Tommboy1973’s Outdoor Desert Autoflower 2021

Checked on my plant today. Seems to be bulking up but I’m concerned that no new pistols are forming. Is that normal? I’m like a new parent hovering over my plant worried about every little thing, lol. It has been fairly cold here recently, with highs in the 60’s to 70’s last couple days, and lows mostly in the 40’s.
4BB9E16D-D881-4B2D-B34F-BF9070F54B01.jpeg
257AFA71-80AD-4C76-A0A9-30C47116DF06.jpeg

6F6DA114-7D3B-4CB6-B302-10E03632E89F.jpeg
Tricomes seem about the same.
0DEA9869-317C-4E08-ABC7-EC551E131A60.jpeg
FEE47535-5BDC-48A5-B023-9654D8304D8F.jpeg
I did remove a few tiny buds, larf I guess you call them, from the inside bottom of the plant today. The chickens were super excited to get them :yummy: Anything else I should be doing at this point? TIA!!

Checked on my plant today. Seems to be bulking up but I’m concerned that no new pistols are forming. Is that normal? I’m like a new parent hovering over my plant worried about every little thing, lol. It has been fairly cold here recently, with highs in the 60’s to 70’s last couple days, and lows mostly in the 40’s.
4BB9E16D-D881-4B2D-B34F-BF9070F54B01.jpeg
257AFA71-80AD-4C76-A0A9-30C47116DF06.jpeg

6F6DA114-7D3B-4CB6-B302-10E03632E89F.jpeg
Tricomes seem about the same.
0DEA9869-317C-4E08-ABC7-EC551E131A60.jpeg
FEE47535-5BDC-48A5-B023-9654D8304D8F.jpeg
I did remove a few tiny buds, larf I guess you call them, from the inside bottom of the plant today. The chickens were super excited to get them :yummy: Anything else I should be doing at this point? TIA!

I live in the desert too. I have gorilla glue autos 3 weeks in flower indoors. I'm going to start an outdoor autoflower grow before it gets too hot. Have your plants handled the low humidity and wild temp changes from dawn to afternoon and back again. I just dropped seeds to soak this morning. I'll go back thru your journal. I may have some ?s about how you did things. I'm a newbie too your plants look fantabulous hope I can learn from your outdoor desert grow

They also seem very leafy. Going to reduce nitrogen on my next fertilization. Last one give was 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom +2 ml cal mag per gallon. GH trio.
D1230CCC-5A41-418B-A46D-E6271E4CE9F9.jpeg

I live in the desert too. I have gorilla glue autos 3 weeks in flower indoors. I'm going to start an outdoor autoflower grow before it gets too hot. Have your plants handled the low humidity and wild temp changes from dawn to afternoon and back again. I just dropped seeds to soak this morning. I'll go back thru your journal. I may have some ?s about how you did things. I'm a newbie too your plants look fantabulous hope I can learn from your outdoor desert grow
She’s healthy as all get out I’m just not sure about the whole budding thing and if it’s looking correct. Terrified I’m either going to harvest to early or wait too long LOL. So you may want to wait until I actually harvest before you follow any thing I’m doing, ha ha. I may be messing it up big time

Mdlroad I just started a few more autos, same thing, hoping to get harvest in before the heat hits. We had a rough summer in AZ last year and I don’t want to be growing anything during that. Mine are at seedling stage right now but should be close enough to to yours to compare notes as we grow? I saw from your earlier posts that you’re in Yuma. Should be close in climate to me, I’m about an hour or so south of Phoenix. I think you guys get a little hotter.

Mdlroad I just started a few more autos, same thing, hoping to get harvest in before the heat hits. We had a rough summer in AZ last year and I don’t want to be growing anything during that. Mine are at seedling stage right now but should be close enough to to yours to compare notes as we grow? What region are you in?
I'm in Yuma I'll be a few weeks behind just dropped seeds to soak this morning. Looking forward to comparing. It's a little hotter here but not much. I'm gonna grow 2 cream autos and 1 gorilla glue if they germ. I have more seeds if need be

Too much N is known to cause leaf growth, so that would be a good switch. Also, autoflowers can be like that outside! And those temps won't keep any cannabis plant happy...lows in the 40s will pretty much stop growth completely.

From the pistil pics I'd say you have about a week or more.
Thanks again Shed. Yeah that’s the downside of outdoors, can’t control Mother Nature! I just started a few more so hopefully the next batch will be in warmer conditions. I was going to turn the C9’s on at night but wasn’t sure if light at night would stress an auto? Might have to invest in a non light heater if I try it again this time of year.

One more question please. Looking at my last feeding of 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom +2 ml cal mag per gallon, gave 2 gallons. What should I reduce it to for the next feeding which will prob be tmo. It’s already way above the GH chart so not sure if I should follow the last week of flower from the schedule I’ve been color drop down to GH recommendation.
Here’s the current schedule I’m following my dates added. I didn’t plan on flushing other than maybe no nutes last week.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS SCHEDULE
PRODUCTS NEEDED:

GH Flora Grow
GH Flora Bloom
GH Flora Micro

All mixed into harvested rain water w/ PH 7 before nutes

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:

Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom 1/5/21

Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom 1/12/21

Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom 1/19/21 (2 gal)

Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
1/27/21 (2 gal) 2/2/21 (2 gal)

Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom 2/9/21

Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom 2/16/21, plain water 2/21/21

Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom +2 ml cal mag per gallon. 2/24/21, plain water 2/28/21

Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom

Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom

Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!

Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

I started my whole indoor/outdoor style of growing when I started moving my autos inside at night for some extra light on grey June Gloom days. They appreciate all the light they can get.

Here's how I started:
full

And now this is the space with the light I made in 2018 (though many of our sponsors now have better lights for the space):

Are these normal? I pulled one off and it was empty inside. I thought they were seeds at first.
Completely normal, and I asked the same question when I started!
It’s already way above the GH chart
I've never used GH, but I'd go with whatever it recommends for the peak of flower...week 6 I guess. No reason to flush, and go with water only for the last week only if you want to save money on nutes.

I started my whole indoor/outdoor style of growing when I started moving my autos inside at night for some extra light on grey June Gloom days. They appreciate all the light they can get.

Here's how I started:
full

And now this is the space with the light I made in 2018 (though many of our sponsors now have better lights for the space):

Completely normal, and I asked the same question when I started!

I've never used GH, but I'd go with whatever it recommends for the peak of flower...week 6 I guess. No reason to flush, and go with water only for the last week only if you want to save money on nutes.
Sugar balls :rofl: Love it!! Thanks again. Going to go fertilize right now as it’s hot and Uber windy today and she’s getting dry.

Me too I'm several weeks behind indoors

IMG_20210307_141605867.jpg
Yours look so much better than mine. Mine so leafy hard to see what bud is hiding in there. And the sun/heat fried up all the pistols weeks ago.

Yours look so much better than mine. Mine so leafy hard to see what bud is hiding in there. And the sun/heat fried up all the pistols weeks ago.
I grew a plant that got super beaten up in the sun and would wilt badly every day in the heat, but it's buds were the stickiest I've grown, not the frostiest, just sticky as anything where the sugar leaves looked like they were 'varnished'. So your girl is probably responding similar to make itself more resin to protect from the climate!

D4663A11-B607-436F-BD57-246CC7EDA8EF.jpeg
E2FE0395-4CA6-4623-AC42-1723CC3E98A3.jpeg

Continuing to bulk up. So excited for the next week or two!
You’ve asked a few times but not sure you ever got an answer. Your trichs are developing the heads quite nicely, they are mostly clear . You want milky :)

Back
Top Bottom