keep up the great journal. The short ones are sometimes some of the best sources of info since you can review/read it in a reasonable amount of time :)

Thanks Obi Wan! Thanks for the kind words. I have 2 rockwool clones and 2 soil clones! The 2 rockwool clones have rooted so im purchasing some Ocean Forest tomorrow! Thats what ive decided to use on my next grow added with 25 percent perlite. They will go in that tomorrow. I also have 5 gal smart pots for the clones to go in on there final transplant. But ill start a new journal and all for that.

Just trying different cloning methods. Rockwool has worked the best so far. Maybe the soil clones will start rooting! I started them 5 days after the rockwool ones.

PAPAYA - PPM is still around 1000. Thats with the cal/mag, Aquashield, and nutes. Anything more than that will start burning her. This lineup has really worked well for me on this grow. I couldnt have ask for better results in my opinion... I was going to try Growology for my soil grow but im going with the same nutes as i really like em and my bottles are still about full! I may try something different after this next grow.

She requires almost no attention now... I think im really starting to under stand her and this growing method. I was so nervous the first month i was checking and adjusting her 10 times a day or more. When i add nutes or water i know what the ppm is going to be and the pH.

She has required no pH up or down in the past week or so... When i add water shes ususally at 5.7 and after water shes right at 5.9. Its been great.

This has sure been a learning experience. Shes put up with a lot so far lol.

Sorry for the rambling lol im heavily medicated.
:roorrip::smokin::thumb:

Day 50 from seed and day 22 of flower! ok everyone got some great updates today!....

PAPAYA is doing great! Shes almost done with her stretch (i hope) lol.. Moved the lights up one more notch as she has slowed down. Flowers are growing amazingly fast! Its so awesome to watch em grow. She has really exploded considering i have her under CFL's... But i do have her 462 actual watts of CFL's lol... So if you compare watts i guess its a lot!

Clones are doing great they are getting a transplant to soil today!
Purchased one 1.5cu bag of ocean forest and 2.0cu of Happy frog and a bag of perlite!
My mix will be:

37.5% Ocean forest
37.5% Happy frog
25.0% Perlite

The ocean forest alrdy had perlite but i want good drainage so if anyone thinks this mix is off to much please let me know.

Finished the transplant and they are looking good. They had roots coming out all over the cubes. They should be fine now as long as they take the transplant to soil well... !

I may post some pics today of her or wait till tomorrow. Shes drinking about a gallon of water a day now... I dont know how anyone uses a smaller container or have more plants than 1 in a container this size. You would be feeding her 6 times a day... If i do another DWC it will be in a bigger container also. Maybe a 10 gal or 20 gal.

Quick review on the soils - Very happy with Fox Farms. These soils are very airy... They look very good and feel good. Ill keep u updated on the progress.

:thumb::thanks::morenutes:

Day 51 from seed and day 23 of flowering! UPDATE TIME!!! Pics as promised. PAPAYA is still stretching! I thought nirvana classified this as a short plant LOL... Shes 4ft tall now. Is this normal for only a 30 day from seed veg to get this big? Its awesome to me im just curious. She would have never fit in the first stealth box.

Starting to see some "SUGAR" on the sugar leaves around the bud! :circle-of-love:

Im amazed at the bud sights she has! They are forming EVERYWHERE. I took a few pics of a cluster of smaller bud sites! Looks pretty cool. Check em out

I let PPM drop to around 900 now as i still have a little clawing and a few tips burnt here and there. PH stays 5.8-6.0.

Also i didnt really mention this but i DO add nutes every watering... I keep my PPM constant as i usually dont do a res change but about every 3 weeks or so.... I have learnt my nutes and my own "measuring system". Here let me explain maybe this will help someone. If my nutes call for 10ml base and 15ml bloom per gallon, i use a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon. So when i go to water i fill up my res almost to my full line. I then let it sit a min or two and measure the PPM. Ususally its off by about 100-150 PPM. So what i do, i already know that 2 scoops of base and 3 scoops of bloom using the 1/4 teaspoon is around 100-150. So i just dilute this in a cup or two of water and then pour in. I act as if the spoon counts as 5's. This makes it easier for me... I dont know if you understand lol but it really makes it easy for me. If it called for 20ml base and 10 bloom i would do 4 scoops of base and 2 scoops of bloom. That will get your ratios right. I dont really follow the chart on the bottle just the ratio... Hope this helps! :thumb:

CLONE UPDATE!! They have really perked up since yesterdays transplant. They were a little droopy before the transplant. I believe they are taking the transplant well! I have them under one single 26w CFL 6500k until the roots catch up then i will up the wattage. Watering was yesterday so i will water again in about 2-3 days. When they need it.

PIC TIME!!!

day511.png

Check out these clusters!
day512.png

day513.png

MMMM.... :circle-of-love::love::high-five:

day514.png

Clones!

day515.png

Day 52 from seed and day 24 of flowering! Buds are looking good this morning. watered and added nutes when lights came on. ppm is back at 900. My dehumidifier is working wonders! Collecting a lot of water through the light off period. I have it set for 45% so it stays between 40-50%. My digital temp and RH reader is always 3 degrees off RH than what my $200 dehumidifier says... I guess ill go by the expensive equipment lol... Hopefully its right.

Any input on humidity? I was going to stay around 40-50 until the buds start getting really big then i was going to drop it to around 40%? What are your suggestions on RH while flowering?

I received a message from cannilingus advising me not to put my clones in the ocean forest yet that it is to hot for them. I thought since i had a nice mix (only 37.5% ocean forest) they would be ok... So he got me thinking about it... So i tested the ppm of the runoff of the 2 plants. The ppm was 1500!!!! Im getting a little nervous now because i know people that plant directly in ocean forest from seed and dont have any problems... Thanks cannilingus for the heads up and bringing this to my attention.

Anyone have and input or suggestions?

Day 53 from seed and day 25 of flowering!

PAPAYA is doing great! Had to tie her down about a foot up from the last tie down. She is getting so big and heavy. I have her tied around like 5 times to the corners of my tent. It kinda scrunched her together a bit so i may have to do some plucking soon in the middle.

Clones are taking well to the soil and im not seeing any signs of burn. I can tell theres a lot of growth on the clones so im hoping they will be ok now. Ill keep you updated.

Added aquashield yesterday and added some cal/mag today to the watering with nutes. I usually add the aquashield every 4 days. I keep that stuff in there lol.. It sure has saved my plant. I will swear by it for DWC.

Seeing more "sugar" forming! Cant wait until they are all frosted!!! Possible pics today or tomorrow.... :thumb:

Just watered papaya before she sleeps! Everything is right on! Didn't need to add any nutes with this watering. Added about 3/4 gallon of water.

I dont know if i mentioned it, i use regular tap water that sits for 24 hours in water jugs. I bought RO water at the beginning but that can get expensive and papaya actually likes tap better. PPM on tap is around 88 here. Not to bad!

:thumb:

Day 55 from seed and day 27 of flowering! Papaya is doing good!!! Res change yesterday. I believe its been about 15 days lol... Just as clean and clear as when i put the water in there... Well other than the nutes turning it a little color. Smelled good! Im doing week 4 on my nute chart. A little under full strength nutes. Im seeing a little bit of yellowing... Some tops are turning lime green. Im guessing this is normal since she is in flowering. PPM is at around 1000 today.

Picture time! All taken today except the root pic it was yesterday when i did reservoir change! Add more lights today. I now have 16 - 26 watt bulbs now. A total of 416 Actual cfl light. I have 4 focused on lower middle buds.

Give me input please! how are my colas looking? Are they a good size for the 27th day of flowering?

Drained reservoir!
day551.png

day552.png

day553.png

Big Fan

day554.png

day555.png

day556.png

day557.png

day558.png

day559.png

beautiful roots lol ;)