SweetLeef's Gone Even More Mas Muy Loco - Perpetual - 4400W TopLED - SuperSoil

Holy shit. How mAny lamps in there?

I think his row has 6 lights maybe 8 I can't remember :bong:

But there are probably 14 or 16 rows like it. It my buddy and several of his buddys. It's a really neat place to be.

Yeah, that's just the main flower room. My buddy has one more flower room just to himself. I think he's got 9 monsters in there and there are a couple of other flower rooms that belong to some of the other guys. one big veg room they all share. Really cool set up. I love hanging out up there

So I had a big update all written out the other day and lost it. Couldn't bring myself to do it again so here we go.

Let's try this again, shall we?

First, The plant I alluded to harvesting over a week ago, Critical Sensi Star from Delicious seeds, is now in the jar with what we're calling a final weight of 29.7 grams. Just over a zip! Stoked about that. Anything over a zip on these ladies is absolute gravy in my opinion.
20150331_171551.jpg

Then, Tuesday night the Tijuana from Blimburn seeds as well as the AMS from Green House seeds both came down. Tijuana gave us 189 wet grams and the AMS gave us 228. Bot I believe will dry to over an ounce :)
TJ
20150406_172347.jpg

AMS
20150406_213813.jpg

Strawberry Cough and Alien Jack still have probably another week on then, though I am hoping they hurry up and I can hit them up this weekend. It will probably be next. Tangamanga and Pondo have 2-3 still as do the thunder scouts. I think they may finish before Tangamanga.

The girls in veg are all doing great except the Red Afro. She just never fully recovered and seems like she's giving up. I was reading in Radogast journal and a dude said "When a hen stops laying, invite her to dinner" So I am leaning toward just calling it on her. I've got so many plants and she's in a nice big pot that the Burmese Kush could be in. I'm still not sure, but I am starting to sway, I gave her a defol, maybe it's just the the old shiftily leaves have gotten big enough that it seems worse than it it. We'll see in a couple days and then she'll get the axe if it is to be so.

The rest of the veggies make me very happy right now. They got cleaned up a little last night. I opened The Church way up. She has a bunch of stalks in the center that weren't getting much light. Their color is way lighter than the rest, especially last night, but they are already getting darker from getting direct light. Plants are cool.

20150407_184556.jpg
20150407_184420.jpg
20150407_184321.jpg
20150407_184714.jpg
20150407_184607.jpg
20150407_185744.jpg
20150407_185245.jpg
20150407_190811.jpg
20150407_190658.jpg
20150407_191948.jpg

20150407_192940.jpg

The Thunder Scouts will be next into flower I think. I was going to do the older girls, but I want to be done wondering if it's a girls or a boy for a while so they are next, once I can sex them I will be running clones or fem seeds for a while. Let's hope these ladies can keep their nanners tucked.
20150407_192122.jpg
20150407_192539.jpg
20150407_192500.jpg
20150407_192723.jpg
20150407_192652.jpg
20150407_192617.jpg
20150407_192809.jpg
20150407_192906.jpg

That's where we are at today. I am going to go walk the dog and call it an early night I think. Gonna go start work early tomorrow so I can hopefully be out early. Monica has been out of town since last friday! I'm excited for her to get home and still have a couple of chores I need to finish up before she gets home.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

:party: Congratulations on your Harvest(s) :party:

Anything over a zip on these ladies is absolute gravy in my opinion.

Absolutely - After the winter we had I am quite grateful for any harvest, but a nice fat oz is truly satisfying :blunt:

"When a hen stops laying, invite her to dinner" So I am leaning toward just calling it on her. I've got so many plants and she's in a nice big pot that the Burmese Kush could be in.

:rofl: Good point :rofl: That "nice big pot" would probably sway me to sacrifice the stubborn one :rollingeyes:

The rest of the veggies make me very happy right now. They got cleaned up a little last night. I opened The Church way up. She has a bunch of stalks in the center that weren't getting much light. Their color is way lighter than the rest, especially last night, but they are already getting darker from getting direct light. Plants are cool.

Plants are very cool and working with cannabis has soothed my soul almost as much as partaking LOL
:volcano-smiley: Your veging girls look really happy all cleaned up! I picked this one here as my "favorite"

20150407_190811.jpg

The Thunder Scouts will be next into flower I think. I was going to do the older girls, but I want to be done wondering if it's a girls or a boy for a while so they are next, once I can sex them I will be running clones or fem seeds for a while. Let's hope these ladies can keep their nanners tucked.

That's where we are at today. I am going to go walk the dog and call it an early night I think. Gonna go start work early tomorrow so I can hopefully be out early. Monica has been out of town since last friday! I'm excited for her to get home and still have a couple of chores I need to finish up before she gets home.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Crossing my Fingers for Female Thunder Scouts :cheesygrinsmiley: I have bag seed photo periods I hope take hold so I will have a sex mystery hopefully in the next few weeks too :cheer: You've had a lot to figure out with these ladies and props for keeping up - You have a monster grow as far as I'm concerned :peace: I would love to be able to walk around a warehouse sized grow just to see it, but I don't see how folks can keep an eye on all those plants with all the variables involved about 2 would still be the most I can handle ATM :rofl:

Hope you're in for a great spring weekend SweetLeef :peace:

Hello Great Uncle Sweetleef! Girls are looking so good. I think I am partial to the Mt Hood Magic as well. Then again... The Church, Burmese Kush and Bubbalicious are also looking really good.... so many plants, and they aren't at my house....

As the ladies in flower near the end, I am thinking once again about my soil mix and how I need to get that going. Money is super tight right now, but I am going to try and acquire the accoutrement needed to cook the soil up next week. I need to get plants potted up an moving along and I don't want to buy another bag of supersoil. I love the stuff. It has done me pretty well, but it's time for bigger and better things.

I have taken the soil recipe I will be using from COOrganics thread, How to get started growing indoors organically - No bottles and posted it here so it will be easy for me to find, and maybe someone who doesn't know about this soil and might be interested and might get turned onto organics.

Real organics.

Clackamas Coot soil mix:

"Equal parts of Sphagnum peat moss, some aeration deal (pumice, rice hulls, lava rock - whatever is sitting in the garage) and finally some mix of humus - my compost, worm castings some black leaf mold I bought from the local 'worm guy'
To each 1 c.f. of this mix I add the following:
1/2 cup organic Neem meal
1/2 cup organic Kelp meal
1/2 cup Crab meal (or Crustacean meal when available - it has Shrimp meal with the Crab meal. It's a local product from the fisheries on the Oregon & Washington Coasts)
4 cups of some minerals - rock dust

After the plant is in the final container I top-dress with my worm castings at 2" or so and then I hit it with Aloe vera juice and Comfrey extract. Or Borage. Or Stinging Nettle. Or Horsetail ferns. Whatever is ready.

The Rock Dust Recipe
4x - Glacial Rock Dust - Canadian Glacial (Gaia Green label)
1x - Bentonite - from the pottery supply store
1x - Oyster Shell Powder - the standard product from San Francisco Bay
1x - Basalt - from Redmond, Oregon (new product at Concentrates - about $18.00) ."

I believe that this recipe allows for some substitutions and that the biggest thing is to stick to the 1/3 SPM, 1/3 aeration, 1/3 humus and the amendments at the specified ratios. I have seen people (including myself) vary the actually "rock dusts" but don't if you can help it, and certainly don't omit the oyster shell flour in place of something else.

Living organic soil is very rewarding to grow in, give it a try, no one has ever looked back after going this route.

this next bit of information is to help me figure out how much stuff I need to buy to make this soil, I lifted it from Radogast' thread Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

5 gallon = 35 lbs
7 gallon = 49 lbs
10 gallon=70 lbs.
(1 cubic ft=53 lbs)

For my purposes, and given I only expect to move pots around on planting and flowering day,
I think I'll go with 10 gallon pots at roughly 1.5 cu ft. per pot.

Thanks dudes!

I plant to make a whole cubic yard of this stuff!

I think what I will do is try to harvest three monsters in 7gallon no-till pots a month-ish. I could probably do 4, but I think if I had three finishing up, three a month behind I'd be sitting pretty. I could probably do 4, and may move up to that if I find I have room, but I think starting in 3's is a good place.

Because I want monsters I plan to have 2-4 month veg time giving them time to really fill each pot with roots before moving up. I think I will go

Solo
#1pot
#3pot
7gal no till for about a month in veg and then flip to flower.

The month in the final pot before flip will give the plant a chance to recover from any transplant shock, get some legs, and allow me to get her set in the pot to make sure she's ready to stretch.

I do have a couple questions about the soil CO, whenever you see this.

1. About how long should I spend mixing the soil. I want to be thorough to be sure. Should I plan on 20-30minutes of shovel work? What is your soil mixing technique like?

2. I plan on making 1cu yd. of this mix, just so I don't F it up, I want to do 1/3cu yd peat moss 1/3cu yd aeration, 1/3cu yd of compost, then add the meals and powders at the correct ratio, no?

3. As seen above, I still plan on moving the plant up to the final pot. Is this correct? Or should I be planting the clone/seedling into the 7gal and vegging it for however long flipping when I decide it's time so I am disturbing the least amount of soil? It makes sense to me to pot up, but I have a feeling by doing that I am kind of missing the point of no-till, as I will be removing a #3 pot's worth of soil, which is a decent amount of dirt.

That's where my thought are tonight. Plants are looking great tonight. I think the Alien Jack Mota is coming down tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I got so wrapped up thinking about my new soil that I almost for got.

I jarred up Tijuana Sunday night and she gave us a very respectable 31.7grams Boo-Ya!

Monday afternoon, I jarred up the AMS. She gave us a whopping 50grams right on the nose :high-five: :cheer:

Both I sampled right before closing up the jar and both are pretty much ready to go. If someone will remind me next week, I will try another sample and attempt to compare them to the funny face chart. I have NOT been good about strain reports :)

Anywho, that's all for now. :)

you might not need a cu yard.

with 1, 3, 7 gal pots and three in flower with up to four months veg you need.
3x1 gallon and 3x3 gallon each two month flower cycle.
these could be single use soil (not perpetual living soil)
or you could do perpetual living soil on the 3 gallons.

you will need 6 x7 gallon (2 sets) If you veg for 2 months before moving into the 7 gallon pots
Or 9x7 gallons (3 sets) if you don't stay in the 3 gallon for the full 2 months.

So the maximum for three perpetual plants is 9x7 + 3x3 = 72 gallons of LIVING SOI.
The maximum for four plants is 12x7 plus 4x3 = 96 gallons.

96 gallons (liquid) is about 13 cu ft
96 gallons (dry) is about 15 cu ft
1 cubic yard is 27 cu ft, so about twice what you need .

if you have only two large pots per plant, one in veg, one in flower,
with four plants in flower at all times, that goes down to:
56 gallons(9 cu ft_ 1/3 cu yd) for 7 gallon pots.
80 gallons(12.4 cu ft_ 1/2 cu yd) for 10 gallon pots.

anyway you slice it, a cubic yard seems at least twice what you need.
(unless you are also growing lots of tomatoes :) )

When you put it that way Rado, a cu yd does seem like quite a bit...

Then again with a cycle like I am trying to do I will pretty much always need more soil....

half yard is what I figured I would need to get started, but I figured that other half yard would be good to have for the seedlings and I would still like a couple of mothers. so I might still make the whole yard.

Maybe I should make 3/4 now and another 1/2 at the end of summer? I definitely don't want to run out of soil in the winter time.

I do have a few tomatoes, beets, cucumbers, pattypan squash, Chinese eggplant going that will probably need some love too.

I also have a lot of plants I want to push through before I get out the 7 gallons. I won't have room for the veg cycle otherwise.

But, I am going to do one more big push to get most of these ladies through before the no-till really gets going. I just don't want to buy anymore bagged soil "Now with more gnats!" Second run supersoil will not have the power to finish these girls off as they will be large and quite demanding, so reusing my supersoil for these girls is out. So I am still leaning heavily on the full yard.

Most of the ingredients for the soil I will be buying from a place CO turned me onto called Concentrates, Pretty much everything I am buying comes in a 50# bag. I might as well make a bunch because I will certainly be able to.

Well, I just realized, I probably won't be able to get both the soil made and purchase all of the 7's and 3 gal pots at the same time, so maybe I should make .5 yard now. Get the plants pushed through I'm pushing through, and focus on getting the veg tent squared away and set up for the cycle and then in about a month make the other .5 yard and it should be finished up just about the right time. Maybe the first round of 7's won't get the month of veg, but I think it'll be ok once.

Another Question for CO,

4. Would it be ok to measure a little heavy on the neem meal for extra critter protection, or should I measure pretty exactly?
Also, wood cedar chips(haha) be a good thing to add to the soil because critters don't like cedar, or do they leach some weird chemical so you don't want to use them in such a way? I was just thinking a few toward the top of the pots, not necessarily throughout the entire mix.

I'm getting really excited to get this rolling. It's hard to think about anything else. Waiting for the soil to cook will make it easier to let these flower girls really finish up if it's at least a month from Monday before I can even think about flowering anything else.

Well, that was a hell of a ramble. For anyone who read all that, thanks for allowing me to basically think out loud and figure this out. It's hard to get it all straight in my head.

If you guys think I am overlooking anything please let me know! I want this to work like gangbusters!

Well better get ready for work.

Hope everyone woke to fat bowls of frosty nuggage and gardens bursting with flowers :)

Alright,

I just got off the phone with Concentrates Inc. and I think when I get paid Monday I'll be heading down there to pick up the things I need to make my new soil.

I can't believe how inexpensive this soil actually is. Especially since I can get everything I need here in town(except for the neem cake) except for the neem cake. :) For the price of 10.5cu ft of Supersoil, I will be making an entire cubic yard. Or 18 bags of soil for the price of 7 And I'll use it time and time again. I don't think it can get cheaper than that :)

Q 4 CO
6. Can I mix up the soil, and then add the neem cake when I get it a few days later. Does the soil need to cook for 30 days ager the neem is added or is a few days/a week not a big deal concerning the neem?

I will be making the whole yard. Everything comes in bags large enough to do that, and then some. I have to buy 1/2 yard of lava rocks, so I'll have some left over the pretty up the yard. Might as well go for it.

I will be using all the aforementioned ingredients. I will be using red lava rock for aeration in the soil. It will last a very long time and when it eventually does break down, it will add all sorts of good minerals to the soil. Sweet deal.

Really can't wait for Monday. Rarin' to get going on this project.

Headed over to my buddys place a little later to make some Rosin. Pretty cool tech can't wait to have some of it.

Gonna go check on the flowers. I might have one or two coming down this weekend. :)

Hope all is well :high-five:

Lucky you on the soil vendor.

Pumice is almost unavailable on the east coast. When I finally found a vendor/wholesaler he asked $1.50/lb. My half a yard was going top be over $800 w/shipping. I'm going go have to go with perlite. It probably never degrades.

Congratulations on your soil, I've been trying to source for weeks. My girls are overdue for repotting.

A 1/2 yard of pumice would cost me $22 if I went and picked it up myself. No idea how much it would cost me to ship 1/2 yard of pumice to you, but if it was significantly cheaper, and you basically figured out what I needed to do I'd help a brother out.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom