Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

Alrighty. I'll make sure and download that page to my offline browser. Didnt think I'd need it so soon but here we are. Sucks she had to get this news on her 40th birthday.

Back to the grow. I haven't watered since I planted them. Pots are still heavy. The hydroton seems to be doing what I wanted it to do. Keeping the moisture in the pots better. Usually first week by Thursday they need water. Looks like I won't have to water till the weekend. I'll really see the difference in 2-3 weeks. At that point I was loosing so much to to evaporation I had to water every other day. Last 2 weeks I had to water daily. I knew there was no way the plants were drinking 2L of water every 2 days. Not in 2 gallon pots that's for sure lol.

I know mine in flower take about 30 ounces a day due to heat. I wish I didn't have to water that often but that's life lol. Maybe I'll get out there tonight and get something done. Either work on heat issue or clone box.

By the way, did wildjim ever make it here? I hope he's feeling okay. I know he harvested and had some seizures, but hopefully all is well

I'll have to check. I'm willing to try about anything. I just hope they don't sell it in small bags cause their prices are bad if you're not buying bulk. Still want to grab more perlite too while they have the 20 dollar 20 pound bags. Still not sure how many cubic feet it is.

Yea I'm curious how many cubic feet. Judging by the sounds of it. Its a 4cu bag. 4 feet tall 2 feet wide. And let me guess if flatened on its side its about 6 inch thick? That's exactly 4 cu feet. 4x8x.5 = 4. Mystery solved?
It seems like hydro ton is helping evaporation, like I said I'll really know in 2 weeks.

Sounds about right. Good to know a size instead of weight. I think in the future I'll be sticking with 3 gallon buckets. Guess I'll really know when I get through flower with the big buckets. But 3 gallon is just more convenient due to size

5 gallon is just under 1cu foot. 7.5 gallons in a cubic foot. Each bag should fill 6 5 gallon buckets. 30 gallons of perlite. Perlite is 2lb / cu foot. For the quality light stuff. Medium grade is 2.5 lb per cu foot. 2.5x 4 Cu = 20lbs.
I don't think grades matter that much as long as its rinsed.

Yeah its a pain to get all that dust out of there. Hope my clones take off soon, cause I'd love to expand my grow area some more. Might need a better light next season

You can get 5 gallon paint strainers from HomeDe Pot. Clik here That's what I use. Or on eBay click here Ebay has 2 gallon bags on the list in the link. One thing when you use bags, you can make the drain hole a little larger.
Can't wait to see you hempy some autos.

WJ

I figure I'll just line my 2 gallon pots with garbage bags or poly bags of some sort. Put a hole in the side of the bucket and bag fill with perlite and away I go hopefully.

You can get 5 gallon paint strainers from HomeDe Pot. Clik here That's what I use. Or on eBay click here Ebay has 2 gallon bags on the list in the link. One thing when you use bags, you can make the drain hole a little larger.
Can't wait to see you hempy some autos.

WJ
Those are a good idea if I was using buckets. Note taken.
My idea is to use standard 2 gallon grow pots with holes in the bottom. I was gonna use garbage bags to line the buckets then put new hole through bag and bucket.
Those paint strainers are pretty sweet if I use regular buckets. I was picturing those paint filters that look like coffee filters lol.
Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe its because I'm from the same area as rick. But people been making "rso" for over 20 years round these parts lol. Maybe he's the reason why. First grain alcohol oil I had was in cape Breton when I was in my teens. Aka honey oil. Don't matter how its extracted. End product is still decarbonated THC and canabanoids. With grain alcohol , ISO, naphtha.

Oh lord sweet music in my ears. :) i do have a ppm/tds pen and a ph pen so no worries :) tap water is between 430-500ppm. ?? is that high or what:=)

Yes sir that is high. Too high. You should try using spring water. Many box stores and grocery stores have a water maching to fill your own bottles for about 35 cents a gallon. My faucet water is 61ppm. 500 is the EPA's maximum contaminant level. Marginally acceptable is anything over 200ppm. Picture is on back of my AquaPro PPM meter by HM Digital

AquaPro_Levels.jpg

:geek:
WJ

I just kind of wrapped my head around a 4 foot bag. That is a lot of fucking perlite lol. Enough to do my whole 16 plants. And with my cement mixer cleaning trick its reusable.
Now I just need to devise a plan to keep 16 hempys topped off daily lol some sort of watering method.

Gonna go grab a pen and paper and do some math on how much oz I can have in a rez in a 2 gallon pot. 2 or 3 inch high hole. Ideal I think 32 or 36 oz of fluid is OK for watering every 2-3 days.

stumped its the 45 day today in Flower For Big Bang... I also am growing a Sativa called Black on Black and she is 6 foot tall now started the same time as miss bang but is not a auto... She hasn't hit the flowering stage yet is that ok??? How long can it be before she starts to flower????????? Here is a picture of her... Shes right next to Miss Bang lol
Black4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom