Neither. It would be Dust for me which is my new favorite thing. Just like the hot sauce commercial, I put that **** on everything! :laughtwo:

But I'm not sure how it would work after being in the freezer. :hmmmm:
So you just eat it? Or do people smoke it? as the nice thing about extracting the good stuff from the plant is you're not messing with all that plant material.

So you just eat it? Or do people smoke it? as the nice thing about extracting the good stuff from the plant is you're not messing with all that plant material.
Yes, the plant material can be harder for your digestive system to digest. I don't smoke so couldn't say how it would work with that.

I've put it in olive oil on my salads, mixed it in beverages like milk and even water, added it to yogurt, mixed it with frosting and spread it on cookies, and on and on. Pretty flexible way to consume it and, because it's now an edible, the effects take longer to set in, but last for hours .

Yes, the plant material can be harder for your digestive system to digest. I don't smoke so couldn't say how it would work with that.

I've put it in olive oil on my salads, mixed it in beverages like milk and even water, added it to yogurt, mixed it with frosting and spread it on cookies, and on and on. Pretty flexible way to consume it and, because it's now an edible, the effects take longer to set in, but last for hours .
My mate who bakes and sells edibles often used to have a little snuff bag of it. Kept it next to the parmesan for his dinner 😂

Lots of holes around the net pot on the bottom are good to help excess water drain as well as getting air to those lower roots. Holes up the sides aren't necessary but can also be helpful to get more air all around, kind of like the Airpots. That said, I haven't done those yet on my larger SIPs, but I do on my 1L ones.
Any reason why not in the big ones lol that just made me more curious lol

Any reason why not in the big ones lol that just made me more curious lol
Watering is a bit more of a challenge with side holes since the water will dribble out of them when you top water unless you do it  very slowly. The smaller 1L containers are easy to put inside a slightly larger one to catch the run out, the larger ones not so much.

That's it. Probably more benefit to doing them than not, but they seem to work fine as they are.

Watering is a bit more of a challenge with side holes since the water will dribble out of them when you top water unless you do it  very slowly. The smaller 1L containers are easy to put inside a slightly larger one to catch the run out, the larger ones not so much.

That's it. Probably more benefit to doing them than not, but they seem to work fine as they are.
Hmm saying that my current problem I have tediously been fighting with is fabric pots , even wrapped I can’t get coverage the clibgfrilm breaks down fast bags fall appart and that makes me think howmuch is absorbed so I’m not double wrapping it lol, but I know there is 20litre a that will not hydrate for sure even fully wet how it comes out the bottom confirms this and crunchy bits when press , but used and donevthat much to change it but all I can do Is rebuild my new soil

i couldn’t wait to get in buckets to loose that element so I’m not gona side drill anything important part is 12inch soil for microbes optimal depth

Gorilla Punch auto is praying, morning, noon and evening !

Everyday :love:

Day 39 GP praying 30 Aug 2023.jpg

Cheers

I had this or have this , it got worse everything yellowed on me and I fed a bio bizz flower food which dropped the ph to 5.5 on water
turns out the ph of the soil in the top was fine the middle n bottom was 7.8 ,feeding lower ph helped also citric acid for one it is a chelate of nutrients and 2nd bubbles off any carbonates raising ph

i am end of flower I saved 3/4 the plant while the rest got spider mite
it’s locked down to the 1 plant with high ph soil the other plants are clear
matches a chart I was shown here few post ago to be honest lol
D73ECEFA-66EE-4EEC-8DF3-07F7886E23B5.png

the holes in buckets , I have?plans for like 20 holes round my net pot …do I need to do them up the sides too ??

image.jpg
I have the same perspective as AZI on 'side holes' for the planter itself. To me, it would be based on how wet my DIY SIP build ended up being. As a DIY it's tough to generalize/standardize, in particular, because a SIP's overall 'wetness' tends to be a function of the wick's total surface area and size - and what you put in it. I did an experiment once with 1/4'' pebbles and achieved a slow wicking, but wicking nonetheless, and ultimately drier SIP (was simply experimenting, it's not a recommendation, just an illustration).

I've used 5' inch hydro baskets in 5 gal pails myself but largely abandoned the 5-gal bucket for bigger planters because it's damn tough to pack enough LOS and 30% perlite and have enough nutrition for the plant. Even for synth grows, I want a larger rez for entirely personal reasons - ie be able to not attend the plant some days.

If I were using 5-gals again I'd probably do three levels of 7/32'' holes 3/4-1'' apart vertically starting at the very bottom of the planter. The goals there would be attempting to mediate that ultra-wet zone slightly, and secondarily, introducing oxygen via atmo gasses.

But, if it were my first 5-gal SIP bucket grow I'd do a cycle with it undrilled because it works just fine, and then see what the experience has got me thinking for the next cycle.

If I were doing buckets again I'd actually probably drill out the whole thing (above rez line, obviously) with more holes, the rows spaced closer and closer as I got to the bottom, and then slip a MalWart fabric shopping bag in there as a liner of sorts. Weird, I know, but weird is pretty :nerd-with-glasses:on-brand for me. You're good with just bottom holes.

Good luck to ya, keep us updated!

Hmm saying that my current problem I have tediously been fighting with is fabric pots , even wrapped I can’t get coverage the clibgfrilm breaks down fast bags fall appart and that makes me think howmuch is absorbed so I’m not double wrapping it lol, but I know there is 20litre a that will not hydrate for sure even fully wet how it comes out the bottom confirms this and crunchy bits when press , but used and donevthat much to change it but all I can do Is rebuild my new soil

i couldn’t wait to get in buckets to loose that element so I’m not gona side drill anything important part is 12inch soil for microbes optimal depth
Good call.

Realized I’d done my girls dirty by posting pics, a couple days ago, when they were at their worst, aesthetically - speaking. I had been doing some droughting, erm, “dry runs” given how different the technique is for SIPpers compared to trad. container growing. I’ve yet to master a good technique, so I told them, “Look, sweetheart, I’m just trying to come up with something repeatable to share with my SIP thread pals!” But they weren’t having any of it. “You care more about your buddies than you do us”, on and on.

Truth is, they were as droopy as anything that day, and now, after seeing the huge turgidity bump 24hrs after refilling the rez, I can see their point. So, I’m trying to make amends, reclaim their dignity… (and shut their nagging asses the hell up)

C’est voila: a Barbara Bud x Kryptonite (the more indica-looking one) and a Tropicana Runtz. All privately created seeds. She measures nearly 5ft across and is loving life under my 4.5ft square, 10 bar, true 1100w LED. Flipped her today. Def gonna throw on a scrog to manage stretch.
9C64C1DD-6813-4BE0-9A2F-3EDF64C74E91.jpeg
F5787600-FC4D-4C6C-9409-A5E5FA06F511.jpeg

And because I’ll never hear the end of it if I don’t, here’s what’s cooking in 5x5 number 2, a couple of OG Kush that suffered main stem breaks early in life that I’m rehabbing alongside some indoor cukes that’ll kick off my off-season indoor veggie garden.
EF20E85D-C9E7-46B9-BF19-5BB2757D3098.jpeg

D13C37BF-0E5D-4611-A39F-31B7C6AA8731.jpeg
Have I mentioned I’m getting consistent 15+ Brix readings on indoor, soilless, synthetic fertilized canna plants?! Lol. Please excuse my bragging but someone once told me this was not possible. Challenge taken, and bested.

And because I’ll never hear the end of it if I don’t, here’s what’s cooking in 5x5 number 2, a couple of OG Kush that suffered main stem breaks early in life that I’m rehabbing alongside some indoor cukes that’ll kick off my off-season indoor veggie garden.
EF20E85D-C9E7-46B9-BF19-5BB2757D3098.jpeg

D13C37BF-0E5D-4611-A39F-31B7C6AA8731.jpeg
Have I mentioned I’m getting consistent 15+ Brix readings on indoor, soilless, synthetic fertilized canna plants?! Lol. Please excuse my bragging but someone once told me this was not possible. Challenge taken, and bested.
I will have to get into this Brix testing just FFS I've read a few post's about it and seen it used in different horticultural applications.
Plants are looking good

Brix is measured by refractometer?

image.jpg

What do I do? Juice a leaf?

(I have a refractometer because covid and making pineapple beer for a bunch of people during lockdowns where booze was banned for about 3 months and then again another 2 - powerful stuff , I added lemongrass, chillies and ginger, very tropical)

Brix is measured by refractometer?

image.jpg

What do I do? Juice a leaf?

(I have a refractometer because covid and making pineapple beer for a bunch of people during lockdowns where booze was banned for about 3 months and then again another 2 - powerful stuff , I added lemongrass, chillies and ginger, very tropical)
Here's a how too .

Done. Checked against alcohol, rum, and read what I expected 40% ABV.

Took a leaf off a Wedding Crasher, 2 weeks into flower. Its in a solo cup with coco peat and fed all synthetic….

The result was…. drrr drrr drr drum roll…

Meh inconsistent. It wasn’t nearly as sharp in display. Blurred what ever I tried but 21-22% I think but honestly I don’t know that is at all legit.

I chopped 2 leaves and then crushed them in a little bag, like a 5g weed bag. Then poked a hole in it and squeezed a couple of drops out on to the plate.

So seems very high and I don’t trust it at all. So I just ordered a digital one, $20 TFI Friday gift for my self.

🤷🏽

Dust huh? You're doing this with the trim? Or with the actual buds? I'm a dyed-in-the-wool smoker, but I dabble in edibles. I find that every time I successively eat edibles though, the dosage has to double for a repeat effect.

I ended up making a 15gram batch of RSO with some of the trim. I'll save the bulk of it for a dry ice run when I return from vacation.

20230831_115839.jpg

Hey everybody, I follow along on this thread and have posted a few pics, and here is my latest, in drought and ready for harvest tomorrow at almost 13 weeks flowering! She was a slow-starter in flower, so I figured it would be a long ride, but 13-weeks is still a lot of time to wait. Luckily I was using a SIP so watering & maintenance of the plant in flowering was pretty easy. My biggest harvest so far was about 12 ounces, so fingers crossed, this one will produce more. I've been shooting for a pound, so I'm really eager to trim and weigh this one out. Thanks again to @Azimuth for putting me onto techniques like quad-lining, SIP, and droughting, some of which I was kind of doing before, but this plant is on a whole other level compared to some of my previous plants.

Dust huh? You're doing this with the trim? Or with the actual buds?
The trim I use on tropicals as I find the leaf a bit more taxing in the digestive tract, so I do it with flower, both decarbed and not. Then I can mix and match depending on what I want.

Thanks again to @Azimuth for putting me onto techniques like quad-lining, SIP, and droughting, some of which I was kind of doing before, but this plant is on a whole other level compared to some of my previous plants.
I'm pleased you're happy with the various techniques. All brought to you by :420:!

Back
Top Bottom