Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Hi guys, How are we all??
Hope all your gardens are green and growing well;) Lucy is taking off, she s gunna be a big girl! Ive got about 6 tethers on her atm, I am going to have to remove another branch I think for the best, I could leave it but Id rather it gone and not wasting time on its growth..
She has pushed out a nice row of branches to grow from. I hope that I position her well enough this time to maximise her potential, I will be and APPLYING what I KNOW from my experience this time and hope to finally grow a rewarding girl:)
DONT GET ME WRONG 1 lb is NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT!! But if I COULD grow a plant larger than Kikskum, as with Cindy but get the similar top canopy as this time, I may be able to pull over 1.5lb's from my plant in 15 weeks or so. THAT MARK WOULD GIVE ME CONFIDENCE TO SAY I HAVE A GOOD INDOOR TECHNIQUE for my space..
Id like to be able to help ANYONE who uses soil and a light in a grow space, to achieve a 1pound grow from 1 plant, so they do not need more than 1 plant to hit the pound mark.
Yes Im sure most also grow other strains for VARIETY - as I would like to do one day.. But for most guys who are getting maybe 6oz p/plant if they were wanting more but didnt know how - I could show them thru this journal how I went about it. There has been great posts throughout my journals on here from some of the best guys Ive spoken to about good ol ganja! These guys have saved my butt and ALWAYS popped in with some kind of info which I needed at the time.
Well ok guys, I will boot off for now as duty calls - so thanks for stopping by and giving me some help whenever I was stuck!!:goodjob::thanks: MUCH APPRECIATED PEEPS:) Take care and hope to chat soon. Smokemup:high-five:

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY s GROW *

Thanks guys for taking the time to stop in and say hi..
All has been well with Lucy so far, currently Im positioning branches still but she has started to speed up growth wise and is looking nice and healthy so far..
I have just been keeping her on 17/7 lighting schedule, and feeding some Seasol fowerfeed now and then, I have removed a few leaves from her but not many - only the essential ones. I may remove some branches if needed, some may not grow well due to others blocking them but it happens:)
My MH globe has shit itself I think as it flickers from bright white to an amber every now n then. Is it possible to get a higher lumen out put on a MH globe than certain stock globes? Or is that not possible - I kno it sounds bit silly but it was a question I found myself asking while reading a fellow members posts..
Lucy has been showing some purpling of stalks and thru stems also, not too dramatic but noticeable and it normally disappears earlier in my experience if its going to so I am hoping that this is a Purple cross strain potentially?
Well heres some pics of Lucy and a nug from Kiksum too:) She s a good smoke IMO I like each batch so far.. HERE SHE IS::

2013-03-20_16_48_49.jpg
2013-03-20_16_48_00.jpg
2013-03-20_16_48_591.jpg
I wish could show trichs;(

2013-03-20_20_15_162.jpg
2013-03-24_15_31_26.jpg
2013-03-24_15_33_12.jpg
You can see she s getting wider now which is good..

2013-03-24_15_33_22.jpg
Purple lines in my Lucy
2013-03-24_15_34_28.jpg
2013-03-24_15_35_05.jpg
2013-03-24_15_35_19.jpg

I hope that Lucy will bear some big buds later on when she s ready, Im getting a little more confident tho as I got a present..
A BIG THANK YOU TO GG7 :thanks::thanks: Who was generous enough to donate his portion of his win for POTM to me, which I graciously accepted:):)

2013-03-24_20_23_55.jpg
2013-03-24_20_23_27.jpg
2013-03-24_20_23_18.jpg

YES THATS RIGHT - IM ALL HOOKED UP WITH BPN PRODUCTS!! :party::party: BIG THANKS TO COREY FOR HIS HELP TOO WITH THIS:welldone: HE WAS A GREAT GUY TOO, I KNOW THAT IM THE ONLY ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE BPN. So now I can brag about it!! AWSUM , AGAIN THANKS GUYS!!!
I hope to see some result with this stuff, the ratio s on the label are tad confusing. It has example; 1-3-1 ratio. So what does that mean percentage wise of the nutrients or Should I just follow the 1.5ml per litre of water guide??
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED MY LUCYs PICS AND I HOPE TO SHOW YOU ALL SOME NICE NUGS AGAIN IN THE FUTURE!!:goodluck::goodluck:
Take care guys, hope all your gardens are going well too, Be cool.. Smokemup:yahoo::high-five::420:

on feeding i alway start with 1/4 strength and increase every feeding until i get to full strength..this mutant i got..the ws cutting...gets ripped out of the pot today ..its growing nothing but fans..found some plants like mine in a video..the link is in my journal..check it out..good..you got bpn...i soaked my coco last night..i'm going to mix some perlite in 1 part to 3 parts coco..and repot a couple plants..hope your having a good weekend..snowstorm going on here...later

