g-one-three

I will finally be able to grow legally again starting soon as long as the politicians do not get in the way. I have been a member for probably 10 years and have always been creeping on and off. I have yet to totally complete a grow journal, though I have completed grows but the results were not journaled. I however have not been in a place legally or in life to pursue my passion. Recently that appears to be changing. So without further ado here is, fingers crossed, the start of my new legal grow journal.

As stated in the title I have almost zero equipment other than a couple LED lights I use to start my garden plants indoors for spring planting. My plan is to keep it simple to get back in the groove. Soil, organic nutes, and photoperiod seeds.

I have a space and permission from my wife to fit a 4x2 grow tent. This space has its own dedicated GFI plugs and 20amp breaker, there was a reef tank here for about 8 years. The ambient temp ranges between 68-72 in this room. There is a utility sink right next to the grow tent and I also have an rodi unit installed.

I have little info on the equipment advances, the last time I grew the purple LED was the up and coming thing. I am planning on buying a complete smart tent kit from Vivosun now or around black friday. I would like to be in the $400 or less on the kit. There is some wiggle room and I can piece it out if more budget friendly as I'm planning on vegging for about 40-50 days. Any recommendations would be awesome!

The strains I am planning on starting is one that I have currently have seeds of. I had gotten sensi seeds landrace Afghan, Hindu and PPP seeds 10 years ago and grew them to completion. Knowing that it would be my last grow for a while I let one of the PPP males that had a ton of purple pollinate the females. So I still have those seeds store in a cool dry dark place and am hoping that they will pop for me.

I am in no way set on nutes, I figure I will do happy frog/ocean forest and worm castings in 5 gallon fabricate pots but other than that I am reading and taking suggestions. The simpler the better so I can get my sea legs back.

So thanks in advance for reading and any and all advice is welcomed.

I will finally be able to grow legally again starting soon as long as the politicians do not get in the way. I have been a member for probably 10 years and have always been creeping on and off. I have yet to totally complete a grow journal, though I have completed grows but the results were not journaled. I however have not been in a place legally or in life to pursue my passion. Recently that appears to be changing. So without further ado here is, fingers crossed, the start of my new legal grow journal.

As stated in the title I have almost zero equipment other than a couple LED lights I use to start my garden plants indoors for spring planting. My plan is to keep it simple to get back in the groove. Soil, organic nutes, and photoperiod seeds.

I have a space and permission from my wife to fit a 4x2 grow tent. This space has its own dedicated GFI plugs and 20amp breaker, there was a reef tank here for about 8 years. The ambient temp ranges between 68-72 in this room. There is a utility sink right next to the grow tent and I also have an rodi unit installed.

I have little info on the equipment advances, the last time I grew the purple LED was the up and coming thing. I am planning on buying a complete smart tent kit from Vivosun now or around black friday. I would like to be in the $400 or less on the kit. There is some wiggle room and I can piece it out if more budget friendly as I'm planning on vegging for about 40-50 days. Any recommendations would be awesome!

The strains I am planning on starting is one that I have currently have seeds of. I had gotten sensi seeds landrace Afghan, Hindu and PPP seeds 10 years ago and grew them to completion. Knowing that it would be my last grow for a while I let one of the PPP males that had a ton of purple pollinate the females. So I still have those seeds store in a cool dry dark place and am hoping that they will pop for me.

I am in no way set on nutes, I figure I will do happy frog/ocean forest and worm castings in 5 gallon fabricate pots but other than that I am reading and taking suggestions. The simpler the better so I can get my sea legs back.

So thanks in advance for reading and any and all advice is welcomed.
Glad to have found you brother 🙏🫶 and looks like I’m first one here.

Lol. One thing that stands out from your post was “permission from my wife”

Resonated on a well known plateau for me. My growing (shrooms, bud and peyote) is also dictated by marital decisions 😂🙏🫶🤘

Good luck mate

Congrats on setting up your new grow space. I love my Vivosun smart grow tents, you should get a good deal on black Friday. If you download the Vivosun app, you can get 18% off your purchase ;)

I use Happy Frog soil as well. Lately I've been growing in SIP buckets (See GroBucket SIP inserts) using synthetic nutrients, but I've used Geoflora organic nutrients in the past with success.

Good luck with your grow and tag me if you start a new journal.

Glad to have found you brother 🙏🫶 and looks like I’m first one here.

Lol. One thing that stands out from your post was “permission from my wife”

Resonated on a well known plateau for me. My growing (shrooms, bud and peyote) is also dictated by marital decisions 😂🙏🫶🤘

Good luck mate
Thanks glad to have you here, things will get rolling after Black Friday lol I may even get an early start 😏 also ya my wife will def notice a 4x2 tent sitting next to the washing machine haha so I may as well ask
Congrats on setting up your new grow space. I love my Vivosun smart grow tents, you should get a good deal on black Friday. If you download the Vivosun app, you can get 18% off your purchase ;)

I use Happy Frog soil as well. Lately I've been growing in SIP buckets (See GroBucket SIP inserts) using synthetic nutrients, but I've used Geoflora organic nutrients in the past with success.

