SweetLeef's Gone Muy Loco! Tijuana EbbnFlow - 4 Autos in Supersoil

sweetleaf,

It looks like AG, sky and c525 have you taken care of. They made some great posts here, and I'm excited to see all this action with the grow cubes!

Over 2013 I have done "capn style" in a few different flavors. Both Sky and AG (and several others) have done it with their own twists on it as well. The good news is, it is very forgiving, and easy.

The method I have landed on, is getting the 15 or 27gal tuff tote, and then sitting a bucket or airpot full of cubes, right on top of it. Drill some holes in the lid of the tote, under the bucket. A pump in the tote top feeds the cubes. Basically, look at the picture c526 posted, and this one below. It is the easiest way, the least complicated, cheapest, and gives you the flexibility to move it around, no chance of leaks, and each plant has its own reservoir. Best of all, you will get incredible growth rates with this set up! Good luck!

primo.jpg

sweetleaf,

It looks like AG, sky and c525 have you taken care of. They made some great posts here, and I'm excited to see all this action with the grow cubes!

Over 2013 I have done "capn style" in a few different flavors. Both Sky and AG (and several others) have done it with their own twists on it as well. The good news is, it is very forgiving, and easy.

The method I have landed on, is getting the 15 or 27gal tuff tote, and then sitting a bucket or airpot full of cubes, right on top of it. Drill some holes in the lid of the tote, under the bucket. A pump in the tote top feeds the cubes. Basically, look at the picture c526 posted, and this one below. It is the easiest way, the least complicated, cheapest, and gives you the flexibility to move it around, no chance of leaks, and each plant has its own reservoir. Best of all, you will get incredible growth rates with this set up! Good luck!

primo.jpg

Hey Capn!

Thanks for checking it out! I'm very glad you're here. Thank you for showing the way to growing big ladies! I cant wait to join the One Pound Plus Club. OPP:laughtwo:

there's the cap'n

Hope all is good and green in your world c526 Hope your Monday isn't too Monday-ie!!!

damn you need some height tho to do that with just my dwc bucket with the plant it reaches the light at the top of the tent I couldn't imagine adding a tote under it it have to be a mini pot and I think that would change the system that's already there
wouldn't be enough cubes for the roots and they would end up in the res anyway
Happy Munchday Sweet :thumb:
maybe one day ill just partition the room and put the tent away

that's what's happen to me, chronic, I have a dwc/crouton creation,figuring out the bugs took a minute,but now I can leave it for days at a time

>sweetleaf,I have some more pictures of my setup if interested, I don't want to intrude on your thread

that's what's happen to me, chronic, I have a dwc/crouton creation,figuring out the bugs took a minute,but now I can leave it for days at a time

>sweetleaf,I have some more pictures of my setup if interested, I don't want to intrude on your thread

Post away, friend. The more pictures and information the better:)

damn you need some height tho to do that with just my dwc bucket with the plant it reaches the light at the top of the tent I couldn't imagine adding a tote under it it have to be a mini pot and I think that would change the system that's already there
wouldn't be enough cubes for the roots and they would end up in the res anyway
Happy Munchday Sweet :thumb:
maybe one day ill just partition the room and put the tent away

Yes I do worry about the height. Still trying to figure something out. I was kind of thinking of very heavy training before the scrog, even still I need to figure out a way to get the bucket lower in the tent, but still able to drain. It'll come to me ;)

so as I was saying in my reply in my journal to you BID and Icemud are using those lights
the reflector lights show good quality led manufacturers tho they don't mention the manufacturers of the other 2 lights led's
what im wondering about is why they say the lifespan is between 50,000 and 100,00 hrs
I always thought it was 50k but maybe some improvements but still that's a big margin
their wattage shows like their lifespan of the leds theres no set number might have to do with what you have switched on and off tho since it does have 2 switches on them I guess to be able to turn on either or both spectrums of light
as I said tho they are saying good things about it and they are using them
if I would try any would be the mars and the reflector I wouldn't try the other one you listed 3 of them id use 2 of them and I think BID and or Ice maybe using both of those atm good to see what their grows do under that light itll help you decide if its worth it
I mean they are one of the cheaper lights and if it can produce last 50k hrs id think its worth it the only other thing would be customer service which seems that sara is doing pretty good with
the only thing like I said is no one had issues and had to send something back for warranty or anything so we don't know how well that part is
I hope I didn't confuse you more and hope I helped there Sweet
as for me until I can afford any ill wait I have a couple borrowed lights so when I do have extra cash I will figure out what im gonna buy to replace it

so as I was saying in my reply in my journal to you BID and Icemud are using those lights
the reflector lights show good quality led manufacturers tho they don't mention the manufacturers of the other 2 lights led's
what im wondering about is why they say the lifespan is between 50,000 and 100,00 hrs
I always thought it was 50k but maybe some improvements but still that's a big margin
their wattage shows like their lifespan of the leds theres no set number might have to do with what you have switched on and off tho since it does have 2 switches on them I guess to be able to turn on either or both spectrums of light
as I said tho they are saying good things about it and they are using them
if I would try any would be the mars and the reflector I wouldn't try the other one you listed 3 of them id use 2 of them and I think BID and or Ice maybe using both of those atm good to see what their grows do under that light itll help you decide if its worth it
I mean they are one of the cheaper lights and if it can produce last 50k hrs id think its worth it the only other thing would be customer service which seems that sara is doing pretty good with
the only thing like I said is no one had issues and had to send something back for warranty or anything so we don't know how well that part is
I hope I didn't confuse you more and hope I helped there Sweet
as for me until I can afford any ill wait I have a couple borrowed lights so when I do have extra cash I will figure out what im gonna buy to replace it

Hey Chronic!

Thank you for taking the time to do check those out and give me your opinion. A little bit after I sent you the link, I stumbled on Icemuds grow journal. Between that and emailing back and fourth to Sara, I feel good about my decision to purchase a unit. I was only able to purchase 1 unit and I am planning on adding a second unit down the road. I have a decent sized area, but I think with my running a few autos and then flowering one plant, 1 light should be a good start! I went with the Mars II 1200w. Got the big boy. Sara said the reflector, the one with two buttons, has better coverage, but the Mars has better penetration....You now I'm all about the penetration:) I'm really excited, It should be here early next week! Kind of an impulse buy, but I was panning on buying an HID anyway, why not spend a hundred more, and then save a lot more and still get results? It just made sense to pull the trigger! Thanks again Chronic!

Yes I do worry about the height. Still trying to figure something out. I was kind of thinking of very heavy training before the scrog, even still I need to figure out a way to get the bucket lower in the tent, but still able to drain. It'll come to me ;)

Height is no issue if you scrog properly. If you use the 15 gal tote that c526 uses it's only 12". The 27gal is 14" These 3 produced 3 lbs, you should be able to do the same, unless you're using LEDs. :rofl: Just kidding!

threeplant.jpg
all311.jpg

I don't know why, but the email notifier is only sending me links to certain journals and not others so I was outdated on this journal by a few days.

If one has any height concerns with using a 27 gal tough tote, consider using a smaller or at least shorter tote. The Tough Totes I promise you give the biggest bang for your buck, they are however just one design of at least hundreds. In my current setup, I found a clear 7 gallon tote from the the big department store that fits nicely under my cabinet (7" tall). I had to duct tape the crap out of it to kill light leaks, but aside from that, I don't see how a smaller tote wouldn't be just as successful with an otherwise extremely successful grow style, Capn Style. I'm a meddler (usually to my own demise), but I prefer to have an exterior res to better manage res swaps and nutrient adjustments around my own schedule. To keep the res in the flower room only would me a 12 hour window to make adjustments, but to use a res externally to the flower room/chamber would mean running plumbing which itself is a hassle and likely to open the door to unforeseen hassles and likely design flaws.

The Capn has proven his suggestions to me time and time again, and being as extremely hard headed as I am, I am none the less finding it easier and easier to take The Capn's word on a matter as gospel.

Ah, I'll be fine. I'm gonna throw in a little bit of Light addict' style and train the hell out of her in veg. Long veg lots of training, then a gentle scrog to finish her out, once the autos are gone. Should be pretty sweet.

Maybe a Fluxing Hydro-Grow? :rofl: I don't think I have a flux in me yet, but I'll do some training for sure.

Well off to snap some pics for my other journal. After a quick;)

SweetLeaf, your veg time will be much shorter, and your bud will come much sooner, if you don't torture your plants. And you can still get a high yield. When you have plants in flower and plants in veg (on deck), we should be focusing on growing those "on deck" plants as FAST as possible, getting them ready for the spotlight in flower. The bottom line is, the bigger we can get them in veg, the more they will yield.

