RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

Thats a lovely plant. Cant wait to watch her bud!

Its probably some skunk then! you might wanna look into either making or buying a carbon filter if it is skunk, it could stink up the whole block!!! I know i said it before but this plant is so healthy and strong i hope (she) blooms HUGE for ya!

cool man!

Pics from last night 11/21/2008:

DSC015931.JPG

Indication of plant height. This should more than double during the blooming phase.

DSC01594.JPG

Leaf definition

DSC01595.JPG

Root Ball

DSC015961.JPG

Another root ball shot

I ran it on 12/12 for 1 night. Tomorrow I'm changing the nutrient solution over to the sensi bloom A/B mixture.

Hello Friend,
we have a phototron and are growing in sphagnum moss using the automated watering system. We are in 12-12 in the 4th week of flowering and just over fertilized two days ago by accident, and have just unhooked the res. The tips of the leaves are browing and curling, so can you recommend a way to flush the basin? There are no drainage holes. Thanks if you can help.

Such a pretty strain, sorry if you said it before but do you know the strain? Looks like an indica dominant but maybe a cross. I cant wait to see the buds! VERY VERY clean and healthy root ball.

Hello Friend,
we have a phototron and are growing in sphagnum moss using the automated watering system. We are in 12-12 in the 4th week of flowering and just over fertilized two days ago by accident, and have just unhooked the res. The tips of the leaves are browing and curling, so can you recommend a way to flush the basin? There are no drainage holes. Thanks if you can help.

I use a 3' length of 1/2" tubing to siphon out the fluid when I change it. Simply fill the tubing in the sink, cap both ends with your thumbs and put one end in the phototron and the other in a container on the floor or near a drain. Takes about 45 seconds.

Alternatively if you don't have some tubing, you can also go to any automotive parts store and buy a plastic siphon pump for like $5 - 7. If you want to see one, check buy.com and search for "siphon pump". They have a couple examples with pictures.

Such a pretty strain, sorry if you said it before but do you know the strain? Looks like an indica dominant but maybe a cross. I cant wait to see the buds! VERY VERY clean and healthy root ball.

It's either a NIrvana Norhern Lights or a Nirvana Northern Lights Big Bud cross. Unfortunately I'm no sure which pack this seed came from.

The part that amazes me is that the stem near the base is the thickness of my thumb now. In an effort to remove heat and improve airflow, I've found that placing a 20" box fan horizonally on top of the phototron is far more efficient than the dumb side panel fans pyroponics sells - lowering the average internal temperature from abou 94 F to about 80 F. The fan also causes the plant to constantly vibrate slightly which might account for the rediculously thick stem.

I'm also thinking that since I keep my pH beween 5.8 and 6.0, I might be reducing the bioavailabiliy of magnesium, which supposedly could account for the relatively short/dense apearance of the plant. Normally in a phototron, the side lights cause plants to strech excessively, but for this plant it does not seem the case.

Hello Friend,

BTW, in the future you should avoid the moss. I don't think it's sterile and people generally say it causes a wicked mess in the phototron. For mine I took a black 3 gallon black bucket (~$5) and chopped off approximately 2" from the top. The bucket should be only tall enough to fit sideways through the large side opening of the phototron . I think that opening is somehting like 10" if I remember properly. To finish the setup I tossed a couple 24" bubble wands (~$4 each) and i used a silent air x5 air pump (~$20) to aerate the whole setup. Air hoses are like $2 - 4 each depending on if you get black plastic or silicone. For the top of my bucket, I added a bucket lid with an integrated 6" mesh pot ($~5) and a single 2 liter bag of hydroton does the trick.

All of this is sterile and pretty damn cheap.

Ok. It's is my ultimate pleasure to report that when checking the resevoir level this morning, those little white hairs we all love to see were clearly visible.

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!

I'll see if my camera can grab a picture with enough detail for you guys to see it. It's also worth noting that the damn plant got even bigger. It looks like it's putting some stretch in now. Soon I'm going to have to eliminate the LED's due to lack of room.

Back
Top Bottom