Soil, Cabinet, CFL, Supercrop, FIM 1st Grow

I'm not sure what to do...

Today is day 28 for the Bubblegum and injured Bigbud - day 13 or 14 for the Northern lights and Afghani. My plan was to transplant the Bigbud into a 4 gall pot today, but I think I see pre-flowers and it's a male.

I can't see pre-flowers on the BG, but now looking at the BB I'd say BG is a girl and BB is a boy.

My first thought is to put the BB into the temp closet and go 12/12 to know for sure. The only problem with that is that it's in a 1 gallon pot. If I'm wrong about the sex and it's a girl, is it OK to transplant to a bigger pot a week into flower?

Well, I'm going to try to take some close-ups of the nodes so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :peace:

I just took some pictures and I'm pretty sure I have no idea what sex any of them are. ;) What looked like balls on the BB are just a bundle of little ummm don't know what those like structures that grow at the nodes are called. But 3 hours later what looked just like balls opened a bit and it's not.

OK, so I'm going to transplant the injured Bigbud and place the 2 week old plants in a separate temp veg room, because my cabinet won't more than 2 large pots.

I'm off to home depot to get some stuff to make this happen... Hopefully I'll post pics tonight.

I'm not sure what to do...

Today is day 28 for the Bubblegum and injured Bigbud - day 13 or 14 for the Northern lights and Afghani. My plan was to transplant the Bigbud into a 4 gall pot today, but I think I see pre-flowers and it's a male.

I can't see pre-flowers on the BG, but now looking at the BB I'd say BG is a girl and BB is a boy.

My first thought is to put the BB into the temp closet and go 12/12 to know for sure. The only problem with that is that it's in a 1 gallon pot. If I'm wrong about the sex and it's a girl, is it OK to transplant to a bigger pot a week into flower?

Well, I'm going to try to take some close-ups of the nodes so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :peace:
I would transplant now and then put into 12/12. I have never transplanted after beginning of bloom cycle, but i suspect that it could be done. I just would'nt take the chance. Why did you not tie down the supercropped branch. Don't we want the branch to lay down, so more light can penetrate ?? Guess i'm not understanding the purpose of supercropping.

Hope BB isn't really a boy!!

I just had that talk today about my seedlings as they are ready to repot now with roots coming out the bottom of the pot... and I was told emphatically that NO its not a good idea to repot once in flower, you want the plant to put all its energy at that time into producing bud, and they would get shocked by transplanting. Not to say that its going to have disasterous results and I've seen grow threads where it was done, but it is easier on the plant to repot in veg and then flower once the initial shock has worn off, it can put all its energy into flowering out the biggest stickiest buds for you :cheer:

Day 28 Update

I transplanted the injured Bigbud into a 4 gallon pot and set up the Norther Lights and Afghani kids in their own veg room.

Here are pics of the happy family when there were all together earlier today.

2-26h.jpg

Here's the Bubblegum in her cab with no flash

2-26d.jpg

Here's the BG with flash. This green is closer to her true color.

2-26c.jpg

I thought I did a good job supercropping the Bubblegum, but there is now a whole going through the stem. Yes, you can see right through to the other side! But it doesn't seem to be hurting her.;)

2-26a.jpg

Here's the Bigbud. It hasn't caught up, but it's now more than half the size of the Bubblegum.

2-26g.jpg

Here's a side shot of BigB. The funky stem is actually looking a lot better. But you can't tell in this shot

2-26b.jpg

Day ~14 & Northern Lights is doing well :cool:

2-26e.jpg

Day ~14 & Pure Afghani is the runt of the group, but looking nice.

2-26f.jpg

I've just started adding some nutes. I mixed up some Mexican and Peruvian guano at half strength. I fed the yougins at ~1/4 strength and Bigbud at half strength last night. This morning they looked like they had a growth spurt, most importantly they reacted well. Today I fed the Bubblegum at half strength plus a touch of blackstrap molasses.

I bought some inexpensive Liquid Seaweed today. Will foliar feed with it tomorrow. That's about it for now :peace:

I've always said my cat is incredibly destructive. Today I woke up to find is his Pièce de résistance!

He managed to punch a hole in the bottle of liquid seaweed and make a nice puddle of brown mud on the carpet. There are also dozens of kitty paw prints all over my apartment. All over the carpets leading into every room, on the counters in the bathroom and kitchen. Apparently liquid seaweed makes a lovely cat print ink.

The good news is that it doesn't smell like seaweed - which makes me wonder about this stuff. It wipes up off counters and hard floors easily. Even the prints on the carpet come up fairly easily. The bad news is the more substantial glops of it, don't come up easily and I'll have to rent a carpet cleaner from ACE.

I heard about some crazy TV chef in England who's been serving feline dishes. He claims cats have the most delicious meat. That sounded gross initially, but it doesn't seem as crazy today. ;)

rsz_cat_messa.jpg

rsz_cat_messb.jpg

Hey bud, your plants all look terrific! :bravo:

Sorry to hear about your seaweed fert and your cat's recent escapade! I've showed the pics of your carpet to our cat Sara and warned her that if she even thinks about getting into my stuff... she could end up in England! She promised me that she has no intent to do any evil deeds and doesn't like the fan that runs in there all the time!:smokin:

Hey bud, your plants all look terrific! :bravo:

Sorry to hear about your seaweed fert and your cat's recent escapade! I've showed the pics of your carpet to our cat Sara and warned her that if she even thinks about getting into my stuff... she could end up in England! She promised me that she has no intent to do any evil deeds and doesn't like the fan that runs in there all the time!:smokin:

Thanks man! Pretty good so far for a CFL grow. I'm not sure which did it, but they got nutes and a seaweed molasses foliar feeding and they look really nice today. The Bigbud was wilted from shock this morning and today she's looking better than ever.

