Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

@CaptainLucky They both started slowing down on their consumption a couple weeks ago. I stopped feeding them then & just giving them water, not to flush because I don’t believe that makes any difference but I don’t see any point in feeding them when they’re clearly shutting down. I’m only chopping one tomorrow though, so I might give the remaining girl a special meal since she’s apparently gonna make me wait.

I’m no longer on the fence. I’m taking one of the Acapulco Gold down tomorrow. I did a preliminary trim today to shorten my trim jail sentence. I’ll post a before & after pic along with the beautiful leaves. They’re like fall colors. And I almost forgot to mention that the calyses actually have a gold hue to them!
I’m sooo looking forward to the first taste.
Before I post the pics, has anyone ever done a staggered harvest? I have 8 or 9 nice colas & I wonder if the lower blooms may fatten up a little more if I let them go a couple more weeks. @Jon you’ve done this if memory serves me. All are encouraged to chime in.
Alright, here’s the eye candy…
IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg
Nice fatties on that one Thirvnrob!

I did a staggered harvest not too long ago. I gave the lower part of the plant 20 days longer after taking down the upper region.

It made a difference. The lower buds got denser but they never got more than a trace of amber (Nearly all cloudy though.)

Here's a pic of what I left on the plant (on the left):
1712896066135.png

I took the tallest colas today & wet trimmed them using my bowl trimmer. I’m a happy camper having only spent 1-1/2 hours processing it, but there’s still a good bit left to go. Not being able to tend to them daily means I have a LOT of larf. I think I’m gonna remove most of it & hope that’ll help what’s left fatten up some more. Maybe back building too? I’m thinking I’ll let them go a couple more weeks. Here’s a before & after.

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg

I took the tallest colas today & wet trimmed them using my bowl trimmer. I’m a happy camper having only spent 1-1/2 hours processing it, but there’s still a good bit left to go. Not being able to tend to them daily means I have a LOT of larf. I think I’m gonna remove most of it & hope that’ll help what’s left fatten up some more. Maybe back building too? I’m thinking I’ll let them go a couple more weeks. Here’s a before & after.

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg
Do yours feel sticky or oily? Mine are oily but really strong smelling. CL🍀

IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg
Outstanding congrats:hookah::goodjob:

I think it’s time to take this one. 14 weeks of flower as of tomorrow. The trichs look strange to me, but it looks like a good mix of clear, cloudy & amber with some purple. What do y’all think?

IMG_4578.jpeg
IMG_4583.png
IMG_4584.png
IMG_4585.png
IMG_4587.png

That's a lot of amber but it appears to be on the sugar leaves so that's not the place to gauge. And it's always hard to tell with a foxtailing plant because of the new vs original growth.

Is there a tester you can take and quick dry to get a better idea?
Well, if I must… :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom