Quest for 1G/W: 1K HPS Liquid Cooled on a 6' Mover in a 4x8 Tent

Re: Quest for 1g/w: 1k hps liquid cooled on a 6' mover in a 4x8 tent.

Perfect, let pull out an orthogonal array and give Taguchi a ring ;)

DOE software packages are perfect for this application. The only struggle would be getting reasonably reproducible replicates.

That would get the interactions characterized anyway ;)

yeah, those would help for sure. . . good old Taguchi. . . not exactly a Cauchy or Gauss, but did some important work.

It would be a major undertaking, that's for sure. Usually to do something that advanced, you need a budget for equipment, and a salary to be able to work on it for hours a day, every day, possibly with an assistant or two, and a couple of years to develop an advanced working model. . . then publish and rely on others with the time, money, and interest to make improvements and help develop the model faster and further.

and Tor, I would just nail becky and smoke a blunt and declare myself the most efficient. Everyone would be happy except Tommy with his doodoo midgrade.

Then I would give becky a spank, and put her to work making brownies with her dank.

and Tor, I would just nail becky and smoke a blunt and declare myself the most efficient. Everyone would be happy except Tommy with his doodoo midgrade.

Then I would give becky a spank, and put her to work making brownies with her dank.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Great answer WOF!!lol

lol guys.

anyways, I'm here to let you all know that i'm an ass of a donkey. This morning at about 8-9 am I turned off the aero for a second to work on the res (added some sensizyme and had to re-up the pH down) and I forgot to turn it back on till now. . . . yeah so aero with no spray for 8 hours is no good. . . maybe I'll have a few survive?? they don't look good, thats for sure.

I'm such a mindless twat sometimes it really kills me. (or my plants more appropriately)

I do have those clones going right now, if I lose what I have, I might try to sneak them in a week or two late. who knows.

Absent mindedness strikes my grow again. . . I have to be more consistent or I will never hit my mark.

i have the same problem sometimes. i found it helpful to make a short checklist of things to do every time i leave the grow room. now its like second nature to just check everything and i dont even need to look at the list anymore.

lol guys.

anyways, I'm here to let you all know that i'm an ass of a donkey. This morning at about 8-9 am I turned off the aero for a second to work on the res (added some sensizyme and had to re-up the pH down) and I forgot to turn it back on till now. . . . yeah so aero with no spray for 8 hours is no good. . . maybe I'll have a few survive?? they don't look good, thats for sure.

I'm such a mindless twat sometimes it really kills me. (or my plants more appropriately)

I do have those clones going right now, if I lose what I have, I might try to sneak them in a week or two late. who knows.

Absent mindedness strikes my grow again. . . I have to be more consistent or I will never hit my mark.

damn i am sorry to hear that bro. i do stupid shit all the time, like leave my room light on and forget to turn it off then come back the next day and the plants are just chilling in 24hr light during flowering. i hate when shit like this happens. i wish the best for you bro:goodluck:

lol guys.

I did this to some clones. I ended up turning on my aero cloner pump on for 24/7 for a day or two, before the weren't wilting, and then went back to my normal pump cycles. Things ended up working out for me...hopefully it will do the same for you.

that just might work out. If all those clones root. You can replavce the whole lot. And trigger them with the dark period right before going into the aero. giving you about 2-3 week doen time inbetween harvest. I peronally enjoy a staggered harvest. It will force you to manage your herbs on what you got off the firt harvest. So when the second one comes around, that will be your bonus for doing good on your first pull. Dunno, trying to keep the glass half full. :ganjamon:

thanks for the word of support everyone, trying not to get discouraged.

yeah butch, only problem (again) is running a single res. if I replace them, they will still have to deal with the EnG res schedule.

You can set up a relay to trigger a big red light whenever a device is not running. Perhaps it would not be a bad idea?

Dude dont beat your self up over it! We all make mindless mistake like that. I have countless times, well a few times, left my flower light on for 24hr when doing some simple maintenance. Dropped the TDS in the solution ruining the meter all together. Forgetting to turn fans back on, leaving zippers unzipped, cutting off nugs when I only meant to trim a fan leaf!!! LOL they suck but once is enough to usually no do it again!!

Anyways I have some questions about your fixture?? I am in the process of building a new perpetual system. I am getting two of the 1000w dimmable quantum ballasts to use with all my LEDs. I am stuck between your water cooled light or getting hydro innovations heat exchangers. I know the fresca sol would be easier start up and control the temps fine but I like the idea of having control over room temps with the heat exchangers. What do you think?

Good job man, I love your grow!

You can set up a relay to trigger a big red light whenever a device is not running. Perhaps it would not be a bad idea?

:amen:

I can just imagine 3am it goes off..Can you imagine WOF..:yikes:..jumpin outa bed..:trance:

I can just imagine 3am it goes off

Okay, maybe add a 130-dB siren along with the big red light.:grinjoint:

:amen:

I can just imagine 3am it goes off..Can you imagine WOF..:yikes:..jumpin outa bed..:trance:

I do that anyways. lol.

Okay, maybe add a 130-dB siren along with the big red light.:grinjoint:

oh, so you have heard the alarm on mu phone?
seriously though, that would be a cool idea, but, i have a free solution. . . just don't do that anymore.

Dude dont beat your self up over it! We all make mindless mistake like that. I have countless times, well a few times, left my flower light on for 24hr when doing some simple maintenance. Dropped the TDS in the solution ruining the meter all together. Forgetting to turn fans back on, leaving zippers unzipped, cutting off nugs when I only meant to trim a fan leaf!!! LOL they suck but once is enough to usually no do it again!!

Anyways I have some questions about your fixture?? I am in the process of building a new perpetual system. I am getting two of the 1000w dimmable quantum ballasts to use with all my LEDs. I am stuck between your water cooled light or getting hydro innovations heat exchangers. I know the fresca sol would be easier start up and control the temps fine but I like the idea of having control over room temps with the heat exchangers. What do you think?

Good job man, I love your grow!

Thanks bro, we all make those mistakes, you just want to avoid the big ones, and somehow they keep finding me. Actually a bunch of them look like their bouncing back now, so fingers crossed, I should have enough left to try it.

those heat exchanges look sweet, but keep in mind you'll need to buy air cooled hoods, big loud fans, and run thick ducting through your grow. . . starting from no equipment, I would go fresca all the way.

You'll need a pretty good chiller for 2kw. If your a DIY kinda guy you should check this out DIY window AC Chiller new Version

I was thinking of getting one or two of those in addition to the fresca, but that will wait until I have a system that can cool the res to temps that will cool the room. right now I just have the 55 gal res and no chiller on it.

if you already have all the air cooling equipment, i would go with those ice boxes, but from scratch I would go fresca. its silent and very effective.

I'm not more "accident-prone" than anyone else.

Those kinds of mistakes due to distraction are very difficult to prevent without having some mechanism in place to help prevent them.

Trying harder to be more attentive and alert doesn't work well for me, so I have to do something practical, like the checklist idea mentioned above.

Smoking herb, a bit of ADHD, shiny objects and thoughts, and mental bunny trails are not a recipe conducive to consistency, so the last thing I look at when leaving my grow room is the following list in big red letters tacked to the wall:

FANS?
LIGHTS?
DOORS AND ZIPPERS?

When things become second-nature, and I'm on auto-pilot, the danger of landing with my gear up increases. The smallest distraction when I'm on auto-pilot and I'm grinding it in, so I can't depend on just doing my best to be more alert.

It's a humbling thing to look at that dumb list on the wall, but it does save my bacon ;).

Anyway, don't mean to be a lecturing pedant, but thought I would share what's been helpful for me.

Glad a bunch of them are bouncing back!

I'm not more "accident-prone" than anyone else.

Those kinds of mistakes due to distraction are very difficult to prevent without having some mechanism in place to help prevent them.

Trying harder to be more attentive and alert doesn't work well for me, so I have to do something practical, like the checklist idea mentioned above.

Smoking herb, a bit of ADHD, shiny objects and thoughts, and mental bunny trails are not a recipe conducive to consistency, so the last thing I look at when leaving my grow room is the following list in big red letters tacked to the wall:

FANS?
LIGHTS?
DOORS AND ZIPPERS?

When things become second-nature, and I'm on auto-pilot, the danger of landing with my gear up increases. The smallest distraction when I'm on auto-pilot and I'm grinding it in, so I can't depend on just doing my best to be more alert.

It's a humbling thing to look at that dumb list on the wall, but it does save my bacon ;).

Anyway, don't mean to be a lecturing pedant, but thought I would share what's been helpful for me.

Glad a bunch of them are bouncing back!

i put on a dog shocking collar, and once i walk out of that grow room door i get my ass shocked. keeps me on my toes. never left a light on since :grinjoint:

umm. . . i like SS's idea more than irish. lol.

Actually that makes a lot of sense SS, and it couldn't hurt to try it as well. except I need to add: ALL PUMPS PLUGGED IN??? thats been the killer for me my ights are always fine, because the timer is off in the back, so I dont mess with it. I leave my tent closed, as I have AC on in there, so thats never my problem either. And I don't have much fan-age due to the water cooling.

but I am gonna put up a sign that says:
All Pumps Plugged In?
All Water hazards clear?

hopefully it will help. . . if not I might try the dog collar idea mixed with tor's relay idea, so if I leave the room with the pumps unplugged i get a "friendly" little reminder. lol.

Back
Top Bottom