Papaya - CFL - Stealth - DWC - Hydro Grow Journal

a cutting? one? what if it croaks/ finds the "big relieif"? until i know, i cut several clones. learn to thow clones away. no shit. learn to toll em. when a person starts out, its all about growing everything that lives. DONT DO IT. most is second grade shit. many good growers, know hey need to purchase 3-5 packs of seeds, mininmum, hatch em all, and procede to examine all the results. find the one clone. the best you can have. and go wiht that. shit can the rest. i, have never done this. so. im not doint what i say. lol. but, what id do start, i let all three phenose go. but, i ill tell you,. second gen are so much better, that the seed plants they came from! seed plants, in my exp, are not much. just a source for clones. lol. and some odd smoke.,...my thc bombs, seed plants, are sativa like. just harvested one today. ok yeild. but, its daughter, (clone), is in flower, and she looks more like a bush, and very buddy. so dont grade, on the seed plant.

Day 57 from seed and day 29 of flowering!

Sorry cannilingus im having a hard time understanding what you are saying. I have actually taken over 15 clones. I took the 2 best and the 2 clones are now thriving and doing good. The fox farms was perfect for the clones and they are now doing great and have so much new growth. You were scaring me saying they are going to die in the fox farms. They are doing great and i believe i will like the soil grow better. Only time will tell! The 2 PAPAYA clones are in soil and my next grow is going to be soil.

PAPAYA is doing great!!! Tent temps hit 89 degrees today along with the reservoir temps. I did a defoliate today on her and cleared her popcorn buds and fan leaves. Im a few days late but went ahead and did it. I will do it again around day 45-47. I hope this really helps and makes the buds get bigger. I left her upper healthy fan leaves that were getting light. Cleared out one or two that was shading lower buds.

Raised the PPM to around 950-1000 considering she has some nice flowers now. Ill keep a eye on nute burn. Papaya has required very low nutes though i can tell you that. I am seeing some signs of yellowing. I guess its because of lower nitrogen and age. Buds are def thickening up!

She drunk a gallon of water today out the 3 gallon reservoir. I dont know if shes getting hungrier or because of the heat. I wonder if she would have done even better if i had a reservoir chiller? I dont see how at this point as she has amazed me but i do wonder. Res temps get as high as 85 im sure during the middle of the day.

Last night i dropped the RH to 30%. I want to start seeing more trichomes form. My 35 pint dehumidifier was over half full in one night lol. Im also a little concerned about mold. I believe i will keep it 30-40% RH throughout the rest of the grow.

She should bounce back from the defoliation by tomorrow.

Also started the clones on 18/6 and added another light. Already seeing roots at the bottom of the container i have them in. They will be transplanted to 5 gallon smart pots soon.

Let me know if you have any questions!

:thumb:

I think he's saying plant a bunch of seeds, only keep the best phenotypes. Then clone the hell out of the mothers you like from seed, but only keep the best, strongest clone. Don't waste resources on crap. At least that's what I got :)
Athos

Edited for crappy grammar...

Ohhhh ok lol... Yea well my grow doesnt really let me do that im kinda limited lol... I have heard that though the clones are always better than the seed plants... To only use those for mothers. I still love my papaya more than anything :circle-of-love:

hey Nitro - regarding your clones...... Have to checked into a DIY aeroponics cloner. I was doing the rockwool cloning and getting maybe 2 out of 15 clones to root. I am gonna try a DIY aerocloner this weekend. From what i can see they provide some amazing results. Just thought it might interest you :)

I am gonna post some progress of one in my journal this weekend if interested. Well see how it goes lol....

Thanks b.real!

mrrobert! Yes it does interest me!! Ive been reading and looking at a few of the DIY aerocloners as well! My funds are a little low at the moment so ive been putting it off. I have also killed over 15 clones of papaya LOL... Finally got 2 good ones when i tried the rockwool cloning. I believe i only put 5 in rockwool and got 2... I dont believe i gave the other 3 a chance. I checked them to early and left the 2 biggest and they grew roots about 3 days later. I discarded the other 3 to early. Cant wait to see your write up on it! Please post some pics for us!!! Hope it works well. If it does i will most likely build the same one as you :thumb:

Ok guys i had to turn my dehumidifier off while the lights are on... Its raising my tent temps way to high... The lights on will keep it under 40% (i hope) as it has so far. As i do trust the aquashield im scared it could possible damage or slow my growth with a res temp over 85 degrees.... It cant be healthy lol... So i will only run the dehumidifier before lights off. My tent is at 81 now since i turned dehumidifier off. Was at 89 already this morning.

Bud are looking amazzzzzinggggg! Will post pics most likely tomorrow! Showing more trichomes forming! I believe the 30% humidity at night is working. Hopefully they will start swelling up soon and filling in those pistols!

Clones are doing amazing also... I cant believe the growth already on them. Ill take some pics of them also. Water today and i might transplant tomorrow to there final 5 gallon smart pots. !!

:thumb:

Day 60 from seed and day 32 of flowering! Everything is looking good! Sorry for the lack of updated i went on vacation for the weekend. Still trying to figure out the dehumidifier. I i run it in the tent with lights off the temps stay around 82-84 24/7. Im trying to get it so it drops 10 degrees with lights off like it should.

What do you guys do with the dehumidifier when lights are off? It doesnt raise your tent/room temps to much running?

Still have my ppm around 850-1000. Added aquashield and calmag today. I add every 4-5 days.

Check out PAPAYA! Im hoping these buds continue to fill out and swell up! She sure has a lot of pistols! Dont mind the few burn leaves im running the CFL as close as possible. Seeing a lot of new trichomes forming on her buds and sugar leaves! :thumb:

day601.png

day602.png

day603.png

day604.png

day605.png

day606.png

Look at PAPAYA's Trunk!
day607.png

Clones! Doing great. They will get there transplant in a few days.
day608.png

Looks awesome! Still amazes me that cfls can grow such nice plants. Ever consider doing a scrog? Might work really well with cfls. :bravo:

Looks awesome! Still amazes me that cfls can grow such nice plants. Ever consider doing a scrog? Might work really well with cfls. :bravo:

Thanks! Yes i def want to do a scrog at some point. I was going to do it with this plant because she was in a stealth box but things didnt go as planned and i bought a big tent so i moved her and just let her grow.

Thanks guys! Thanks for following. Yea i was scared i might not have enough light to grow a nice plant with big buds... She sure has amazed me so far! My power bill was $5 higher than last year in july and about $10 higher than last month.... i can deal with that hahaha! Its dead summer also with 100+ temps :thumb: :thanks:

Day 62 from seed and day 34 of flowering! Everything is growing smoothly! Steady bud growth. Stretch has come to a stop finally! Stacking on the trichomes. My dehumidifier filled up through the night and shut off so my humidity went up to around 55% high for a few hours.... I emptied it right before bed and it still filled up!

Pics in the next day or two!

Also i want to welcome you guys to come and subscribe to my new Papaya soil journal!

Papaya Goes Soil - CFL - 2nd Grow - Soil Grow Journal

:thumb::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom