The Phantom Og The Opera Goes Apeshit: Starring Barney's Farm Gorilla Zkittelz, Phantom OG & Supporting Cast

I am seeing similar phenos. I have two that are taller and one that just seems to enjoy being Short and fat.
Same as mine then. the smaller tend to stack buds better so i would maybe elevate it to the canopy level before it gets swamped as mine did. definitely, definitely, definitely start supporting ( or cane at the ready) every main that tou intend to grow out. the stems cannot keep the weight up on ANY gz i have seen so far ( not a bad thing !) Good luck and enjoy these beauties

Update Day 60 (74 days since flip): I have some harvested , trimmed and dried buddage to play with. :yahoo: :lot-o-toke::headbanger::tommy::tommy:
The Phantom Og has turned out beautiful with solid ,sweet and dank buds. I am kicking myself for the calmag starving of her and i can see the losses by the amount of well formed budsites with medium sized buds sat on them. After her drying and trimming , she only made 49.50g but they are rock solid little nugs.She does taste so sweet like tropical fruit and crumbles so well with no lumps or bumps to a fine dustier powder.
The cookie Kush ended as a great looking bonsai version of the original seed bearer too i reckon. She had good light and all of the other trapping to grow bigger but didnt quite bring her A game. Again there are some issues of my creating
regarding penetration and space to spread out a bit more along with poor room reflection,rh too high . pot size and transplanting ( something i never do !!! , but am now going to do for a huge change ). she only gave 46.30g but again it is quality bud.
The first 2 small Gz have also given up a mediocre yield but they are amazing looking crunchy , gritty ,fruity, sweet nugs that are a joy to smoke. ( only had samples of these so far before their jar time). seeing how much thc they have in them is a blessing too. I think they had hit their peak and needed harvesting before their sisters whobare still going great with new pistils and finishing their lowers off . I also want to test the theory around "going the extra week " that a recent cid here discussed. They are passed their 56 days actual flowering now and are on day 70 since their flip but they look so amazing and ripe close up. i have not pushed one this far before this way but love the result so far. I wont let the. go much further now though as its too close to busting out with lost erps and dying off,hermie time ect...

Here are some harvest pics to start things off.
20190909_012512.jpg
20190909_012501.jpg
20190909_012300.jpg
20190909_012140.jpg
20190909_012134.jpg
20190909_012112.jpg
20190909_011933.jpg
20190909_011846.jpg
20190909_011727.jpg

Great summary, GG!
I have my stakes ready :)
Wonderfully healthy jars there mate. Should keep you either in or out of mischief - choose your own preference :cool:
Lovely haul. Really great to see.
And there’s more to come?!
Are we still in the running for a personal best on the weights?

Update day 60: The flowering continues with the O s putting new pistils out for her last push before finish. A second pistil push is something I practiced from years back before microscoping trichs ect became the thing. Lots has changed since my 10 year lay off from growing and the technique have moved so much. I did discuss the extra weeks idea with Prof Flora after a video i saw on here somewhere. With the new method of timing the flowering for me , it has been a hairy time around harvest. My microscope has 3 flat batteries i discovered so yet again a curve ball drags me to the dark ages for a resolve.
The buds on the Gz pair are the best looking buds i have had for somidness amd colour spectrum. They look so ripe that it is hard to explain their appeal properly. The pics wont do them justice as well as naked eye can. I love this strain with her long legs full of solid buds. Both girls are so so close to being done now at 60 days and i dont want to totally bust out on this gamble so they will be out soon.
Os is definitely a happy lady with her age and she has given me the confidence in the counting flowering with this second pistil flush. They are fading out now and i expect her to reward me with some more resin glands to swell her for her end. A future keeper strain potentially. The buds are stone hard and smell like a basket of satsuma oranges. besides the loss of a few bits during the rh issues , she has kept her growth gradual and manageable but has struggled this week to keep her lowers held up. another week should finish her perfect i think. Any comments thoughts on these girls much appreciated. @ProfessorFlora the Os has shocked me mate with her willingness to continue on but she looks huge now. hoping to be near your masterpiece mate
20190909_150003.jpg
20190909_145937.jpg
20190909_145928.jpg
20190909_145916.jpg
20190909_145904.jpg
20190909_145822.jpg
20190909_145759.jpg
20190909_145753.jpg
20190909_145744.jpg