Well Hey guys, How are we all on this fine day?? Thanks for dropping in;)
Im optimistic about Lucy s grow now that Im armed with some great food for my girl. I hope to at least be able to provide adequate P&K now during her flower, and some fine products for Veg too!! So thankful for GG7's good will guesture. Ill feed @ about 1.5ml p/L, every 2nd to 3rd water.. I am trying to avoid having a constant wet rootzone, in case of these F/gnats. I dont wanna DE yet, so Im holding off..
She is still growing at a reasonable rate, she manages to push out large fan leaves over 24hr period, So I really need to be selective in how I go about her arrangement this time. If you tether the branches incorrectly or too soon, they may not grow well and you can end up becoming your own enemy when it comes to growing large branches and light penetration..
Already you can see Lucy has made 3 large new Apical tops, then from under the new growth after the original main cola was tethered, the fans are so big Ive had to remove a few to let light thru to the new branch shoots. I will have to remove a branch or 2 soon, as for my style its best to keep the taller faster growing branches, and taking what is not going to grow well and is wasting energy from the plant too, so I do this over time, taking a leaf here or there and maybe a branch if needed. As she has fairly large fans theyre crowding each other already, and Im trying to keep ahead of her movements.. I dont like to do a major defoliation in one sit, it is ok if you havent trimmed your girl and she s just a mess of leaves like Ive seen on some plants!
I have some branches on Lucy that have a spiral shape to em due the plant turning and bending for light :) Looks cool.. Some of the shoots on the side of the branch thats being pulled toward the ground, will usually not grow well, as they have to go down and then grow out and up around the branch but usually by this time theres fan leaves above covering them from the shoots that werent made to twist and bend all around the plant then finally reach for light. Some Ill keep in this case pending on position but i do take em too. Thats upto each growers style tho.. Everyone has there own ways and different G/spaces,lighting etc;
For me as a kid, I saw a big plant being LST d across my mates dad s back fence, I didnt recognise it initially as Id only seen them grown vertically like pine trees, So it took a while to absorb that I was looking at a marijuana plant.. The fence was just over 6ft tall and spanned about 8metres across, He had this plant set up which was grown thru wire screen the plant wasnt the whole width of the fence but it was about 2.5ft in from the left and about 6ft from right. Was a very impressive plant and first LST Id seen, I still remember in summer stancding on the back steps lookin at it soaking up the sun:) Memories.. His dad got caught for some of that plants harvest, and he didnt do anything that I knew of for a while, until along time later after work we ended back up at his place for a few beers and dead set - He d extended up his backyard fence height with posts and then some 80% green shade cloth going around all of his back fence.. Well as I made my way thru the back gate and around the corner to the shed - I SPIED THIS FRIGGIN MONSTER XMAS TREE!!!
It was massive, well to me it was!! It would have stood 8ft and was easy as wide, he went to it and stood in the middle and stretched out his arms and the plant was wider and also buds were larger than his arms in length and about the same width.. I took some pics of him standing there with a fishin hat,sunnies and a big grin from ear to ear with his arms stretched out, then we took some of the buds, they were mad.. He didnt get done for that one funnily enough??
But yeah - that was the first way I was shown how to grow the plant across and turn each branch into a vertical bud machine:) he didnt call it LST, just ' Creeping ' in reference to growing grape vines, the method of tucking the branches and training along the fencing wire and had told me of 2nd generation mother ganja plants and shit Id not heard of!
So that had always been in my mind as a great way to grow but I never had the skills or knowledge til I was nearing my late teens, then I was skooled a bit better and learned alot.. That was what I wanted to do, and had only attempted 2 half assed LST grows prior to coming onto here, But what I saw here first off were plants being trained AROUND the pot and not reallly that big. Then after searching thru journals I saw basically what I do now. But these guys were Super cropping, I understand the concept of it, but I dont kno if that would out grow an LST d plant? I dont like hurting my girls too much, and I pray they will give me large potent buds in return for my care..
That, and Im counting on BPN's labels comment of 'produces heavier buds ' :) SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME LUCY;)
"Grow my Giant Green Ganja Girl Goddess of GREATNESS " :adore::adore::green_heart:
Ok well Ill be off now to have a toke n coffee, Cheers for stopping by and for the support and kind words about Kiksum's harvest.. IMO she wasnt what she could have been, But what she did was very surprising - she doubled my expected total, cant complain. Even if it were some lame crap smoke, its still better than not having any weed at all!! Thankfully I didnt ruin her, just in the bag some smells average until touched then its good. I managed to get it to a point where its dry - but not crumbling stems and its not wet. A minute or so in the fresh air and its bak to bein stanky;)
Take care guys, Cheers again and will update with pics of Lucy in the near future. Catch ya, Smokemupm8:rollit::thanks::420:

26/3/13 - Just over 5 weeks since Lucy popped up..