Check out this post. The plants here will all produce a lb, and all I'm doing to them is topping, and bending out branches a bit to make them more bushy.

TheCapn's - Not So Simple - Aeroponics

I'm always open to learn new techniques for faster veg times and higher yields, but haven't seen anything yet!

good weed,all

sweetleaf couple of different styles ive done

first is a remote rez outside of my room 24hr access to change/adjust levels, I did 2 plants in flower at a time
my first Cap'n run(my 3rd in water, previous was dwc) I netted over 700 g, from a previous best of 6 oz

I got lazy towards the end of the run and didn't bother checking the water for the last week,my ppm climbed from 1150 to 2815 during the last week, started drying as it was growing

IMG_0318_-_Copy1.JPG

21557.JPG

if you look through my gallery there is some more pictures

The Capn has proven his suggestions to me time and time again, and being as extremely hard headed as I am, I am none the less finding it easier and easier to take The Capn's word on a matter as gospel.

no kidding, the Cap'n puts out so much effort, to people he doesn't know, articles are caveman proof.
I wish I would have stumbled across the cap'n 5-6 grows ago,would have saved me lots of time and money

Hello to all my Four-Twenty Friends!

A lot has been going on out side of the tent lately so I haven't had time to hang around here. I am starting to feel like I stated this journal a tad early. The ladies in my current grow are taking their sweet time finishing up. As soon as they go into the jars I can start The uber bleachie deep clean that I must do before starting this grow. Just to make sure I don't have any Borg left behind, the tent and apartment will also get a nice bug bombing. Then I can start this grow. I thought I'd only have 1 left at this point, although I am glad they all get a taste of the LED.

SweetLeaf, your veg time will be much shorter, and your bud will come much sooner, if you don't torture your plants. And you can still get a high yield. When you have plants in flower and plants in veg (on deck), we should be focusing on growing those "on deck" plants as FAST as possible, getting them ready for the spotlight in flower. The bottom line is, the bigger we can get them in veg, the more they will yield.

Check out this post. The plants here will all produce a lb, and all I'm doing to them is topping, and bending out branches a bit to make them more bushy.

TheCapn's - Not So Simple - Aeroponics

I'm always open to learn new techniques for faster veg times and higher yields, but haven't seen anything yet!

Hey Capn, Thanks for the input. I can see how leaving the plant be will allow for quicker bud. My ebb and flow plant will be in veg for at least 80 days, if these next autos are like my current autos, this is gonna be a long veg. I plant on topping and mostly LST, and a little super cropping before the scrog. Nothing too extreme, I promise. :)

good weed,all

sweetleaf couple of different styles ive done

first is a remote rez outside of my room 24hr access to change/adjust levels, I did 2 plants in flower at a time
my first Cap'n run(my 3rd in water, previous was dwc) I netted over 700 g, from a previous best of 6 oz

I got lazy towards the end of the run and didn't bother checking the water for the last week,my ppm climbed from 1150 to 2815 during the last week, started drying as it was growing

IMG_0318_-_Copy1.JPG

21557.JPG

if you look through my gallery there is some more pictures

no kidding, the Cap'n puts out so much effort, to people he doesn't know, articles are caveman proof.
I wish I would have stumbled across the cap'n 5-6 grows ago,would have saved me lots of time and money

Cool set up. I like the satellite res:) 700 is a lot of grams:) I am going to keep it more simple than that this time around, but eventually I'll have room for satellite res. I'll be around to check out your gallery soon!

I am very happy that the first thing I began reading were the Capn's journals and articles. I knew right away that that is how I want to grow. I don't know when exactly, but I am so excited to get this grow rolling. Current grow's gotta finish up. The thirds still has a while though.

Keep up the great work :thumb::thumb:

Thanks RX!! I'm glad you dropped in :)

Where ya at Man
Happy Freeweed day Sweet and a Chronic weekend to you :thumb:

Hey Chronic! Thanks for checkin in!. My led is so bright, I had a brief thought of, "I hope it's not too bright" :rofl: Seriously though, I wear sunglasses in my tent now, do you?

Time to update the current grow!

Back
Top Bottom