Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb (Auto) & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Thelma and Louise - Day 12

Hello all. :) The girls seem to be doing okay to great today. Thelma seems to have taken off a little bit from this time yesterday, while Louise looks no better, but no worse either. The soil still feels quite wet to my fingers, but maybe its a bit less today than yesterday.

Thelma is quite a bit further along than Louise, but I expected that from the beginning, since this THC bomb is an auto and Louise is a Strawberry Blue strain photo.

I hope all is well in yalls greenhouses and your abodes too. :blushsmile:

Thelma - Rah Rah Ree! Cant help but cheer for her! hehe
Thelma419.JPG

Louise - Id rub her feet, but I dont think her roots will appreciate the gesture so I settle for quiet encouragement and good thoughts for her.
Louise419.JPG

Re: Sorenna's (2015) THC Bomb THC/Strawberry Blue Autoflowers in soil under LED

I think starting them off in a SWICK setup, especially with LED which I hear produce less heat and evaporate less water, is tough-er.

I pulled my plants from the SWICK for two days to dry out. And I feel better. And they are a bit drier. They are back on the perlite crack, but I haven't watered the perlite in two days. Just foliar and a cup a water each around the outside perimeter of each plant.

I think the SWICK will work once the plant is larger,, first few weeks I want the roots to work for the water, I think the SWICK makes it a lil easy. I don't want that just yet, I don't think. YMMV.

Good luck, don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small....

Im not really sweating anything yet. I was pretty bummed when I checked in the tent yesterday, but already, today, I feel better about things. Thanks for stopping in and giving me your thoughts. :thanks:

I would have to agree with MassMedMan. The main goal as a young seedling is to develop a large root structure. When there is less water in the medium, the roots have to actively search and grow in order to find moisture. If there is a constant abundance of moisture directly at the taproot, then the plant sees no need to continually expand its root structure.

If it were me, if let the medium dry out quite a bit and see how they progress.

Thats pretty much my plan. No new moisture, let them dry out a bit, see how they do. Put them back on the perlite until they get nice and moist again, then once again blocking their access to moisture. Maybe, as MassMedMan says, they will take the wetness better when they get bigger and I can phase out the taking them off the perlite. Only one way to find out. Stay tuned! lol

Gosh, this is starting to remind me of a science experiment. Mr. Claborn would be proud! :D

I still believe it works or has value, but, in large pots, fabric pots I think it makes the soil more moist than desirable, early on...but, maybe I just over watered my perlite and created a situation from that. Either way, catching it and correcting is key. Good luck.

The SWICK was designed for living organic soils. It will work for other soils, but they must be in proper ratio in regards to the aeration component. It's unfortunate that yours missed that mark, but live and learn. I think your approach may work well. I need to speak of this on the SWICK thread.

It's not really rocket science either, or that new. The name might be, but the technique isn't. I was speaking or telling my friend the greenhouse guy today, once I explain it he knew about it right away. He called it the perlite crack method. This guy is around sixty, mid sixties. He said it works well for tomatoes, I told him that was what I was doing,, of course. ;)

Funny how things professional gardeners have been doing for decades are renamed and brought to a new industry.

It's not really rocket science either, or that new. The name might be, but the technique isn't. I was speaking or telling my friend the greenhouse guy today, once I explain it he knew about it right away. He called it the perlite crack method. This guy is around sixty, mid sixties. He said it works well for tomatoes, I told him that was what I was doing,, of course. ;)

Funny how things professional gardeners have been doing for decades are renamed and brought to a new industry.
That wouldn't be the first time a stoner came up with a new name for something :)

Happy 420 Everyone! Smoke a doob :love:

Happy 420! :tokin:

Thelma and Louise - Day 13

Today is much like yesterday. Thelma is doing her thing and Louise is no worse. I dont really have anything to report on today so Ill just ramble. haha.

Both girls seem to have their own personalities. Right now, Thelma is a joy. She is happy and healthy and putting on a little more girth everyday. She likes the camera and getting her picture taken. haha
thelma420.JPG

Louise is my sickly baby. She is still in a snit about the excess water, but shell come out of it. I can see her new growth just waiting to come in, 3rd set of leaves. She cant seem to help herself. hehe
Louise420.JPG

I hope you all had a happy 420. I did. First time in a very long time that Ive gotten to celebrate it the best way. :)

happy42015.JPG

Did you have a happy 420? :blunt:

Next year you'll be celebrating with a higher caliber of product. It's a good thing. :laughtwo::green_heart:

My Buddha took her time too, and then she was first to harvest. You never know Sorenna. They look marvelous!

Hi yall.

Just doing out daily check in. They are just kinda doing a drive by, posing for a few minutes and then off again because they have tickets to a concert! Yall have a great day!

Thelma and Louise - Day 14

Thelma - Isnt she lovely?
Thelma421.JPG

Louise - I think she looks a little be less peaked. :)
Louise421.JPG

Til next time... :)

Thelma's trying to leave Louise in the dust! LOL! I think Louise looks better too. She's got nice new leaves popping out. Good save Sorenna.

My black thumb strikes again!

It looks like I lost her. Louise was lying down in her bed this morning like she is too tired to continue. Im pretty sure Im gonna pop another Bomb THC Bomb. Itll only be 2 weeks behind the other one. That will give me the opportunity to change up the ratio of perlite to soil in that pot.

Im not happy about it, by any means, but it is as much as I expected. At least I only killed one and it took 2 weeks to do it!

:thedoubletake: What happened?? She looked fine yesterday?? You sure she wasn't just droopy from over watering? Rarely do these Cannabis plants go from green growth to dead in the water. Unless they are black, rotten, or dried and shriveled there is usually still hope.

Back
Top Bottom