Good luck with your grow and tag me if you start a new journal.
I am sold on Vivosun and I almost pulled the trigger on a 4x2 tent with all the bells and whistles but I can't help but feel like there will be a better deal on back Friday lol also I'm really intrigued on the aerowing for coverage but I don't know if it will be enough for photoperiod stuff and that's kinda the direction I'm heading right now.

So I have some small updates to my grow plan and some stuff ordered, but the major stuff, tent and light, is on hold for another week.

Here is the tentative plan as of right now.
Tent - Vivosun 4x2
Ventilation- Aerozesh G4
Light - Aerowing 200w
Controller - E24

Medium - soil, Happy frog / ocean forest
5 gallon fabric pots
Nutes - Geoflora grow/bloom, worm castings, Dynomyco, I'll pick up some cal/mag at some point just to have on hand
RODI filter
SCROG

Strains
My last grows seeds(10 years old) so they may not start, Afghan x PPP, Hindu x PPP.
I also placed an order with North Atlantic to receive 3 purple haze (F), 2 blueberry(F), 1 Wedding crasher, and 2 freebie autoflower mystery seeds just in case my old ones don't take. I'm a sucker for the classic strains but I love to smoke purple punch and wedding crasher is a cross of it.

That's my update so far and I can't wait to get things ordered and fired up!

Hey g,

Good to see you get restarted. I posted the below in another thread about what I thought would make a good start-up package. Sounds like you're well on your way.

Watering trips up most new growers, so come stop by #SIP Club and see if that's something that you might want to try.

To me, that answer is a simple combination of:

- a good environment which can be had with one of the sponsor's grow tent packages which includes a tent, good light, and a good extraction fan

- a good, simple, easy to use and effective nute like Geoflora

- a good grow media like Promix, or the Fox Farm mix

- a simple container (a SIP) that eliminates the wet/dry issues that holds back most new growers

- some sort of pest control process or products, also easily available from our sponsors

- their own grow journal to allow the community to help where needed and short cut the learning time involved.

That combination of very simple things would all but ensure a new grower would have pretty good success without really knowing much at all to start.

And, although not a necessity, I would also add a good training method, like quadlining, to the list for a very effective grow.

Hey g,

Good to see you get restarted. I posted the below in another thread about what I thought would make a good start-up package. Sounds like you're well on your way.

Watering trips up most new growers, so come stop by #SIP Club and see if that's something that you might want to try.
So I am reading up on the sip system, it's something I'm interested in doing and seems super successful. I've got my alloted budget set and I'm going to be getting close to maxing it with out the DIY SIP lol so Ill have to get it on the next grow. Plus it'll give me a project to work on while my first grow is going.

I'm planning on a SCROG for the first grow which I forgot to put on my grow plan above.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I can keep the updates rolling in.

I tried a scrog and found it too much hassle for me but many growers like it a lot. Instead, i prefer to do Quadlining. That produces nicely shaped plants in less time with the ability to take them out of the tent to work on them as needed.

PXL_20231117_001909621.jpg

First of many packages to show up.

Well I was going to wait until Black Friday but everything was on sale and then an extra 15% off. I decided to order these things separate and not in a kit because I was able to get things that I wanted, like the G4 inline fan that runs quieter and the 200w Aerolight wing. So now I just need to find some soil local and some geoflora and I'll be ready to go

Screenshot_20231117-180355.png

Looking cool bro!

I like your rationalisations, solid thinking. Yeah me and wife have discussions on growing (she’s known as & Co here) She’s asked to move the washing machine out by the grow tents though. She does the growing anyway so might as well make it convenient for her 🤣

I tried a scrog and found it too much hassle for me but many growers like it a lot. Instead, i prefer to do Quadlining.

We Quadline, sorta. But I have two new 5x5 scrog nets sitting next to me. I’m tempted to give them a twirl. That tent has loads of access doors though. We defol a lot which has always put me off a SCROG.

I’ll follow along if that’s OK?

Nick & Co

Looking cool bro!

I like your rationalisations, solid thinking. Yeah me and wife have discussions on growing (she’s known as & Co here) She’s asked to move the washing machine out by the grow tents though. She does the growing anyway so might as well make it convenient for her 🤣

We Quadline, sorta. But I have two new 5x5 scrog nets sitting next to me. I’m tempted to give them a twirl. That tent has loads of access doors though. We defol a lot which has always put me off a SCROG.

I’ll follow along if that’s OK?

Nick & Co
Hey thanks for swing in, I appreciate all the advice and input. You can never stop learning and growing while growing. My &Co is not a grower or a smoker for that matter but she loves a clean and tidy house. She's the only reason I have a plan because I had to show her where, what and how big haha because I am in her territory 😂.
Looks like your well on your way with a legal grow. I too have just started to knock off the Rust. Haven't grown in years but now I can. Did a outdoor grow a few years ago but nothing inside since 07. I'd like to hang out n watch your progress.
Ill tell you things have changed since my last grow in 2013. I remember buying the blurple LEDs and the guy at the at the grow store telling me that LED would never replace MH/HPS. Lol boy was he wrong. Thanks for riding shotgun hopefully the rust comes off and we can grow some great green.
I tried a scrog and found it too much hassle for me but many growers like it a lot. Instead, i prefer to do Quadlining. That produces nicely shaped plants in less time with the ability to take them out of the tent to work on them as needed.
I may do this instead of SCROG depending on which strain I start with. If I do the more sativa dominant purple haze first I think the four tower colas would be really spectacular lol.

Speaking of seeds... I attempted to crack a couple of my seeds from my last grow. Unfortunately this batch doesn't appear to want to come back to life. I have more but my seeds I ordered should be here in two days. So many options and directions to go in with these strains I choose. I'm really not much of a heavy indica guy anymore, I tend to gravitate towards strains that give me a little energy boost with clear head and mind. I really want to do the wedding crasher and it has similar traits and flower time as the purple haze. I may just start with the free auto flower seeds and go from there.

It's going to be a busy weekend because my tent and equipment are slated to be here this Saturday! Going to be firing things up a week from today hopefully.

Not sure we're ya are in the state but there's an open box type auction here in the Cleveland area which offers some good deals on grow items. It's called OLA On Line Auction. I bid on three tents and was surprised to win all three. Ended up getting all for $81 each or $244 total with tax n all....2 4x2 and 1 4x8. I kept the big one and gifted my kids the smaller ones. Time for them to learn to grow..lol. They also offer some nice lamps on there as well other grow items we use. Eyeballing a Szhlux 600w. I bet this thing sells for less than $150. I have the 400w. They are nice lamps.

Screenshot_20231121-063636.png

Well to my surprise one of my Afghan x PPP seeds popped and a little tail poked out. It was planted in organic soil with Dynomyco and put on a heat mat. I also got my seeds in today and I guess I'll try to pop a fem blueberry to try to have similar strains and flower times. Fingers crossed it'll pop, if not I'll try the wedding crashers from royal seeds.

My 2 freebie autos are trizkit auto and like they are going to be monster plants so that may be my next run. Or even outdoors possibly.

Also my equipment got pushed out until Mon and Tues, hopefully there will be 2 seedlings ready to go when the tents setup.

Royal Queen Seeds for the Wedding Crashers?

Be interested how you go with them. My success rate with popping them was 2/6 - lowest rate ever. Then the two survived stalled and then hermied (though the AC and the light timer and I was 1500km away so some of that blame for the hermies rests with me!) There other strains think we’re at like 80-85% with though.

Nick

Royal Queen Seeds for the Wedding Crashers?

Be interested how you go with them. My success rate with popping them was 2/6 - lowest rate ever. Then the two survived stalled and then hermied (though the AC and the light timer and I was 1500km away so some of that blame for the hermies rests with me!) There other strains think we’re at like 80-85% with though.

Nick
Ahh that doesn't instill confidence... I have other options I just don't want one strain towering over the other lol

Ahh that doesn't instill confidence... I have other options I just don't want one strain towering over the other lol
It may just have been a bad batch I got here in Thailand. When it got over the stall it was fine to grow. I grew them to harvest in solo cups. Hard to comment on how they’d grow in a more normal environment! Its quite heavy leaning indica right? I vaped a bit. Think there’s a smoke report in my 18 Plant Solo Cup grow marked completed in my signature. Last or penultimate page. It was quite a complex grow and not entirely succesful!

Nick

It may just have been a bad batch I got here in Thailand. When it got over the stall it was fine to grow. I grew them to harvest in solo cups. Hard to comment on how they’d grow in a more normal environment! Its quite heavy leaning indica right? I vaped a bit. Think there’s a smoke report in my 18 Plant Solo Cup grow marked completed in my signature. Last or penultimate page. It was quite a complex grow and not entirely succesful!

Nick
I think it's just a touch on the sativa side like a 55/45. I'll look it up later to be sure

I just checked on my seeds and the blueberry seed had about a half inch tap root into the small starter plug it goes. The wedding crasher seed is split in half but no tap root visible so I'm going to wait a couple more days and hopefully the tap root will come out. Unfortunately I don't feel good about my Afghan cross coming up because I found the seed on top of the soil but no tap root insight. I reburied it but I put a purple haze seed in fresh paper towels to crack as a backup plan.

The wedding crasher is here to party, I still have a purple haze seed in the paper towel. If the purple haze pops I'll plant it because I don't want to waste seeds. it'll be 3 plants in the 4x2. All 3 strains have roughly the same flower time and estimated heights, the purple haze would be the tallest and need some training to keep it even with the others.

PXL_20231124_125655470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom