Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

It can be worth the switch depending on price. I'm not sure of the differences between soil and hydro nutes, but I assume some elements won't absorb if made for soil. And if not there are a large assortment of cheaper products. Some people just use osmocote+ in hempy, or maxibloom dry nutes. It all depends what your comfortable with. I wouldn't invest too much in nutes unless you know you're gonna switch full time to hydro. I had my mind set from the start with hempy and just got gh 3 part cause there is a bunch of different ways to use it.

Oh Jesus. Don't follow the recommended doses lol 5ml per liter? Sounds abit harsh.

I don't have any expierence with that nutes line. Do you happen to have a TDs meeter? Their under 10$ on eBay. I'm cheap as fuck too but they are a must for figuring out untested ground.
I recommend trying GH flora line of nutes. They work in soil, hydro or Hempy. Pretty much any grow style. Its a 3 part mix. Each pint bottle is about 20$ but they will last ages with a small grow.

If buying new nutes isn't an option. Let me do some research on then product and see what I can figure out for a decent ratio to start with.

After some quick math, I think 5ml per gallon will give u about 500ppm. Good starting point to begin increasing nutes fro . some strains handle 1300-2000 some can't take more then 500-600ppm.

If upgrading is your game I'd try GH flora series first. Simple.

Oh lord sweet music in my ears. :) i do have a ppm/tds pen and a ph pen so no worries :) tap water is between 430-500ppm. ?? is that high or what:=)

I used the low light formula for Lucas during veg under CFL. Except with the HGK, cause they told me it is a nute hog and handles about anything. The pc and clone in veg now were getting the 1-2-3 recipe, well 3-2-1. But I'm up for trying the less is more thing cause I love saving money on not replacing nutes so quick. I figured led counted the same as hid when it came to Lucas formula just cause of the watts and intensity. I'll get it all figured out someday though lol. I'm still learning, and consider myself lucky for having not burned any plants to death yet

And yes led that many watts is considered hid for feeding. I'm pretty sure.

Yeah the Lucas formula website I first found the info on was probably made before led was taken seriously as a grow light.

Jummejum, I believe that is high for plain water. I've never checked mine so I can't say for sure.

Oh lord sweet music in my ears. :) i do have a ppm/tds pen and a ph pen so no worries :) tap water is between 430-500ppm. ?? is that high or what:=)

OK back the bus up. Take some guess work out lol. What ppm are u feeding now at what ratio? ML per gallon
450ppm out of your tap? Not nessassarly bad, just hard water meaning it already contains a lot of dissolved minerals, calcium mag ect. Can definitely cause issues in hydro tho. I'm not overly expierenced with hydro. If thinking of doing hydro or Hempy think on investing in a charcoal filter for water. Bretta filters should drop the ppm down 100-200.

My knowledge on nutes is limited to general hydroponics. So guessing how to correct for hard water on those nutes is hard for me too say. Maybe someone with expierence with that particular brand can help out here.

Cheers

Lucas has been modified so many times. Shit on, praised lol. It does work. But its basically like mixing dog treats with kibble putting a big pile in the middle of the room. And leaving your dog for 2-3 days. Dog is going to eat the treats out first, then pick at the kibble till it barfs. Then coming home cleaning up what's left, tossing it out and doing the samemthing again the next day when u leave for a few days. It works... But there is better methods hahah

Kind of a fucked up analogy I know hahahha, I'm high dog is high we laugh lol

I've heard all those ups and downs of Lucas, I just went with it for ease of use and easy to remember formula. But now I'm looking to maximize my grows without changing too much. That's why I tried some 1-2-3 recipe. Eventually someday I'll invest in some quality nutes geared specifically for cannabis, but that's a long ways away still. Especially since I quit using Lucas and now can save more nutes, which helps since I water everyday

OK back the bus up. Take some guess work out lol. What ppm are u feeding now at what ratio? ML per gallon
450ppm out of your tap? Not nessassarly bad, just hard water meaning it already contains a lot of dissolved minerals, calcium mag ect. Can definitely cause issues in hydro tho. I'm not overly expierenced with hydro. If thinking of doing hydro or Hempy think on investing in a charcoal filter for water. Bretta filters should drop the ppm down 100-200.

My knowledge on nutes is limited to general hydroponics. So guessing how to correct for hard water on those nutes is hard for me too say. Maybe someone with expierence with that particular brand can help out here.

Cheers

Even though the tap water is pretty hard, i've never experienced any issues growing in soil, only when over-fertilizing :) i will go out and get that hy-pro a/b bottle and see how it works out for me. Its not that easy to find all the good stuff around here unless, you order online. But i'd rather support the local store :) "sometimes, you know those local hydro stores can be pretty expensive".
I've been thinking about getting a RO system, to see if it does any difference, otherwise i have plenty of rainwater outside.

Checked on my clones earlier. I had them about a foot from the light and one of them had tried to turn so hard that it's stem came out of the water. It wasn't that way around noon, so I don't know if that's bad or not. Apparently I need to build a separate space for my clones, especially since 2 five gallon buckets take up my entire veg cab. That's what I get for being so ambitious lol. I'll make a new space tonight. Pretty soon my entire garage will be a grow room...and I thought it would be a man-cave. Worth it!

Gurage filled with grow areas..... No not a man cave at all lol sounds like a dream man cave in the makings.

Stems curling usually means temp is too high. Literly I keep my clones 2 feet from 100w CFL. Clones don't need hardly any light.
I've had it happen a few times. Take a section of drinking straw. Cut a slit and put the stem through it, will help straighten it out. Just a price big enough to correct the bend, and enough so the stem still sticks out the bottom.

I will grab a straw and get to work for sure. Yeah, now that you say it, it is a dream come true to have a man cave filed with weed. Can't wait to get to work tonight when family gets to bed. Trying to also build my massive screen for pc and HGK clone/pc clones to grow under in 6 or 7 weeks

It'll be pvc with the usual 2x2 holes. Maybe 3x3 cause the other was a little more work than I'm used to lol. Still not sure about clone box yet. I have another short cabinet that I can convert easily into clone box. Might go that route and keep it simple. Still have plenty of CFL bulbs and bases to mount them in. And u found splitters at a place close by for 75 cents each. Gotta love baileys!

this thread

Even though the tap water is pretty hard, i've never experienced any issues growing in soil, only when over-fertilizing :) i will go out and get that hy-pro a/b bottle and see how it works out for me. Its not that easy to find all the good stuff around here unless, you order online. But i'd rather support the local store :) "sometimes, you know those local hydro stores can be pretty expensive".
I've been thinking about getting a RO system, to see if it does any difference, otherwise i have plenty of rainwater outside.

Where do u live in general? USA Canada etc. I live in east coast of Canada and hydro shops are few and far between lol the one close to me sells GH nutes and that's about it, and there basically a hole in the wall smoke shop/grow shop. Lol ask them ya never know. Its definitely not a fancy line of products. Its probably the cheapest.
Whatever ya do keep us updated. I'm curious about that nutes line.

My tiny hydro shop sells gh line of nutes and gh pH stuff. And I'm in Northwest Indiana even though I know you're saying that question toward him lol

Back
Top Bottom