The Battle - Indica vs Sativa

If you're looking to add more light perhaps look at getting some cfl's. If memory serves me correctly i did a grow some years back with either 1 or 2 125W dual spectrum bulbs, they around the same size and length as a HPS but no special light fittings required and cost £35 each. You would just need a reflector hood for them and they don't get too hot.

If you're looking to add more light perhaps look at getting some cfl's. If memory serves me correctly i did a grow some years back with either 1 or 2 125W dual spectrum bulbs, they around the same size and length as a HPS but no special light fittings required and cost £35 each. You would just need a reflector hood for them and they don't get too hot.

It's not so much that I'm needing to add more light - it's I needed a new light ;). My current HPS is over four years old (magnetic ballast and all) It was time for an upgrade so I was toying between another HPS or LED.

I have a load of 65 watt 6400k CFL that I used to use for vegetative growth that I could put into the space for some extra light although I'm not really sure it's needed to be honest.

Grow space measures - 4ft x 5ft with 7ft of height. However the actual space used for plants is 3ft x 4.5ft - so a total area of 13.5 square feet of grow space. Works out at roughly 45 watts per square foot.

I'm pretty sure the target wattage for flowering is 50 watts per square foot, so not too sure if there would be much use in adding more light. ;)

IMG_2720_1_.JPG
IMG_2721_1_.JPG

Thanks Matey! Unfortunately the budget stretched as far as the new HPS, carbon filter and some other pieces like second flood tray and more coco.

Looks like I will be waiting another couple of years for a LED fixture lol

Yeah, I understand. Money... can't live with it, can't live without it. LOL!

If I were to choose between the 2 then HPS would also be the clear winner for me.

Well the garden is coming along well, auto tutankhamon is continuing to grow fatter buds whilst pushing out more and more new hairs - I hate to say it but I am quite pleased with how this auto is coming along.

IMG_2726_1_.JPG
IMG_2727_1_.JPG
IMG_2728_1_.JPG

Auto Anubis in soil is growing strong, still no signs of stretch - all she has been given so far is plain water:):)

IMG_2729_1_.JPG

We have roots on the clones ;)

IMG_2732_1_.JPG

And Mono is now going to go perpetual - Setting up the veg space over the next couple of days.

IMG_2733_1_.JPG

everything is looking great and congrats on the new vegetation station. sorry I can't be more help with the nutrients.

I think that's the only way it can be done as far as I know Mono. I can't see a way of reducing the amount of Nitrogen that's already in there, best solution could only be to thin out the ratio's by adding PK whether it's PK 13/14 or a different bloom nutrient with a much lower N ratio (I use Plantmagic Oldtimer Bloom which is 3-5-4 so probably wouldn't be great for diluting with), or maybe go the organic route with what you add as usually they're pretty high ratio of whatever you need rather than being multi nute. I hope you find a way to fix it mate, good luck :thumb:

What about adding pk 13/14 along with your nutes? That would keep the N at lower ratio of dosage with P and K being much higher. Or how about mixing a lower dosage of A and B and supplement with a low dosage of pk 13/14, i reckon cutting both in half would do it.

:thanks:

Auto's are quite light feeders in comparison to photoperiod plants so I think I will go along with adding the Pk 13/14 but lower the dosage on the A, B and PK ;)

I think that's the only way it can be done as far as I know Mono. I can't see a way of reducing the amount of Nitrogen that's already in there, best solution could only be to thin out the ratio's by adding PK whether it's PK 13/14 or a different bloom nutrient with a much lower N ratio (I use Plantmagic Oldtimer Bloom which is 3-5-4 so probably wouldn't be great for diluting with), or maybe go the organic route with what you add as usually they're pretty high ratio of whatever you need rather than being multi nute. I hope you find a way to fix it mate, good luck :thumb:

I was toying with the idea of adjusting the pH level for a while to 'lock out' the nitrogen but when I had a look at some charts it's pretty much available at all pH levels that phosphorous and potassium are so that idea is out.

Funnily enough I found it much easier to use the coco and adjust the nutrients when I was using Cannas soil nutrient line rather than the coco specific nutrients, although I'm sure there were all sorts of trace elements missing from solution it didn't seem to cause any issues with the plants.

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: I will have a go at lowering the concentration of A and B, whilst adding pk 13/14 (only since i already have this). If that doesn't work I might look at adding a different line of nutrients to the mix :)

Update

The original idea with this journal was to grow two plants under the 600 watt HPS (after auto's and a long veg). There might be a little twist here or there but ultimately we will get to the OG Kush vs Delicious Candy ;).

In a week or so, the flowering light is going to be flipped to 12/12 for the last month of autos.Some of the plants will be taken out and put into the veg space - Namely OG kush clones, our big delicious candy as I really like her vigour and may keep her as a mother ( I have another seed of this strain I'm going to germinate to see if I can find a different pheno.)

Anyway some pics

IMG_2744_1_.JPG
IMG_2745_1_.JPG
IMG_2746_1_.JPG
IMG_2748_1_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom