Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Update
Topical Pain Balm

Hello everyone! This Journal is almost finished and I will be finishing it off this week but I figured a great way to top off this first grow Journal was to share a topical recipe I found which has been helping me and my fiancé with aches and pains. First let’s go over the ingredients.... it really couldn’t be easier!

Ingredients List
-Natural Beeswax
-Essential Oils of your choice
-Infused carrier oil ( coconut oil ) this time!

Yup that’s it! Now let’s get to it!

Directions:
1- Depending on the size of the topical batch you want to make it’s entirely up to you but I would recommend doing a 1/5th ratio of beeswax to infused oil.
Example: 2oz of beezwax to 10oz of oil

2- Once your batch size is determined setup a double boiler and melt the beeswax on medium to low heat.

3- After beeswax is melted reduce heat to lowest setting and add in your infused oil. For my recipe I used 2oz of beeswax and I added in 10oz of infused coconut oil which I had already prepared earlier. The infused oil I will touch base on again at the end.

4- After mixing in the infused oil to the beeswax remove from heat and place in a storage container. Before it begins to set which is fairly quickly add in your essential oils of choice. I chose to use peppermint oil because it helps with inflammation among with a few others.

5- After set and cooled you can apply like you would any other topical balm. A little goes a long way and it doesn’t take much! After about 15-20 minutes it’s noticeable to the relief it’s providing! Store in an air tight container in the fridge or a cool dark place!

@InTheShed had mentioned using empty deodorant containers as a roll on application and this topical balm would be perfect for these! Another thought if your making a big batch to share with family or to travel with!

My fiancé had been asking for me to make her a topical for quite some time. After reading and researching I found a simple recipe which met my needs. After creating an infused oil (not very strong for this purpose) I began to make the topical! After reading more and testing it...my fiancé and myself have both found it works very well and is definitely worth the time to make. One thing I want to add to my mixture though is the inclusion of CBD. The benefits it brings to the medical side of topicals is very important and I have been looking into some CBD strains to add into my mix for the topicals! When I make my next batch I’ll be sure to include this and do a better breakdown of my THC:CBD ratios.

To be honest I wasn’t sure how well this whole recipe was going to work so I didn’t document it as well as I should have so I’ll be sure to make a better post of this in the future but for now this should do!

If there’s any questions please let me know! Here you go @Heavenly Hybrid
If you need any assistance please ask I’ll be sure to help as much as I can!!

Push up, not roll on!

Any reason you went with beeswax? Did it need to be solid at room temps for a specific reason? Any solidifiers in the oil will hinder penetration into the skin is why I ask.

Also, what have you read on CBD for topical pain relief? I can't find anything on it.

I chose beeswax basically because that’s what the balm recipe I found used. My fiancé didn’t want something to oily and with using the beeswax I was able to obtain a nice consistency which absorbs really quickly! After applying its absorbed in less than 5minutes.

No reason to be solid at room temps at all and I wasn’t Aware that it would hinder the penetration. From my reading it was just another way of producing a different type of topical but I may be wrong?!

I’ll find the write up of CBD for topicals and get I posted!

Thanks! I can't find any real research on it.

Beeswax is wax and doesn't absorb into the skin (like beeswax lip balm), and since the oil is now mixed with the beeswax, some of the oil (and cannabinoids) remain on the skin with the wax. I found this to be true and Magnus8 mentions it in his topical oil/balm/salve thread. I use grapeseed or pumpkin seed oil as they are two of the most absorbent.

What stain did you use to infuse the coco oil?

Thanks! I can't find any real research on it.

Beeswax is wax and doesn't absorb into the skin (like beeswax lip balm), and since the oil is now mixed with the beeswax, some of the oil (and cannabinoids) remain on the skin with the wax. I found this to be true and Magnus8 mentions it in his topical oil/balm/salve thread. I use grapeseed or pumpkin seed oil as they are two of the most absorbent.
Awesome stuff thanks Shed! I’ll try those next time for sure!

What stain did you use to infuse the coco oil?
I used the Early Miss1.1 that I had harvested! She was the last plant of this journal so I figured I would let her shine in this topical mix !!

Oh man, I want some of that! :dude-knocking:
Doing another big squeeze tomorrow so I’ll be posting another vid! Get your drool bucket ready haha

Closing Update
Hello again everyone!

It’s come time to close out my first grow Journal and Grow ever! The things I’ve learned, the people I’ve met and the community I’ve become addicted to and apart of has now changed my life for the better! Learning to grow is one thing but gaining a new family and set of friends is a whole other amazing experience that I will be greatful for!

Coming here to 420 I wasn’t sure what to expect. First browsing and reading journals and getting to know the community I decided to jump in and give it a go! When weed was finally legalized here in Canada it was an opportunity for me to begin growing. With the start of my growing career beginning I was unsure about everything. With the assistance and guidance of many new friends from here I was able to overcome and grow some good meds for my first round. Overcoming the obstacles of having an Autoflower turn out to be a photoperiod and having a crazy mutation with my one Early Miss plant it was quite the first adventure!

After harvesting my first plants and realizing how much joy I get from growing and how helpful it is to have my own supply of meds I will never look back. Overall this has been an incredible learning experience where I continue to learn every day. To be able to give back to this wonderful community is something I look forward to so for many years to come.

I hope you all know that you’ve got a Dutchie for life here!

After finishing here and starting my second journal I decided I wanted to document and detail all my future grows with great detail and accuracy to help anyone following along with me!

This journal will forever be a starting point and a great memory for me as my growing career expands and I learn more and more. I look forward to looking back in a few years time and seeing how far I’ve come and I look forward to growing along side all of you for years to come!

I want to Thank each and everyone of you that has helped, followed, and put up with my crazy nonsense along the way!

My new journals will be a blast and I look forward to sharing a bunch of new tricks and surprises with you all soon! I will be leaving next week, for a few weeks, for my wedding in Jamaica. A lot of you already know this but as soon as I’m back this grow show is going to explode and the Dutch house will be lighting up some new surprises so be sure to stay tuned and lookout for my new journal to come!

Until then though I will be here and there thoughtout the site and keeping active until I can get going again by the end of April!!

I wish you all the very best and with great love and appreciation Stay Medicated!

Yours truly,

Dutch

Hey Dutch, it wouldn't be the same around here without you Brother!
Thanks Penny! I appreciate my man!

Nice comments Dutch! As they say in jamaica, One Love brother!
Thanks Sauga and life is “irie” my bruddah! Haha I can’t wait for the wedding, our trip and to come back and start the new journals! I’ve got a few surprises to go over and I can’t wait!

Good wishes to you and your better half. :woohoo: We'll be here when you get back!

Back
Top Bottom