Relaxed's Winter Experiment

Here we go, I'll let the pictures speak for themself this time, and also I encourage you to peep in on my regular garden thread for simultaneous side-by-side updates! Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos
P10002885.JPG
P10002894.JPG
P10002944.JPG
P10002953.JPG
P10002963.JPG
P10002982.JPG
P10002993.JPG
P1000300.JPG

Good evening Les, would you know if ALL autos/fem seeds are "ruderalis" * I'm told yes they are.

* "Cannabis ruderalis is a species of Cannabis originating in central Russia. It flowers earlier than C. indica or C. sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Wikipedia"

:thanks:

edit: just saw your new pics :bravo: you have flowers! I am very jealous now, you are always a step ahead,

looking good. Is your cat looking for moths?

Good evening Les, would you know if ALL autos/fem seeds are "ruderalis" * I'm told yes they are.

* "Cannabis ruderalis is a species of Cannabis originating in central Russia. It flowers earlier than C. indica or C. sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Wikipedia"

:thanks:

edit: just saw your new pics :bravo: you have flowers! I am very jealous now, you are always a step ahead,

looking good. Is your cat looking for moths?

The species of C. ruderalis is responsible for the sought after "auto-flowering" gene, which is why humans cross-bred it with indica or sativas, so we can benefit from the autoflowering (non-photoperiod dependent trait), combined with the unique medicine produced by indicas and sativas. In essence, the commercial "auto flowering strains" are genetically engineered, genetically modified by humans for our benefit, much like many things that are cross-bred to form a fruit or product that is pest/mold resistant, high yielding, and appealing to the pallet. I'm not really sure what your question ment "would you know if ALL autos/fem seeds are "ruderalis",
clearly all fem seeds aren't ruderalis, but all auto seeds (regular or fem) have a certain percentage of ruderalis in them. The percentage, or dilution of the gene will effect the flowering, and probability of the gene being expressed in the protiens. I suspect that with the KC-45's the intensity of the Brazilian sativa genetics, and really no indica presence, this makes for a larger than average sized autoflower compared to the indica crosses.

About the cat, she is not so much worried about the moths as she is about the Owls or the racoons coming to drink from her water cup. However, I did manage to squish a very large moth worm today that I found crawling near the lettuce. :biglaugh:

Hey Brotha Happy FreeWeed Day :thumb:
the garden the mj garden is looking very nice Brotha :high-five:

Hey Brotha Happy FreeWeed Day :thumb:
the garden the mj garden is looking very nice Brotha :high-five:

Thanks for the kind words and reps buddy! You too! :)

Here is a segment out of the documentary Botany of Desire, if people haven't seen the full doc. I'd advise watching it ( it's on youtube), this segment is specifically about our sacred plant. :Namaste:
[video=youtube;tKB5ykKYrVg]
[/video]

girls are looking great. 2 more weeks till I get home . I can't wait:thumb:

:woohoo: Can't wait for all the other outdoor journals to pop up , it's already feeling like summer here, 80 degrees in the Sun, very high UV index, going to be a lovely day for the ladies and seedlings, perfect for terpene and trichome production too :)

Thanks for dropping by fellow Boz, and may the "force" be with you!! :passitleft:

Coming along, if those Auto buds fill in they will be large buds:) I just ordered 10 auto seeds for early summer, probably plant around 4/1. Thinking would finish in July.

I think they're going to fill in heavily by the looks of it. I'll just have to worry about bud rot and worms once they do (as always), and peek into the colas to make sure. With that morning dew, you never really know. That combined with the fog that comes through and burns off with the sunrise.
I always pray for low humidity during that time :Namaste:

I can't speak on other auto seeds cause I haven't grown them, but I can say that this KC-45 gets bigger than a lot of the autos I've seen pictures of, usually I see real small plants, as NW says "a bud on a stick". I'm guessing with an indica cross you'd see the small plant and quicker flowering. Either way, ready to see another rocking greenhouse of yours, whenever the weather is ripe for it to pop up. :cheer:

you got 80's relaxed? that better than here right now at this very moment in time
sounds like your in a good spot for outdoors

sounds like your in a good spot for outdoors

Yeah, that's not such new news to you though :rofl: We're up in the 80's this afternoon, also supposed to be 81 tomorrow and mid 70's throughout the week, clear for miles. :)
The seedlings are bolting today, all leaves perked up to the sky directly positioned toward the sun. :surf:
Can't do much yard-work without getting too hot, sunburned, or too thirsty. Taking it easy today. :Namaste:

Top of the day to ya Lester. 80 degrees, I'm jealous. It was really nice yesterday, 63 but today it's raining like a cow on a flat rock. It's just about time to get some babies going for my summer outdoor crop.

Hey all remember about your clocks tonight!!!!!!!!!! Does any one know if the plants are effected by this??? I have heard and read what ever you chose as your start time to maintain it no matter what?? If you keep swinging 2 to 3 hours every day I would imagine it could cause some confusion for the plants. But does an hour here or there effect them???? Well good evening to all and keep it green!!!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste:

It's not like you can change the timer of the Sun, or the clock of the Sun, since I grow outdoors only, the time change makes no difference to me, but I agree with Hoggy that there is no reason to change the indoor timer since it's on a set interval, clocks though should be changed! :thumb:

Cheers everyone to the oncoming Spring Equinox, may all of your buds and flowers bloom, and your newly growing plants flourish!!~ :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom