QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

re: QT's Second Grow - 1st Journal

Pain has me up early this morning as well as seeing my bf off this am since he is going to see his family....While surfing on Ebay, I found this item......390373888497...69 bucks includes shipping...My question is, is this too good to be true? Am I missing something..I haven't heard the best things about that site. Has anyone had issues or good things to say about ordering stuff from there? I am also considering the link you sent me as well, Propa.

Mini-report---Room temp is at 80....humidity is at 30...Before bed, I increased the jug of nutes. Checked soil this morning, dry on the top and just a little moist 2 inches in...May check again later and give them nutes anyway. Still no drooping from transplant. I do have a question though, would it hurt the sprouts if I switched to 12/12 now? Plants 1 and 2 are really ready I think to go into flower, plant 3 isn't that far behind. I don't have my other closet set up at all yet..And Propa, you got me thinking about that coco coir.

queen about that item on ebay .. its not too good to be true , its a bid , the price of the item will probly increase , but you sould bet on it , who knows you can get a nice deal in there ;) i've made some nice deals on ebay with products with no buyout , for example a 32 gb pen drive (costs 80$ in my country ) i got it for 20$ and free shiping on ebay :)

QTL, I just looked at your gallery. Are you using hard tap water? How often are you feeding and what amounts?

Well I just transplanted them a few days ago. yes, I am using tap water which I let sit out. Before I transplanted I was watering every 2-4 days depending on the plant. I was not using your nutes at full strength but diluted like 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. Just increased to full teaspoon last night and fed it to them.

queen about that item on ebay .. its not too good to be true , its a bid , the price of the item will probly increase , but you sould bet on it , who knows you can get a nice deal in there ;) i've made some nice deals on ebay with products with no buyout , for example a 32 gb pen drive (costs 80$ in my country ) i got it for 20$ and free shiping on ebay :)

Yeah I have been checking Ebay out and another site that someone gave to me. The other site has a 400w duel spectrum for a little over 100 bucks. I know that would do wonders...So if things go according to plan, I may be ordering it in a few days....:love:

I like that light!!! If I had the funds right now, I would definitely swoop up on that!!!

how old is your baby?? if it is older than 4 weeks, you should already be using full strength, but then again, I am using FP, it could be different for the 2-part... a good way to tell if you have hard water is, lets say when the sprinklers turn on, and they hit your car, or other cars around, and you see the water stains on the windows. I believe that the cloudier the water out of the faucet, the harder the water is, the harder the water is, the more calcium will be in it. another way to know if you have hard water is to go to your local water company in town or nearby.
lastly if you check your faucets, and you see the calcium build up on your spouts... you have hard water!!! I believe you can use a PPM meter to check for this also, im not sure so don't quote me on that!!!

:peacetwo:

A tsp per gallon sounds about right for those size plants. Letting water sit out only eliminates the chlorine. The other minerals remain (calcium). It would be a good idea to flush with RO water every 3 weeks or so. Since you transplanted into some fresh soil, a flush is not needed yet imo. Use some Epsom salt with your next feed for extra magnesium. Some root stress is highly probable during transplant but they bounce back fast from it.

A tsp per gallon sounds about right for those size plants. Letting water sit out only eliminates the chlorine. The other minerals remain (calcium). It would be a good idea to flush with RO water every 3 weeks or so. Since you transplanted into some fresh soil, a flush is not needed yet imo. Use some Epsom salt with your next feed for extra magnesium. Some root stress is highly probable during transplant but they bounce back fast from it.

Hellz Yeah, I got it right...Go me...Now I am beginning to trust myself more. Can I get RO water at the grocery store? Last store I went to though only had distilled water...Gimme a sec, gonna test Aston's theory of turning the water on if it first runs cloudy..But hey, I am in NYC where every damn thing is hard!!! Yep, cloudier than a mofo.

I do not know the exact age of my plants just that they are at preflower. I had too many germinations going at one time, wrote it on the calendar but got confused. So, I am going on eyeballing.

Insurance--thanks gonna check it out and bookmark it.

I read(skimmed) your city's water report, and it's as good or better than mine = very similar. I happily use tap water for good results. If you can collect some rain water for flushing, you'll save the cost and finger torture to carry RO or distilled from the store. I don't do that, but I fertigate with excess to flush as I go.

I read(skimmed) your city's water report, and it's as good or better than mine = very similar. I happily use tap water for good results. If you can collect some rain water for flushing, you'll save the cost and finger torture to carry RO or distilled from the store. I don't do that, but I fertigate with excess to flush as I go.

I have no way of collecting rain water, I live on the second floor. I never have to carry groceries. I have a granny cart I put it in. Hmm, I often wonder about quality of water here since last week when I turned it on and it was running brown for a few hours. I thought about buying one of those filters you put on the faucet.

You could get a faucet filter, or just wait until the temporary mud is gone before drinking. The mains and feeder lines are ancient, and rupture occasionally - no biggie. IMO flush plants with tap as I do, and don't worry ;)

Those two spotted leaves were totally insignificant, and should have been plucked if they bothered you. New growth counts, not old bottom fans. Look for bugs, then fugedabowdit.

You could get a faucet filter, or just wait until the temporary mud is gone before drinking. The mains and feeder lines are ancient, and rupture occasionally - no biggie. IMO flush plants with tap as I do, and don't worry ;)

Those two spotted leaves were totally insignificant, and should have been plucked if they bothered you. New growth counts, not old bottom fans. Look for bugs, then fugedabowdit.

Yeah, I did end up pulling them. Haven't seen anymore since. and bite your tongue, no bugs yet. Had a battle with fungus gnats on my first grow. Thats what I ended up doing was just letting it run but it was a bit unnerving.

Todays update---room temp was at 78 with the humidity at 40. Plants are still looking good, no signs of shock. Have been bending plants 1 and 2. Maybe I will take some random pics of them later tonight. Sprouts are looking good. Lemon skunk seedling is doing good though that one leaf is still folded down but she's standing straight so I am good with that. Big Bang looks like she stirred a little bit but will feel better when I see something. She is only 2 days old so I know I am not gonna see much.

Well here is the latest on things...I will prolly end up getting a 400w light one way or another. Not sure on which one, there is 2, one someone suggested that costs over 100 bucks or this bid I got going on where I am the highest bidder at the moment with 60 bucks but I have 6 days left praying someone will not overbid me. I guess its a matter of seeing which one works out. But by hell or high water I will have me a 400w light. The reason I am so intent on it is because plants 1 and 2 are definitely ready to go into flower. I want to send them on their way plus I need to quit procrastinating about doing this second closet for vegging. I kinda have a nice routine going and I want to expand on it if that makes sense....

Closet today is at 78 temp and 30 percent humidity. Since giving the plants the full tsp of nutes I have seen much improvement with all except plant 3. I mean she looks good and all but seems a lil slow or maybe she is where she is suppose to be, Idk. Plant 1 remains a beast and is just filling out and up. Spunky lil bag seed baby. Plant 2 is doing her thing too, looking nice but her and plant 1 is fighting for room. I can actually imagine plant 2 telling plant 1 to move bitch get out the way....lol....As always, I crave your input and wisdom.

Sprout Action:
016248.jpg

015272.jpg

014300.jpg

013322.jpg

012334.jpg

011397.jpg

Plants 1-3, I had them all named but when I downloaded to the computer, it wiped the names out...
010449.jpg
009479.jpg

008523.jpg

007569.jpg
006574.jpg
005668.jpg
004697.jpg

awwww queen you are right :) your babie plant is almost in the same stage as mine ! :) how sweet ^^
Looking good your big plants , got some more of those wierd brown spots ? :S

Thanks Kamy...I don't know where those spots came from, that is plant 3. They look different than the other brown spots, these look more orange when you look at them...Yeah, the baby is the big bang, she's rooming with lemon skunk til I can get some more dirt. But I think Propa or someone mentioned coco coir is even better. So I may try that. Didn't know it came in a brick form? Or am I looking at the wrong thing...

QueenTokelove said:
Since I have been putting this large fan in the door, the humidity has stayed between 30-40. I have been worried because I thought if it stayed low or bounces around that it could cause the plants to hermie. So, far they have been looking lovely.

Nothing much to report. Plant 1 is staying hungry, had to water her again. I think she is also starting to preflower. Seems like I am watering her now almost every 2 days. The other two plants are coming along well too. The sprouts have been doing their thing, I only had to pitch 2 that just looked too scrawny. The lemon skunk seedling has grown about a few inches but still has the shell on and the blue mystic has shown root I just want it to get a little longer before I put her in dirt. I would say prolly tomorrow. I will also post a pic of plant 1 now that she is tied down, she still is bushing up and out.

They are beautiful I wish I knew how to grow!! All of this talk can be confusing especially with abbreviations and things! pH meters I can deal with lol I wanna know how to start from seed to soil!! Good luck with your grow.

"I think Propa or someone mentioned coco coir is even better."
GH coco coir bricks are the ones that I get at my local grow shop, along with big 5kg blocks - for when I need just a few pot's worth.

Well, I had never even seen them before so when I saw they were bricks, I was like wtf? So when you use them, you just crumble it up to fill the pot? Educate me here, Propa or anyone for that matter. Wonders how much I would need for my pots, 1 gallons and the 3 gallon ones.

Back
Top Bottom