SweetLeef's 1st Ever Grow - Auto's & Photo's - TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

Re: SweetLeef's 1st ever grow. Auto's and Photo's, TGA SuperSoil 2013-14

yea I saw em on single seed before it gets sold out pretty quik

Thanks Canna, you are always so encouraging! It's so nice to have that around. :thanks:

Hey Chronic, Happy Weednesday to you as well, sir! Your journal is massive and I haven't gotten to deep in the front yet, just the back end. :laughtwo: Anyway, in your journal, do you describe your bubble cloner setup/ around where do you do it? I have an idea of how I'm gonna do mine, just curious as to what your setup might be. How tall is your cloner? How tall does it have to be? I can't imagine height being too much of an issue... I feel like the taller your cloner, the more water you'd need, and since clones are small you could make a pretty short one? thoughts?

I think the clones are going slow because I did it an unusual way, and not even correctly at that. I should have gone more of a proven route, but I was SOO excited and I couldn't change my plan on the fly, I was locked in. Whatever is in Guardian Angel is not in Clonex, or it's not the same ratio or something. Anyway, I will be building a bubble cloner in the next few days. Super cheap too!. I will put pictures when I'm done, but I'm gong to use an air pump from my old aquarium setup, I need a new airstone but that's like $1, I will get a fish box from work and wrap it in gorilla tape to make it light proof, and Since I have a bunch of rockwool cubes left over from that pack I bought, I think I'll cut those down and use them to hold the clones. I think I can get....maybe 4 from each cube, so I'll have about 140 inserts that can just be planted and I don't need to worry about trying to get it off of the clone. Easy peasy.

This morning the clones looked slightly better than they did last night, tonight they look no better, no worse. So still rocking the hope train. But, their lollygagging has me curious/nervous how big Minty is going to be. She's now a month old, WOW, that went fast, but, she's a month old and getting bigger every second, These clones need to get going or I'll be worrying about room. Actually sounds like kind of a cool problem, in a way. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I'm excited about the bubble cloner. Hopefully these guys will recover and start growing. At this rate Minty is going to be in veg forever! lol. I'm glad I got the auto flowers they will at the very least make some medicine soon!

C'mon clones!

Probably wont get around to pictures tonight.

Soon, I promise.

The girls are looking beautiful, take heed!!!:clap:

:bigtoke:

Subbed

ill take a couple pics with measurements for you in a bit and ill post it here for ya :thumb:
bbiaf

ok where
its in my veg tent has limited height
setup its on a dual airpump with 2 stones one on each side
DSC024013.JPG

DSC024052.JPG

height and diameter as shown in pic

yea it shouldn't have to be too big depends on how much clones you want to have at any given time

good way to recycles I don't see why it wouldn't work
only thing is depends how thick those old slippers are lol

Yeah Reg! Welcome to the journey! It's nice to have you along, my friend!

Yes, canna, I have seen the flip lop inserts, and while it is genius, I don't think my lady would be as forgiving, as least not before she's seen what a harvest will bring. I'm going to use up my rockwool cubes as the inserts. If I cut each cube into 4 plugs, I can make 140 plugs and they can just be planted straight into the dirt, and that give me some time to show what a harvest will bring, then I can bust into the sandals! :high-five:

Thanks for measuring Chronic! +Reps for the help! My cloner will be about half as tall and much wider. I'm going to make it out of a cheap-ass white plastic fish box, They are vey thin and vey cheap, and because of my line of work they are readily available! It'll make a nice trial run if nothing else, and at this point I have everything except the airstone. I think I can fit 8-12 cloning sites. I'll probably build it when I'm off next week.

What kind of cycle do you have the bubbler on?

Thanks friends!

I left mine bubbling 24/7. It was just a fine mist hitting the ends of the clones.
Here's a page with some DIY cloners, mine is second on the list. Just for possible ideas for ya. I've never tried the rockwool cubes in a bubble cloner. If it works out that's an idea, I have a bunch of them to use up. ;-)
420 Magazine ® - Cloning and cloners - Blogs

The only potential problem I see with the rockwool is it will get wet and hold onto the water around the stem. Maybe it's not a problem, maybe it will be. Still, I figure it's at least worth a try. That's a lot of what this is about anyway, experimenting and having fun. :bong:

Good afternoon, friends

I checked on the clones, and they all seem to be perking up ever so slightly. The two that looked the best are looking very good, one of the guys I thought for sue was a goner has really perked up. There is one that is still really iffy, but the other 5 I have a really good feeling about :) and I think the 1 still has a decent chance
:party:

all the autos and Minty are bigger this morning. I think pictures tonight!

Have a great day everyone, and smoke some good ass weed if you are able!

Yeah Reg! Welcome to the journey! It's nice to have you along, my friend!

Yes, canna, I have seen the flip lop inserts, and while it is genius, I don't think my lady would be as forgiving, as least not before she's seen what a harvest will bring. I'm going to use up my rockwool cubes as the inserts. If I cut each cube into 4 plugs, I can make 140 plugs and they can just be planted straight into the dirt, and that give me some time to show what a harvest will bring, then I can bust into the sandals! :high-five:

Thanks for measuring Chronic! +Reps for the help! My cloner will be about half as tall and much wider. I'm going to make it out of a cheap-ass white plastic fish box, They are vey thin and vey cheap, and because of my line of work they are readily available! It'll make a nice trial run if nothing else, and at this point I have everything except the airstone. I think I can fit 8-12 cloning sites. I'll probably build it when I'm off next week.

What kind of cycle do you have the bubbler on?

Thanks friends!

its never off

yea the rockwool is gonna be saturated with moisture
don't know if its a good thing but then again people clone by sticking cuttings in cups of water :thumb:

Alright, Picture time!!

Minty is 1 month old today. she has grown ALOT in a month. She's my first plant and I really hope she's a girl:)

Mintytwotopa.jpg

Mintytwotopb.jpg

20131212_234337.jpg

20131212_234359.jpg

Clones are looking a little better....

Droopy last night
droopyassclones.jpg

Less droopy tonight
20131211_110020.jpg

Aurora

Aurora2.jpg

Stephanie Tanner
StephanieTanner3.jpg

Dawnie Narco
20131212_234412.jpg

That's where we're at now folks, Plants are looking real good and happy, and the clones will hopefully become plants soon. I hope you all have a wonderful weed filled day!

yea the rockwool is gonna be saturated with moisture
don't know if its a good thing but then again people clone by sticking cuttings in cups of water :thumb:

I know, I'll make a few inserts out of some food grade plastic laying around at work, and try half and half to see if the rockwool works. Even if it's saturated, I feel like the roots should come on faster than any sort of stem rot or anything. I could definitely be wrong, but I've got em', and I'll never use them once I build the cloner. Worth a shot, I figure

you know I started out cloning in rockwool
first attempt came out pretty good
second attempt failed miserably lol
third time was soso
so its why I figured if I ever clone again im gonna use a aero cloner
then I saw how efficient a bubble cloner was and cheaper rates are pretty consistent now
that's just me tho
people here like I said can just throw it in a cup of water
I think those guys can probably grow a plant out of a leaf lol j/k

Back
Top Bottom