SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Re: SweetLeef's 1st ever grow. Auto's and Photo's, TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Nice pics - and I am happy to see your clones are nice and stable and safe! Maybe we can drop the restraining order :)

Good work on the replanting, looks like you did a good job and they will be happier now.

Fingers still crossed for your clone ladies!

xs

iGracias, amigo!

I'm really excited to put the clones in dirt and have everything rolling. Just realized today that if the seedling makes it and all my clones root, I'll be running 11 plants and 7 strains. The seed is cookies, but it was an indoor cookies, and accidentally pollinated by a neighbors outdoor who-knows-what strain. Could be an interesting plant. So I guess 8 strains? Pretty stoked. This first grow should provide quite the learning experience! :thumb:

Well, I went and did it....

It wasn't an accident. Nor did I do it on purpose. It was more of a compulsion that came over me and I did it before I even realized what I was doing. After the kinking, and the transplanting, I was planning on waiting at least a week, and reading more on the subject before I did it, but I 32couldn't help it. I topped Minty. EEK!:bitingnails: Oh man. I had her on my lap and was looking at her and I was checking out the new growth. In my brain I thought, "If I was going to top this plant I would do this" and as soon as my brain thought it my hand reached in and plucked the new growth right out. Just the new growth though. Did I do it right?

Minty_Topped.jpg

Well everything is the same with the rest of the sweet sweet leaves. Hopefully I topped Minty correctly and all will be well. :bongrip:

well if you didn't go far enough you mighta fimmed it in which case it would be fuck I missed lol
if you went far enough then you topped it
so maybe more tops if its fimmed
and 2 tops if you topped :thumb:

I would be happy with either option. More than two tops would be cool, but let's not push our luck too far.....:goof:

Minty is looking very happy and perky this morning. Top or FIM I think she took it in stride!

The autos are somewhere around 13 days and I think their growth will begin to accelerate any day now.

Also, the clones have been in rockwool for just under 9 days and.................Still no roots showing. All 6 clones ar still standing strong with a firm grip in the wool, but nobody is showing yet. I pulled them out of the tank and put them under the T5. Mayhaps the added light will help their roots a little. It's hard to be patient

Picture update probably tomorrow, maybe after work if there is noticeable change.

Have a great green day, all

Great updates Sweetleef! And your topping/fimming seems to have served you well. You can grow your nails back now. LOL
I had a couple of clones in rockwool take about 12 days. Not sure what the problem was, but they did finally root. Don't give up on em'! Did you use any root hormone on them at all? I'll have to go back and see if you mentioned that. I used a rooting gel, but still a couple took a very long time. I did find that my rockwool was way too wet on a couple of them. I gently squeezed some water out of them. Not sure if that did the trick or not. LOL
:thumb:

I soaked them in Clone-X, but didn't have the rooting gel in my budget.

I'll not give up until their leaves fall off.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Growing trees sure is fun!

I don't know about soaking the rockwool in clonex usually put it on the end of the stem
and rockwool need to be soaked for a day or so in ph'ed water of 5.5

oh yea ive found it easier to use a rooting plug like rapid rooter or similar
you don't have to pre soak and ph it I just wet the sucker up for my seedlings
I don't actually clone in anything but water now so no rockwool or rooting plug
I get better results and I can see when it does start to root so I know its doing something

oh yea ive found it easier to use a rooting plug like rapid rooter or similar
you don't have to pre soak and ph it I just wet the sucker up for my seedlings
I don't actually clone in anything but water now so no rockwool or rooting plug
I get better results and I can see when it does start to root so I know its doing something

I have a bubble cloner now, so I'm not using rockwool anymore either. I only dipped the stems in the rooting gel then placed them in the rockwool. I was not aware of the soaking the rockwool in ph'd water for a day or so ahead of time. That's good to know. :thanks:
There are a lot of people who use the rapid rooters too. I never got around to trying them myself. Bubble cloner is working out great!

yep bubble cloners are wonderful and cheaper than aero cloners which require a water pump which actually heats up the water

I don't know about soaking the rockwool in clonex usually put it on the end of the stem
and rockwool need to be soaked for a day or so in ph'ed water of 5.5

Yeah, I watched Cultivators video on how to take cuttings. He uses some stuff called Guardian Angle, which we don't have in the states. So I got what the hydro store had and figured if the plants I get the clones from are strong, then it's gotta work. I don't know. But they aren't wilting or drooping or anything, so It would seem that they are alive and well, just taking their sweet time. Minty is going to be hugantic, downright ginormous even, by the time the Sultry Six decide to come out and play. At least, I hope

:goof: <---- This dude cracks me up.

As far as bubble/aero cloners go, I haven't gotten around to researching those puppies yet. Mostly because I knew I wasn't going to utilize them this grow and that would just make for one more thing I am impatiently waiting for. With the current 11 at hand, I've got plenty to look forward to.

:rocker:

Happy Thurweed day Sweetleaf :thumb:

[video=youtube;e3Ukd74TmeA]
[/video]

this is the old version of it with black Sabbath
I actually like the newer one on his live speak of the devil album

Hey gang,

Had an idea today....;).......

Since you're not supposed to transplant autos, and I put them into 1gallon pots, They are really thin plastic pots. What if instead of transplanting, I just cut the bottom of the pot off and plant it on top of a larger pot. The roots would find their way around in the larger pot wouldn't they? :hmmmm:

may work but how much longer do they have?
given amount of time may or may not be worth a try

This is a nice first grow journal. :) It's bringing back memories of my first grow. 1,000 watts won't be overkill. I flower under a 1k in a 4x6 tent, but I only use 4 feet of it for grow space.

Back
Top Bottom