Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

Sorry, been busy helping my son in law build a fence. I can finally concede that I’m too old for that shit. Enough said about that.
I started the dirty work Monday. After six grueling hours of trim jail I hit the wall, feeling defeated, like I was too old for that shit too. Turns out I had
IMG_4523.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4533.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg
trimmed & jarred 12 zips with probably 1/2 oz of larf to go. The buds are dense & tight. The aroma is sweet - smells like ice cream. Of course I’ve sampled some & I’m quite pleased. The Sativa qualities are superb, with a perfect Indica effect. Not sleepy weed, even after it wears off, which takes a few hours. Outside, everything is brighter, more interesting & more pleasant. Most importantly, I want to play my guitar.
The buds maintained their density & I was stunned by the yield. I was expecting 8 zips at the most…

Sorry, been busy helping my son in law build a fence. I can finally concede that I’m too old for that shit. Enough said about that.
I started the dirty work Monday. After six grueling hours of trim jail I hit the wall, feeling defeated, like I was too old for that shit too. Turns out I had
IMG_4523.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4533.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg
trimmed & jarred 12 zips with probably 1/2 oz of larf to go. The buds are dense & tight. The aroma is sweet - smells like ice cream. Of course I’ve sampled some & I’m quite pleased. The Sativa qualities are superb, with a perfect Indica effect. Not sleepy weed, even after it wears off, which takes a few hours. Outside, everything is brighter, more interesting & more pleasant. Most importantly, I want to play my guitar.
The buds maintained their density & I was stunned by the yield. I was expecting 8 zips at the most…
Very nice and any reason to jam is a plus for sure. What kinds of guitars 🎸 do you have. I know how we are about needing different ones. I have an American Strat, Mexican Tele, Epiphone SG and I’m looking for an acoustic. CL🍀

Very nice and any reason to jam is a plus for sure. What kinds of guitars 🎸 do you have. I know how we are about needing different ones. I have an American Strat, Mexican Tele, Epiphone SG and I’m looking for an acoustic. CL🍀
You have a few guitars 😊
I have a sammick semi acoustic and a Gibson SG and one I'm building that's 3d printed .
I haven't played for awhile though

My son is in Thailand and I have his Martin acoustic-not a high end guitar, but still nice. I had a nice American Strat & a D35 Martin that I sold to pay my divorce lawyer. She & I are on good terms, that’s just what happened.
Arthritis & carpal tunnel syndrome shut me down around 2015, but I’ve had the surgery & am taking something for the arthritis. Fatigue gets the best of me now that my dexterity is coming back. Anyway, I can’t play well enough to justify owning a high end guitar anymore…

My son is in Thailand and I have his Martin acoustic-not a high end guitar, but still nice. I had a nice American Strat & a D35 Martin that I sold to pay my divorce lawyer. She & I are on good terms, that’s just what happened.
Arthritis & carpal tunnel syndrome shut me down around 2015, but I’ve had the surgery & am taking something for the arthritis. Fatigue gets the best of me now that my dexterity is coming back. Anyway, I can’t play well enough to justify owning a high end guitar anymore…
Wows! What year was that D35? I love ❤️ their guitars 🎸 just can’t afford them. CL🍀

"Sold my guitar to pay for my divorce"

That's a line from a Blues song if I've ever heard one! :Rasta:

Nice haul Thirvnrob!

"Sold my guitar to pay for my divorce"

That's a line from a Blues song if I've ever heard one! :Rasta:

Nice haul Thirvnrob!
Thanks GDB! The guitars were one of many things I sold to pay my lawyer. I definitely had the blues at the time…

Now for the Acapulco Gold. The one with purple leaves is not as frosty & the trichs don’t appear to be changing much. The other girl is dropping her leaves and I think she’s close, but I’m on the fence. The trich pics are all from that one. She’s the bigger of the two. They’re different as night and day…
IMG_4546.jpeg
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4544.jpeg
IMG_4541.jpeg
IMG_4542.jpeg
IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

I’m no longer on the fence. I’m taking one of the Acapulco Gold down tomorrow. I did a preliminary trim today to shorten my trim jail sentence. I’ll post a before & after pic along with the beautiful leaves. They’re like fall colors. And I almost forgot to mention that the calyses actually have a gold hue to them!
I’m sooo looking forward to the first taste.
Before I post the pics, has anyone ever done a staggered harvest? I have 8 or 9 nice colas & I wonder if the lower blooms may fatten up a little more if I let them go a couple more weeks. @Jon you’ve done this if memory serves me. All are encouraged to chime in.
Alright, here’s the eye candy…
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom