The purple haze had a tap root about 1/4" tonight so into the soil it went. I'm super happy with North Atlantic Seed Company because the blueberry and purple haze were their bulk stuff and they popped within 48hrs of being in the paper towels. The soil pods are on a heat mat set to 78. I have a cheap blurple lamp about 2 ft above the soil and on a timer 18/6. The blueberry should be up tomorrow I could see the stem starting to poke through the soil. Now just need some soil and my equipment and it's on.

For the first time in 10 years I can once again say I'm growing my own medicine and legally at that! Today is soil and nute shopping, I haven't been able to get out to a local grow shop but today's the day. Equipment appears to all have finally shipped but won't all be in until Dec 1. Not a big deal as long as I can keep my cat out of the seedlings

PXL_20231125_142012845.jpg

Well this grow is evolving from my original plan and it truly hasn't even started. After a visit to a local grow store, which was sold out of FFOF, I settled on mother Earth ground swell after talking it over with the guys there. Another change is that I'll be using Gaia Green nutes. But I think the biggest change is going to joining the #SIP club. Everything is now bought and will be ready and this is the updated final list for this grow.

Vivosun Smart Grow System 2x4
Aerolight wing 200w
Aerozesh G4
*GroBucket* 5gal
Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
Gaia Green All purpose/Bloom
Dynomyco

Strains
Royal Queen- Wedding Crasher (Wedding Cake x Purple Punch)
North Atlantic Seeds Company- Purple Haze and Blueberry

No longer going to SCROG but will be training to keep the canopy at the same height.

Hey g,

Good to see you get restarted. I posted the below in another thread about what I thought would make a good start-up package. Sounds like you're well on your way.

Watering trips up most new growers, so come stop by #SIP Club and see if that's something that you might want to try.

Check out the quadlining thread in my signature if you're looking for training ideas.
Ya I've been reading all the SIP grows it's what has convinced me lol there are many many pages but it gives me something to distract me from looking out the window for UPS even though I know nothing's supposed to be delivered for a week. Also ya quadlining is in the future it just makes fantastic canopies. I appreciate you following along and suggesting this stuff because it gave me a direction I really hadn't thought about.

Ya I've been reading all the SIP grows it's what has convinced me lol there are many many pages but it gives me something to distract me from looking out the window for UPS even though I know nothing's supposed to be delivered for a week. Also ya quadlining is in the future it just makes fantastic canopies. I appreciate you following along and suggesting this stuff because it gave me a direction I really hadn't thought about.
Yeah, you'll find the group of things that work for you but I thought I'd share some of the stuff that's worked for me to suggest a jumping off point if nothing else.

Everyone gravitates to stuff that fits them, but that's what's so great about this site. So much information on different approaches. You find something that works for you and there's lots of growers already growing that way and willing and happy to share the knowledge.

Well in a weird turn of events my neighbor just showed up on my porch with my Vivosun tent! So apparently UPS delivered it to her and she brought it to me. After 20 min it's up and rocking. Seedlings, heat mat and a led light bar I use to start my peppers and tomatoes are in the tent. I'm going to need to do some more organizing and removal of my fish tank stuff to creat a little more accessibility but for now it's up and running. 3 plants are going to be tight I think but def possible with training and a shorter veg.

PXL_20231126_002815391.jpg

Ya should be in the green here shortly. Can't wait to see you grow a dropping beast..lol.
Man I appreciate it and thanks for following, kinda wish I woulda went right off with an auto to build a stockpile but I guess there's always next run lol.

Yeah, you'll find the group of things that work for you but I thought I'd share some of the stuff that's worked for me to suggest a jumping off point if nothing else.

Everyone gravitates to stuff that fits them, but that's what's so great about this site. So much information on different approaches. You find something that works for you and there's lots of growers already growing that way and willing and happy to share the knowledge.
Ya I travel out of town occasionally for work but only for a couple nights at a time so the SIP will help me with watering when I'm gone. It's been pretty awesome catching up on all the newer techniques that people have started using since I grew last. Lots of great growers on this site for sure.

You’ve got a good start going! I just saw your light is 200 watts in a 2x4 tent. It’ll probably veg fine, and you’ll get buds, but they’ll be a bit light. 200 watts divided by 8 sq feet only gives you 25 watts/sq ft. You really want about 32-40 watts sq/ft with LED’s. If you can afford a second light, same kind (as long as it’s dimmable) that would more than do it.

You’ve got a good start going! I just saw your light is 200 watts in a 2x4 tent. It’ll probably veg fine, and you’ll get buds, but they’ll be a bit light. 200 watts divided by 8 sq feet only gives you 25 watts/sq ft. You really want about 32-40 watts sq/ft with LED’s. If you can afford a second light, same kind (as long as it’s dimmable) that would more than do it.
I am eventually getting a second light now that I settled on the 4x2. I set a hard budget and had some specifics that the hardware had to meet, wifi connected and ability to quickly monitor heat and humidity. This should all easily be done through Vivosun grow hub. Unfortunately the initial cost of everything put a second grow light out of my reach for a month or two. I'm thinking that two 100watt Aerolights on each end on the wing will cover nicely.

After reading your post I feel as though I don't have enough light. I'm just getting started myself. Thought I had it figured out...? Lol. I see may auto tent is in need of another lamp. I've got a little time. Thanks for posting that info.

I am eventually getting a second light now that I settled on the 4x2. I set a hard budget and had some specifics that the hardware had to meet, wifi connected and ability to quickly monitor heat and humidity. This should all easily be done through Vivosun grow hub. Unfortunately the initial cost of everything put a second grow light out of my reach for a month or two. I'm thinking that two 100watt Aerolights on each end on the wing will cover nicely.
You’ve got time, they’ll veg fine for couple months with 200w.

After reading your post I feel as though I don't have enough light. I'm just getting started myself. Thought I had it figured out...? Lol. I see may auto tent is in need of another lamp. I've got a little time. Thanks for posting that info.
Haha that's exactly how I thought. I mean back in the day it was throw it under the biggest MH/HPS you could use without burning the tent/house and plants down and let it ride. Now you have to account for watts and true watts, canopy height, ppfd maps, usable spectrums, and diode types just to name a few. The LED rabbit hole is a deep dive and I stopped before I got into too deep lol.

Well I am on my way home after an emergency work trip that I had not planned for. Hopefully the seedlings are doing alright, I asked my wife to check on them and she said they are alive and green but not very big. I suspect that they may be a little stunted from to much water or too cold in the tent but I hopefully can fix all that tonight. My Vivosun equipment is arriving slowly piece by piece, the inline fan and controller is showing up today and the light should be here tomorrow. I'll update with photos when I get home and settled.

Ok so I believe my purple haze seedlings has damped off because I found the shell and what appears to be a shriveled up stem. I know this was my fault as I was unprepared to leave the seedlings and assumed it was going to be ok temp wise but it got to cold. So it's back to a 2 plant grow unless one of the 10yr old Afghan seeds finally decides to open and put out a tap root. I put the heat mat back under the seeds to help keep the roots warm. I was able to install the Vivosun Aerozesh inline fan and GrowHub E42 to keep track of the humidity.
Screenshot_20231130-181232.png

To Here's where the seedlings are currently. The blueberry was just a tiny seed and the first leaves have followed suit. The wedding crasher is starting to take off and seems to be stronger.
PXL_20231130_223724288.jpg
PXL_20231130_223718671.jpg

I just started using those heating mats. Bought a few cause I noticed how cold the medium was on my autos. They run pretty hot. I had to buffer them a little with some folded up grow bags before putting anything on it.
Good to see them little ones getting stronger.
Do you have the temp controller? I just stick the temp probe right in the soil to keep it from getting to hot. I think I'm set at 76 currently.

Back
Top Bottom