SweetLeef's Gone Even More Mas Muy Loco - Perpetual - 4400W TopLED - SuperSoil

Thank you, TopCat! I am really excited about Sammy. I wish I could let her go longer before I flip to flower. I'd like her to be really big. (I love the Harlequin, it's great medicine for me.) My closet is just way too small. :straightface: I need (want) another space set up!

So, Sweetleef, I think I will repot this week to prepare for the flip. That'll give her time to get her feet before she gets her flowers. I will also need to take care of those light leaks so she doesn't hermie on me... So much to do! :rofl: I wonder if I pop the posts out of the hinges and take off that door, I can use that rubber insulator/gasket type stuff and staple it around the door. That should take care of the gap in the top and sides and then I will just have the bottom of the door to deal with. Thoughts? :hmmmm:

Rather than staple, I use sticky backed foam strips around the door frame.

For the bottom of the door, I use a floor sweep sold to eliminate drafts. It is basically a pair of Styrofoam pool noodles inside a sack. I I tied string around the bag to cinch the noodles tight against the door. ... I also have a tray inside the room that acts as a light baffle, but any strip that stands up off the floor should do the trick. ... and finally, I have a cloth hanging inside the door that creates another layer of light protection. (Not pictured)

20150330_231014-1.jpg

P.s. sticking some foam strip to the floor so it touches the floor sweep when the door is closed, should seal against a hairline crack of light at the bottom of the floor sweep.

:party: :blunt: :partyboy: :blunt: :party:

:cheer: Everything Looks Great Over There SweetLeef and Ms Magic :cheer:

You guys have worked wonders with your grows :cheesygrinsmiley: I really like that gravel idea. Thanks for the great update and photos :thanks:

Thanks for stopping by Catman. Alway a pleasure when you are around :) The gravel is something I did in my last two grows, not sure why I didn't do it this time. Hindsight. I really do like the way they look with the rocks.

:high-five:

Thank you, TopCat! I am really excited about Sammy. I wish I could let her go longer before I flip to flower. I'd like her to be really big. (I love the Harlequin, it's great medicine for me.) My closet is just way too small. :straightface: I need (want) another space set up!

So, Sweetleef, I think I will repot this week to prepare for the flip. That'll give her time to get her feet before she gets her flowers. I will also need to take care of those light leaks so she doesn't hermie on me... So much to do! :rofl: I wonder if I pop the posts out of the hinges and take off that door, I can use that rubber insulator/gasket type stuff and staple it around the door. That should take care of the gap in the top and sides and then I will just have the bottom of the door to deal with. Thoughts? :hmmmm:

I think the gasket is a great idea. I say we glue some of the gasket stuff to the bottom of the door, and hang a piece of fabric or something on either side of the door. Homemade door sweep :) Or we could get some Panda film, remove the door cut the panda so it's taller and wider then you'd have more a curtain than a door.

OR... We get some panda film, but hang it outside of your current space to make a flower room. Veg a plant until the closet is full and then move her into the space next to it. Start vegging your next plant.

We should maybe get some of the expanding foam filler stuff for the holes in the walls. Couple squirts of that and you'll be light proof.

Rather than staple, I use sticky backed foam strips around the door frame.

For the bottom of the door, I use a floor sweep sold to eliminate drafts. It is basically a pair of Styrofoam pool noodles inside a sack. I I tied string around the bag to cinch the noodles tight against the door. ... I also have a tray inside the room that acts as a light baffle, but any strip that stands up off the floor should do the trick. ... and finally, I have a cloth hanging inside the door that creates another layer of light protection. (Not pictured)

20150330_231014-1.jpg

P.s. sticking some foam strip to the floor so it touches the floor sweep when the door is closed, should seal against a hairline crack of light at the bottom of the floor sweep.

:high-five: Thanks Rado!!

What he said :)

:ciao:Sweets

A while back I had the pleasure of meeting a 420 member in the real world. OnlyOrganic is his name. We started talking when he was about to move to my town. When he first got here although he had a medical card from another state, the requirements didn't line up and he couldn't get his card right away and he also didn't know anybody round these parts. I went to a dispensary in his stead to grab him some high cbd medicine. He's a cool dude and it was nice to help someone out.

A few months have gone by and we haven't really talked since. Not for lack of trying on his part, but more like lack of desire on mine. What I mean by that is I don't really make time for my old/current friends. I used to be a lot more social and then one day it just kinda clicked in my head that I enjoy being at home so much more then most other places. I'm active, I disc golf a lot, play kickball most seasons, And as the driver of a Thai Food Empire I sorrta work at 5 restaurants. I talk to a lot of people during the day and come the evening or my weekend, 9 times out of 10 I just want to be at home, pants off, getting in my garden or one of my various other activities I engage in. I'm kind of turning into a recluse as I grow up and I'm really not upset about it at all :)

Anyway, wow that was a rant. Anyway, OnlyOrganic got a hold of me the other day asking if I had any fresh leaves to spare as he was in need of some anti-inflammatory action real bad. So I had him over and did a pretty deep defol on the veg tent. I was able to give him a packed 1/2 grocery bag of fresh leaf. Also, my big Tangamanga in the veg ten turned out to be male. I really thought it was gonna be a she but I was wrong, so I chopped her down at the bottom of the stock and threw that in the bag as well! Remember the true bi-sexual Thunder Scouts? Well that was a few weeks ago now. I threw one of them in my garage and forgot about it. I forgot to hang a cfl for it. It's been in a dark garage for...:bon2:...a while now and Yo was standing tall and proud. No watering, no light, nothing for I think going on 3 weeks now. Crazy. So I chopped her down and threw that in the bag as well.

I would have been devastated by the Tangamanga veg if it didn't go to a good cause. The fact that I've had that plant since January and went through so much to have it around still, would have crushed me. I really don't feel bad about it at all though. Knowing that the plant still gets to provide relief despite not making delicious buds is enough for me. I just hate chopping down a perfectly good plant and throwing it away.

I'm not ashamed to say it. I feel really really really good after helping this guy out like that. For me, it was so easy to do. I was going to cut off those leaves anyway. Some would have made it into the worm bin, but the majority would not be utilized. And I have been super stoked since. I also gave him a jar of my pain cream and should be getting some feedback on it soon. So far all the feedback I have gotten on it has been really great, but I'm excited to get feedback from someone I don't really know.

I harvested one of the flower girls! And the seeds from the HArleSin branch I pollinated. I'll go discuss that tonight when i get home from work as it's time to get ready. I have been ranting too long. :bong:

If you're still reading thanks for hanging in there. I wish you a wonderful day!

Hey mate. Thanks for sharing :)

I understand the desire for time out...even the desire for your own company.

I love the fact you could help someone and also re-use...re-cycle almost...and have the output turn into a positive input. :)

Good for you. The world needs more yous.

:circle-of-love:

Sweets, it's great that you can share some of your personal feelings of satisfaction with us. All the more reason this is more than just a grow site; we're family here.

Man,

I bumped in my buddy NewRose and he invited me back to his place to check out how his things are progressing. We did some dabs and then I went home and passed out before I could get downstairs :laughtwo:

Anyway the update will be later than I had hoped, but it will come. In the meantime, lets take a look at a couple of shots I took of his set up. It's a row in a warehouse. Really col setup and he's very good at what he does.

The 8 smaller plants are a mixture of Romulan, and Mt Hood Magic(which I have a clone of), and the two very large ones are the Electric Dog Shit(which I also have a clone of)

It's a nice glimpse of what I can expect as the EDS is a cut from the really big one on your right as well as the top view picture.

Double scrog

20150405_000334.jpg
20150405_000313.jpg
20150405_000247.jpg
20150405_000237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom