The Dr. Bruce Bugbee Thread

Yep it's a good watch... he is slightly awkward but that's not a problem :laughtwo:
I agree.
I like Dr. Bruce and his slightly uneasy nature. Makes him seem more authentic. I started watching his vids last fall. Very helpful.
Wish I could afford one of those Apogee sensors.

I agree.
I like Dr. Bruce and his slightly uneasy nature. Makes him seem more authentic. I started watching his vids last fall. Very helpful.
Wish I could afford one of those Apogee sensors.

Spot on... he comes across as a very honest and straight up man, i haven't even looked at the price of the sensors.
If you have watched other videos of him that are interesting please link them here :thumb:

Yeah I was watching YouTube one day and he came on after whatever I was watching, I was bout to change it then got stuck and watched like 3 hours of him talking about lights and stuff lol very informative :nomo:

Spot on... he comes across as a very honest and straight up man, i haven't even looked at the price of the sensors.
If you have watched other videos of him that are interesting please link them here :thumb:
I just watched whatever was on YouTube. You posted many of them. If I get free time I plan to watch more.
If I find anything different I will share it here .

Interesting video i stumbled across :)

This guy is pretty damn smart. He has some very interesting threads. He's also one of the owners for Apogee so I feel like sometimes he's selling it a little too much... but maybe its just me.

This guy is pretty damn smart. He has some very interesting threads. He's also one of the owners for Apogee so I feel like sometimes he's selling it a little too much... but maybe its just me.
He does mention his own products from time to time but i don't begrudge him that and don't think he pushes it, maybe i haven't watched enough of his videos yet :thumb:

He does mention his own products from time to time but i don't begrudge him that and don't think he pushes it, maybe i haven't watched enough of his videos yet :thumb:
There's another video of professor in a class using a few different PAR meters and Apogee didnt do so well.

They make a full spectrum meter that looks cool, but its pretty expensive

I tailored my setup after many of the ppfd, temperature, and CO2 absorption rates from Dr. Bugbee. I always like seeing science instead of anecdotes. He's referencing his companies par meters during a seminar on par and ppfd, where he's demonstrating his own equipment. Its not like he's selling hemp sandels and beach balls. Its the equivalent of a YouTuber saying hit subscribe.

Bruce's videos are great, I just discovered him recently myself. Switching to his media and nutes, with drip irrigation coming soon. Was already on board with the ppfd and co2 but it was relieving to hear a professor confirm all the information. These videos are really underrated, newbies could learn a lot from them.

I tailored my setup after many of the ppfd, temperature, and CO2 absorption rates from Dr. Bugbee. I always like seeing science instead of anecdotes. He's referencing his companies par meters during a seminar on par and ppfd, where he's demonstrating his own equipment. Its not like he's selling hemp sandels and beach balls. Its the equivalent of a YouTuber saying hit subscribe.
spot on novawolf. he's kind of nerdy but what do you expect from a prof teaching PHd botany to a bunch of "Savages". I like his scientific approach and accurate measurements of the environment are critical, so I kind of expect him to pitch his tool sets. Have you heard the class he does on VPD? If you can stay awake its worth it

I am fairly new to the grow scene and I love listening to Bruce Bugbee. I too wish the Apogee instruments were a little lower in price. I had my eye on the PAR meter of course, but would also like to one day get my hands on a monitor for DLI and the sensor for light leaks.

Its been an interesting progression up the learning curve and listening to the perspectives of both the PhD and the Bro Science.

GG

I am fairly new to the grow scene and I love listening to Bruce Bugbee. I too wish the Apogee instruments were a little lower in price. I had my eye on the PAR meter of course, but would also like to one day get my hands on a monitor for DLI and the sensor for light leaks.
Dr. Bugbee provides a lot of good information. I've watched many of his videos and am very glad that I did. He is the founder of Apogee and I agree about the price of the PAR meter. I considered buying one of the less expensive brands of PAR meter but decided to go with the MQ-500. My thinking is simple - since it's the standard, it's not going to be wrong. I started germinating some Gorilla Glue autoflowers last weekend. Over the course of this week I was able to set the light levels on the plants to within 1 µms. They were in seedling trays so it was pretty easy. I moved them into my reservoir today and the MQ-500 allowed me to incorporate an 18 watt T5 and the Mars SP 3000 and dial in the exact PPFD that I wanted. It wasn't cheap but it's very useful. BTW, if you decide to get the 500, buy it with the wand and the case. I've found the wand to be really handy and, at $4,000 per pound, I think $25 for the case is a really good idea.

Its been an interesting progression up the learning curve and listening to the perspectives of both the PhD and the Bro Science.
Agree completely. Setting the light level was really an eye opener for me. Using instruments is a far cry from "30 to 34'' above the plants" and, I'm very impressed with how well these seedlings have turned out. Now that I've got the big illumination issues resolved, I can start dealing with the other eight factors that Bugbee talks about.

Dr. Bugbee provides a lot of good information. I've watched many of his videos and am very glad that I did. He is the founder of Apogee and I agree about the price of the PAR meter. I considered buying one of the less expensive brands of PAR meter but decided to go with the MQ-500. My thinking is simple - since it's the standard, it's not going to be wrong. I started germinating some Gorilla Glue autoflowers last weekend. Over the course of this week I was able to set the light levels on the plants to within 1 µms. They were in seedling trays so it was pretty easy. I moved them into my reservoir today and the MQ-500 allowed me to incorporate an 18 watt T5 and the Mars SP 3000 and dial in the exact PPFD that I wanted. It wasn't cheap but it's very useful. BTW, if you decide to get the 500, buy it with the wand and the case. I've found the wand to be really handy and, at $4,000 per pound, I think $25 for the case is a really good idea.

Agree completely. Setting the light level was really an eye opener for me. Using instruments is a far cry from "30 to 34'' above the plants" and, I'm very impressed with how well these seedlings have turned out. Now that I've got the big illumination issues resolved, I can start dealing with the other eight factors that Bugbee talks about.
I’ve tried to listen to this guy, I can’t do it.... how many pounds has this guy cranked out his basement. It smells fishy to me!

Back
Top Bottom