Spimps 2013 1st Grow - Ghetto Micro

:party::cheer:Awesome Spimp! Too bad you cant share whats on that plate with us 420 friends! :passitleft: :cheesygrinsmiley: Really exciting to hear your great smoke report. Looks like weed is just like garden veggies- Always best when home grown. Yummmmm!:thumb: Smoking a bowl in your honor sir!:peace:

I promise if I could I would!! I feel like I have more friends here than in my normal life. :) I dont hang out with my boys anymore,Im a family man now. But there is nothing I enjoy more than siting around outside with a little fire, maybe a cold beverage, and smoke rolling. If any of you ever have to travel over any "fly over states", Maybe we can hook up. :party:
I love how u are so open about near killing your girls spimpo :) since I tagged along mate iv not seen u do wrong :)
I feel sure your ambers will start to multiply soon. To the naked eye they look like there getting very near... Try hold out for the milky amber ratio that suits your smoking desires

Agreed about the ambers. Although Scarfinger has me thinking... Im gonna try sir!! ;) I am not gonna claim to be something Im not. You guys took my hand and showed me the path. All praise to :420: and the memebers here! Im a hack barely making it through. I thank every single comment and advise that has been given!! :thanks:

I agree, by looks, from a distant they look close and mainly saying that because I don't trim super close to the buds and I wouldn't want any crispy leaves in my bud. But would I pass up some bud that had crispy leaves in it?... hell no!! lol.

You bring up a valid point sir. All of the crispy leaves have been the fans and peel away with a slight touch. But obvisouly I do have alot of damaged leaves as well. Hmmm.... :hmmmm:
18-22g? I say given a week/two week 22-30g

Getting my yield guess in early :)

You sir, just made my day. :) :) :) I was gonna guess a little higher, but I didnt want to be dissapointed if I fell short. Its my basic Moon vs Stars philosophy. Aim for the stars, and the moon seems like a dissapointment. But Im happy with getting to the moon, after all the stars are closer from there! :party:

Btw, picked up some Platinum Kush earlier. I havnt tasted it yet but OMG is it stinky! Im more of an indica guy, But Fish Cakes sativaday I felt was a sign. :)

Just starting to get into the kush's myself.

They do look impressive.

Well, after thinking about Scarfingers comment all night, today I did a THOROUGH inspection and I have a descion to make. SOON. First Ill lay out all the facts, then my opinion, and hopefully you guys will chime in.

1. Some of the sugar leaves have amber trics, but the buds are at 1% from what I can see.
2. The hairs are at 70% withered, maybe more, the bright ones seem to be from new growth. foxtailing?
3. After a good inspection, 2 colas have very very slight damage. Basically a calayx on each is started to brown.
4. The new yellowing leaves seem to not have the cal.mg def. They are yellowing, but no new spots. the FF TB seems tohave nipped the micro problem.
5. The 'buds' re covered in milky trics with almost no clears. Less clears than ambers. And COATED with milky ones.
6. Day 57 flower. Bagseed.

Ok, my opinion is, the wait may not be worth chancing it. If I wait a week and the damage gets any worse, Ill be sick. :bitingnails: Mind you we are talking about roughly .05% of the buds total. But is waiting for it to be in the 5% damage range worth the extra days of growth?? :hmmmm: I cant tell you how rapidly its onset, or if it has been there for a week already. Ive been tric searching and probably neglected looking into it more closely. The other possibility is to harvest the buds showing damage early. ut From what ive seen, this will shut down the rest of the plant for several days basically doing me no good.
Im really perplexed by this one guys. Any ide, comment, critisism is appreciated! If you read this, even if you are a complete noob like me, comment and lets see if we can brainstorm this thing out.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:
:helpsmilie:

Hey super spimp :)
I feel ur pain trying to come to the best decision
I would personally keep on growing give it 2 days if damage has worsened badly then harvest
If it has not shoot for another 2-3 days by that point u might be we're u desire :)

Iv seen a few mentions of this fox tailing, can u or another tell me what it is?

Im not a million percent positive as to foxtailing. I believe it is an already establishedbuds last ditch effort to collect pollen. New clayxs and hairs start firing up. Often looking like green new growth oddly shooting out of the compact budsite. But all this I have gathered on my own from reading,:reading420magazine: so I could be way way off. Maybe Fish Cake or someone can clarify.

And I think you may have the best course of action. Throught this grow, I have learned the best thing to do when there is a problem is to slow down and reevalute.

Whatever u decide spimp it will be the best decision for u.
As if that gawgus girl started life as bag seed :)

Now u mention it I remember a pik of RICO RICO s wardrobe girl fox tailing and ur description seems to make sense with how it looked :)
That girl of RICOs was a freak of nature best cfl plant iv seen

Yours is very nice to spimp :)

don't be scared by fox tailing.
but its your grow do as you think is best brother.

Ya the foxtailing isnt really my concern. I think Im gonna just check these girls the next few days and see if the browning gets any worse or what have you. If I had to take her down tomorrow Id still be more than happy. :ganjamon:

Hey super spimp
I feel ur pain trying to come to the best decision
I would personally keep on growing give it 2 days if damage has worsened badly then harvest
If it has not shoot for another 2-3 days by that point u might be we're u desire

Iv seen a few mentions of this fox tailing, can u or another tell me what it is?

My last grow started doing this a bit. You will noticed the buds swelling up ( a good thing!) and putting on some more weight. Swollen calyxes will pop out 4 to 6 white hairs and kind of start to grow on each other. In extreme cases ( I only have seen pictures ) it looks like a tunnel or maybe cornrows.

It may be a sign that the bud/plant is maturing, or maybe it is genetic.

Now I am saying its all good. Relax... Relax... You got her right where you want her. She is maturing and putting on some weight. She is giving you some love back and stimulating your senses :)

Now... The only thing that may happen (*and I have no idea if this is from feminized or if all cannabis can do this*), which happened on my last grow, is she may try to make love to herself... lol :) *I got myself cracking up* :) Mine produced a couple bananas and then I pulled the plug on her.

good weed Spimp!
fingers are crossed

Good morning Spimp. Deciding when to harvest sounds like a deliteful problem to have!:thumb: As good as those nugs on your plant look- I'm betting you will be pleased with her regardless of when you take her down. :high-five::cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks. :circle-of-love: So I was out of town yesterday, so no chance to over analys anything. ;) But today is a new day! :rofl:
Update, I was looking for those two damaged calyx's today and discovered something crazy. I have a sugar leaf that is 80% amber trics. WTF?? So I look around more and alot of the sugar leaves are at like 25% amber, or golden. :hmmmm: The buds have a few more ambers as well. And I got distracted and never did find the damaged parts. So Im leaning towards letting her go til at least Friday night. That would be ten weeks flowering.
In other news Im having a hard time with a seedling I have going. Sprouted 6-12. Its a NLxBB auto. Basically its not doing much of anything. And its very yellow. I feel like it nitrogen def, but by looks, Im worried about giving her anything. She has only two pairs of leaves + the cotly's, and they arent "true" leaves yet. The soil is still a little damp from last tiny watering I did.
Anyone want to chime in of the baby?
:thanks::love:

edit: the actual buds on her are probably close to 5% amber, where sugars are 25% and some a higher %.

flush and chop Now:)

Already hanging fish. Im guessing 875g or so... ;)

Couple days after sprout:
IMAG06906.jpg

Today:
IMAG07594.jpg

As you may notcie, I decided to chance it. I mixed a dose of FF grow big, 1/2t with 5oz water. Ph'd her and spread the water all around trying not to soak the tap root too bad. :bitingnails: We shall see how it works...

Not quite yet sir. ;) Fish was implying I should flush and harvest the sprout. :rofl: Just a little trouble shooter humor. Looking for Friday night Harvest! So tomorrow is last day of lights for her. Im excited!
:party:

Back
Top Bottom