Great summary, GG!
I have my stakes ready :)
Wonderfully healthy jars there mate. Should keep you either in or out of mischief - choose your own preference :cool:
Lovely haul. Really great to see.
And there’s more to come?!
Are we still in the running for a personal best on the weights?
Thanks Dd. I am hopeful on the 4 left growing. it looks like they got the best of everything with their size ect. I am shocked at the low yield from 4 plants but not upset at the quality of them. little beauties and do know where i stumped them all and what to do next run. lol . Second part of update shows their potential to bring it up to personal best maybe ????. Mrs GG needs appeasing after the expense of new lights and my assurances , like a schoolboy asking for a bike for christmas with the promises i made on switching over.lol Fingers crossed ( and fast flight travel bag ready !!) .lol

Nice update Gg. The Gz looks to have some very nice nugs lovely colors on them and quite frosty too. The remaining Os and Gz have a very nice fade going on my Os was definitely floppy near the end which is definitely a good thing.
like a schoolboy asking for a bike for christmas with the promises i made on switching over.lol Fingers crossed ( and fast flight travel bag ready !!) .lol
Hahaha you kill me Gg. Sounds like me with Mrs. N . "I promise the next run will be better I just need"... insert growing supplies here lol.

Nice update Gg. The Gz looks to have some very nice nugs lovely colors on them and quite frosty too. The remaining Os and Gz have a very nice fade going on my Os was definitely floppy near the end which is definitely a good thing.

Hahaha you kill me Gg. Sounds like me with Mrs. N . "I promise the next run will be better I just need"... insert growing supplies here lol.
hahahaha not just me then ??? Thanks N. i will put the "leg it" suitcase back under the bed now.lol I find using the term "Looking ill' when needing something else does the trick. Her mothering instinct kicks in !
I was surprised at the similarity to the Gz on the Os growth. I thought the quadlining would help them get ready to self support but they got so resin heavy they flopped , now the os has been doing the same and photo-bombing all the others with floppy mains. Love the grow of it too.
thanks N

Hey GG! Congrats on the harvests brother :high-five: Nice to see the last few girls giving an extra push, i think another week will do them well :passitleft:

Hey GG! Congrats on the harvests brother :high-five: Nice to see the last few girls giving an extra push, i think another week will do them well :passitleft:
Thanks irie. good to see you fella. They are great to smoke so far and i am slowly trying each one at present.lol. Been wasted for 2 days , heehee
20190910_234621.jpg
20190910_234259.jpg
20190910_233850.jpg
20190910_233431.jpg
20190910_233426.jpg

Update day 61: I have taken the Gz monsters out for their dark period today. I struggled to keep rhem both held up as i moved them too. They are huge and look absolutely amazing close up and in light. Got to be contenders for something or other here
20190911_163557.jpg
20190911_123335.jpg
20190911_123225.jpg
20190911_123213.jpg
20190911_123204.jpg
20190911_123154.jpg
20190911_123129.jpg
20190911_123104.jpg
20190911_123101.jpg

Wow brother those GZ nugs are looking exceptional! :thedoubletake::headbanger: Rock hard and packed with frost. Awesome colour.You can be well proud of that! :welldone::passitleft:

Got to be contenders for something or other here

... strong contenders for laying gigiddy oh you tee out! Careful, you’ll be waking up with your beard grown into the carpet. Holy smoke. I’m dehydrated from drooling here. :rofl:

Wow brother those GZ nugs are looking exceptional! :thedoubletake::headbanger: Rock hard and packed with frost. Awesome colour.You can be well proud of that! :welldone::passitleft:
Hey bro. thank you. i love how they have turned out. great strain to grow and smoke too. cannot wait to sample these ripe ladies

... strong contenders for laying gigiddy oh you tee out! Careful, you’ll be waking up with your beard grown into the carpet. Holy smoke. I’m dehydrated from drooling here. :rofl:
me too DD. lpl. been killing me watching them and forcing myself to wait till they hit this spot. a few dark days will sweat that resin out too hopefully. They are rock solid too. will have to use a mallet before i can grind em up. lol

Wow Gg those buds look fantastic! They certainly aren't leafy buds must be rock hard. Love the hint of purple on them and they are no slouch in the thricome department either. Great Job.

Good job GG! Glad you're enjoying sampling the bounty! Those GZs and the OS look like some excellent plants. You got some good phenos. Its interesting that you had a floppy OS but then again with buds like that I guess it's hardly surprising. Hope you're well my friend

Looking good,GG-those are some seriously dense buds-can't wait for the harvest pics
when they "emerge from the darkness"!

Wow Gg those buds look fantastic! They certainly aren't leafy buds must be rock hard. Love the hint of purple on them and they are no slouch in the thricome department either. Great Job.
Thanks N. They have finished beautifully. so many shades of orange in the too. smell beautiful up close too. hoping they don't shrink too much but are stone hard so should just get lighter in weight. trimming 1st up tonight after 36 hrs dark , her sister tomorrow i hope . Mrs GG available for tonight only so have to grab opportunity while i can.lol

Back
Top Bottom