Lucy is really pushing along I dont know what it is but she is a fast mover, she may slow up over the next couple of days, I removed a branch and 3 leaves earlier.. Her set up is going to be the key factor in the end result, So its in my best interests to stick to my guns and just go with what Ive done before, I have her basic set up planned out but it will also have to wait until she grows to a certain point and then I can see where we re at again.
Im glad to see that there is still the little purple markings thru her:) POSSIBLY THE PLANTS ATTEMPT AT CAMOUFLAGE?? lol.. But yeah I think its cool anyway..
My thoughts are that once I have Lucy s branch shoots organised and Im slowing my tethering down of her top shoots, she will head upwards rapidly - well thats what I hope will happen as she shows good branch growth and foliage so I hope to keep her happy with the good ol BPN and maybe, just maybe, Ill outdo Cindy??
At this point im leaving some shoots alone and leaves as theyre going to die off and will not survive long, soon to be over shadowed by a canopy, I will be leaving more fan leaves attached to each Apical top, which if im right will produce bigger buds, as I removed alot last time and I feel it may have affected her growth, as when I compared to previous pics I could definately see Id left more on all of them, and they were larger cola's before also. But IDK for sure, its just thinking at this stage..
Ok GUYS HERES A FEW PICS OF LUCY ALL PERKED UP:)

2013-03-26_18_14_19.jpg
See her branches from here..
2013-03-26_18_15_37.jpg
Her side shoots im tryin to get vert.
2013-03-26_18_14_01.jpg

And last of all, A pic of most of Lucy.. She s cruising along well so hope that things stay like this and she can grow a decent size with the hopes of a larger harvest.. Take care guys, Thanks for taking the time to drop in. Catch ya later, Smokemup

llllllllllLucy is looking good..i see a lot of bud sites..this may be your best yield..got my fingers crossed..i started 3 plants on lst yesterday..got a reveg i had to move branches down and sideways..branches were crossing each other..just a mess..:thumb:

I hope so too Miwa!
But yeah Im trying to not cross them over each other too much, mainly I just sort of spread out branches that are to the side and leave the vert ones alone as they will be fine thru the grow, So my goal is to produce enough branches to multiply the amount of cola's.
She is looking great today and I think Ill give her some of the good stuff ( bpn ) today, cant wait to see how she goes in the next few weeks:)
Thanks for dropping by!! Take care bro, Smokemup..

i got branches on my hash plant that crossed themself..i un-crossed them when i LSTed her..you know how a reveg plant got branches going in all directions..another trick to bring those lower budsites up is to tie the top of the main stem to itself...if you don't won't to top...

Hey smokey you ever been to a place called Nimbin?

Yeah I kno what you mean;)
I have a harder time doing my training than what youd do on a re veg IMO. When you consider the time and amount of times I re position branches it is kinda hands on..
But you see, when you set the plant as I have, it will respond pretty much the same as all mine have ( it should? ) so when you start her basic base starts kind of ' \__/ ' with a row of branches all thru the middle standing vertically, then from the lower branches produciing from the sides, they go out and then up, so they have a bit more growth to do than the rest. That is why I lose some of these, as if they dont keep up theyre swallowed alive by the larger stronger branches. If you have about 14 main tops then that should be enough for a good yield, I think I had about 13 this time, and they had their branches coming from them. ITS ALL POSITION POSITION POSITION!!
As the plant gets to about 3ft it will be hard to move unless you have good space, so this is where I begin to make the final tether points and let her go from there.. I wont top her mate, I avoid that as much as possible, Its bad enuf I took a couple of branches already!! Im not hacking at her atm, Im just taking whats neccessary and I hope to have a bushy Lucy soon.
Thanks for stopping over again Jimmy, I liked your ROFLMAO pic:):) Lol.. Take care mate, Smokemup

Hi bro,
NIMBIN??? Hmm, I dont recall ever leaving there - BUT I was there once! lol.. Yeah Ive been thru, Its a cool place, lots of street vendors endorsing healthy lifestyle, even tho thats slowed down a bit due to pressure from Gov. But theres always buskers and bong paraphenalia. Theres a town called Griffith that we worked at for a while its not far from Nimbin. It actually took us longer to meet some good growers and suppliers as we were low on smoke, in Nimbin than Griffith?? In Griff, we went into the Pub ( bar ) to have a beer, after 5 mins we went to start a game of pool and were approached by a younger guy who got us to take him for a quick drive and we soon had some bud:) It was really strong smelling I remember, and the guy did us a good deal which was a bonus.
But at Nimbin, I think due to the media crap about the place lately, was a little harder - alot of tourists, So it wasnt until we decided to go for a walk down the public toilets, after leaving there we wen to grab some food and when we went to a small shop that made hamburgers,hotdogs,sausage rolls etc; and it was here we saw a guy who had a few items of food and his eyes were red as hell:tokin: So my mate said as we passed him if he knew of any smoke.. He took few seconds and finally said yeah - Ill meet ya back here in 15 mins ok? We agreed and he finally got back nearly 30 min later. He got us some pretty lame stuff ay, I was expecting better than Griff? But it didnt happen, after we complained he said he could get some hash - but after this effort I was against it, so we didnt bother.
A few mates go there sometimes hunting, great for pigs and also some foxes, But yeah - Have you been there or sumthn?? I prefer here in Soutj Australia:) Great weather, open spaces and the laws on ganja are reasonable compared to other states.. You can have 3 plants p/house outdoor, if you use lights they may take them or just fine you for it.. They dont mind it outside, but you have to worry about thieve as people fence hop all the time. I TOO AM GUILTY OF FENCE HOPPING WHEN I WAS 17:( We used to go just before harvest time and pull some plants just as they were finishing up - very risky tho! I onl did it for a while when we were homeless and were scamming to get thru.
I ALWAYS felt bad for doing it - and now Ive been on the recieving end and its very hard to deal with, espec. when it comes to some one entering your house. The back yard well, thats not so bad-but actually breaking in.. Makes you feel vulnerable,a feeling I knew not much of, until then. But I launched a campaign on ppl and now people do their best to avoid me? I havent accused ppl of the robbery, But for some reason, ALOT of the ppl who d talk to me like we best friends for years - now try to get out of my sight asap.. If they had no guilt theyd have nothing to fear.. All I at least expected from these guys ( mates for 14yrs ) was for 1 of them to pull me aside and say, "hey - this happened blah blah" but all I get is silence. Bit disapointed but thats the nature of the game isnt it..
Ok well thanks Jimmy again, glad to hear from ya! Sorry about my ramble... Its that time of the day. Im baked:):) Lol. Take care, Smokemup

oh on some youtube video they made nimbin look like ampsterdam.

:(:( SAD TIMES AHEAD????

Before I was adjusting some tethers on Lucy, and while I went to release some tension - SNAP! - Lucy s neck broke:(:( I managed to keep it still intact but it split into the middle Id say. I braced it and then taped it back into position. I fear that this will be her demise, But maybe, Just maybe she ll pull thru??
IM SORRY..... And very very sombre atm.. Fingaz crossed - the next 24hrs will tell me if she s lost her original cola. She may die altogether, But I think that maybe the others will continue to grow?

Well it couldnt of been as bad as this break, which happened in veg.
DSCN5335.JPG

which still turned into this :)
DSCN6475.JPG
0031004.JPG
004928.JPG

later on from the weight of the buds, that break actually ended up splitting the main stem in half all the way down to the dirt too. But it kept on growing.

Hope all goes well man! Damn! On another two notes Customs is a bear on booth ends. I have been thinking about doing one big girl at a time ( well maybe an auto thrown in ). Gonna have to go back and read on Cindy.

she split in half nearly but was attached still by a thin bit pair of veins. I caught it quickly and applied some elastic tape to it, before lights out she was not looking as perky, But today she is perked up again and the leaves coming from it are still perkiy and raised so Im HOPING TO GANJA GOD She ll survive..:oops:
If she wasnt perky this morning Id have thought she d be stuffed.. MAYBE THE BPN IS KEEPING HER GOIN??? Thanks mate, Smokemup

Well mate - Sorry to say it, But IT WAS PROBABLY A BIT WORSE!! Lucy was only attached by the bit of stem that had folded backwards on itself once it split... NOT GOOD. Her whole top few nodes and main cola just snapped clean in half I could hear the snap.. But the trick will be if she surives will be that it DID snap so clean and becos I used elastic tape, Ive seen it used before on someones repair job for a split and in a couple of weeks it was ok, they removed the tape and the plant healed itself and just had a lump around where it had snapped and new growth grown.. Hoping Ill be ok.. As I said before - Id have expected her head to be drooping and all growth on it limp if in fact she had been Mortally Wounded?? Ill give her another 24hrs, if she is still alive Im in with a chance:) I just wrapped some thin wire around the stem to help support it - ID HATE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOPPING HER HEAD OFF :'(
We ll see mate, fingaz crossed// Smokemup

WE WILL PRAY JIMMY.. WE WILL PRAY:Namaste: lol
But yeah I had another look at your split,, It is very similar anyway.. That sucks, least it stayed alive.. We still have hope!

Back
Top Bottom