Ya got ta laugh that this cat! At least that wasn't kitty diarrhea! Got to look on the bright side, so I'm happy for that ;) I'm definitely gonna get him high when my grow is done. He needs to mellow out :cool:

LOL my cat ate one of the largest fan leaves off a newly repotted seedling today. I feel your pain buddy. They're so damn fast. My cat has taken the the only two opportunities alone with the plants to mow them down... whats funny is he won't go after my birds but he'll mow down a nice smelly plant in a hurry!

LOL my cat ate one of the largest fan leaves off a newly repotted seedling today. I feel your pain buddy. They're so damn fast. My cat has taken the the only two opportunities alone with the plants to mow them down... whats funny is he won't go after my birds but he'll mow down a nice smelly plant in a hurry!

hehehe... yeah you can't turn your back on them! You have no idea how difficult it was to clean up that seaweed mess. After going over it with the Rug Doctor 25 times and still left with a big black ring I thought there was nothing I could do. But after about 100 times it finally came up ;)

My cat loves to open cabinets. I had to put some child proofing thingies on a couple. My biggest fear is that he'll figure out how to open my grow cabinet or slide the closet door open of my other grow. It will be kitty stew for dinner if he does!:laughtwo:

Why did you not tie down the supercropped branch. Don't we want the branch to lay down, so more light can penetrate ?? Guess i'm not understanding the purpose of supercropping.

Hi Slowpuffer, thanks for comment. The purpose of supercropping is not to bring light beneath the canopy. It's to bring growth to the plant beneath the supercropped section. This leads to more tops, which can then be FIM'd or topped.

You're describing LST'ing and I suppose one could use a sort of supercroping method to bend the plant over and then tie it down. I'm a newb, but it sounds like you could combine the techniques. This way you would have strongly growing lower growth AND giving them extra light.

Here's a link to a great tutorial. I think at some point he discusses LST'ing in combination with supercropping. I think he's says it's not necessary, but I could be hallucinating all of this :Rasta:

I've always said my cat is incredibly destructive. Today I woke up to find is his Pièce de résistance!

He managed to punch a hole in the bottle of liquid seaweed and make a nice puddle of brown mud on the carpet. There are also dozens of kitty paw prints all over my apartment. All over the carpets leading into every room, on the counters in the bathroom and kitchen. Apparently liquid seaweed makes a lovely cat print ink.

The good news is that it doesn't smell like seaweed - which makes me wonder about this stuff. It wipes up off counters and hard floors easily. Even the prints on the carpet come up fairly easily. The bad news is the more substantial glops of it, don't come up easily and I'll have to rent a carpet cleaner from ACE.

I heard about some crazy TV chef in England who's been serving feline dishes. He claims cats have the most delicious meat. That sounded gross initially, but it doesn't seem as crazy today. ;)

rsz_cat_messa.jpg

rsz_cat_messb.jpg
I used hairspray to remove permanant ink from a leaky marking pen. Pure white carpet. You spray it on till the area is wet, then dab at it with clean paper towels. Hold the towel firmly againgt the carpet, and the towel:surf: will suck the ink out. You could try this, before renting the shampooer, unless you need to do the whole thing anyhow. It don't matter what brand hairspray, the cheaper the better. Mine was aquavelvet !! And you'd think this would be enough to stop women from using it ??

Hey Slowpuffer, thanks for the tip. But in this case the seaweed was non-staining and just a matter of extracting all of it from the carpet. It was like someone throwing a cup of mud on the carpet, it's just got to sopped up. Putting hair spray on that wouldn't make a difference. Unfortunately it just took forever to get all of it to come up, but fortunately it eventually did. ;)

Just watched the video, hilarious, absolutely hilarious!

:goodjob::welldone::thumb::ganjamon:

I hate getting bombarded with cutesie youtube videos and "humorous" emails that mostly are neither cute or funny. I guess it's just a matter of taste, but I found this one very funny!

I think the fact that I was completely suckered into thinking it was a legitimate documentary on Spiders made it work so well. :ganjamon:

For those that didn't see it on the previous page. :peace:

YouTube - Spiders On Drugs

I just showed my wife the video, I don't know maybe she just doesn't get it or something. I'm cracking up (and I've already watched it) and she's looking at me like WTF is wrong with you! LOL I thinks its great. :thumb:

It was definitely funnier the second time I watched it. Make her watch it again!:rofl: I didn't even have any weed to really enjoy it ;)

The part that wasn't funny was the marijuana spider becoming the crack spider's bitch. OK, it wasn't funny until now... LOL!

I first saw the spider video on this cable TV show and before that they show a real military documentary of soldiers who were given L S D. It's really fucking funny as the soldiers are mostly uncontrollable laughing. It's in black and white and you can't hear them, but you can see this one guy lying on the ground with the back of his head up against a tree and he's laughing so hard you can tell he's gasping for air. It was really making me want to start a mushroom grow journal.:laugh:

It was definitely funnier the second time I watched it. Make her watch it again!:rofl: I didn't even have any weed to really enjoy it ;)

The part that wasn't funny was the marijuana spider becoming the crack spider's bitch. OK, it wasn't funny until now... LOL!

I first saw the spider video on this cable TV show and before that they show a real military documentary of soldiers who were given L S D. It's really fucking funny as the soldiers are mostly uncontrollable laughing. It's in black and white and you can't hear them, but you can see this one guy lying on the ground with the back of his head up against a tree and he's laughing so hard you can tell he's gasping for air. It was really making me want to start a mushroom grow journal.:laugh:

I'm sure you'll find many subscribers!:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom