do you mean hygrometer?
if I remember right hydrometer is used for salinity
sorry just curious been reading through

Re: SweetLeef's 1st ever grow. Auto's and Photo's, TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

im just curios you said hydrometer?
do you mean hygrometer?
if I remember right hydrometer is used for salinity
sorry just curious been reading through

lol. Yes, I meant hygrometer. A Hydrometer is used to measure the gravity, or density of a liquid.

ive used them for saltwater fish tanks in the past
personally used them for salinity but if you wanna be technical you are correct sir lol :thumb:

ive used them for saltwater fish tanks in the past
personally used them for salinity but if you wanna be technical you are correct sir lol :thumb:

I had to look it up. :rofl: :scratchinghead:

Hello everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was beautiful in my neck of the woods, but pretty darn cold.

Return home from work tonight to find all 4 little babies standing at attention looking happy as can be. I didn't get Stephanie Tanner or the Narcotic close enough to the light right away, but I did get the Northern Light up there immediately. As a result the Northern light is 1/3rd the height of the other two girls. Minty's triple blades are getting much bigger and the second set is well under way. Tomorrow, after much research and planning, I finally get to put together the tent that will be my set up. More on that tomorrow, just checking in because I'm too excited to sleep! Well, I have a HUGE list of things to do tomorrow, many stops to make in order to get everything going so I guess I'd better try.

Pleasant dreams everyone!

Sweet- What I was getting at with the timer was basically that no, don't need to do anything fancy, just to get her under a constant schedule with a dark period is the most important, imho.

As for the spectrum of bulbs, if you want to give it a try, go for it, this forum is half about trying cool new things, but if you want to grow some fast easy tasty meds then maybe stick to the research.

When I do grows I start off with the basics make sure that works for a couple weeks, then try something new, wait a couple weeks, try something else. etc. How ever I'm kinda lucky that I'm working with weird genetics and autos. :) keep asking question we are all happy to help!

Yup J is correct ...

You'll be surprised but the plants actually grow and flourish more in their night period ...

You should notice this when they are a couple of weeks old SweetLeef my friend !

Oh and btw J ... If you have any queries on Auto's ... Pop over to my thread ... I think you'll like it :)

have a weederfull week sweetleaf
tempted to call you ozzy at this point lol
cant wait to see you get all setup :thumb: :goodjob:

have a weederfull week sweetleaf
tempted to call you ozzy at this point lol
cant wait to see you get all setup :thumb: :goodjob:

:headbanger:+Reps:headbanger:

Sup Y'all?

I'm a little behind schedule. Monday started off being a bummer. The shipping company F'd me on Monday and I had to wait until Tuesday morning to get the items I needed to get the tent rolling. Also my phone broke, so I had to go deal with that. Wound up with a phone I'm digging, but also spent $100 I didn't really have to spend. Oh well, it's just money.

Anyway, I finally get to my buddies house to get the light and some clones!! He ad decided that I was going to start off with a 400w T5 8bulb for the veg and then we'll switch it to the 1000 in flower. Grab the light and then it was time to learn to clone. He gave me a quick tutorial and out I walked with 6 baby clones. He just sniped them from their trees and sent me home to do the rooting on my own. YIKES! Well, I think I did alright for the most part. One beautiful cutting I got a little over zealous with the snipped it much shorter than I wanted to. Oh, well I thought and I stuck it in some rockwool anyway, short as can be. 24 hours later, all clones are looking great! Everyone of them has perked up since Monday night and all look strong. Even the shorty.

Minty is mostly doing well. I kinda bumped it and kinked her (sex of minty unknown, will send good vibes by referring to Minty in the feminine.) little stem. It didn't break or anything, no weeping, but a good hard, laying down on the ground kink. Currently, she is being supported by a wire bread tie. When I returned home from work, she was able to stand one her own and I accidently kinked her again by knocking the northern light onto her spilling some dirt. Man, I was doing so well too. I'm just gonna stay positive. I have a million cookie, 3 or 4 more auto seeds and 6 clones. Still, I really hope they make it. I a pretty confident they will. The Kush and Stephanie Tanner are doing very well. A little stretchy, but after reading Dr. Peppers journalMy 1st Attempt At AutoFlowers! and a few others, it seems they are a stretchy lot.

The tent isn't quite where I want it yet, so no pictures yet. but I will post them long with a technical update soon.

The girls are moments away from starting their first dark period. I hope to see some growth in the morning, at least in the couple I didn't stress the fuck out by kinking and spilling. Anyway, that's where I'm at now! Hope everyone is high n' happy!!

Oh yeah, the clones!!

I was given' 1 Cookies clone, 4 Chem Dog clones, and 1 Nepalese clone. Cant wait to try the Nepalese, I've never tried it before. I'm really happy this is rolling along. Pretty soon I'll be chopping down my own trees! Good Buds everyone!

you want a higher percentage on rooting clones and not spend a bundle try a bubble cloner one day
roots in 7-10 days
don't need to spray or use a dome

oh yea thanks for the reps man

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Got down in the kitchen yesterday and made some awesome food and ate WAY too much of it! Had a really nice day with the family and tried to not let my thoughts of the ladies distract me too much, lol.

Speaking of the ladies, everyone is doing great, or very close to it. There was a very scary moment involving Aurora (knocked over twice in as many days) getting spilled so she came out of the cup, AAk! I'm such a klutz! I got her back into the dirt as quick as possible and added two or three drops of clone-x and a couple spitzes of water. Apologized to her profusely and hoped for the best. When I woke up in the morning she looked ok. When I returned home from work 14hrs later, she was very droopy and bending at the waste. Fearing the worst I added a top layer of supersoil, hoping a small dose of nutes would help revive her. I added a top layer to all of my babies thinking a taste of the soil they will be transplanted into wouldn't be a bad idea. Woke up tis morning and Aurora has perked back up and is stand straight. When I returned home from T-day festivities, there is a tiny bit of new growth. In fact, everyone is sporting new growth. I got nervous Wednesday nightand dropped another auto seed. A Kush Van Stitch, looks like I'll have 4 autos rollin' pretty soon. :lot-o-toke:

Minty is looking very well considering she still has a very weak stem. She's almost holding herself up but I've got a bread tie for extra support and I added a little mound of dirt to help as well. I was worried, but the new growth gives me hope. I hope the stem is strong enough by the time the net node starts so I can try my hand at topping.

I've got the tent all set up so I will hopefully not be knocking over anymore flowers.

TENT SETUP:

5x5x7 Growlab tent
400W T5
6x16 Phresh filter
Hurricane 6" 435cfm inline fan
29gal fish tank used as propagator

I am using the fish tanks stand with a board as a table for early veg while everyone is still little and light. Once they move out of the 1gal's I will move them to the ground. It's hard for me to work on such little things on the ground. I'm too big and dumb for such gentle work. The table has been most helpful.:thumb:

THE STRAINS
AUTO'S:
Northern Light
Stephanie Tanner
Narcotic Kush
Kush Van Stitch

CLONES:
4 Chem Dog
1 Cookies
1 Nepalese

and
1 Seedling. Almost positive is Cookies.

The seedling and the first three autos were all dropped into regular ass potting soil had laying around the house. The Autos will move into TGA Supersoil when they move out of the solo cups and into 3.5 gal's. Skipping 1's to give myself less of a chance to f-it-up. . Is 3.5 gal too small to finish autos in? 5 gal seems like a lot for a plant that only going to be around for 2.5 months or so. The seedling will also be moved into Supersoil when I move it to the 3.5. I will move the seedling from 3.5 to 5 right before flower.

The Clones making roots in rockwool as I type. I gave them the gentle pull test last night and all 6 have a very firm grip on the wool. YES! A couple of them are even turning pale, which I read is a good thing. If I remember correctly it means they little ladies are focusing their energy on roots at the moment. From the rockwool the clones will go to 1gals in the Supersoil. Ten 3.5 and finally 5gal smart pots to finish off.

I think the timing of all these plants is going to work out nicely. If Minty is a girl, she'll be bigger than the clones, but not much I think. The autos should finish right about te time the clones are ready to flip.

The fan is kinda loud. If you are in the hall outside of my apartment, you can tell there is something running. Before I set it up, I built a really rough, makeshift box out of soundboard. The box helps, but not quite as much as I hoped. I think I'll build another, longer box out of MDF and I think I'll pick up a speed controller come payday and lower the speed. Should help. Plus the fan is a little too powerful for the room anyway.

That's where we're at now. Tents up and rolling. I've got 9 baby girls, a seedling, and an auto seed that hasn't popped yet. Pictures in the next post.

Chronic weekend there Sweet
Keepem Green :thumb:

Hi Doctor!

I'm doing very well today. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I did!!

Hope your world is nice and green today!

Thanks for the Reps! I'll be by your journal after work to spread some love!

Back
Top Bottom